Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oprah in 2020

+7
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oprah in 2020 - Page 2 Empty Re: Oprah in 2020

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-08, 15:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Trump changed the game, experience and qualifications have been thrown out the window. I will keep repeating it this is the world we live in now. Also, whoever runs in 2020 is going to come under investigation now. You guys realize that right? From Sanders, Yates, Harris, Biden, Gillibrand to Warren Trump will launch an investigation on any of them. I dare him to launch one on Oprah. That strategy will back fire.

An Oprah/Yates ticket would devour Trumpism in a landslide.
Just because one person did this (won with no governmental experience) doesn't mean that it's the new norm. And it most certainly doesn't mean that it should be the new norm.

Trump also doesn't mean that anyone without government experience is going to be a disaster. Trump is the disaster, because he's a piece of shit human being with an arrogance that someone without experience should never have. Honestly, I think his lack of government experience has little to do with why he sucks.

That doesn't mean that Oprah would be good, though. I honestly don't know if she would or not. If it was all about giving a good speech, Kirk Cousins should be President (that one is for you, Bob).

If Trump could lay off twitter, give a few boilerplate speeches trying to unify the country and maintain a certain level of decency he'd probably be a shoe in for re-election in 2020. With the economy and the job numbers as good as they are it says a lot about why he's so unpopular.

He's a seriously flawed individual and his disapproval is almost entirely self inflicted. I agree with a lot of your points in your post.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-08, 16:36

Are the job numbers good, steve?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-09, 09:38

Breitbart Don't give a fuck. Oprah is now the worst.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-01-09, 09:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Breitbart Don't give a fuck. Oprah is now the worst.

Yeah, saw the usual Fox News zombies on Twitter running with the Harvey Weinstein angle. Going to take a lot more than that to stop Oprah.

We are also getting a small glimpse of what the media cycle will be like if she does run. I think it would be nightmarish, non-stop 24-7 election coverage and would make the 2016 election look pedestrian in comparison. The press and all the day time garbage talk shows are just salivating at the prospect. I hope she does not run.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-08, 12:43

Bump.

I know she isn't running but having seen the dem field and the way the press is covering personality over policy I think she'd beat Trump.

Personality > Experience
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-08, 13:02

steveschneider wrote:Bump.

I know she isn't running but having seen the dem field and the way the press is covering personality over policy I think she'd beat Trump.

Personality > Experience
the media isn't going to give anyone a fair shake as it relates to running against the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator.

people have to vote.. the smart people. And America is a stupid country - so don't count on it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-05-08, 14:55

I remember when Obammy wasn't qualified because his resume consisted of freshman senator and community organizer. But somehow a failed businessman is qualified.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-08, 14:57

kingstonlake wrote:I remember when Obammy wasn't qualified because his resume consisted of freshman senator and community organizer. But somehow a failed businessman is qualified.
racism is a helluva a drug.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-09, 10:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Bump.

Personality > Experience
the media isn't going to give anyone a fair shake as it relates to running against the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator.

people have to vote.. the smart people. And America is a stupid country - so don't count on it.

Saw a NYT OPED this morning that I've yet to read but the idea was about how Mayor Pete gets more magazine covers and coverage than Kamala Harris. Kamala came on strong with her announcement she was running and she out fund raised him but her coverage is much smaller. I think it's because mayor Pete is an exciting story. Small town mayor that wants to go to Washington and fix our nations problems. It plays out like a Frank Capra story.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/08/opinion/kamala-harris-2020.html

Kamala is just an ambitious smart hard working career politician and sorry but that's just too boring to make the cover story.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-09, 10:37

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the media isn't going to give anyone a fair shake as it relates to running against the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator.

Saw a NYT OPED this morning that I've yet to read but the idea was about how Mayor Pete gets more magazine covers and coverage than Kamala Harris. Kamala came on strong with her announcement she was running and she out fund raised him but her coverage is much smaller. I think it's because mayor Pete is an exciting story. Small town mayor that wants to go to Washington and fix our nations problems. It plays out like a Frank Capra story.

Kamala is just an ambitious smart hard working career politician and sorry but that's just too boring to make the cover story.
yep - as we know, America is a stupid country... and it's underscored by what the mainstream media feeds the idiots. Of course, we should demand more.. but that would require that people be engaged in their community, their country and the world.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-09, 10:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

yep - as we know, America is a stupid country... and it's underscored by what the mainstream media feeds the idiots. Of course, we should demand more.. but that would require that people be engaged in their community, their country and the world.

This paragraph from the op-ed supports my argument -

"She also needs to find better ways to draw on her life story and let voters in. One of the keys to Buttigieg’s surprising emergence as a top-tier candidate is how lavishly he doles out so much of himself: his military service, his marriage to another man, his linguistic dexterity, his Christianity, his Midwestern roots and more. It allows voters many different points of connection and establishes him as more multi-dimensionally human than politicians usually seem to be."

Some one from the MSM offering her some advice to bring more personality to the campaign.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-09, 10:55

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: yep - as we know, America is a stupid country... and it's underscored by what the mainstream media feeds the idiots. Of course, we should demand more.. but that would require that people be engaged in their community, their country and the world.

"She also needs to find better ways to draw on her life story and let voters in. One of the keys to Buttigieg’s surprising emergence as a top-tier candidate is how lavishly he doles out so much of himself: his military service, his marriage to another man, his linguistic dexterity, his Christianity, his Midwestern roots and more. It allows voters many different points of connection and establishes him as more multi-dimensionally human than politicians usually seem to be."

Some one from the MSM offering her some advice to bring more personality to the campaign.
I think that's their way of saying he's a white male so, by virtue of that, has the preferred background and temperament.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-05-09, 11:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I think that's their way of saying he's a white male so, by virtue of that, has the preferred background and temperament.

I definitely think gender and racial bias is playing a part but I don’t think those two things would hinder Oprah. . The mayor pete story definitely has a made for Hollywood angle to it that the media is feeding on.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2