MLB playoffs

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by steveschneider on 2017-10-13, 07:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:They need to start these games sooner. Fuck.

Couldn’t make it. Fell asleep on the couch and went to bed when the Nats were down by 2. Seeing replay was used as a microscope to determine if a foot slid off a bag by an inch to call the player out. The right call but some are questioning replays impact on the spirit of the game. Also, umps missed the bat hitting the catchers mask on the passed ball for the Cubs which meant that run shouldn’t have counted which at the very least would give the Nats another chance to get out of the inning.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15084
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by TheReal_LWS on 2017-10-13, 07:35

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:They need to start these games sooner. Fuck.

Couldn’t make it. Fell asleep on the couch and went to bed when the Nats were down by 2. Seeing replay was used as a microscope to determine if a foot slid off a bag by an inch to call the player out. The right call but some are questioning replays impact on the spirit of the game. Also, umps missed the bat hitting the catchers mask on the passed ball for the Cubs which meant that run shouldn’t have counted which at the very least would give the Nats another chance to get out of the inning.

Why wasn't the bat hitting the mask reviewable?
avatar
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2016-06-12
Location : The turd was flushed on 1/20/2017.

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by steveschneider on 2017-10-13, 07:47

TheReal_LWS wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Couldn’t make it. Fell asleep on the couch and went to bed when the Nats were down by 2. Seeing replay was used as a microscope to determine if a foot slid off a bag by an inch to call the player out. The right call but some are questioning replays impact on the spirit of the game. Also, umps missed the bat hitting the catchers mask on the passed ball for the Cubs which meant that run shouldn’t have counted which at the very least would give the Nats another chance to get out of the inning.

Why wasn't the bat hitting the mask reviewable?

It’s a non reviewable play. Just read up on it further that play happened on strike three and a passed ball when the bat hit the catchers masks. it should have been the end of the inning with Cubs up 5-4 instead it was 7-4 Cubs. Tough break for the Nationals.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15084
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by Death Roe on 2017-10-13, 07:49

God I hope the Dodgers win.
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11015
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by TheReal_LWS on 2017-10-13, 08:06

steveschneider wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Why wasn't the bat hitting the mask reviewable?

It’s a non reviewable play. Just read up on it further that play happened on strike three and a passed ball when the bat hit the catchers masks. it should have been the end of the inning with Cubs up 5-4 instead it was 7-4 Cubs. Tough break for the Nationals.

A) That is a bad missed call.
B) That should be reviewable, especially in that situation where it is cut and dry.
avatar
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2016-06-12
Location : The turd was flushed on 1/20/2017.

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by steveschneider on 2017-10-13, 08:22

TheReal_LWS wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It’s a non reviewable play. Just read up on it further that play happened on strike three and a passed ball when the bat hit the catchers masks. it should have been the end of the inning with Cubs up 5-4 instead it was 7-4 Cubs. Tough break for the Nationals.

A) That is a bad missed call.
B) That should be reviewable, especially in that situation where it is cut and dry.

Agreed. If you are going to have review it makes no sense why you’d only review a certain set of plays but refuse to review other elements of the game that have as much if not more of an impact on a game.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15084
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-13, 08:56

Video review has made sports worse.
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25558
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by steveschneider on 2017-10-13, 09:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Video review has made sports worse.

I’m leaning towards just doing away with it. Take Jackie Robinson’s play stealing home plate. Ump rules him safe and Yogi blows up at the ref. Classic moment in baseball.

Now the drama of that situation would lack the emotion that Yogi displayed. You’d just have the play reviewed and the game would move on.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15084
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by TheReal_LWS on 2017-10-13, 10:57

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Video review has made sports worse.

I’m leaning towards just doing away with it. Take Jackie Robinson’s play stealing home plate. Ump rules him safe and Yogi blows up at the ref. Classic moment in baseball.

Now the drama of that situation would lack the emotion that Yogi displayed. You’d just have the play reviewed and the game would move on.

Eh getting it right is important. The replays nowadays are HD and most of these calls can be reviewed in a minute or two. I am for it with continued tweaks to make it better.
avatar
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Posts : 3614
Join date : 2016-06-12
Location : The turd was flushed on 1/20/2017.

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by By-Tor on 2017-10-13, 11:11

I used to love October baseball. It's really hard to watch now. The shitty pitching and minuscule strike zone doesn't help.
avatar
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1179
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by steveschneider on 2017-10-13, 22:41

I love this Houston team. I hope they hold on and go up 1-0
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15084
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by steveschneider on 2017-10-13, 23:28

Wow that was a missile
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15084
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by steveschneider on 2017-10-13, 23:31

2-1 win Houston. What a dramatic 9th that was
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15084
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-20, 11:38

avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41446
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by Tim Wakefield on 2017-10-20, 11:50

eat shit Cubs "fans"
avatar
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4777
Join date : 2014-04-23
Age : 24
Location : EL

Back to top Go down

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum