Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+33
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
Clarett's Folly
SpartanJD01
Rocinante
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Herbie Green
CampbellHall
TheReal_LWS
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
SawGreen
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
MattyFresh
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Nordic
DWags
Floyd Robertson
37 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 13 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Guest 2017-10-30, 11:30

T&P_Fan
21,407 posts
Posted yesterday at 11:16 AM

It seems like Peters is the better QB at this point....whether that was the case 5 weeks ago is another matter entirely.....I don't think that anybody is qualified at this point to make that call.

I'm guessing that at no point since peters arrived on campus that okorn was better than him. Okorn simply doesn't have the arm to head to be a college quarterback.

Im not convinced that Michigan isn't undefeated if peters started Day 1. Because frankly, speight isn't anything but a 3rd stringer either. Harbaugh just wanted to go with the veteran. It wasn't a smart decision.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 13 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-30, 11:37

LooseGoose wrote:T&P_Fan
21,407 posts

It seems like Peters is the better QB at this point....whether that was the case 5 weeks ago is another matter entirely.....I don't think that anybody is qualified at this point to make that call.

I'm guessing that at no point since peters arrived on campus that okorn was better than him. Okorn simply doesn't have the arm to head to be a college quarterback.

Im not convinced that Michigan isn't undefeated if peters started Day 1. Because frankly, speight isn't anything but a 3rd stringer either. Harbaugh just wanted to go with the veteran. It wasn't a smart decision.

This was as predictable as the sun rising today.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-10-30, 11:44

21,407 posts

I'm guessing that at no point since peters arrived on campus that okorn was better than him.  Okorn simply doesn't have the arm to head to be a college quarterback.  

Im not convinced that Michigan isn't undefeated if peters started Day 1.  Because frankly, speight isn't anything but a 3rd stringer either.  Harbaugh just wanted to go with the veteran.  It wasn't a smart decision.

I think Jeem gets a boner when a supposed no name QB wins football games. I think it Feeds his ego and keep the notion alive that he's the breed house in the barn when it comes to QB development. Let's face it. The only one that's really left a Mark was a five star named Luck and the jury is still out on him.  What else ya got Jim? A third string/practice squad guy in Detroit and some guy you picked who's out of football over a guy leading a Superbowl contender?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-30, 11:46

21,407 posts

I am actually jealous of their ability to put reality out of their head and fantasy into it. They can look at the Penn state game and honestly lie to themselves about possibly winning that game. And Michigan State would have scared him so bad he might have soiled himself during the game
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-30, 12:57

21,407 posts

They are always undefeated, even after being defeated.

All time record 940 wins and 372 games they should have won but they just didn't play Michigan football.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-11-02, 13:52

They STILL somehow have that built in credibility, it is beyond comprehension. Caught a couple of minutes of Karsch and Gator in the car. Apparently the question was, with MSU hoops on the cover of SI, what local team do you think next stands the best chance to make the cover for winning a Championship.

Karsch's predictable answer must have been Michigan football once Harbs gets "his guys", because I heard a caller go on for 5 minutes about how he agrees with Doug and the Lions this and the Lions that but it's probably Michigan because of the way recruiting is going and how young they are. Gator chimes in with "What about Michigan State? They're just as young and they beat them this year at home". To which the caller responds about how he respects what Dantonio has done, they had their chance a couple of years ago but it's going to be really tough to compete with OSU and PSU, and MSU is right there with Wisconsin for the 4th best program in the B1G.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 13 502811600

Speaking of sheep....
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-02, 13:55

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They STILL somehow have that built in credibility, it is beyond comprehension. Caught a couple of minutes of Karsch and Gator in the car. Apparently the question was, with MSU hoops on the cover of SI, what local team do you think next stands the best chance to make the cover for winning a Championship.

Karsch's predictable answer must have been Michigan football once Harbs gets "his guys", because I heard a caller go on for 5 minutes about how he agrees with Doug and the Lions this and the Lions that but it's probably Michigan because of the way recruiting is going and how young they are. Gator chimes in with "What about Michigan State? They're just as young and they beat them this year at home". To which the caller responds about how he respects what Dantonio has done, they had their chance a couple of years ago but it's going to be really tough to compete with OSU and PSU, and MSU is right there with Wisconsin for the 4th best program in the B1G.

Speaking of sheep....

It’s an endless feedback loop with these people.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-11-02, 14:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They STILL somehow have that built in credibility, it is beyond comprehension. Caught a couple of minutes of Karsch and Gator in the car. Apparently the question was, with MSU hoops on the cover of SI, what local team do you think next stands the best chance to make the cover for winning a Championship.

Speaking of sheep....

lol!

Hairball is already growing bored. The lack of success against his rivals has him realizing that scum is not the dream job and cakewalk he thought it was. If he doesn't take a pro job this offseason it is almost a lock he will the next. So they have one more year to win a NC. And they are delusional if they think they are 1 year away!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-11-02, 17:03

Speaking of sheep....
So after having it pointed out that MSU beat UM and is younger than UM, the numbnuts says that it's going to be "really tough" for MSU to compete with OSU and PSU.

scratch But a worse team than MSU can?

These guys only have their canned responses about MSU ("not our rival", "MSU had their chance", "tough to compete with the 'big boys' "), that they automatically spit one or two of them out whenever asked about MSU, not even considering how doing so kills their own argument about UM.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-02, 17:09

I hate all the ‘big boy’ teams in college football. Really hope more teams like Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana etc can swivel up and compete at a higher level. The sport needs more parity and less traditional powers/dynasties.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-11-02, 17:14

Well there are really only two big boys. But yeah I wouldn't mind if some of the other traditional powers that think they're big boys but are really just mediocre flounder for the next century.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-02, 17:35

steveschneider wrote:I hate all the ‘big boy’ teams in college football. Really hope more teams like Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana etc can swivel up and compete at a higher level. The sport needs more parity and less traditional powers/dynasties.

$ wins, bro. It’s just like the MLB. Arms race. College athletics is pretty much pro now. Basketball evens out a bit because it’s less physical.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-02, 18:22

I was stunned over the stat on 97.1 that scum last had consecutive seasons of 2 or fewer losses in 85-86. It's been since 73' I believe since they've had three consecutive seasons with 2 or fewer losses. They're basically a 3-4 loss team annually. Lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-11-02, 19:05

steveschneider wrote:I hate all the ‘big boy’ teams in college football. Really hope more teams like Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana etc can swivel up and compete at a higher level. The sport needs more parity and less traditional powers/dynasties.

A-fucking-men.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-03, 07:30

So I think it’s the fourth anniversary of negative 48. Only time ever I was worried about the opposing quarterback

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-04, 19:52

He'll be run out of town by morning

wolverine1987
wolverine1987's picture
MGoPoints: 10690
Debate proposition: Dantonio is the best coach in the B!G.
I'm sure many negs are due this OP, but I just watched the MSU game and when I think of this:

-3-9

-lost best their WR and several contributors due to scandal

-are along with M, the youngest team in the nation

-have objectively, factually, worse talent than any of the league elite, including us

-are playing walk ons at key positions

-had a terrible recruiting year yet are playing freshmen

-beat us at home and just beat PSU, another team with far superior talent to them...

I can't come to any other conclusion than the title of this post. I am all Harbaugh, and I think our future still is brighter than most in the league. I wouldn't want any other coach for Michigan. But damn IMO this is hard to refute. But I'm wide open to counter arguments. Have any?

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/debate-proposition-dantonio-best-coach-bg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-04, 19:56

No he's not. He's built a foundation and has capitalized off others mistakes.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-04, 19:58

Can't forget he just lost to northwestern. His team is out of control off the field. Doesn't turn on field success into recruiting success.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 13 502811600 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 13 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-04, 20:00

Turtleneck wrote:
Can't forget he just lost to northwestern. His team is out of control off the field. Doesn't turn on field success into recruiting success.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 13 502811600 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 13 502811600
If you can't win at recruiting you minus well scrap the program Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 13 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-11-04, 20:04

What is it with those idiots and recruiting stars? Bunch of morons.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-05, 11:10

Win 33-10. Out gain your opponent 404-121, rush for 371 yds......

and................start thread on officiating and harbaugh bias by big ten officiating.

At least start a thread on whether 33 yds passing will affect Peters Heisman run, I expect that shit, lol.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/penalty-yards-michigan-85-minnesota-10
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-11-05, 13:14

Things Mgoblog obsesses over:

1. Penalties (both called and uncalled)
2. Crooting (especially how they get 4* and 5* kids)
3. Who their real rivals are (hint MSU is at best third on their list)
4. The magic that is Jim Harbaugh
5. How and when and for how much did Mark Dantonio sell his soul to The Devil
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-11-05, 13:33

kingstonlake wrote:Win 33-10. Out gain your opponent 404-121, rush for 371 yds......

and................start thread on officiating and harbaugh bias by big ten officiating.

At least start a thread on whether 33 yds passing will affect Peters Heisman run, I expect that shit, lol.

They only had 33 passing yards?
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-05, 13:41

Tim Wakefield wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Win 33-10. Out gain your opponent 404-121, rush for 371 yds......

Peters had 56, 33 net with sacks I believe. Solid enough to be a Heisman finalist like Peppers....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-05, 13:45

Tim Wakefield wrote:

The box score says 56 yards on 13 attempts. Minnesota had 75 yards on 13 attempts. Maybe bad weather? I do not care enough to find out. I just know those were the best 56 yards anybody has ever thrown for, and it will absolutely impress the Heisman committee.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-05, 13:46

#Peters>Mayfield is trending on Twitter.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-11-05, 13:53

Turtleneck wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:

The box score says 56 yards on 13 attempts. Minnesota had 75 yards on 13 attempts. Maybe bad weather? I do not care enough to find out. I just know those were the best 56 yards anybody has ever thrown for, and it will absolutely impress the Heisman committee.
Wow, he's closing in on 200 career passing now. I hope they stop the game whenever he reaches that milestone so that he can properly honored.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-05, 13:53

Stewart Mandel‏Verified account @slmandel 31m31 minutes ago
More
New coaches poll: Iowa St, with wins vs. Oklahoma & Oklahoma St., falls behind Michigan, with best win over Purdue. http://www.amway.com/about-amway/coaches-poll?cid=ban🇺🇸en:usatoday:na:amway_cpoll_ownership_aug2017 …
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-05, 13:57

LooseGoose wrote:Stewart Mandel‏Verified account @slmandel 31m31 minutes ago
More
New coaches poll: Iowa St, with wins vs. Oklahoma & Oklahoma St., falls behind Michigan, with best win over Purdue. http://www.amway.com/about-amway/coaches-poll?cid=ban🇺🇸en:usatoday:na:amway_cpoll_ownership_aug2017 …

Msu behind Penn State too. #Polls
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-06, 07:52

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 13 DN7EtxGXkAEiaE8
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-13, 10:56

Has it occurred to anyone else that u of m's biggest win of 2017 is now 5-5 Minnesota?

3-6 teams = 1
3-7 teams = 1
4-6 teams = 5
5-5 teams = 1

They finally have a win over a non-losing team.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-11-13, 11:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:Has it occurred to anyone else that u of m's biggest win of 2017 is now 5-5 Minnesota?

3-6 teams = 1
3-7 teams = 1
4-6 teams = 5
5-5 teams = 1

They finally have a win over a non-losing team.

They are very proud and have turned the corner. They have ran the ball extremely well against Minnesota Rutgers and Maryland. They have definitely turned the corner.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-15, 18:11

"Ascending" all the way to 3rd or 4th place in the East.

But ol' Angel just writes what Harbo says.

Harbaugh: ‘Ascending’ UM embraces opportunity

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-15, 18:29

LooseGoose wrote:"Ascending" all the way to 3rd or 4th place in the East.

But ol' Angel just writes what Harbo says.

Harbaugh: ‘Ascending’ UM embraces opportunity

Jesus. However, I think they beat Wisconsin. They’ve mostly been cryptonite to them haven’t they? It’s a good match up. I themink wisky’s q.v. is like 17 td’s 12 int’s. Michigan can load the box. I can only imagine what that week will be like.

By the way, smilovitz on channel 4 was making fun of Izzo for saying “at least we have the courage to play Duke” in his presser last night. Cuts back to Bernie and he says , “ come on Tom, you’re number two in the country, courage?”

Whatever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-18, 20:41

B1G Winning
MGoPoints: 536

I wonder if they'll take into consideration the fact that Michigan hasn't beaten a team with a winning record since October 1st of last year.

If so, I say the spread opens up at around 17
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-19, 01:31

This editorial wants the big ten to take action against Wisconsin for the Peters hit and says-GET THIS- Dantonio has no control of his players. Yep, still bitching about 2011
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-19, 02:10

Lol wtf dwags
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2017-11-19, 09:23

DWags wrote:This editorial wants the big ten to take action against Wisconsin for the Peters hit and says-GET THIS- Dantonio has no control of his players. Yep, still bitching about 2011

Still trying to find the guy's opinion pieces on Bush and his helmet to helmet hits. They have to exist somewhere, right?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-19, 10:13

Some of you may know that I have some siblings that went to school there. I used to think them rational um fans (who complain about the refs a ton) but I woke up this morning to see them complaining about the “dirty hit” that hurt peters. I can’t watch that video and understand what the hell they are complaining about. It’s mind boggling.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-19, 10:32

Kyle Rowland‏Verified account @KyleRowland 16h16 hours ago
More
It's been 414 days since Michigan beat a team with a winning record.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next