Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Loose Goose Thread

+7
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
NigelUno
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ask Loose Goose Thread Empty Ask Loose Goose Thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-21, 09:04

This is a troll free place to ask Goose questions that is free from personal attacks. Ask away!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ask Loose Goose Thread Empty Re: Ask Loose Goose Thread

Post by DWags 2017-10-21, 09:05

How many bowls smokin today?

Enjoy this beautiful day my friend.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-21, 09:12

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This is a troll free place to ask Goose questions that is free from personal attacks. Ask away!

Are you saying Goose can't make personal attacks in this thread?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-21, 10:19

NigelUno wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This is a troll free place to ask Goose questions that is free from personal attacks. Ask away!

Are you saying Goose can't make personal attacks in this thread?

This is an Ask Goose thread. You want the Ask Pylon thread.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-21, 10:34

If Trump was a pie, what kind would he be?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-24, 23:49

Ok Goose. I asked for this thread, I saw you post elsewhere to ask you questions and you would be happy to answer them. I am not looking to argue, I just want to understand the perspective.

It is clear based on your posting history here that you were not a fan of Trump before he won the nomination. It also is apparent that you (when you choose to post here) post in defense of him.

Do you support Trump and if so, what changed?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-26, 23:55

Loose I asked, you ignored. Therefore I am taking a knee every time I read one of your posts on tBin going forward.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-11-10, 22:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ok Goose. I asked for this thread, I saw you post elsewhere to ask you questions and you would be happy to answer them. I am not looking to argue, I just want to understand the perspective.

It is clear based on your posting history here that you were not a fan of Trump before he won the nomination. It also is apparent that you (when you choose to post here) post in defense of him.

Bump because I'd like to know as well.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-10, 22:39

It’s not really our business, and I don’t know why we should care.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-11, 08:37

DWags wrote:How many bowls smokin today?

Enjoy this beautiful day my friend.

I average 1-2 a day, depends on whether I have anything important to do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-11, 08:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Ok Goose. I asked for this thread, I saw you post elsewhere to ask you questions and you would be happy to answer them. I am not looking to argue, I just want to understand the perspective.

Sorry man, I just opened this thread. I made the assumption that it was the std shit.

If you read my posts here carefully they're not so much defenses of Trump as they are pointing out the BS that our "unbiased" press propagates. With the ratio in here it may seem like Trump support since it's not 100% attack Trump, 100% of the time. Not joining in with the KoolKidz doesn't mean that I support Trump.

The problem in here with the kneejerk partisans is that there is no nuance and they don't want to allow that. I get criticized for not posting here but honestly it's damned tiresome to post and then have 16 pile ons. I have other political forums that I can go to that are more balanced and more respectful....and yes I'm more respectful there too. Why? Because that's the culture that's developed there over the years and the Mods will chastise those from both sides if they cross lines but it rarely happens.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-11, 08:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Loose I asked, you ignored. Therefore I am taking a knee every time I read one of your posts on tBin going forward.

Enjoy. Perhaps you can discern the meaning of that. Or you can join the chorus telling everyone all is well....as the ratings tank for the NFL. ESPN. And the others pushing social issues into sports. I'll be laughing from the grave as the dumb asses kill their golden goose.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-11, 09:33

LooseGoose wrote:If you read my posts here carefully they're not so much defenses of Trump as they are pointing out the BS that our "unbiased" press propagates.   With the ratio in here it may seem like Trump support since it's not 100% attack Trump, 100% of the time.  Not joining in with the KoolKidz doesn't mean that I support Trump.

You can tell yourself that all you want, but it does not explain your 180. You were the leading voice against Trump on the board through the GOP convention. There is page-after-page of you arguing with SD23236 about Trump; page-after-page of you calling Trump corrupt, a liar, claiming he was unfit for the office, and even implying he was a racist. Then, following the GOP convention, you started attacking posters expressing the same views you had previously expressed about Trump. That certainly reads as a defense of Trump.

LooseGoose wrote:The problem in here with the kneejerk partisans is that there is no nuance and they don't want to allow that.   I get criticized for not posting here but honestly it's damned tiresome to post and then have 16 pile ons.

Fair enough, but don't exempt yourself from from the crowd of partisans. Can you seriously say you have represented yourself in way that is somehow non-partisan? You're just as partisan as anybody else who posts here, or at least you are on this board.

LooseGoose wrote: I have other political forums that I can go to that are more balanced and more respectful....and yes I'm more respectful there too.   Why?   Because that's the culture that's developed there over the years and the Mods will chastise those from both sides if they cross lines but it rarely happens.

This is like the chicken or the egg. I don't know who was disrespectful first. I don't care. It's not healthy, but I knowingly do it anyway. So do you. Maybe it is more pronounced for you because you find yourself isolated, but you cannot - and you are not doing that from what I can see - pretend like you have not engaged in disrespecting others.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-11, 09:39

Goose how do you like the debt going up by 1.5 trillion ?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-11, 09:46

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Loose I asked, you ignored. Therefore I am taking a knee every time I read one of your posts on tBin going forward.

Enjoy.   Perhaps you can discern the meaning of that.  Or you can join the chorus telling everyone all is well....as the ratings tank for the NFL.  ESPN.  And the others pushing social issues into sports.  I'll be laughing from the grave as the dumb asses kill their golden goose.

I am trying to think of a time when sports and politics were not intertwined. There have been periods where there has been a lapse, but sports and politics have a long history together. International sport during the Cold War was all politics. People who say they want their sports separated from politics, have A) little knowledge about the history of sports, and B) a generally unreasonable want because of that history.

I think ESPN started to decline before any of these social issues were baked into their programming. Although I need some clarification of how they have been pushing social issues. Anyway, I'm not sure you can say the decline of the Network began with interjecting social issues into their programming. There seems to be a lot of other contributing factors. Same with the NFL.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-11, 10:08

DWags wrote:Goose how do you like the debt going up by 1.5 trillion ?

The same way I felt about the Obama administration adding more debt than all previous Presidents combined. It sucks. It's also obvious neither party really cares, nor do the voters.

EVERY time someone proposes cutting the rate of growth in a program the outrage flows - so you tell me how you would balance the budget? Ever play one of the online games to do that? It will NEVER happen.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-11, 10:09

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:If you read my posts here carefully they're not so much defenses of Trump as they are pointing out the BS that our "unbiased" press propagates.   With the ratio in here it may seem like Trump support since it's not 100% attack Trump, 100% of the time.  Not joining in with the KoolKidz doesn't mean that I support Trump.

You can tell yourself that all you want, but it does not explain your 180. You were the leading voice against Trump on the board through the GOP convention. There is page-after-page of you arguing with SD23236 about Trump; page-after-page of you calling Trump corrupt, a liar, claiming he was unfit for the office, and even implying he was a racist. Then, following the GOP convention, you started attacking posters expressing the same views you had previously expressed about Trump. That certainly reads as a defense of Trump.

LooseGoose wrote:The problem in here with the kneejerk partisans is that there is no nuance and they don't want to allow that.   I get criticized for not posting here but honestly it's damned tiresome to post and then have 16 pile ons.

Fair enough, but don't exempt yourself from from the crowd of partisans. Can you seriously say you have represented yourself in way that is somehow non-partisan? You're just as partisan as anybody else who posts here, or at least you are on this board.

LooseGoose wrote: I have other political forums that I can go to that are more balanced and more respectful....and yes I'm more respectful there too.   Why?   Because that's the culture that's developed there over the years and the Mods will chastise those from both sides if they cross lines but it rarely happens.

This is like the chicken or the egg. I don't know who was disrespectful first. I don't care. It's not healthy, but I knowingly do it anyway. So do you. Maybe it is more pronounced for you because you find yourself isolated, but you cannot - and you are not doing that from what I can see - pretend like you have not engaged in disrespecting others.

He is corrupt. The Dems are corrupt. The Press is corrupt and generally in league with the Dems. You people act like Trump is an outlier. He's really indicative of the whole political system, to believe otherwise is naive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-11, 10:12

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:Goose how do you like the debt going up by 1.5 trillion ?

The same way I felt about the Obama administration adding more debt than all previous Presidents combined. It sucks. It's also obvious neither party really cares, nor do the voters.

EVERY time someone proposes cutting the rate of growth in a program the outrage flows - so you tell me how you would balance the budget? Ever play one of the online games to do that? It will NEVER happen.

Well I’d start by looking at the largest expense, our insanely bloated military. That won’t happen either because we’re scared of.... aliens. I think that’s it. We all watched Independence Day and are scared of that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-11, 11:02

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

He is corrupt.  The Dems are corrupt.   The Press is corrupt and generally in league with the Dems.   You people act like Trump is an outlier.   He's really indicative of the whole political system, to believe otherwise is naive.

So why do you attack conservatives who refuse to support him? You call conservatives who will not support trump "democratic plants," "stooges," and all sorts of other names. If he is as "corrupt" as you say, why do you attack those who would otherwise agree with your assessment?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-11-11, 16:29

This thread is going ok so far. Good work everyone!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-11-11, 16:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This thread is going ok so far. Good work everyone!

Fuck you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-11, 16:50

Goose,

I think the pee tapes are real. What do you think?

Thanks, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-11-11, 17:13

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This thread is going ok so far. Good work everyone!

Fuck you

Why are you such a libtard?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-11, 17:46

LooseGoose wrote:

Enjoy.   Perhaps you can discern the meaning of that.  Or you can join the chorus telling everyone all is well....as the ratings tank for the NFL.  ESPN.   And the others pushing social issues into sports.  I'll be laughing from the grave as the dumb asses kill their golden goose.

Try another viewpoint on this....see if any minds are open at all.

Five Non-Political Reasons That The NFL's TV Ratings Are Down
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-11-11, 23:55

Here is my next question for you Goose.

You have alluded a few times to the anti-Trumpers getting sucked in by the hyperbole/media frenzy or what have you. While I will admit there is a lot of this out there, and it is certainly contributing to the growing divide in our country, can we try to put that aside for a second.

What if you, and I, and those reasonable folks around us were to judge the man, as a President, simply by the content that comes directly from him? The things he says, the things he tweets? I won't even get into the actions that he has taken because reasonable folks can agree to disagree on some of those stances.

But - do you approve of his communication style? Do you think that his half ass condemnation and then retraction and then "both sides" stuff about Charlottesville was, um, unfortunate at minimum? Do you like him getting into slap fights on Twitter with talk show hosts and actors and Republicans who have spoken out against him? Not to mention Kim Jong Un?

I ask this in hopes for an honest, personal answer and would also like to request that you answer without drawing a comparison to a Democrat. Just looking for your take on Trump, no bullshit, no need to point out hypocrisy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-12, 14:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Goose,

Thanks, dude.

Ask Hillary, she paid Fusion to make that shit up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-12, 14:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Here is my next question for you Goose.

You have alluded a few times to the anti-Trumpers getting sucked in by the hyperbole/media frenzy or what have you. While I will admit there is a lot of this out there, and it is certainly contributing to the growing divide in our country, can we try to put that aside for a second.

What if you, and I, and those reasonable folks around us were to judge the man, as a President, simply by the content that comes directly from him? The things he says, the things he tweets? I won't even get into the actions that he has taken because reasonable folks can agree to disagree on some of those stances.

But - do you approve of his communication style? Do you think that his half ass condemnation and then retraction and then "both sides" stuff about Charlottesville was, um, unfortunate at minimum? Do you like him getting into slap fights on Twitter with talk show hosts and actors and Republicans who have spoken out against him? Not to mention Kim Jong Un?

I ask this in hopes for an honest, personal answer and would also like to request that you answer without drawing a comparison to a Democrat. Just looking for your take on Trump, no bullshit, no need to point out hypocrisy.

Watching the Lions with guests. Will return to this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-12, 16:32

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Goose,

Thanks, dude.

Ask Hillary, she paid Fusion to make that shit up.
so you think the pee tapes are real, too.

Thanks dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-12, 16:35

Hey Goose,

Long time reader, second time asker of questions.

Are patriotic right wing nuts still outraged at black football players peacefully protesting?

Thanks, man.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-11-12, 16:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Hey Goose,

Are patriotic right wing nuts still outraged at black football players peacefully protesting?

Thanks, man.

This made my bone spurs hurt.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-12, 17:14

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Hey Goose,

Thanks, man.

This made my bone spurs hurt.
some orange tanning cream might help..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-13, 07:21

Goose?

Are you as fair and balanced as FoxNews?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-13, 11:12

Here's the point I would make about this. For the "average" person that's not consumed by politics to make a judgement wouldn't you agree that it would be best if whatever information they were getting was even handed? At the core of it that's what pisses me off, the Press played things in favor of Obama and they're tilting things against Trump. People here like to paint that as me "supporting Trump" - no, it's really more that I despise the Press. They distort the shit out of things and then wonder why people don't trust them.

Examples....did you see that the "26 dead" story in Texas has now evolved into "25 and 1 unborn child dead"? I'm guessing their overlords in the pro abortion lobby got to them.

And this....it's a minor thing but even the Washington Post acknowledges that out of vengeance this photographer chose the most unflattering photo possible of Trump to use. It's small, but it's pervasive. It distorts the view of the disengaged and pisses me and others off....

News photographer who protested White House restrictions on access gets revenge with revealing shot of Trump

My take on Trump as President is that yep he's fucked up some....but please tell me what he's done that is so damaging? I'll scoff at press speculation - I mean hard, concrete damage to the country. And this is comparing to Dems and Rs but all Presidents tend to learn on the job. I could cite articles from the 1st year of others where the press said they were screwing up badly. Most of the damage that has been done can be laid at the protesters feet or at the bullshit Russia story.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-13, 11:15

LooseGoose wrote:

Here's the point I would make about this. For the "average" person that's not consumed by politics to make a judgement wouldn't you agree that it would be best if whatever information they were getting was even handed? At the core of it that's what pisses me off, the Press played things in favor of Obama and they're tilting things against Trump. People here like to paint that as me "supporting Trump" - no, it's really more that I despise the Press. They distort the shit out of things and then wonder why people don't trust them.

Examples....did you see that the "26 dead" story in Texas has now evolved into "25 and 1 unborn child dead"? I'm guessing their overlords in the pro abortion lobby got to them.

And this....it's a minor thing but even the Washington Post acknowledges that out of vengeance this photographer chose the most unflattering photo possible of Trump to use. It's small, but it's pervasive. It distorts the view of the disengaged and pisses me and others off....

News photographer who protested White House restrictions on access gets revenge with revealing shot of Trump

My take on Trump as President is that yep he's fucked up some....but please tell me what he's done that is so damaging? I'll scoff at press speculation - I mean hard, concrete damage to the country. And this is comparing to Dems and Rs but all Presidents tend to learn on the job. I could cite articles from the 1st year of others where the press said they were screwing up badly. Most of the damage that has been done can be laid at the protesters feet or at the bullshit Russia story.
first of all, you know I love you.

secondly, I don't remember you being upset at the media's coverage of Hillary or Obama.

yours truly,

Robert J Sakimano
The Pee Tapes Are Real
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-13, 11:19

hey Goose, long time reader, third time asker of questions..

do you still think christian patriot and non-pedophile Roy Moore will remove himself from the race today?

I don't.. I think he'll win. Bigly.

and followers of christ will rejoice.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-13, 11:32

Hey Goose.. 4th time asker of a question...

honestly, have you ever seen a more emotionally fragile group of people in your life than the supporters of the sexual predator?

sincerely,

Robert J Sakimano
The Pee Tapes Are Real

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-11-13, 11:42

LooseGoose wrote:...but please tell me what he's done that is so damaging?

I'd say calling Nazis "very fine people" was damaging.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-13, 13:06

Goose..

hey man - how ya doing?

When watching the volleyball scene in Top Gun, how did it make you feel that Goose was the only participant who left his shirt on?

Ask Loose Goose Thread Giphy

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-13, 13:12

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:...but please tell me what he's done that is so damaging?

Except he didn't. No shock to me that a low info voter like yourself would believe he did since the Press played it that way. Read the actual quote perhaps? Sort of like the Putin situation I just clarified in another thread. If you chose to believe distortions rather than seek truth you're beyond salvation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-13, 13:14

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Except he didn't. No shock to me that a low info voter like yourself would believe he did since the Press played it that way. Read the actual quote perhaps? Sort of like the Putin situation I just clarified in another thread. If you chose to believe distortions rather than seek truth you're beyond salvation.
Hey Goose..

what's up?

so.. are you answer all of the questions posed to you in the "Ask Goose" thread?

'cause I'm really kinda curious about some things..

Thanks, man!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next