The political hodge podge thread

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-31, 06:52

Indiana's governor signed SB442 which allows the state to "clean up" or delete names from the rolls of registered voters without contacting the voter prior to deleting their name.

League of Women Voters and the NAACP have filed stating its a violation of the National Voter Registration Act that requires notification ptior to names being taken off the rolls.

Between 2012 and 2014 Indiana officials removed 22% of registered voters names and since the most recent bill went into effect in July 481,000 more names have been removed.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2017/08/23/lawsuit-says-new-law-purge-indiana-voters-d-challengeindiana-tops-nation-voter-purge-naacp-wants-sto/594271001/
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-08-31, 07:59

GRR Spartan wrote:Indiana's governor signed SB442 which allows the state to "clean up" or delete names from the rolls of registered voters without contacting the voter prior to deleting their name.

League of Women Voters and the NAACP have filed stating its a violation of the National Voter Registration Act that requires notification ptior to names being taken off the rolls.

Between 2012 and 2014 Indiana officials removed 22% of registered voters names and since the most recent bill went into effect in July 481,000 more names have been removed.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2017/08/23/lawsuit-says-new-law-purge-indiana-voters-d-challengeindiana-tops-nation-voter-purge-naacp-wants-sto/594271001/

Do we get to guess where most of those voters lived in the state?

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-09-06, 08:25

Remember when the Director of The Office of Federal Ethics resigned 2 months ago?  

Its because of shit like this.  Trump is making millions as CEO's and lobbyists buy memberships at his golf resort properties.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/09/06/trump-gets-millions-golf-members-ceos-and-lobbyists-get-access-president/632505001/
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-09-06, 09:02

GRR Spartan wrote:Remember when the Director of The Office of Federal Ethics resigned 2 months ago?  

Its because of shit like this.  Trump is making millions as CEO's and lobbyists buy memberships at his golf resort properties.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/09/06/trump-gets-millions-golf-members-ceos-and-lobbyists-get-access-president/632505001/
every time you get frustrated by this, just remember Hillary's email account.

it gets me through the day.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-09-07, 13:11

Trump real estate companies are marketing and leasing high end residences to well heeled Russians with expectant spouses /significant others so their birth will occur in the US giving the newborns dual citizenship.

Guess that's different than people coming in from countries south of the US border who have been vilified by GOP politicians including President Trump.

A big difference is the folks are coming in through the Mexican border and aren't leasing Trump properties.

Ethics? Ethics? We don't need no stinkin ethics!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/russians-flock-to-trump-properties-to-give-birth-to-us-citizens
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-09-15, 17:55

Wonder who visits Trumps on his frequent trips to Mar-a-laga?

AG Jeff "The Idiot" Sessions and the FBI are saying the visitor's list isn't subject to The Freedom of Information Act so keep wondering.

No tax returns, no visitor lists.

Just trust him while he enriches himself and his family. Only 7 plu more years if he gets his way.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-01, 11:37

As usual more fake news from Krugman and the NYTimes....

And as usual more of the antiTumpists retweet the fake shit than the correction. All tribal and no truth.

Josh Jordan‏Verified account @NumbersMuncher 14h14 hours ago

Tweet w/ incorrect info that goes against Trump: 9,600+ RTs.

Tweet correcting first tweet's wrong accusation: 263 RTs.

Every single time.

But it's ok with Bob and his boys here since they love the lies.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-10-01, 11:42

LooseGoose wrote:As usual more fake news from Krugman and the NYTimes....

And as usual more of the antiTumpists retweet the fake shit than the correction. All tribal and no truth.

Every single time.

If you're so interested in truth, why don't you ever call out Trump for his lies via Twitter? Is it because you are also a dishonest "tribalist"?
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2017-10-01, 11:59

Will someone think about the retweets?!!!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-01, 12:10

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:As usual more fake news from Krugman and the NYTimes....

Every single time.

If you're so interested in truth, why don't you ever call out Trump for his lies via Twitter? Is it because you are also a dishonest "tribalist"?

I could join the chorus here but what's the fun in that? The rest of you do quite well in parroting the media.

Didn't see a single one of you call Bob on naming Melania Trump as a sexual predator......so tell me again how you're down the middle and believers in the truth?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2017-10-01, 12:23

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I could join the chorus here but what's the fun in that? The rest of you do quite well in parroting the media.

Didn't see a single one of you call Bob on naming Melania Trump as a sexual predator......so tell me again how you're down the middle and believers in the truth?

Melania Trump isn't a sexual predator. She's a whore willing to marry one because she craves money and power. She'd never marry him if he was even making 500K a year. Her platform is social media bullying, but when her paycheck pos husband does it she just laughs it off and says "oh if you hit Donnie he hits back". She's scum and deserves him.
To hell with both of them.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-10-01, 12:25

I do not follow Bob around tSwill and read all of his posts. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

Here is what I do know. Most of us will owe up to our trolling. That includes Bob. Meanwhile, you act like you are above it all, start threads asking for people to be banned for trolling because trolling is beneath you, but then troll tBin all day. Yet, somehow that does not fit into your definition of hypocritical.

Listen, you just parrot Hannity, Limbaugh, and whatever sites you read. Once the conversation turns analytical and requires independent thought, you disappear. I once suggested you read some of the original discourse from the framers of the Constitution. I cannot recall the context of the conversation other than you responding with "I don't have time for that." But you have time to scour the Internet all day looking for all sorts of links? Translation: the next independent thought you have will be your first. Well, you do have a lot of original thoughts on pie and milk.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-10-01, 12:39

The Sage of Mio is a internet bomb thrower.
Truth has never been a consideration.

Eventually he'll revert to name calling, foul language, masturbating emoticon bombs and leave because people question his posts.

GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-10-12, 19:15

Remember when Republicans slammed President Obama for his excessive use of executive orders?

Seemed a good time to note President Trump just signed his 50th executive order today. That's a little over 6 per month.

Obama signed 276 in his 96 months in office or a bit fewer than 3 per month.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-10-12, 19:55

Turtleneck wrote:I do not follow Bob around tSwill and read all of his posts. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

Here is what I do know. Most of us will owe up to our trolling. That includes Bob. Meanwhile, you act like you are above it all, start threads asking for people to be banned for trolling because trolling is beneath you, but then troll tBin all day. Yet, somehow that does not fit into your definition of hypocritical.

Listen, you just parrot Hannity, Limbaugh, and whatever sites you read. Once the conversation turns analytical and requires independent thought, you disappear. I once suggested you read some of the original discourse from the framers of the Constitution. I cannot recall the context of the conversation other than you responding with "I don't have time for that." But you have time to scour the Internet all day looking for all sorts of links? Translation: the next independent thought you have will be your first. Well, you do have a lot of original thoughts on pie and milk.

LooseGoose wrote:
The reason for longer shelf life on Organic milk is that MOST organic milk is processed using UHT (Ultra high temperature) pasteurization.  Wrecks the flavor but gives you a longer shelf life.   Organic milk needs the longer life since it sells much slower.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-13, 16:25

Y'all wanna know something that grinds my gears? The way places like CNN will put in the word "accidentally" in the first sentence of this article. Fuck you cnn, he didn't accidentally say that. He has no clue that he's president of the Virgin Islands too. He's a massive dipshit who couldn't pass an 8th grade social studies test if you gave him one right now.

Massive idiot president says he talked to president of the Virgin Islands which is him, the massive idiot

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-17, 10:44

LOL, this has reached stupidity now.   Enjoy your liberal allies.

Ann Arbor city council members kneel during the Pledge of Allegiance at a meeting on Monday, Oct. 16, 2017. (Lauren Slagter | The Ann Arbor News)

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-10-17, 10:48

LooseGoose wrote:LOL, this has reached stupidity now.   Enjoy your liberal allies.

Ann Arbor city council members kneel during the Pledge of Allegiance at a meeting on Monday, Oct. 16, 2017. (Lauren Slagter | The Ann Arbor News)

I'm sorry you are easily triggered.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2017-10-17, 11:12

LooseGoose wrote:LOL, this has reached stupidity now.   Enjoy your liberal allies.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-10-17, 11:14

Goose needs a safe space from these mean people.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-10-17, 11:20

funny story..

my daughter hasn't stood for the Pledge of Allegiance in school since way back in middle school - for a long time, she was the only kid that would just sit and doodle or read or whatever. Now she says about a third of the class she's in (her senior year) just sits down too.

so it's nice to see that some kids go to school to learn and not be indoctrinated by the government and some jingoistic pledge she doesn't believe in.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2017-10-17, 11:23

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2017-10-17, 11:34

I can't think of a more disrespectful thing to do to a flag than have the filthy hands of a sexual predator all over it.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-10-17, 11:38

Uh oh. Looks like Goose is going to have to add swimming and Ann Arbor to the list of stuff he has to boycott. :(

Disrespect!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-20, 19:44

Tribes. College students.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-10-20, 20:34

#FakeNewsLoose

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-10-20, 20:37

Remember that one time Goose wanted to permaban Bob for being nothing but an instigator?
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-10-20, 20:53

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Remember that one time Goose wanted to permaban Bob for being nothing but an instigator?

He is not a hypocrite, Pylon. I hope that is not what you are implying.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-10-21, 15:36

LooseGoose wrote:Tribes. College students.

Which on is Loose?

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-10-21, 15:38

Oscoda County GOP?

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-10-21, 15:42

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-10-21, 15:46

To summarize, I could find 100 videos of idiot Trump supporters, Loose could find 100 videos of idiot liberals or [whoever] supporters, and none of it means anything. It's funny. I like watching these videos. But it means nothing.

I know it means everything to Loose, but in reality, it's all so meaningless. I could take a camera to a Trump event, interview 100 people, and find 5-10 crazies among that 100 to put on TV. Loose could have done the same at a Hillary event or a Bernie event. The only thing funnier than the videos are the people that take them seriously.
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-21, 21:17

I would like to know why someone like this should be legally allowed to continue to own guns. For me, when you go on record as saying “I would shoot this person that clearly doesn’t deserve being shot” then you should immediately lose your gun owning right. You’ve clearly showed yourself as completely incapable of responsibly owning a gun.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/21/montana-gianforte-ben-jacobs-karen-marshall-would-have-shot

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2017-10-23, 13:21

Pylon definition of "engagement" - a 16 person pile on.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-10-27, 11:06

Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2017-10-27, 11:13

Why do so many tough talking/posting “conservatives” want to include themselves as victims?

Throw dung and it will be tossed back
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-10-28, 20:44

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-10-28, 20:48

Turtleneck wrote:

Tom Brady is NOT welcome.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-10-29, 22:44

I have barely gotten 20% into this article and will finish tomorrow but you guys it seems like a super interesting read

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/29/john-boehner-trump-house-republican-party-retirement-profile-feature-215741

Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2017-10-29, 22:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I have barely gotten 20% into this article and will finish tomorrow but you guys it seems like a super interesting read

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/10/29/john-boehner-trump-house-republican-party-retirement-profile-feature-215741

It is
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: