Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese surveillance system. Holy fucking shit.

+2
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
6 posters

Go down

Chinese surveillance system. Holy fucking shit. Empty Chinese surveillance system. Holy fucking shit.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-26, 13:58

Any of you guys ever watch Person of Interest? Shit's for real now.

Chinese surveillance system. Holy fucking shit. Poichi10

10 Second Video

Next-level scary if you ask me.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Chinese surveillance system. Holy fucking shit. Empty Re: Chinese surveillance system. Holy fucking shit.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-26, 14:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:Any of you guys ever watch Person of Interest? Shit's for real now.

Chinese surveillance system. Holy fucking shit. Poichi10

10 Second Video

Next-level scary if you ask me.
so does that purport to be the way the Chinese govt tracks its citizens?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Chinese surveillance system. Holy fucking shit. Empty Re: Chinese surveillance system. Holy fucking shit.

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-26, 14:21

I'm not 100% sure it's fully operational yet and how widespread the coverage will be but it sure looks like it will be coming soon.

I mean, this is downright scary and weird.

Every Chinese Citizen to be Given Repuation Score

The Chinese government has announced a new universal reputation score, tied to every person in the country's nation ID number and based on such factors as political compliance, hobbies, shopping, and whether you play videogames.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-26, 14:30

Nobody is going to be painting outside the lines too long
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-26, 14:31

GRR Spartan wrote:Nobody is going to be painting outside the lines too long

Chinese surveillance system. Holy fucking shit. 502811600 good one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-26, 14:36

If you have a cell phone, you're being tracked.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-09-26, 14:53

NigelUno wrote:If you have a cell phone, you're being tracked.

or a credit card or a mortgage or have your name on a utility bill.

The difference is the government isn't keeping score yet.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-26, 14:53

Yeah, but the visualization of it ups the creep factor just a bit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-09-26, 16:32

GRR Spartan wrote:

or a credit card or a mortgage or have your name on a utility bill.

The difference is the government isn't keeping score yet.

Oh. I meant you're literally being tracked with a cell phone. There are billboards by us which have some kind of wifi/cell phone contraptions that can read your cell phone and sites you visit and they put up digital ads based on it. That's what I heard anyway. I'm sure the government could tap into that if they wanted to and/or track terrorists with the technology.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-26, 17:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:I'm not 100% sure it's fully operational yet and how widespread the coverage will be but it sure looks like it will be coming soon.

The Chinese government has announced a new universal reputation score, tied to every person in the country's nation ID number and based on such factors as political compliance, hobbies, shopping, and whether you play videogames.

Does your message board reputation contribute to your reputation score?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-26, 17:50

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I'm not 100% sure it's fully operational yet and how widespread the coverage will be but it sure looks like it will be coming soon.

I'm fucked if I ever move to China.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-26, 18:13

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I'm fucked if I ever move to China.

Floyd was heard screaming "I was a five star poster on 247" as he was hauled off to prison
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-26, 19:22

Seems you stand a better chance in a fight in a Chinese prison than like a state prison in America. I mean most of us would still die but....
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-27, 10:05

More info than that tweet thread I linked yesterday.

China installs 'the world's most advanced video surveillance system' with over 20 million AI-equipped street cameras

China has installed over 20 million cutting-edge security cameras in what is believed to be the world's most advanced surveillance system.

The camera system, facilitated with artificial intelligence technology, is part of the 'Sky Net' operation, which is China's anti-corruption programme mainly aimed to track down fugitives.

Such technology can identify a pedestrian or a motorist, which can help policemen in their search for criminals.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down