Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Santa dilemma

+19
Dendrobates
Izzo Court
Cameron
Rocinante
steveschneider
Turtleneck
msuspartan4eva
Wally Fairway
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Heat Miser
goodbar
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
TheReal_LWS
NigelUno
InTenSity
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Santa dilemma - Page 3 Empty Re: Santa dilemma

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:55 am

Again, you are some weird weirdos.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:14 am

Santa is fake lws
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 am

TheReal_LWS wrote:Again, you are some weird weirdos.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 am

put up our winter solstice tree Saturday - grabbed some mini-bottles at Oades.. this year we went with Jameson, Crown Royal, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam - decorated it Saturday evening.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:03 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Dude she's five, tell her he's real and don't think twice about it. Are you kidding me? It's a white lie at worst.

His is what I was thinking. So what it’s a white lie.

I found out early on because my asshole brother said there’s no such thing as Santa (in front of my mom too). I was sad and looked at my mom and asked if it was true. She was of course trying not to kill my brother and said, yes, he’s not real. I asked if I still get presents, and she said yes. So I didn’t care.

Anyway, it doesn’t seem like a big deal to go with it for now to enjoy her childhood. And her telling other kids is a huge issue as well.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:58 pm

TheReal_LWS wrote:Glad we missed the Elf on a Shelf thing. That sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I don’t want to do that shit either. But how would a parent avoid that? Kids at school will all be talking about it. Damn this shit.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:14 pm

Izzo Court wrote:You absolutely lie to your kids about Santa. Throughout the year things come and go, but NOTHING holds a candle to the amount of leverage Santa wields when it comes to kids doing what they're told. Especially with little kids it's important to never ever let a good threat go to waste or you run the risk letting the inmates run the asylum.

It worked great when I used to babysit my demon cousin. He was just awful. But when I would say I’m calling Santa to tell him how bad he was, he would listen to me. I love manipulation. Santa dilemma - Page 3 502811600
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:Glad we missed the Elf on a Shelf thing. That sounds absolutely ridiculous.

I don’t want to do that shit either. But how would a parent avoid that? Kids at school will all be talking about it. Damn this shit.

Tell your kid that your cat would eat the elf and you'd go to jail.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:35 pm

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Or home-school.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:35 pm

So, for 20 years now I've been reading "Twas the night before Christmas" to my daughters on Christmas eve.  They're 20-17 this year, and I'll read it to them again.  

Matter of fact, it's always one of the top five moments of the year for me.  And they both still sit there and listen and each hold one of my arms and put their head on my shoulder  as we're all looking at the pictures.  

Does Santa exist?   Fuck yeah.  If any of you don't believe me, come over to the Dwags house Christmas eve and get in the moment with me.   I hope I"m doing that when they're married and they have their kids over to the house.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:41 pm

DWags wrote:So, for 20 years now I've been reading "Twas the night before Christmas" to my daughters on Christmas eve.  They're 20-17 this year, and I'll read it to them again.  

Matter of fact, it's always one of the top five moments of the year for me.  And they both still sit there and listen and each hold one of my arms and put their head on my shoulder  as we're all looking at the pictures.  

Does Santa exist?   Fuck yeah.  If any of you don't believe me, come over to the Dwags house Christmas eve and get in the moment with me.   I hope I"m doing that when they're married and they have their kids over to the house.

This is a really a touching story. I am being serious and not being my usual sarcastic self.

Traditions like this one make Christmas what it is. You go Wags!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:50 pm

Fuck Christma$ and lying to your children.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:01 pm

DWags wrote:So, for 20 years now I've been reading "Twas the night before Christmas" to my daughters on Christmas eve.  They're 20-17 this year, and I'll read it to them again.  

did you just invite me over to check out your yule log? Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:10 pm

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

I like it. Then again, you know you will get another kid saying they don’t have issues with their cat.

Anyone see the meme the other day... You should wrap empty presents under the tree. And when your kid is being a little shit, throw the present in the fire.

I love that idea. Santa dilemma - Page 3 502811600
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 pm

if I go over to the DWags house to celebrate the birth of Santa Claus, I'm gonna wear a suede blazer... maybe bring along some saltines.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:28 am

Dendrobates wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

I like it. Then again, you know you will get another kid saying they don’t have issues with their cat.

Anyone see the meme the other day... You should wrap empty presents under the tree. And when your kid is being a little shit, throw the present in the fire.

My luck I'd grab the wrong one and burn up an Xbox One or something.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:30 am

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

My luck I'd grab the wrong one and burn up an Xbox One or something.

The reason for the season is not material possessions Bee. I'll be praying for you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:09 am

Dendrobates wrote:

Just like I wanted to ignore the whole Santa Claus thing - my 3 1/2 year-old came home for preschool last week wondering why we did not have an elf on the shelf.  Apparently there is one in her classroom.

My response "Santa probably only sends those to the homes of kids where he is unsure if they are being naughty or good.  Santa probably knows how good you are and decided you did not need one."

My Christmas dilemma: In a moment I do not remember I picked up the box office flop "Escape From Planet Earth" from a bargain bin.  It has become my daughter's favorite movie. Her favorite character is an alien named Scorch Supernova.  What does she wanted for Christmas - a Scorch Supernova doll.  After scouring the internets, my wife explained to her that they really don't sell them.  To which my daughter replies "That's OK, Santa will make me one."

Of course when she asks shithead department store Santa to make her a Scorch Supernova doll, he says "no, problem."
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:11 am

3 1/2 year olds go to preschool?!?
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:40 am

MSU addict wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Just like I wanted to ignore the whole Santa Claus thing - my 3 1/2 year-old came home for preschool last week wondering why we did not have an elf on the shelf.  Apparently there is one in her classroom.

My response "Santa probably only sends those to the homes of kids where he is unsure if they are being naughty or good.  Santa probably knows how good you are and decided you did not need one."

My Christmas dilemma: In a moment I do not remember I picked up the box office flop "Escape From Planet Earth" from a bargain bin.  It has become my daughter's favorite movie. Her favorite character is an alien named Scorch Supernova.  What does she wanted for Christmas - a Scorch Supernova doll.  After scouring the internets, my wife explained to her that they really don't sell them.  To which my daughter replies "That's OK, Santa will make me one."

Of course when she asks shithead department store Santa to make her a Scorch Supernova doll, he says "no, problem."
what is an "Elf on the Shelf"?

I've heard of them.. but not sure what they are.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:15 am

MSU addict wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

I'm having a similar issue with my 8 year old. I think I posted it in another thread. He's big time into Pirates of the Caribbean right now. He literally put on his Christmas list that he wanted a "Pirate Ship in a tree". He envisions it having a zip line that runs from the top of the tree to our chain link fence. When I told him that was going to be difficult, he scoffed at me and said Santa is magic.

I've since been telling him that it's not something that Santa could even build over night and Santa would need to call in a team of engineers. Not sure where we currently stand.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:32 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:what is an "Elf on the Shelf"?

I am not sure when they started to be a thing (within the last 10 years):

The Elf on the Shelf®️: A Christmas Tradition includes a special Scout Elf sent from the North Pole to help Santa Claus manage his naughty and nice lists. When a family adopts a Scout Elf and gives it a name, the Scout Elf receives its Christmas magic and can fly to the North Pole each night to tell Santa Claus about all of the day's adventures.

Each morning, the Scout Elf returns to its family and perches in a different place to watch the fun. Children love to wake up and race around the house looking for their Scout Elf each morning. Click below to find a Scout Elf adoption center near you!

Some adults like to have fun with them:

Santa dilemma - Page 3 Elf110
Santa dilemma - Page 3 Elf210
Santa dilemma - Page 3 Elf410
Santa dilemma - Page 3 Elf310

That last one may be Kid Wok's house.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:36 am

I was terrified of ventriloquist's dummies and other weird dollies like that. This would not help. We had some elves that went in our tree, but nobody pretended they were sentient. Why would you want to give your kid a complex?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:46 am

Rocinante wrote:I was terrified of ventriloquist's dummies and other weird dollies like that. This would not help. We had some elves that went in our tree, but nobody pretended they were sentient. Why would you want to give your kid a complex?

Santa dilemma - Page 3 Creepy-ventriloquist-doll
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:46 am

Mr. Jingles!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:52 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

I'm having a similar issue with my 8 year old. I think I posted it in another thread. He's big time into Pirates of the Caribbean right now. He literally put on his Christmas list that he wanted a "Pirate Ship in a tree". He envisions it having a zip line that runs from the top of the tree to our chain link fence. When I told him that was going to be difficult, he scoffed at me and said Santa is magic.

I've since been telling him that it's not something that Santa could even build over night and Santa would need to call in a team of engineers. Not sure where we currently stand.
Santa dilemma - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:53 am

MSU addict wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:what is an "Elf on the Shelf"?

I am not sure when they started to be a thing (within the last 10 years):

The Elf on the Shelf®️: A Christmas Tradition includes a special Scout Elf sent from the North Pole to help Santa Claus manage his naughty and nice lists. When a family adopts a Scout Elf and gives it a name, the Scout Elf receives its Christmas magic and can fly to the North Pole each night to tell Santa Claus about all of the day's adventures.

Each morning, the Scout Elf returns to its family and perches in a different place to watch the fun. Children love to wake up and race around the house looking for their Scout Elf each morning. Click below to find a Scout Elf adoption center near you!

Some adults like to have fun with them:

Santa dilemma - Page 3 Elf110
Santa dilemma - Page 3 Elf210
Santa dilemma - Page 3 Elf410
Santa dilemma - Page 3 Elf310

That last one may be Kid Wok's house.
that is a downright frightening concept.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:53 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I was terrified of ventriloquist's dummies and other weird dollies like that. This would not help. We had some elves that went in our tree, but nobody pretended they were sentient. Why would you want to give your kid a complex?

Is that the one from Twilight Zone?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

There were two episodes with dummies. One was stupid, the other was downright scary.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:36 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Shit if I know. I just Googled creepy ventriloquist dolls.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:57 am

The elf on the shelf. Great idea, boomers. Kids should turn out great.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The elf on the shelf. Great idea, boomers. Kids should turn out great.
people are interesting.. Santa dilemma - Page 3 502811600

of course, I'm sure some folks are {gasp} shocked to learn that we have liquor bottled tied to our winter solstice tree. Santa dilemma - Page 3 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The elf on the shelf. Great idea, boomers. Kids should turn out great.
Boomers?

Not many of us in our fifties with little kids.

This is a Gen-X thing.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:30 pm

MSU addict wrote:
Boomers?

This is a Gen-X thing.

I stand corrected, but the point still remains.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 pm

MSU addict wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Well, I guess you could say Santa can’t always get you what you want.

I was told that every year Santa dilemma - Page 3 502811600
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 pm

MSU addict wrote:
Boomers?

This is a Gen-X thing.
nothing like a Boomer correcting a Millennial about Generation X'ers. Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:37 pm

The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition is a 2005 children's picture book, written by Carol Aebersold and her daughter Chanda Bell, and illustrated by Coë Steinwart. The book tells a Christmas-themed story, written in rhyme, that explains how Santa Claus knows who is naughty and who is nice. It describes elves visiting children between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, after which they return to the North Pole until the next holiday season. The Elf on the Shelf comes in a keepsake box that features a hardbound picture book and a small soft toy in the form of a pixie scout elf.
It seems it is a collaboration between Boomers and Millennials, keep us Gen Xer's out of your guys fucking shit up.
I'm assuming the mom is a boomer and the daughter is a millennial.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:41 pm

Right- I’d like to think a big part of why millennials can be the worst, is the elf on a shelf.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:57 pm

InTenSity wrote:
The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition is a 2005 children's picture book, written by Carol Aebersold and her daughter Chanda Bell, and illustrated by Coë Steinwart. The book tells a Christmas-themed story, written in rhyme, that explains how Santa Claus knows who is naughty and who is nice. It describes elves visiting children between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve, after which they return to the North Pole until the next holiday season. The Elf on the Shelf comes in a keepsake box that features a hardbound picture book and a small soft toy in the form of a pixie scout elf.
It seems it is a collaboration between Boomers and Millennials, keep us Gen Xer's out of your guys fucking shit up.
You wish.  Her twin daughters Chanda Bell and Christina Pitts were born in 1974.  Fucking gen-X'ers.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:07 pm

InTenSity wrote:

This. Our generation is cool as fuck. The rest of you assholes suck.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next