DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DEEE-TROIT BAASKETBAALLLL!!! 2017-2018 Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-24, 21:27

Goose continues to overlook Harris, conveniently. He’s probably the pistons’ best player right now.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-24, 21:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose continues to overlook Harris, conveniently. He’s probably the pistons’ best player.

Amazing really. He’s pretty fuckin good and I love him.

Brought here in exchange for.... what exactly? That was a hell of a trade by whichever GM we had at the time.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-24, 21:30

Oh.

Brandon Jennings and Illyasova. Sure wish we had that one back

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-24, 21:30

Brandon Jennings?

You don’t blow it up right now. You blow it up in 2-3 years if there are no solid runs. Goose could say this same shit re pistons for about 3/4 the nba right now.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-24, 21:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Brandon Jennings?

You don’t blow it up right now. You blow it up in 2-3 years if there are no solid runs. Goose could say this same shit re pistons for about 3/4 the nba right now.

75% might be light.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-24, 21:39

I agree. And now is the time to blow it up. The Pistons aren't going to compete with the Warriors even if Stanley and Andre improve no matter how good you think Tobias is. Blow it up now and be ready for a run when the Warriors crumble. Honestly with the Celtics and Sixers ahead of us it may already be too late for that timeline.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-24, 21:43

LooseGoose wrote:

I agree. And now is the time to blow it up. The Pistons aren't going to compete with the Warriors even if Stanley and Andre improve no matter how good you think Tobias is. Blow it up now and be ready for a run when the Warriors crumble. Honestly with the Celtics and Sixers ahead of us it may already be too late for that timeline.

Bro, you’re talking about the Warriors? You get to the let’s say.. wizards level and then try to land a free agent or two and some solid draft picks. You’re assuming so much right now - including that tanking is the only way. Did the warriors tank to get where they are? What are the winning lotto numbers while we are at it?

The warriors are not in this realm of discussion. Getting a 4 seed in a weak east is. Welcome back to reality, let me know when you’re here.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-24, 21:46

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Bro, you’re talking about the Warriors? You get to the let’s say.. wizards level and then try to land a free agent or two and some solid draft picks. You’re assuming so much right now - including that tanking is the only way. Did the warriors tank to get where they are? What are the winning lotto numbers while we are at it?

The warriors are not in this realm of discussion. Getting a 4 seed in a weak east is. Welcome back to reality, let me know when you’re here.

The winning lotto numbers are 372-40-5791

That’s Steph Curry’s ssn

Just kidding I don’t know his ssn.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-24, 21:49

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh.

Win shares 1st 6 years of career.   Harris 25.6  Illyasova  25.3  

Yep, huge difference.

Illysova has aged out now, but Harris is a younger version making double the $$.

Orlando dumped him for cap space which may have been a mistake....but I doubt he;s the savior.

Last edited by LooseGoose on 2017-10-24, 21:50; edited 1 time in total

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-24, 21:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Oh.

Win shares 1st 6 years of career. Harris 25.6 Illyasova 25.3

Yep, huge difference.

Win shares? Come on man.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-24, 21:51

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Win shares 1st 6 years of career. Harris 25.6 Illyasova 25.3

Yep, huge difference.

Win shares? Come on man.

lol, I thought as a youngster you'd be into advanced stats.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-24, 21:51

This is how people end up saying things like “you’re blindly anti SVG for non sports reasons so you come up with shit to justify it”

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-24, 21:52

LooseGoose wrote:

Win shares? Come on man.

Nah, sometimes you just gotta look with your eyes. That was a great trade for us.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-24, 21:52

What the fuck are win shares?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-24, 21:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:This is how people end up saying things like “you’re blindly anti SVG for non sports reasons so you come up with shit to justify it”

So using advanced statistics is anti SVG? OK.

Again you return to this bullshit after I've very clearly laid out why I don't think this Pistons team is going anywhere. Rather than debate that you revert to this bullshit. Intellectually lazy on your part.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-24, 21:54

Timberwolves tomorrow, you can probably pile on more tomorrow Goose when they drop to 2-3.

No matter how wrong you are, I’m just happy that someone outside of travis and I will talk the stones.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-24, 21:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:This is how people end up saying things like “you’re blindly anti SVG for non sports reasons so you come up with shit to justify it”

Again you return to this bullshit after I've very clearly laid out why I don't think this Pistons team is going anywhere. Rather than debate that you revert to this bullshit. Intellectually lazy on your part.

Lol seettttllllleeeee

She doth protest toooo much

Look y’all can’t look at that trade and say it was bad unless you’re just blindly hating on everything. Which whatever.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-24, 21:56

LooseGoose wrote:

Nah, sometimes you just gotta look with your eyes. That was a great trade for us.

I agree we won the trade, that's what happens when you accommodate another team's salary dump. Where I disagree is whether Tobias Harris is going to be the difference in the Pistons being NBA contenders. Those are 2 very different things, rather than see that you immediately drop back to your "You hate SVG crap".

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-10-24, 21:56

What are win shares, the NBA equivalent of that stupid WAR stat that baseball nerds said was the reason Mike Trout should've won MVP over Miggy?

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-24, 21:57

Dude are you just looking for “how are we going to be NBA champs next year?” Cause the thing is that’s prolly not gonna happen. Just a pro tip for you.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-24, 21:58

LooseGoose wrote:

Lol seettttllllleeeee

Look y’all can’t look at that trade and say it was bad unless you’re just blindly hating on everything. Which whatever.

Please provide quote where I said it was a bad trade. As usual you're projecting bullshit you think into being things I said.

I was making the point that Harris was a younger version of Illysova, not a superstar to lead you to a title.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-24, 21:59

Death Roe wrote:What are win shares, the NBA equivalent of that stupid WAR stat that baseball nerds said was the reason Mike Trout should've won MVP over Miggy?

Yes, sorry you're a Luddite.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2017-10-24, 22:01

I wasn't bashing you I was asking

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-24, 22:01

LooseGoose wrote:

Lol seettttllllleeeee

Please provide quote where I said it was a bad trade. As usual you're projecting bullshit you think into being things I said.

I was making the point that Harris was a younger version of Illysova, not a superstar to lead you to a title.

You didn’t say “younger version.” As usual you just posted some ambiguous bullshit for people to make assumptions on then get all pissy about it when you get replies from people you don’t like. Snowflake.

As far as Harris goes. No, maybe not what you define as a “superstar.” Really good fuckin piece though.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-24, 22:03

Next thing you know goose is going to tell us bears shit in the woods. Stay tuned.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-25, 01:03

LooseGoose wrote:

You didn’t say “younger version.” As usual you just posted some ambiguous bullshit for people to make assumptions on then get all pissy about it when you get replies from people you don’t like. Snowflake.

As far as Harris goes. No, maybe not what you define as a “superstar.” Really good fuckin piece though.

Jesus Christ. Here's the quote "Illysova has aged out now, but Harris is a younger version making double the $$.". That seems to say younger version to me. Nothing ambiguous about it at all. I get pissy when you lie about what I did or didn't say. Call me a snowflake but I don't appreciate having you distort my words then use your distortions to criticize what " I said"

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-25, 01:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Next thing you know goose is going to tell us bears shit in the woods. Stay tuned.

It's amazing how much you remind me of UM fans with Harbaugh. SVG is a competent NBA coach there's evidence for that. There's not much evidence he's a competent to good NBA GM . In either role his next title will be his first.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-25, 01:11

LooseGoose wrote:

Jesus Christ. Here's the quote "Illysova has aged out now, but Harris is a younger version making double the $$.". That seems to say younger version to me. Nothing ambiguous about it at all. I get pissy when you lie about what I did or didn't say. Call me a snowflake but I don't appreciate having you distort my words then use your distortions to criticize what " I said"

You’re pretty much the definition of a snowflake about analyzing your words on a message board goose. You get just so mad.

Fair enough. Fine. I think that Harris is superior to Illy (at any age) on most every level. I think that’s fairly undebateable. Now we’re gonna debate that.... and go.....

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-25, 01:12

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Next thing you know goose is going to tell us bears shit in the woods. Stay tuned.

It's amazing how much you remind me of UM fans with Harbaugh. SVG is a competent NBA coach there's evidence for that. There's not much evidence he's a competent to good NBA GM . In either role his next title will be his first.

There’s some unless you say nutso shit like “Ilyasova is comparable to Harris.” Which. Fine. Whatever man.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-25, 01:15

Death Roe wrote:I wasn't bashing you I was asking

Sorry DR i was in a mood from being misquoted repeatedly. Yes, similar to WAR but I don't think as accurate yet.

Still somewhat useful for 1-1 direct comparisons.

The thing is I don't wish the Pistons ill . I'm a fan and have been for decades. But I see a team that is going to struggle to be much more than a .500 team and 1st round fodder. A team at that level shouldn't be against the hard cap if properly managed.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-25, 01:17

LooseGoose wrote:

You’re pretty much the definition of a snowflake about analyzing your words on a message board goose. You get just so mad.

Fair enough. Fine. I think that Harris is superior to Illy (at any age) on most every level. I think that’s fairly undebateable. Now we’re gonna debate that.... and go.....

Lol not a peep when shown that you blatantly lied about what I said. And I'm the snowflake.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-25, 01:18

UM fans regarding harbaugh? Rolling Eyes

Where are you getting that from? By saying they shouldn’t blow up their team right now? That is rich. Nice comparison. Spot on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-25, 01:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:UM fans regarding harbaugh? Rolling Eyes

Where are you getting that from? By saying they shouldn’t blow up their team right now? That is rich. Nice comparison. Spot on.

No. The fact that you seem to feel like SVG is a proven winner. He's won zero titles as a coach or GM.
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-25, 01:27

LooseGoose wrote:

Lol not a peep when shown that you blatantly lied about what I said. And I'm the snowflake.

I thought “fair enough. Fine.” Covered that.

Okay.

I’m soooooooooo sorry goose for not acknowledging your every word enough. I’m sooooo sorry. I promise from now on I will take notes better....

Snowflake.

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-25, 01:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:UM fans regarding harbaugh? Rolling Eyes

No. The fact that you seem to feel like SVG is a proven winner. He's won zero titles as a coach or GM.

As I’ve been saying all day, there is no one out there better. As you have proven same thing by naming no one better. You’ve harped on the fact that the pistons aren’t contenders. Good stuff! Please enlighten us more !!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-25, 10:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:As I’ve been saying all day, there is no one out there better. As you have proven same thing by naming no one better.

LOL - Because I can't name a better potential GM that's "proof" there is no one better? That's incredibly weak sauce. Hell if I did name someone you two would spend all day today telling me how much they suck compared to SVG.

I've said more than once that I'm not an expert on future NBA GMs but there are people that know these things, Gores just needs to talk to a couple of them.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-25, 10:43

So now it’s about the GM? The goalposts move with every post. I’ve already said if this doesn’t work out shortly to look into GMs and putting him just as coach.

Do you read others posts or does your reading comprehension just suck?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-25, 10:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So now it’s about the GM? The goalposts move with every post. I’ve already said if this doesn’t work out shortly to look into GMs and putting him just as coach.

lol, I've said all along he was a competent coach and a terrible GM. Before you accuse me of not reading the posts perhaps you should try that? There is no way that SVG is going to be removed as GM and remain as coach, just won't happen.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-25, 11:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:So now it’s about the GM? The goalposts move with every post. I’ve already said if this doesn’t work out shortly to look into GMs and putting him just as coach.

Tell me more about how I don't read posts?   And how I'm just now bringing up the GM issue?   Good lord you're not very good at reading either if you missed these:

Post #174  
LooseGoose wrote:"You're right that I don't like him but not for the reasons you think.   I think he sucks as a GM.

Post #177
LooseGoose wrote:i think Stan Van Gundy is ok as a coach.  I think he sucks royally as a GM.   I don't think if you polled Pistons fans you would find either of those views to be radical or even out of the mainstream yet you seem to want to assert that I arrived there via politics.

You aren't going to keep SVG the coach and replace him as GM, if you tried to do that it'd be another clusterfuck until it was over.   The Pistons need to sell between now and the deadline and tear the whole thing down.  

Post #227
LooseGoose wrote:SVG is a competent NBA coach there's evidence for that.  There's not much evidence he's a competent to good NBA GM .   In either role his next title will be his first.  

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-25, 11:13

Jesus. This is exhausting. You said fire him. That’s what started this entire conversation. You’re just bringing up firing him as GM and not a coach. “That won’t happen”. So it’s still about firing him.

I’m tired and this is played. You haven’t provided anything of substance outside of a win share rating.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum