The political hodge podge thread

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-01-22, 21:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Wow where was that goose?

Lol jk that’s from last year it didn’t take me very long to figure that out but I bet one of your sweet sources posted it as if it was from this weekend and you ate it up.

Not at all darling, just stumbled on it and thought it was funny. Where are you doing your primary reporting from today?

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. – H. L. Mencken
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-01-22, 21:32

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Wow where was that goose?

Lol jk that’s from last year it didn’t take me very long to figure that out but I bet one of your sweet sources posted it as if it was from this weekend and you ate it up.

Not at all darling, just stumbled on it and thought it was funny.   Where are you doing your primary reporting from today?
Well whoever posted it is clearly implying it’s not a year old picture and perhaps you shouldn’t trust them anymore or whoever retweeted it but lol you will because they tell you what you like

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17600
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-26, 12:26

All I’m saying is I never heard of any rumors of a Nikki Haley / Trump affair until she started vehemently denying it.

_________________
It's only a matter of time before this thing blows up in our faces.
avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12975
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-01-26, 13:41

Funny how republicans are outraged by words on a poster but are perfectly fine supporting a racist, sexist bigot who brags about sexually assaulting women.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-01-31, 10:48

Signs a Dem wave is coming in Nov....


_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. – H. L. Mencken
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-01-31, 10:59

LooseGoose wrote:Signs a Dem wave is coming in Nov....


All that money really helped out Hilldawg.

I just feel like rumbling again about stupid shit Goose. Wanna fight?
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13967
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-01-31, 12:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Signs a Dem wave is coming in Nov....


All that money really helped out Hilldawg.

I just feel like rumbling again about stupid shit Goose. Wanna fight?

Nah, I'm trying to send love vibes out to my fellow Americans.

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. – H. L. Mencken
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-02-01, 20:43

There’s no story filed yet, but apparently — if Cuban state media is to be believed — Fidel’s eldest son has 86’d himself.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24159
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-02-02, 07:30

Today Congressman Nunes is going to release a classified memo to help the authoritarian in The White House giving the GOP lackies another reason to shut down the Mueller investigation.

Some of you are cheering the GOP's fund raising.  The GOP leadership and many of their voters have decided its more important to be Republicans and "small government conservatives" than Americans.

Its more important to protect Republicans and "conservatives" from investigations on some politicians relationships with Russian financiers,  Russian government officials and known Russian spies than the truth.

Tell me you support what Trump is doing and call yourself an American?
Take your lapel flag and shove it up your ass.
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6324
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-02-02, 08:22

GRR Spartan wrote:Today Congressman Nunes is going to release a classified memo to help the authoritarian in The White House giving the GOP lackies another reason to shut down the Mueller investigation.

Some of you are cheering the GOP's fund raising.  The GOP leadership and many of their voters have decided its more important to be Republicans and "small government conservatives" than Americans.

Its more important to protect Republicans and "conservatives" from investigations on some politicians relationships with Russian financiers,  Russian government officials and known Russian spies than the truth.

Tell me you support what Trump is doing and call yourself an American?
Take your lapel flag and shove it up your ass.

NEWS IN BRIEF FBI Warns Republican Memo Could Undermine Faith In Massive, Unaccountable Government Secret Agencies

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. – H. L. Mencken
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-02-02, 08:42

I understand you see nothing wrong with people associated with Trump including his sons, son-in-law, advisors and consultants working with Russian financiers, Russian lawyers known to have connections with the Russian SVR, FSO and GRU.  You view that as  government overreach. So long as the right people are elected you have no issue with foreign powers financing properties own by the sitting US President or properties his son-in-law own.  I undersatnd you are a big fan of authoritarian style government and Trump is your kind of leader. You have many posts proclaiming Fake News. Its understandable you support the executive branch to raign over the judicial branch. Its what authoritarians do.

I didn't serve in the USN and make a personal a goal to be a sychophantic toadie to a traitor who won The White House.  

I choose to heed the words of Dr Tim Snyder PhD

Fascism says nothing’s true. Your daily life is not important. The facts that you think you understand are not important. All that matters is the myth ― the myth of one nation as together the myth of the mystical connection with the leader.

When we think of “Post-truth,” we think it’s something new. We think it’s something at campuses. We think it’s something irrelevant. Actually, what post-truth does is it paves the way for regime change. If we don’t have access to facts, we can’t trust each other. Without trust, there’s no law. Without law, there’s no democracy.

So if you want to rip the heart out of a democracy directly, if you want to go right at it and kill it, what you do is you go after facts. And that is what modern authoritarians do.

Step one: You lie yourself, all the time. Step two: You say it’s your opponents and the journalists who lie. Step three: Everyone looks around and says, “What is truth? There is no truth.”

And then, resistance is impossible, and the game is over.
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6324
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by NigelUno on 2018-02-02, 08:48

tGreenWay wrote:There’s no story filed yet, but apparently — if Cuban state media is to be believed — Fidel’s eldest son has 86’d himself.

Is this the doozy?
avatar
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20286
Join date : 2014-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by I.B. Fine on 2018-02-02, 09:10

GRR Spartan wrote:Today Congressman Nunes is going to release a classified memo to help the authoritarian in The White House giving the GOP lackies another reason to shut down the Mueller investigation.

Some of you are cheering the GOP's fund raising.  The GOP leadership and many of their voters have decided its more important to be Republicans and "small government conservatives" than Americans.

Its more important to protect Republicans and "conservatives" from investigations on some politicians relationships with Russian financiers,  Russian government officials and known Russian spies than the truth.

Tell me you support what Trump is doing and call yourself an American?
Take your lapel flag and shove it up your ass.
Gee, I was going to wait until it was released to read it to see what the fuss was all about before making a judgement.
Thanks for saving me the time!

_________________
Betteridge’s law: “Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no.”
avatar
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2711
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : Namaste, Bitches

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-02-09, 16:18

I dunno I thought this was interesting so I wanted to pass it along re a war with Korea 

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/2/7/16974772/north-korea-war-trump-kim-nuclear-weapon

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17600
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-02-09, 16:31

Here's an interesting review of Nunes "bomb shell"

From the link's conclusion:

Finally, there is no evidence that Clinton was involved in Steele’s reports or worked with Russian entities to feed information to Steele. That’s where Nunes’s claim goes off the rails — and why he earns Four Pinocchios.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/02/09/did-hillary-clinton-collude-with-the-russians-to-get-dirt-on-trump-to-feed-it-to-the-fbi/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories-2_fact-check-clinton-410am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.55d48f21f4b8
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6324
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-02-10, 13:34

Another Trump "acting" administrator bites the dust.

Looks like Heath Hall thought leading the Federal Railroad Administration as acting administrator was a part time gig so he was still working at his PR firm in Mississippi.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/10/railroad-safety-agency-chief-resigns-heath-hall-402093?lo=ap_a1

and so it goes
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6324
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum