Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 11 Empty Re: Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment

Post by The Pantry on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m shocked pantry is divorced and his own daughter won’t talk to him. Shocked.
Thanks for your concern. Happily, my overreacting millennial daughter has come back to her senses and we're cool now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 11 Empty Re: Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment

Post by DWags on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:37 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m shocked pantry is divorced and his own daughter won’t talk to him. Shocked.
Thanks for your concern. Happily, my overreacting millennial daughter has come back to her senses and we're cool now.

Great to hear. My youngest about killed my wife and I her sophomore and junior year of high school. Left her weed on the kitchen counter, took a suspension from school, would say maybe five words to us weekly. I mean I’m old and dickish but my wife is pretty cool and all my kids friends love her. We were told by a psychologist that a lot had to do with separation anxiety of her sister, but it was really uneasy for a couple years. Just lived her to death, but she had disagreements with us. Well her senior year she started opening back up and really said she just missed her sister. We said shit, so do we. We really loved each other for those two years but didn’t like each other that much. Now, like you, we’re all good. She got three 4.0’s and a 2.5 this semester by the way, Hell her first quarter as a junior in high school she was pulling all c’s and b’s.

Shit happens in families, part of the deal. Glad you guys are cool with each other again. Sometimes it helps to talk shit out. Good luck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:28 pm

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Thanks for your concern. Happily, my overreacting millennial daughter has come back to her senses and we're cool now.

Great to hear. My youngest about killed my wife and I her sophomore and junior year of high school. Left her weed on the kitchen counter, took a suspension from school, would say maybe five words to us weekly. I mean I’m old and dickish but my wife is pretty cool and all my kids friends love her. We were told by a psychologist that a lot had to do with separation anxiety of her sister, but it was really uneasy for a couple years. Just lived her to death, but she had disagreements with us. Well her senior year she started opening back up and really said she just missed her sister. We said shit, so do we. We really loved each other for those two years but didn’t like each other that much. Now, like you, we’re all good. She got three 4.0’s and a 2.5 this semester by the way, Hell her first quarter as a junior in high school she was pulling all c’s and b’s.

Shit happens in families, part of the deal. Glad you guys are cool with each other again. Sometimes it helps to talk shit out. Good luck.
Thanks. Glad to hear your situation worked out.

My oldest daughter is still a work in progress. Sided with my ex during the divorce even though she cheated on me. Easy to figure...wife was stay-at-home while I was working 6 days a week. Still thinks she's some sort of goddess and I'm just slightly above dirt. Things really went off the rails when she went to UM. I was very proud of her but that atmosphere changed her for the worse. She still works at UM. Talking with her now, her head seems big as a medicine ball. Almost like she disregards anything I say.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:09 pm

Let's get this thread back on track.

Now the old people are even having to handle the MickeyD jobs for the kids.

Fast-Food Industry Turns To Seniors As Reliable Workers

But here’s a News Flash that potential employers seem to be rediscovering: Senior citizens have a lifetime of job discipline experience in work and social settings in the real world, not online, an attention span beyond four seconds and the accompanying self-confidence that makes them ideal for customer interactions in such retail work.

The median food industry hourly wage is $9.81, the same sum such establishments would pay for an inexperienced teen without the experience and workplace decorum.

“A lot of times,” said Stevenson Williams, manager of a Church’s Chicken in North Charlotte, “with the younger kids now, they can be very disrespectful. So you have to coach them and tell them this is your job. This is not the street.”

The need for such workers is so great that companies are hunting them in non-traditional places like churches and senior citizen homes where residents are happy to get out, make a little extra money and have a social experience.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:47 am

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:10 am

I think I'm going to watch Bad News Bears today.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:13 am

Well at least the Snowflakes can join the British Army. That ought to make them good allies in the next war.

Army recruiting 'snowflakes': What do people think?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:27 am

That article definitively proves people have waaay too much free time.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 am

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 11 22aea410
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:34 am

I.B. Fine wrote:
That article definitively proves people have waaay too much free time.

Kramer stomping on the flag he accidentally set on fire was funny. Soup Nazi, meh, it was ok.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:37 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Well at least the Snowflakes can join the British Army. That ought to make them good allies in the next war.

Are t millennials a bit old for joining the army?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 am

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Are t millennials a bit old for joining the army?

They're typically late for everything.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:56 am

This is a whole lot of nothing. Seinfeld was pretty groundbreaking and I still find it hilarious. Some of it doesn't hold up particularly well. Why would it? It's 30 fucking years old. Next thing you'll be telling me All in the Family doesn't hold up very well in 2019.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:11 pm

Reminds me of the old joke, Guy goes in to see the doctor, says 'Doc, when I do this (moves arm behind his head) it hurts like a bitch' doctor pauses for a moment of thought and then replies, 'Don't do that. That'll be $75'
I don't know of anyone being forced to watch anything.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:24 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:Reminds me of the old joke, Guy goes in to see the doctor, says 'Doc, when I do this (moves arm behind his head) it hurts like a bitch' doctor pauses for a moment of thought and then replies, 'Don't do that. That'll be $75'

But some want to force people to NOT watch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:32 pm

DWags wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:Reminds me of the old joke, Guy goes in to see the doctor, says 'Doc, when I do this (moves arm behind his head) it hurts like a bitch' doctor pauses for a moment of thought and then replies, 'Don't do that. That'll be $75'

Who’s that? Some random morans on the internet that get a voice because of all of the platforms these days that the media picks up? Why y’all fall for this shit again and again is beyond me. It reminds me of goose posting screen shots of fringe lunatics on twitter on the bin and using it as gospel.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:40 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

Who’s that? Some random morans on the internet.

Yes
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:40 pm

DWags wrote:

Who’s that? Some random morans on the internet that get a voice because of all of the platforms these days that the media picks up? Why y’all fall for this shit again and again is beyond me. It reminds me of goose posting screen shots of fringe lunatics on twitter on the bin and using it as gospel.

Our resident expert on morons speaks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:43 pm

DWags wrote:

Otpt calm down and let’s monetize this. Let’s create a website where we just pick things that boomers like, say millennials are killing it or find it offensive, then watch as hundreds of thousands of Facebook clicks roll through from upset boomers. We’ll be millionaires.

First up- millennials are actively trying to kill boomer icon Jimmy Buffet.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:43 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is a whole lot of nothing. Seinfeld was pretty groundbreaking and I still find it hilarious. Some of it doesn't hold up particularly well. Why would it? It's 30 fucking years old. Next thing you'll be telling me All in the Family doesn't hold up very well in 2019.

What’s funny about this is that Archie Bunker actually holds up great. It’s the Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers characters that would be attacked for their outdated progressive ideas.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Otpt calm down and let’s monetize this. Let’s create a website where we just pick things that boomers like, say millennials are killing it or find it offensive, then watch as hundreds of thousands of Facebook clicks roll through from upset boomers. We’ll be millionaires.

Yeah, you can literally do this with multiple types of groups of people. You would think this board would be smarter than your average schmuck on Facebook but maybe it’s because MSU wasn’t all that hard to get into back in the day.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:53 pm

I’d go in on this but somebody already invented Facebook Instagram and snap chat.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:54 pm

Yeah, you can literally do this with multiple types of groups of people. You would think this board would be smarter than your average schmuck on Facebook but maybe it’s because MSU wasn’t all that hard to get into back in the day.

MSU is not known as an academic powerhouse OTPT.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:59 pm

DWags wrote:

I’d go in on this but somebody already invented Facebook Instagram and snap chat.

I...... I don’t think you get...... you know what it’s okay gramps just keep clicking.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:00 pm

DWags wrote:

I...... I don’t think you get...... you know what it’s okay gramps just keep clicking.

You want me to stop reading Facebook?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:07 pm

DWags wrote:

Probably a good idea tbh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:09 pm

DWags wrote:

Probably a good idea tbh

Bummer. I like the memes.

You’re like those people who don’t want me to watch Seinfeld..... hey, wait a minute
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:10 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 11 22aea410

This post/picture is a disappointment.
NigelUno
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:.

I knew it. Evil or Very Mad

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 11 502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:13 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 11 22aea410

Seriously, OTPT, I thought Millennials were supposed to be so good at the internets.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Seriously, OTPT, I thought Millennials were supposed to be so good at the internets.

Me too - shows up for me. Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 11 2599972566
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:52 pm

10s of Thousands of words of whine.

How Millennials Became The Burnout Generation

Explanations like Tim’s are at the core of the millennial reputation: We’re spoiled, entitled, lazy, and failures at what’s come to be known as “adulting,” a word invented by millennials as a catchall for the tasks of self-sufficient existence. Expressions of “adulting” do often come off as privileged astonishment at the realities of, well, life: that you have to pay bills and go to work; that you have to buy food and cook it if you want to eat it; that actions have consequences. Adulting is hard because life is hard — or, as a Bustle article admonishes its readers, “everything is hard if you want to look at it that way.”

Millennials love to complain about other millennials giving them a bad name. But as I fumed about this 27-year-old’s post office anxiety, I was deep in a cycle of a tendency, developed over the last five years, that I’ve come to call “errand paralysis.” I’d put something on my weekly to-do list, and it’d roll over, one week to the next, haunting me for months.

None of these tasks were that hard: getting knives sharpened, taking boots to the cobbler, registering my dog for a new license, sending someone a signed copy of my book, scheduling an appointment with the dermatologist, donating books to the library, vacuuming my car. A handful of emails — one from a dear friend, one from a former student asking how my life was going — festered in my personal inbox, which I use as a sort of alternative to-do list, to the point that I started calling it the “inbox of shame.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:58 pm

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 11 1966794946 the irony. 11 pages long. Just rich.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:14 pm

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:42 pm

The only time I found a joke tasteless on Seinfeld were the few times they used suicide for laugh lines. Other than that, the show was gold. That column was ridiculous.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:01 pm

So we all agree that Gen X wins the great generational wars, right?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So we all agree that Gen X wins the great generational wars, right?

I am the greatest.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So we all agree that Gen X wins the great generational wars, right?

No, we all hate those fuckers. (What years, exactly, am I hating?)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on Fri May 03, 2019 9:02 am

Fucking Millennials - Another disappointment - Page 11 3sytxhr1ouv21
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on Fri May 03, 2019 10:30 am

As a millennial, I'm very concerned with how stupid and terrible gen z is. Kids these days...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum