Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread

+18
duffy munn
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
MattyFresh
aualum06
By-Tor
kingstonlake
The Pantry
Turtleneck
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
DWags
Clarett's Folly
22 posters

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 11:25

*note- two years ago was 4 games into his tenure.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 11:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Wrong Einstein, I was advocating for firing SVG 2 years ago. Long before he started running his mouth about non basketball items. But of course you see everything through your tribal lens so you ignore that. Maybe you support keeping him based on the great team he's assembled?

Mmmmhhhmmmmmm

And another thread that gets politics dragged into it. Again I'll ask you for the basketball reasons to support SVG?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 11:31

LooseGoose wrote:

Mmmmhhhmmmmmm

And another thread that gets politics dragged into it. Again I'll ask you for the basketball reasons to support SVG?

Hey man, I didn’t even say I support him. I just think your reasons for constantly screaming for him to be fired might be a little disingenuous. Like Otpt, I also don’t really have a great alternative. I don’t think changing streams every 15 minutes is a way to go as we saw 2008-2014. If they were to change now then I’d do what the sixers did and go full tank as we probably should have done in 2008. I am not ready to go that route however just yet, so I’d rather stay the course and see what’s happens through this season at least.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 11:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:*note- two years ago was 4 games into his tenure.

He was hired on 5/14/14. He's coached 3 full seasons plus the start of this one.

Good math skillz there.

Do you seriously think if I were a Spurs fan I'd be advocating firing Pops? He's been more outspoken than SVG, the difference is that he's won something as a coach.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 11:36

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:*note- two years ago was 4 games into his tenure.

He was hired on 5/14/14. He's coached 3 full seasons plus the start of this one.

Good math skillz there.

Do you seriously think if I were a Spurs fan I'd be advocating firing Pops? He's been more outspoken than SVG, the difference is that he's won something as a coach.

Goose- I honestly do not know. Seriously. I have no idea. Unfortunately it’s a hypothetical and we can’t really test that theory.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-24, 11:42

They should trade Reggie and Andre for Steph and KD.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-10-24, 11:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They should trade Reggie and Andre for Steph and KD.

I mean, I'd also ask for Green.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-24, 11:54

Sincerely,

Goose and pantry. Clueless. I’ll be back, just had to get that jab in there. Goose thinks he’s some sort of pioneer thinking that Drummond and Reggie were not worth their contracts after the fact. (And we are 4 games into the season and the knee jerk dumb fan reactions have already begun) I don’t think svg should retain the whole operations role if shit doesn’t turn for the better after 1-2 more seasons, but to fire him as a coach is fucking moronic. Find someone better and we can have a discussion. Billups? Didn’t he just turn down the fucking cavs? DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread  - Page 5 502811600

I’ve already said too much, back to work, back to own goose later.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 12:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Sincerely,

Goose and pantry. Clueless. I’ll be back, just had to get that jab in there. Goose thinks he’s some sort of pioneer thinking that Drummond and Reggie were not worth their contracts after the fact. (And we are 4 games into the season and the knee jerk dumb fan reactions have already begun) I don’t think svg should retain the whole operations role if shit doesn’t turn for the better after 1-2 more seasons, but to fire him as a coach is fucking moronic. Find someone better and we can have a discussion. Billups? Didn’t he just turn down the fucking cavs? DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread  - Page 5 502811600

I’ve already said too much, back to work, back to own goose later.

Nope. Not after the fact. Anyone that talked hoops with me knew I was opposed to maxing Andre. I'm not digging for them but I'm pretty sure there would be examples here.

It was a horrible idea to try and build a contender around OKC's back up point guard and a Center that gives less than maximum effort many times, can't shoot free throws and plays Defense only when the mood strikes him and then is a foul magnet. I would have let him walk. Somehow people thought he was a huge asset yet no other team seemed to think that.

Firing a coach with a 113-133 record in Detroit is moronic? OK boss.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 12:42

The absurd hyothetical makes my point.

Their trade value is near zilch and SVG has doled them out $207M in contracts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 12:44

LooseGoose wrote:

Good math skillz there.

Goose- I honestly do not know. Seriously. I have no idea. Unfortunately it’s a hypothetical and we can’t really test that theory.

I notice you ignored your "4 games into his tenure" error.

But you can make the hypothetical that I'm in favor of firing SVG because of his politics. Cute.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-24, 12:47

LooseGoose wrote:

But you can make the hypothetical that I'm in favor of firing SVG because of his politics. Cute.

What? Someone made a posting error, and ignored it?

Hmmmmm...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 12:54

LooseGoose wrote:

You’re right, my bad. Sorry goose. Though, if you were clamoring for his firing during the one season that we showed progress in the last decade and made the playoffs. Well. Hm.

And it’s not a hypothetical goose. I’m sorry, I just believe that you personally don’t like the guy and that’s a big part of the reason why you want him fired. I get that you won’t admit to that. That’s fine. Whatever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 13:36

LooseGoose wrote:

You’re right, my bad. Sorry goose. Though, if you were clamoring for his firing during the one season that we showed progress in the last decade and made the playoffs. Well. Hm.

And it’s not a hypothetical goose. I’m sorry, I just believe that you personally don’t like the guy and that’s a big part of the reason why you want him fired. I get that you won’t admit to that. That’s fine. Whatever.

You're right that I don't like him but not for the reasons you think. I think he sucks as a GM.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-10-24, 14:33

I opened this thread for the first time ever. I was not expecting what I stopped reading.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 14:42

InTenSity wrote:I opened this thread for the first time ever. I was not expecting what I stopped reading.

You should stick around for a bit :)

Look, we got two posters that are chomping at the bit to fire SVG and I just think it’s fair to put on the table that the reason why can be more than just what they say.

Goose- I do not think that it’s unfair to say that if SVG didn’t say anything about stuff outside of basketball that you might be willing to give him some more rope. Same thing goes for Pop- I think in our hypothetical you’d be fine with him, for as long as things go well. I think that the moment there’s anything other than a conference finals appearance for him you’d be the first Spurs fan to call for his firing. I just really don’t think that it’s unfair to point out that personal misgivings are why you are the first person to be shouting that he needs to go. And that’s your right, and it’s not unfair, and it’s cool if you say “yeah I’d probably give him more rope if he kept his mouth shut.” Fine. Just call a spade a spade though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 14:51

Look, we got two posters that are chomping at the bit to fire SVG and I just think it’s fair to put on the table that the reason why can be more than just what they say.

Goose- I do not think that it’s unfair to say that if SVG didn’t say anything about stuff outside of basketball that you might be willing to give him some more rope.

I do. I think it's unfair as hell. You're putting words into my mouth and dragging politics into this thread and repeatedly on this board.

I get fucking sick of you righteous SOBs telling me who I am and what I think. IF you want to know ask me and I'll tell you, you don't need to make it up.

i think Stan Van Gundy is ok as a coach. I think he sucks royally as a GM. I don't think if you polled Pistons fans you would find either of those views to be radical or even out of the mainstream yet you seem to want to assert that I arrived there via politics.

You aren't going to keep SVG the coach and replace him as GM, if you tried to do that it'd be another clusterfuck until it was over. The Pistons need to sell between now and the deadline and tear the whole thing down.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 15:07

LooseGoose wrote:

Goose- I do not think that it’s unfair to say that if SVG didn’t say anything about stuff outside of basketball that you might be willing to give him some more rope.

I do. I think it's unfair as hell. You're putting words into my mouth and dragging politics into this thread and repeatedly on this board.

I get fucking sick of you righteous SOBs telling me who I am and what I think. IF you want to know ask me and I'll tell you, you don't need to make it up.

i think Stan Van Gundy is ok as a coach. I think he sucks royally as a GM. I don't think if you polled Pistons fans you would find either of those views to be radical or even out of the mainstream yet you seem to want to assert that I arrived there via politics.

You aren't going to keep SVG the coach and replace him as GM, if you tried to do that it'd be another clusterfuck until it was over. The Pistons need to sell between now and the deadline and tear the whole thing down.

I just don’t think it’s a mega coincidence that the two posters that overtly want him to go away are also the conservative ones. It’s also not really dragging politics into it either. I’m not sitting here telling you that your views are wrong or bad goose. I’m telling you that I 100% believe that it has something to do with it. Like i said, without that I don’t think you’d be so quick to the gun. And that’s fine. Whatever. Thankfully it’s Gores’ call and not yours.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 15:16

On an unrelated note- I present two images from LCA and the last game at the palace in similar seats (front ish rows of the upper deck.) The picture from LCA doesn’t do it great justice- it does feel like you’re closer than the pic suggests and more “on top” of the court. I mean you can definitely see that in the comparison.

Also, that was at the beginning of the game. The corner and behind the basket sections were way fuller later on.

DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread  - Page 5 C442e910

DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread  - Page 5 C5d95110
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 15:16

LooseGoose wrote:

I just don’t think it’s a mega coincidence that the two posters that overtly want him to go away are also the conservative ones. It’s also not really dragging politics into it either. I’m not sitting here telling you that your views are wrong or bad goose. I’m telling you that I 100% believe that it has something to do with it. Like i said, without that I don’t think you’d be so quick to the gun. And that’s fine. Whatever. Thankfully it’s Gores’ call and not yours.

So following your logic then since you and OTPT are the 2 supporting him that it's because of your Liberal politics? Should I feel compelled to insert that into this thread? Do as you like but the double standard around here on politics makes me want to puke. Thread after thread on this board is polluted with it by the Libs because your entire fucking existence revolves around it.

I think the Lions ere right to keep Caldwell - you better go check his politics to see if that's a legitimate view.

I wish the Tigers had fired Ausmus 2 years ago or better yet never hired him. I have no idea of his politics but I'm sure now you'll want to investigate him. While you're doing it check Gardenhire and let me know whether I like him or not?

And the Red Wings? IS Blaishill a flaming Lib? What Kenny Holland? Let me know so I can proceed with my opinion on them.

THAT's the idiocy you're peddling on SVG, so be consistent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 15:26

LooseGoose wrote:

So following your logic then since you and OTPT are the 2 supporting him that it's because of your Liberal politics? Should I feel compelled to insert that into this thread? Do as you like but the double standard around here on politics makes me want to puke. Thread after thread on this board is polluted with it by the Libs because your entire fucking existence revolves around it.

I think the Lions ere right to keep Caldwell - you better go check his politics to see if that's a legitimate view.

I wish the Tigers had fired Ausmus 2 years ago or better yet never hired him. I have no idea of his politics but I'm sure now you'll want to investigate him. While you're doing it check Gardenhire and let me know whether I like him or not?

And the Red Wings? IS Blaishill a flaming Lib? What Kenny Holland? Let me know so I can proceed with my opinion on them.

THAT's the idiocy you're peddling on SVG, so be consistent.

I already told you why I don’t think it’s a great idea to fire him goose. Want to say it’s cause he thinks your boy is awful? Fine. Whatever.

The rest of them aren’t outspoken about any of it. So they are bad examples that don’t make any sense. SVG is outspoken. He did it again just the other day. And I think it influences your opinion and really I think it’s disingenuous to say that it has no impact whatsoever given how much you care about those issues. Whatever man. I’m glad we addressed the elephant in the room and we can move on to strictly basketball if you’d like. Your call.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 15:39

The "elephant" wasn't in the room, just in your mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 15:44

LooseGoose wrote:The "elephant" wasn't in the room, just in your mind.

Heh. Whatever you say chief. Let’s shake hands and move on goose.

DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread  - Page 5 Giphy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-24, 16:44

Goose bringing up his record is funny. Do you know how big of a trainwreck the franchise was when he took over?

It’s funny what one year does, and not even to a what have you done for me lately millennial. I’m sure you were saying all this shit as the stones got swept by the cavs but were in every game. Reggie Jackson was a damn near an all star. Saying Drummond didn’t deserve the $ is fair, but saying “OKC’s back up” when it’s a dude who averaged a triple double and won the mvp is saying what exactly?

One- two more years and we still haven’t had a playoff run then we can talk about someone else taking over the GM spot and SVG being just the coach. But to do it now? Are you serious clark ? You haven’t named one decent replacement that makes sense (Bill laimbeer DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread  - Page 5 502811600 what a basic suggestion)

The pistons are still young enough to not tank with this core, - if it doesn’t work out in 2-3 years then re evaluate. It would be really short sighted to do it now. Fans are stupid and reactionary by nature so I don’t nexessarily blame you goose for your awful thinking.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 16:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose bringing up his record is funny. Do you know how big of a trainwreck the franchise was when he took over?

It’s funny what one year does, and not even to a what have you done for me lately millennial. I’m sure you were saying all this shit as the stones got swept by the cavs but were in every game. Reggie Jackson was a damn near an all star. Saying Drummond didn’t deserve the $ is fair, but saying “OKC’s back up” when it’s a dude who averaged a triple double and won the mvp is saying what exactly?

One- two more years and we still haven’t had a playoff run then we can talk about someone else taking over the GM spot and SVG being just the coach. But to do it now? Are you serious clark ? You haven’t named one decent replacement that makes sense (Bill laimbeer DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread  - Page 5 502811600 what a basic suggestion)

The pistons are still young enough to not tank with this core, - if it doesn’t work out in 2-3 years then re evaluate. It would be really short sighted to do it now. Fans are stupid and reactionary by nature so I don’t nexessarily blame you goose for your awful thinking.

It isn't the youth I'm questioning. IT's the upside. Where is the upside with this team?

Reggie? Nope.
Drummond? Nope.
Harris? Nope.
Bradley? He ain't sticking around.
Ellenson? Not so far and I don't see it coming.
Johnson? Not so far and I don't see it coming.

This is a team that is hard capped, has it's best player headed to UFA and has a ceiling of a 5-6 seed and getting it's ass whipped in the playoffs. If you don't see an upside beyond that you might as well tear it down and try again. I'm not advocating a replacement but I'm certain there are people out there that deserve a chance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-24, 16:53

I kinda wanted to stop reading when you said Drummond Reggie and Harris have no upside. Have you watched basketball before? Or the pistons? Want to tell me the age of these three players?

Also- we can pay Bradley the most money I wouldn’t count on him leaving yet. We suck this year? Sure. But again, you’re reacting off a .500 start in 4 games.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-24, 16:54

DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread  - Page 5 502811600 Harris Drummond and Jackson no upside. Holy sheeeet stick to Mio happenings.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-24, 16:55

Reggie 27
Andre 24
Tobias 25

Rolling Eyes

It seems like you are projecting a lot. “I don’t see it coming”. Your entire argument is based off things you dont see happening. The logical smart way is to let it play out and then tank. Not say fuck it in the middle of it after showing signs of life (playoffs) for the first time in what 6-7 years? Smh.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-24, 16:57; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 16:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose bringing up his record is funny. Do you know how big of a trainwreck the franchise was when he took over?

Yes, it won 29 games and missed the playoffs in the last year before SVG.   In his 3rd season he won 37 games, capped the team out and missed the playoffs.  An absolutely startling improvement.   I imagine Gores can trade SVG for a handsome package of players and picks.

He's made the playoffs in 1 year of 3 and they got their asses handed to them in round 1.  How long can he rest on that laurel?   Call me stupid and reactionary I guess, I see Harbaugh levels of denial in your defense of a failed GM/Coach.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-24, 17:00

Yeah - you don’t really have a clue what you’re talking about. You just brought up getting swept by Lebron James and crew, cherrypicking stats like none other. No big picture in mind. You’re stupid and reactionary. If I didn’t say that yet.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 17:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Reggie 27
Andre 24
Tobias 25

Rolling Eyes

It seems like you are projecting a lot. “I don’t see it coming”. Your entire argument is based off things you dont see happening. The logical smart way is to let it play out and then tank. Not say fuck it in the middle of it after showing signs of life (playoffs) for the first time in what 6-7 years? Smh.

Can you provide some examples of 27 year old PGs with bad knees making large improvements?

Tobias is what he is, I just don't see where he makes a leap.

Drummond.   Drummond is a different case.  If Drummond had DayDay up his ass game after game he'd be a better player.  That's not happening here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 17:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Yeah - you don’t really have a clue what you’re talking about. You just brought up getting swept by Lebron James and crew, cherrypicking stats like none other. No big picture in mind. You’re stupid and reactionary. If I didn’t say that yet.

LOL - Cherry picking? Do you know the definition of that? IF I had picked one example of many playoff runs that would be cherry picking. The fact that it's the only example is a perfect illustration of my point and the opposite of cherry picking since I'm using 100% of available playoff data under SVG.

Thanks again for the compliments. Always helpful in discussions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 17:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I kinda wanted to stop reading when you said Drummond Reggie and Harris have no upside. Have you watched basketball before? Or the pistons? Want to tell me the age of these three players?

I've been watching the Pistons since Bob Lanier and Dave Bing played at Cobo. That doesn't make me an expert but it does make me a long time fan that can recognize a team going nowhere.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-10-24, 17:08

In 3 years goose. Huge sample size we are working with. You have no opinions besides firing him. What is the benefit to do it now over in 3 years? Is there a specific coach or GM we could snag? Any specific all star in the draft to tank for? Where is the logic to fire everyone right now? You have nothing to back it up. Nothing.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 20:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:In 3 years goose. Huge sample size we are working with. You have no opinions besides firing him. What is the benefit to do it now over in 3 years? Is there a specific coach or GM we could snag? Any specific all star in the draft to tank for? Where is the logic to fire everyone right now? You have nothing to back it up. Nothing.

It should have been done after last season. In general it can wait for next spring, the only reason to move earlier is if you could get your permanent replacement on board to do the deadline tear down.

Any examples of 27yo PGs making big leaps forward? Any thoughts on how this team is going to challenge for Eastern Conference supremacy in the next couple years? I'd rather be picking top 3 than 10th-12th where you get the Ellenson's of the world.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 20:34

The team will probably have to tank hardcore at some point. God forbid that the sixers have success with it. You’ll have fuckin 15 teams all trying to tank.

For now, if Drummond can hit free throws and defense better, if Reggie can see the court a little better, if Harris (frankly can still just be Harris. I like Harris a lot.) and they can add some pieces, I think they could have a crack. I don’t know or think that’ll happen, but I don’t want to blow shit up just yet.

Fuck. SJ could be a piece if he could get some consistency. He’s the most frustrating part of the team for me. I want him to be good so badly but he has games like last night where he is just so so bad.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-24, 21:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The team will probably have to tank hardcore at some point. God forbid that the sixers have success with it. You’ll have fuckin 15 teams all trying to tank.

For now, if Drummond can hit free throws and defense better, if Reggie can see the court a little better, if Harris (frankly can still just be Harris. I like Harris a lot.) and they can add some pieces, I think they could have a crack. I don’t know or think that’ll happen, but I don’t want to blow shit up just yet.

Fuck. SJ could be a piece if he could get some consistency. He’s the most frustrating part of the team for me. I want him to be good so badly but he has games like last night where he is just so so bad.

Serious question: How do they add pieces? They're hard capped. So they can only add through the draft or trades on a salary in/out matching basis. Drafting in the teens is very hit and miss.

I wish Ellenson OR Stanley would catch fire. Even then they need someone to get on Andre's ass, I hoped it would be his pal Reggie now I don't see that. Will Bradley settle in then assume the leadership role? Realistically Andre and Stanley are the only 2 players on the team that *could* have enough upside to make a difference.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-24, 21:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The team will probably have to tank hardcore at some point. God forbid that the sixers have success with it. You’ll have fuckin 15 teams all trying to tank.

NBA teams have been tanking games for awhile.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 21:25

LooseGoose wrote:

Serious question: How do they add pieces? They're hard capped. So they can only add through the draft or trades on a salary in/out matching basis. Drafting in the teens is very hit and miss.

I wish Ellenson OR Stanley would catch fire. Even then they need someone to get on Andre's ass, I hoped it would be his pal Reggie now I don't see that. Will Bradley settle in then assume the leadership role? Realistically Andre and Stanley are the only 2 players on the team that *could* have enough upside to make a difference.

Shit I dunno. Luck out and draft a guy or find a quiet free agent?

That’s the thing. We didn’t exactly give SVG a full deck. So, you have a couple of choices. Blow everything up (we didn’t do that,) or try to build around what young talent we do have (this is where we’re at.)

Honestly, tank now or tank next year or after if we still show no progress at all? (Or maybe give it one or two more years) I guess I’d rather see what happens this year before making that decision. Hell- Drummond can apparently hit free throws now. It’s too early for me to write the whole thing off.

That said- Stanley frustrates me. SVG isn’t getting fired. Let’s talk about Stanley.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-10-24, 21:25

NigelUno wrote:

NBA teams have been tanking games for awhile.

Like the Hawks now. I know. I get it. The pistons are still trying to go the honest route.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next