Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field

+10
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
Frank Ricard
Floyd Robertson
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
Herbie Green
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
14 posters

Go down

EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  Empty Re: EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:27

I have had good luck with seating at NW games. I think I sat opposite side of the press box each time. It's a small stadium (I think it seats less than 50k) so you should be able to get a decent idea by looking at the seating chart.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  Empty Re: EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field

Post by tGreenWay Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:29

Turtleneck wrote:I have always had good luck with seating at NW games. I have always been opposite side of the press box. It's a small stadium (I think it seats less than 50k).

Thank you, Captain Chicagoland.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:31

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I have always had good luck with seating at NW games. I have always been opposite side of the press box. It's a small stadium (I think it seats less than 50k).

Right? This fucking prick sounding off like a fuckin douchebag.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:32

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Right? This fucking prick sounding off like a fuckin douchebag.

Douche thinks he knows more than GRR.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:32

tGreenWay wrote:

I have also been to several games at NIU if you would like to know about seating at Huskie Stadium in DeKalb. Let me know, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:34

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I have also been to several games at NIU if you would like to know about seating at Huskie Stadium in DeKalb. Let me know, bro.

Please tell me more, Cliff Klaven Turtleneck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:40

I actually had the worst seats I have ever had for a game in that stadium - on the "sideline" but like 20 yards beyond the endzone at ground level.  The only thing I could see was the backs of other fans walking to their seats or just standing there socializing while people around me screamed "down in front".
I think that was either Gardner in 97 or Bobby's 10 men on the field hail mary/field goal in 7 seconds
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:51

I've been to a game at Indiana. Anyone want to know about Memorial Stadium?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 16:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've been to a game at Indiana. Anyone want to know about Memorial Stadium?

Pylon is a CRIMSON and turtleneck is a PURPLE? It all makes so much sense.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 17:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've been to a game at Indiana. Anyone want to know about Memorial Stadium?

Only thing I knew about IU football was Hoosier undergrad women were effing hot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 17:39

tGreenWay wrote:

Douche thinks he knows more than GRR.

EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  502811600 tGreenway is on fire....EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  Tenor
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 19:28

gHost Spartan wrote:
Hmm... that's the name of Illinois' stadium EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  294152859

EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  1966794946

It's both...and also the name of Nebraska's stadium.

I had never thought to ask this before, but how many CFB teams play in a memorial stadium? Maybe that smartass GreenWay has the answer.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 19:29

Add UC Berkeley to the list.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 19:29

Clemson
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 19:30

Kansas
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 19:34

EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  Maxresdefault

Makes you wonder if it's his real name.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 19:43

17 memorial stadiums

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ranking-all-of-college-footballs-memorial-stadiums-on-memorial-day/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 20:45

Simmer down little boy blue.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 10 Oct 2017 - 20:46

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Simmer down little boy blue.

He is going into defense mode because he has been identified as a blue boy and will most likely be deported beyond the Blue Wall.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 4:49

gHost Spartan wrote:Found some good seats $50 apiece - do we think prices will increase or decrease in coming weeks or should I just be happy with having them now and pull the trigger?

Jesus christ, it's $50.  Even if you wait and get some for $25, in 2 minutes you'll completely forget that you saved $50.  The price of the ticket is the smallest expense compared to travel, food and hotel costs.

Then again, if it were me, I'd wait.  Not much buzz around NW's season right now.  Then again, if you wait you might end up competing with other Spartans and they might actually drive the demand up.

Then again, what the fuck do I know?
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 7:40

gHost Spartan wrote:Found some good seats $50 apiece - do we think prices will increase or decrease in coming weeks or should I just be happy with having them now and pull the trigger?

I think you should ask this question one more time.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 7:44

I’m cheap so I’d probably wait but like Ricard said it’s a crapshoot. If they are that good of seats - fuck it
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 8:12

Turtleneck wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:
Hmm... that's the name of Illinois' stadium EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  294152859

EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  1966794946

It's both...and also the name of Nebraska's stadium.

I had never thought to ask this before, but how many CFB teams play in a memorial stadium? Maybe that smartass GreenWay has the answer.

Not only that, both school's basketball arenas are called Assembly Hall. Real original guys.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 8:13

gHost Spartan wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:

Jesus christ, it's $50.  Even if you wait and get some for $25, in 2 minutes you'll completely forget that you saved $50.  The price of the ticket is the smallest expense compared to travel, food and hotel costs.

Then again, if it were me, I'd wait.  Not much buzz around NW's season right now.  Then again, if you wait you might end up competing with other Spartans and they might actually drive the demand up.

Last night I was looking at tickets and I said "WTF is my problem, I have good seats for $50, how much could I possibly save?" and bought them. Such an idiot.

I was going to say this yesterday, but I had faith that you'd get there on your own. Good work!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 8:32

What shoes will you be wearing?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 9:36

I’ll be there ghost. Want to join our party bus?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 9:48

gHost Spartan wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:

Last night I was looking at tickets and I said "WTF is my problem, I have good seats for $50, how much could I possibly save?" and bought them. Such an idiot.

It's the cost of years of hanging out with Tanner.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 10:36

It will always be Dyche Stadium to me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 11:33

I really need a shoe report Ghost.  What fucking shoes will you be wearing?  A warm weather bowl bid could be in the balance here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 12:04

Ghost sure does travel a lot. He either has a great job with an understanding boss or he is independently wealthy.

Or he is just making it up.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 12:11

The stadium is so small, I don't see how there would be a bad seat . It looks like a high school stadium. At least that's how I remember it when I went to the "biggest comeback in college football history." One of the few games we won with JLS
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 14:48

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote: Ghost sure does travel a lot. He either has a great job with an understanding boss or he is independently wealthy.

You want me to PM you my itinerary and ticket purchase?

EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  502811600

Some people like to travel, duff. I think I paid like $120 for a round trip flight to Chicago. Get out of your bubble sometime.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 15:00

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  502811600

Some people like to travel, duff. I think I paid like $120 for a round trip flight to Chicago. Get out of your bubble sometime.

You got ripped off.  Hope that was first class.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 15:39

gHost Spartan wrote:

gHost Spartan wrote:

Headed to Nashville this weekend. And I will be at the Northwestern game.  Is this good enough for you for now? I don't share my every move, real or imagined, with message board people.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 15:43

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote: Ghost sure does travel a lot. He either has a great job with an understanding boss or he is independently wealthy.

No
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 15:48

duffy munn wrote:

Headed to Nashville this weekend. And I will be at the Northwestern game.  Is this good enough for you for now? I don't share my every move, real or imagined, with message board people.

Yeah, I don’t believe you.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 15:54

this thread = EDIT: Got my tickets going to Spartans @ Northwestern - can't wait to see a game at Ryan Field  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 17:57

You can get tickets direct from Northwestern:

http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS:IBM:F17:F5:&linkID=nwu&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FB&cgc=
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 11 Oct 2017 - 20:40

gHost Spartan wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

No you aren't

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down