Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Loose Goose Thread

+7
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
NigelUno
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
11 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Ask Loose Goose Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Ask Loose Goose Thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-19, 15:26

I love it when Goose posts mainstream media articles that support his views.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-19, 15:29

Hey Goose,

What up?

If you insisted that a black woman have her baby and that black baby grew up to do something you didn't like and the government decided to murder the (now) black adult, you'd be okay with that?

Curiously yours,

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-19, 15:33

LooseGoose wrote:Ran across this today.

Why Can’t More Republicans Back Doug Jones? One Word: Abortion             Liberals can’t quite accept this, but to many conservatives, what Roy Moore allegedly did is hideous—but supporting abortion rights is worse.

To be sure, this is a complicated issue and there are (for many Americans) nuances. Some people believe life begins at conception, while some even support abortion under any circumstances. Somewhere in the middle, many mainstream Americans would settle for a ban on abortion after 20 weeks (five months). The majority of Americans support this ban as a sort of culture-war compromise. But when Chuck Todd asked Jones if he would “be in favor of legislation that said ban abortion after 20 weeks, or something like that?” Jones responded: “No, I’m not in favor of anything that is going to infringe on a woman’s right and her freedom to choose,” Jones said. “That’s just the position that I’ve had for many years, it’s the position I continue to have.”

It should be noted that Jones wasn’t under political duress from his left flank when he made this confession. He said this more than a month after winning the Democratic nomination in Alabama.

Jones very clearly stakes out an extreme position on what many see as a definitive life or death issue. What is more, it is a threshold issue for the very kinds of voters who might see Roy Moore’s behavior as unacceptable. This is not to say that Jones can’t win, but it is to say that he would be in a much better position to make Republicans “comfortable” if he weren’t so radical on this hot-button issue.

It seems to me that there should be a party for the person who cares about defending the unborn—and protecting the refuge and the immigrant. There should be a party for the person who wants to say “Merry Christmas” at the Wal-Mart, but also believes that our culture has become too commercialized. Whether you’re for defending unborn children, underage waitresses, or refugees, these are all issues that people of faith and compassion might band together on in defense of the vulnerable against the powerful.  But there is no one political party (or movement) that is consistent on these issues. In fact, politically speaking, they are almost mutually exclusive.  

It wasn’t always this way. Writing about a time when many liberals were pro-life, Princeton Professor Robert George yearns for a time when liberals “saw no contradiction between their commitment to liberalism and their devotion to the pro-life cause. On the contrary, they understood their pro-life convictions to be part and parcel of what it meant to be a liberal. They were ‘for the little guy’ and the unborn child was ‘the littlest guy of all.’” (Before Roe v. Wade became the liberal litmus test, Democrats like Jesse Jackson, Ted Kennedy, and Al Gore could get away with being pro-life.)
it's funny that the people who demand that a child be born are perfectly okay with that same child being sexually assaulted.

Goose,

Hi - me again.

Do you find that odd?

Just wondering,

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-20, 12:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote: it's funny that the people who demand that a child be born are perfectly okay with that same child being sexually assaulted.

Once again Bob devolves into the purest bullshit spewed on this board.

Maybe you Dems can Elect Bill Clinton again to protect them? Or Hills who covered for him for years?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-20, 12:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:So, again, I simply can't fathom supporting someone taking the life of another human. And I'll never understand those who do.

So you would allow someone to do whatever they wanted to you or your family before you would kill them?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-20, 12:23

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:So, again, I simply can't fathom supporting someone taking the life of another human. And I'll never understand those who do.

So you would allow someone to do whatever they wanted to you or your family before you would kill them?

I couldn't murder someone.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-20, 12:25

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: it's funny that the people who demand that a child be born are perfectly okay with that same child being sexually assaulted.

Once again Bob devolves into the purest bullshit spewed on this board.

Maybe you Dems can Elect Bill Clinton again to protect them?   Or Hills who covered for him for years?

just the way I see it.

if folks who call themselves "pro life" are okay with advocating for the death penalty, removing healthcare away from the most vulnerable among us, supporting  a racist, bigoted sexual predator as president and a child molester as US senator are okay with all of that, then it shouldn't hurt their feelings when I point out the facts.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-20, 19:03

Loose, since you say you do not defend Trump and instead highlight media bias...

1) Why did you repeat the media's criticisms of Trump during the primaries? You have recently said the media lies and distorts. So why was information from the lying and distorting media satisfactory enough to be used by you to during the primaries?

2) Why do you belittle conservatives opposed to Trump? They have many of the same criticisms of the media that you do, and they have conservative values, so why do you belittle them? If you do not like Trump, why do you dislike never Trump conservatives so much?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-21, 21:25

Goose, are these questions too difficult for you?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-11-22, 20:17

LooseGoose wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Okay. So your #1 issue is abortion, and by your own reckoning, it has a 0.5% chance of being made illegal in Michigan (erring on the high side) and even less of a chance federally. I already told you where I was going with my line of questioning, so I won't harp on this too much more. I'll just ask you one final question: given the odds of success, does it seem prudent to you to prioritize that issue more highly than any other when making voting decisions? I don't imagine that I'm giving you much if anything in the way of new information here, but just consider it from this perspective: by your own estimation, if you lived your life 200 times (in theoretical parallel and identical dimensions or something), abortion would be outlawed in the state of Michigan in precisely one of those lives. I'm sure we'll never see eye to eye on this, but it just doesn't seem like an ideal distribution of your focus from where I sit. Does the likelihood/possibility of the other things you mentioned (additional restrictions, counseling) help to make up the difference, so to speak, in your mind? (Okay, I lied earlier, I had two more questions.)

Because when you support politicians who oppose abortion, quite often you end up supporting politicians who are on the opposite side from you on issues like civil asset forfeiture and marijuana legalization.

I understand that but.....you make a bad assumption at the core of your premise.....that the goal is "outlawing abortion"....no....I recognize that's not going to happen and in reality might not really be the best outcome.    Would it affect your thinking if the core goal was to limit abortions?   Rather than the Dems parroted talking points to REALLY, REALLY want them to be rare?

I have a hard time taking you at your word that your goal is not outlawing abortion entirely. You have stated that you don't support the rape/incest/health of the mother exceptions, so how rare is rare enough for you?

I realize most people come to this position from religion and I'm guessing most people think that's what brought me here.   I'll type up the longest form of it I've posted here knowing that it'll probably open me to more personal bullshit.   But whatever.

My opposition is based on 3 "reasons" or whatever you want to call them.  2 of them happened in my life, I'll start with those.   My best friend in HS, my roomie at MSU, the closest I've ever had to a brother.  There were stretches where he and hung together for 300+ nights a year.  He and a mutual friend were dating.  A pregnancy occurred.   They wrestled with it, and decided on an abortion.   Keep in mind this was now close to 35 years ago.  She still weeps over that child, though she had others.  He never married, never had another child - and is left now and then to muse when in the mood over what might have been.  They've led productive lives but they're still haunted by it.

2nd instance is more personal.  My 1st wife was younger than me and kind of sheltered when we married.  Had 2 kids in 3 years.  8 months after child #2 she was pregnant again.  Wanted to abort.  I told her I would fight tooth and nail legally doing whatever I could to save my child.   Eventually this was what I was told.  "I'll have the baby but if I do then I'm leaving".   I agreed.   She had my daughter and a couple months later walked.   Having my daughter and my grandkids from her was well worth the trade.  I raised all 3 alone.   So go ahead an lecture me about stepping up for kids.  

Thank you. It can't have been easy to share such a personal story with relative strangers, and I respect your willingness to further the conversation. It also helps me to understand your zeal a little better.

The 3rd reason or group of reasons is more ethereal.....what have we lost as a nation and a race by those we've aborted?   How many Einsteins were among the 45 million?  Curies?  Science, math, music, art, inventions?   Breakthroughs in medicine?  What have we lost by ending all those lives?   We'll never know - but I think it's indisputable that as a society we've lost progress.

And those are the reasons I'm pro-life.   GRR can rant for 22 years and it won't affect me a bit because I see my daughter and her kids smile every day and I know the suffering my friends have gone through.

Perhaps. But I feel like there are many issues you could play the same game with. How much human progress has been sacrificed to fight wars? How much human potential has been wasted by insufficient societal investment in education? Those are, at least to my mind, probably the most compelling examples, but you can map the logic onto almost any issue if you try hard enough.

And as a counterpoint, I'd mention that children born to parents who don't want them and can't afford to care for them properly don't have a great track record of success, on the whole. There's no way to measure, but I'd venture a guess that such a demographic might well be a net negative for society.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-11-22, 23:13

For the record, I think I paid for an abortion. I never gave it a second thought. Neither of us was in a position to move forward. I don't dwell on it and until this thread hadn't really thought about it.
On the flip side I brought up abortion to my wife when we found out Kyle has downs. Now Kyle is with us. Pretty ducked up, huh. Also, I may or may not have another kid, but there was never a paternity test. Boot too concerned about that situation either.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-11-25, 11:32

Bumping for Goose

Ask Loose Goose Thread - Page 5 Http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fawkward%2Fspongebob-hides
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-27, 09:49

Hey Goose,

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving smoking dope.

Hey, so do you believe, like me, that the same 'christian' republican patriots that elected the sexual predator will also elect the child molester in Alabama??

Interested in your take on the situation.

Always yours,

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5