Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The political hodge podge thread

+31
DWags
AvgMSUJoe
Cameron
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
NumbersDude
aualum06
TrapperGus
Jake from State Farm
MiamiSpartan
The Pantry
Heat Miser
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
BobSaget
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Da Mayor
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
msugolfguy
AnomanderRake
Turtleneck
35 posters

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Guest 22/01/18, 09:25 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:The political hodge podge thread - Page 7 DULSsnvVoAAwsFn
Wow where was that goose?

Lol jk that’s from last year it didn’t take me very long to figure that out but I bet one of your sweet sources posted it as if it was from this weekend and you ate it up.

Not at all darling, just stumbled on it and thought it was funny. Where are you doing your primary reporting from today?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 22/01/18, 09:32 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Wow where was that goose?

Lol jk that’s from last year it didn’t take me very long to figure that out but I bet one of your sweet sources posted it as if it was from this weekend and you ate it up.

Not at all darling, just stumbled on it and thought it was funny.   Where are you doing your primary reporting from today?
Well whoever posted it is clearly implying it’s not a year old picture and perhaps you shouldn’t trust them anymore or whoever retweeted it but lol you will because they tell you what you like
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 26/01/18, 12:26 pm

All I’m saying is I never heard of any rumors of a Nikki Haley / Trump affair until she started vehemently denying it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 26/01/18, 01:41 pm

Funny how republicans are outraged by words on a poster but are perfectly fine supporting a racist, sexist bigot who brags about sexually assaulting women.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/01/18, 10:48 am

Signs a Dem wave is coming in Nov....

The political hodge podge thread - Page 7 PYBkMKe
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 31/01/18, 10:59 am

LooseGoose wrote:Signs a Dem wave is coming in Nov....

All that money really helped out Hilldawg. The political hodge podge thread - Page 7 502811600

I just feel like rumbling again about stupid shit Goose. Wanna fight?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31/01/18, 12:36 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Signs a Dem wave is coming in Nov....

All that money really helped out Hilldawg. The political hodge podge thread - Page 7 502811600

I just feel like rumbling again about stupid shit Goose. Wanna fight?

Nah, I'm trying to send love vibes out to my fellow Americans.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 01/02/18, 08:43 pm

There’s no story filed yet, but apparently — if Cuban state media is to be believed — Fidel’s eldest son has 86’d himself.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 02/02/18, 07:30 am

Today Congressman Nunes is going to release a classified memo to help the authoritarian in The White House giving the GOP lackies another reason to shut down the Mueller investigation.

Some of you are cheering the GOP's fund raising.  The GOP leadership and many of their voters have decided its more important to be Republicans and "small government conservatives" than Americans.

Its more important to protect Republicans and "conservatives" from investigations on some politicians relationships with Russian financiers,  Russian government officials and known Russian spies than the truth.

Tell me you support what Trump is doing and call yourself an American?
Take your lapel flag and shove it up your ass.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/02/18, 08:22 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Today Congressman Nunes is going to release a classified memo to help the authoritarian in The White House giving the GOP lackies another reason to shut down the Mueller investigation.

Some of you are cheering the GOP's fund raising.  The GOP leadership and many of their voters have decided its more important to be Republicans and "small government conservatives" than Americans.

Its more important to protect Republicans and "conservatives" from investigations on some politicians relationships with Russian financiers,  Russian government officials and known Russian spies than the truth.

NEWS IN BRIEF FBI Warns Republican Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable Government Secret Agencies
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 02/02/18, 08:42 am

I understand you see nothing wrong with people associated with Trump including his sons, son-in-law, advisors and consultants working with Russian financiers, Russian lawyers known to have connections with the Russian SVR, FSO and GRU.  You view that as  government overreach. So long as the right people are elected you have no issue with foreign powers financing properties own by the sitting US President or properties his son-in-law own.  I undersatnd you are a big fan of authoritarian style government and Trump is your kind of leader. You have many posts proclaiming Fake News. Its understandable you support the executive branch to raign over the judicial branch. Its what authoritarians do.

I didn't serve in the USN and make a personal a goal to be a sychophantic toadie to a traitor who won The White House.  

I choose to heed the words of Dr Tim Snyder PhD

Fascism says nothing’s true. Your daily life is not important. The facts that you think you understand are not important. All that matters is the myth ― the myth of one nation as together the myth of the mystical connection with the leader.

When we think of “Post-truth,” we think it’s something new. We think it’s something at campuses. We think it’s something irrelevant. Actually, what post-truth does is it paves the way for regime change. If we don’t have access to facts, we can’t trust each other. Without trust, there’s no law. Without law, there’s no democracy.

So if you want to rip the heart out of a democracy directly, if you want to go right at it and kill it, what you do is you go after facts. And that is what modern authoritarians do.

Step one: You lie yourself, all the time. Step two: You say it’s your opponents and the journalists who lie. Step three: Everyone looks around and says, “What is truth? There is no truth.”

And then, resistance is impossible, and the game is over.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 02/02/18, 08:48 am

tGreenWay wrote:There’s no story filed yet, but apparently — if Cuban state media is to be believed — Fidel’s eldest son has 86’d himself.

Is this the doozy?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 02/02/18, 09:10 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Today Congressman Nunes is going to release a classified memo to help the authoritarian in The White House giving the GOP lackies another reason to shut down the Mueller investigation.

Gee, I was going to wait until it was released to read it to see what the fuss was all about before making a judgement.
Thanks for saving me the time!
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 09/02/18, 04:18 pm

I dunno I thought this was interesting so I wanted to pass it along re a war with Korea 

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/2/7/16974772/north-korea-war-trump-kim-nuclear-weapon
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 09/02/18, 04:31 pm

Here's an interesting review of Nunes "bomb shell"

From the link's conclusion:

Finally, there is no evidence that Clinton was involved in Steele’s reports or worked with Russian entities to feed information to Steele. That’s where Nunes’s claim goes off the rails — and why he earns Four Pinocchios.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/02/09/did-hillary-clinton-collude-with-the-russians-to-get-dirt-on-trump-to-feed-it-to-the-fbi/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories-2_fact-check-clinton-410am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.55d48f21f4b8
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 10/02/18, 01:34 pm

Another Trump "acting" administrator bites the dust.

Looks like Heath Hall thought leading the Federal Railroad Administration as acting administrator was a part time gig so he was still working at his PR firm in Mississippi.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/10/railroad-safety-agency-chief-resigns-heath-hall-402093?lo=ap_a1

and so it goes
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/03/18, 09:00 am

Interesting theory.......

Michael Barone: Still saddled with the politics of the Seventies
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 02/03/18, 09:04 am

LooseGoose wrote:Interesting theory.......

Michael Barone: Still saddled with the politics of the Seventies
sweet mainstream media link.

With the racism and misogyny in the republican party, seems like we're being saddled with the politics of the 50's.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/03/18, 11:08 am

Amazing how this works.....when people think you might have a gun they're more likely to leave you alone.

Crime At University Of Kansas Down After 6 Months Of Campus Carry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 06/03/18, 11:09 am

6 months seems like a large enough sample size to make a direct correlation.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 06/03/18, 12:48 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Amazing how this works.....when people think you might have a gun they're more likely to leave you alone.

thanks for the mainstream media link.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 06/03/18, 01:31 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Amazing how this works.....when people think you might have a gun they're more likely to leave you alone.

Well since you linked to Tucker Carlson’s website (while claiming that you don’t watch Fox News you certainly get the same information) I decided to follow up with the source link. I found this to be interesting goose.

KU police noted that their ongoing efforts to combat crime include using “security technology” such as cameras on campus, according to Friday’s news release. 
Further, the Office of Public Safety added more police and security officers in 2017, the news release said”

Also this
“156 thefts, down from 213 in 2016. Additionally, there were two thefts of motor vehicles, down from six in 2016.”

That was the biggest difference. Everything else, including stuff that you’d probably argue that guns everywhere could help with we’re either the same or slightly up or down (pretty negligible.) are we saying the increase in cameras and security officers made people steal fewer bikes or was it the guns? If there’s any correlation, which there may or may not be, I’d assume the camera watching you helps more than random people pretending they could play Rambo.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 06/03/18, 01:44 pm

The political hodge podge thread - Page 7 Giphy
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 06/03/18, 02:07 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:6 months seems like a large enough sample size to make a direct correlation.

Quit with yer college learnin talk boy! He's tryna make a (completely ridiculous) point!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 07/03/18, 09:43 am

So its okay for self-labeled "conservatives" to agree that the KU video cameras everywhere campus surveilance isn't a violation of rights?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 08/03/18, 07:30 pm

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/8/17098364/trump-video-games-guns-summit
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 09/03/18, 12:49 am

Video games. Neutral
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 13/03/18, 08:36 pm

I can’t possible imagine how long we would be talking about a Democrat writing “marine core” on Fox News. A) for the next month it’d be the only thing we’d talk about. B) it’s be brought up occasionally for the next two decades.

Instead here we are and it’s just sort of expect and everyone will forget tomorrow when he tries to fire chef boyardee or whatever the fuck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 14/03/18, 07:34 am

White evangelicals are the new terrorists.

Moral bankruptcy at its best.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/03/18, 02:08 pm

The political hodge podge thread - Page 7 DYWOjAzV4AAwWIs
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 15/03/18, 03:57 pm

Another MSU Spartan woman exercising her right to free speech.

Thanks for posting
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/03/18, 04:53 pm

Molon labe (Greek: μολὼν λαβέ molṑn labé), meaning "come and take [them]", is a classical expression of defiance. According to Plutarch, Xerxes I, king of the Achaemenid Empire, demanded that the Spartans surrender their weapons and King Leonidas I responded with this phrase. It is an exemplary use of a laconic phrase.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 15/03/18, 05:59 pm

A) that’s not an MSU student. That’s a high school student.
B) if the best you got when arguing with high school students is the semantics of their school shirts then maybe I’ve way over estimated you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 15/03/18, 07:21 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Molon labe (Greek: μολὼν λαβέ molṑn labé), meaning "come and take [them]", is a classical expression of defiance. According to Plutarch, Xerxes I, king of the Achaemenid Empire, demanded that the Spartans surrender their weapons and King Leonidas I responded with this phrase. It is an exemplary use of a laconic phrase.

MSU has used this phrase for a few years now, and I only remember the NRA/pro gun movement using it in the past couple of years, though I could certainly be wrong about that.
Regardless, if the irony you see is the reason for dismissing this young woman’s statement, I say good; keep underestimating these kids moving forward.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 15/03/18, 08:10 pm

LooseGoose wrote:The political hodge podge thread - Page 7 DYWOjAzV4AAwWIs
awesome. Thanks for sharing this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 15/03/18, 10:36 pm

I am so fucking sick of this annual article that everyone likes to talk about every year. "People in offices don't do enough work during the tournament lol!" You know what I want to see? How many Loyola-Chicago alums missed the crazy win they had today because they were too busy focusing on corporate profits? How many kids recitals were missed this year because a parent didn't have enough time off? Corporate profits get everyone's attention 259 other business days this year. Give everyone two days without pointing out the dollars for rich shareholders they could be earning instead. Fuck them.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/06/march-madness-takes-a-toll-on-productivity.html
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 15/03/18, 11:02 pm

Very few care that or Federal legislators often meet Tues/Wed/Thur for long weekends.

Last year the House worked 138 days and the Senate 162. Working stiffs with 10 days of “personal time” plus holidays and any sick days not coming out of personal days are around 220.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 15/03/18, 11:20 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Very few care that or Federal legislators often meet Tues/Wed/Thur for long weekends.

Last year the House worked 138 days and the Senate 162.   Working stiffs with 10 days of “personal time” plus holidays and any sick days not coming out of personal days are around 220.
What
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 16/03/18, 12:43 pm

This is funny.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/974315033994788865
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 16/03/18, 01:22 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is funny.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/974315033994788865

The political hodge podge thread - Page 7 502811600
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next