2018 Tigers Thread...

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-07-15, 16:01

kingstonlake wrote:If you're a Houston fan why would you throw a Verlander hit ball for a HR back into the field? JFC, he's probably gonna be a hall of famer. You wouldn't want that souvenir?

This. I still have a couple buckets of balls from junior high, half of or more of which were dropped into the Red Cedar by Kirk Gibson. I couldn’t prove the provenance of any of them, but at least they served me well for pickup games for the past 40 years.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27568
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-07-16, 17:19

avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20078
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-16, 18:41

avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-17, 20:28

The team you could put together called former tigers would be pretty good
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Death Roe on 2018-07-17, 20:29

Scherzer, man I miss him. About to win his 3rd straight Cy Young.
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11263
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-17, 20:30

Death Roe wrote:Scherzer, man I miss him. About to win his 3rd straight Cy Young.

Yeah I would have still paid him instead of JV and I love JV
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Death Roe on 2018-07-17, 20:32

aualum06 wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Scherzer, man I miss him. About to win his 3rd straight Cy Young.

Yeah I would have still paid him instead of JV and I love JV

Agreed. I was willing to do the same contract the Nationals did, Max had way more upside at the time and it shows.
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11263
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-17, 20:35

Death Roe wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Yeah I would have still paid him instead of JV and I love JV

Agreed. I was willing to do the same contract the Nationals did, Max had way more upside at the time and it shows.

Yep and there was also little reason to give Anibal the deal they gave him as well
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-07-17, 20:36

Death Roe wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Yeah I would have still paid him instead of JV and I love JV

Agreed. I was willing to do the same contract the Nationals did, Max had way more upside at the time and it shows.

IIRC, Scherzer wanted out of Detroit, but I may be misremembering.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27568
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Death Roe on 2018-07-17, 20:40

tGreenWay wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Agreed. I was willing to do the same contract the Nationals did, Max had way more upside at the time and it shows.

IIRC, Scherzer wanted out of Detroit, but I may be misremembering.

Probably right, especially since his agent is Scott Boras. IIRC the deal was $210 million over 7 years, but $105 of it was deferred to start after the deal was over at $15 million a year. Still not a bad deal to do considering the Mets will pay Bobby Bonilla for another what, 20 years?
avatar
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 11263
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Pants Pooper

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-17, 20:43

tGreenWay wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Agreed. I was willing to do the same contract the Nationals did, Max had way more upside at the time and it shows.

IIRC, Scherzer wanted out of Detroit, but I may be misremembering.

The extra 20 mil would have talked
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-17, 21:44

Jiminez gets a nice strike three call
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-07-19, 14:03

You guys I was just at Dunham’s and by some miracle they had an old “small d” fitted hat that was in my size and was old enough to not have the new era logo on it. I feel like I struck gold.
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19065
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 34
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by DWags on 2018-07-19, 14:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys I was just at Dunham’s and by some miracle they had an old “small d” fitted hat that was in my size and was old enough to not have the new era logo on it. I feel like I struck gold.
Niiiiiiiicccccceeeee!
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 28382
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-07-19, 14:12

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys I was just at Dunham’s and by some miracle they had an old “small d” fitted hat that was in my size and was old enough to not have the new era logo on it. I feel like I struck gold.
Niiiiiiiicccccceeeee!

I’m so happy about this right now.

Also the guy who had the key to their locked hat cabinet had already walked away (I think this is why they still had one that was so old) so when this one didn’t have a price tag on it, the dude gave it to me for $19. I don’t think he was aware that I would have to spend at least $100 for this gem on the hat black market.
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19065
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 34
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-07-19, 14:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys I was just at Dunham’s and by some miracle they had an old “small d” fitted hat that was in my size and was old enough to not have the new era logo on it. I feel like I struck gold.

Cue OTPT to let you know how he feels about old men that cling to the past.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-07-19, 15:01

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You guys I was just at Dunham’s and by some miracle they had an old “small d” fitted hat that was in my size and was old enough to not have the new era logo on it. I feel like I struck gold.

Cue OTPT to let you know how he feels about old men that cling to the past.

Duuuuuuuuude. Settle yourself.
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19065
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 34
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-07-19, 15:06

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Cue OTPT to let you know how he feels about old men that cling to the past.

Duuuuuuuuude. Settle yourself.

Because preferring a smaller logo on a hat is the same as questioning whether beer is beer because it has different flavors than light beer, and saying it belongs in the tampon isle. Rolling Eyes

Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25801
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by DWags on 2018-07-19, 15:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:
Niiiiiiiicccccceeeee!

I’m so happy about this right now.

Also the guy who had the key to their locked hat cabinet had already walked away (I think this is why they still had one that was so old) so when this one didn’t have a price tag on it, the dude gave it to me for $19. I don’t think he was aware that I would have to spend at least $100 for this gem on the hat black market.

I’m in between being happy for you and really bitter and jealous. Please treat it well.
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 28382
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-07-19, 15:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Duuuuuuuuude. Settle yourself.

Because preferring a smaller logo on a hat is the same as questioning whether beer is beer because it has different flavors than light beer, and saying it belongs in the tampon isle. Rolling Eyes

It doesn’t matter what you say otpt he’s going to get riled up about it somehow.

But seriously I’m just sitting here wearing my new hat I’m so excited
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19065
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 34
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-07-19, 15:17

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I’m so happy about this right now.

Also the guy who had the key to their locked hat cabinet had already walked away (I think this is why they still had one that was so old) so when this one didn’t have a price tag on it, the dude gave it to me for $19. I don’t think he was aware that I would have to spend at least $100 for this gem on the hat black market.

I’m in between being happy for you and really bitter and jealous. Please treat it well.

Previously I would wear these hats for golf or softball or whatever when it might get a little gross and sweaty... but this one will be treated like a precious commodity. I won’t hurt it.
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19065
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 34
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-19, 15:39

Anyone going to jack Morris or Alan Trammell day? Taking my dad and Grandpa to Alan Trammell end of August. Grandpa is 84 now so it will probably be his last trip.
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-07-19, 15:43

aualum06 wrote:Anyone going to jack Morris or Alan Trammell day? Taking my dad and Grandpa to Alan Trammell end of August. Grandpa is 84 now so it will probably be his last trip.

I was at Willie Horton day 2 weeks ago.

Note- I was certain that I had seen a picture of Willie Horton on top of a car pleading for sanity during the riot but upon googling later I think I may have made that picture up in my head.
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19065
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 34
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-19, 15:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Anyone going to jack Morris or Alan Trammell day? Taking my dad and Grandpa to Alan Trammell end of August. Grandpa is 84 now so it will probably be his last trip.

I was at Willie Horton day 2 weeks ago.

Note- I was certain that I had seen a picture of Willie Horton on top of a car pleading for sanity during the riot but upon googling later I think I may have made that picture up in my head.

Sweet, it has been a good bobblehead season for sure.
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-20, 22:01

Bases loaded no outs and zero runs, second half has officially begun
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-07-23, 23:30

The Tigers come back to win with 2 in the 8th and 3 in the 9th.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-07-23, 23:40

LooseGoose wrote:The Tigers come back to win with 2 in the 8th and 3 in the 9th.

Shocked I gave up on the game in the bottom of the eighth when the Royals had runners at second and third.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 27568
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Rocinante on 2018-07-23, 23:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Anyone going to jack Morris or Alan Trammell day? Taking my dad and Grandpa to Alan Trammell end of August. Grandpa is 84 now so it will probably be his last trip.

I was at Willie Horton day 2 weeks ago.

Note- I was certain that I had seen a picture of Willie Horton on top of a car pleading for sanity during the riot but upon googling later I think I may have made that picture up in my head.

You might be thinking of the John Conyers pic. I can’t pull it up now but it’s a famous one.
avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 14346
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-07-23, 23:59

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:The Tigers come back to win with 2 in the 8th and 3 in the 9th.

Shocked I gave up on the game in the bottom of the eighth when the Royals had runners at second and third.

The Candy Man made a great defensive play in the 8th then led off the 9th with a hit. I like that kid a lot, I think he's one of the foundations moving forward.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-07-28, 20:20

Jesus Christ. Have the over. Tigers bases loaded, 0 outs in the b7, heart of order coming up and can't get a run across. Hate.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20078
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-07-28, 20:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Jesus Christ. Have the over. Tigers bases loaded, 0 outs in the b7, heart of order coming up and can't get a run across. Hate.

Yeah that was a painful inning to watch.
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-28, 20:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Jesus Christ. Have the over. Tigers bases loaded, 0 outs in the b7, heart of order coming up and can't get a run across. Hate.

You are still betting the over with the tigers? Have you watched the second half last year and the first half this year?
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-07-28, 20:36

Sometimes I drink.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20078
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-07-29, 14:29

Tram gives his speech 2nd after Chipper Jones, who is speaking now. It's on MLB Network.
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 20078
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by steveschneider on 2018-07-29, 15:31

Hoping Lou is in next year. Would have been unbelievable had they made it the same year.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15322
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-29, 15:47

steveschneider wrote:Hoping Lou is in next year. Would have been unbelievable had they made it the same year.

I doubt Lou ever gets in, although I'm pretty surprised Morris made it. They are to busy putting in mediocre Yankees and Red Sox
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-07-29, 17:06

aualum06 wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Hoping Lou is in next year. Would have been unbelievable had they made it the same year.

I doubt Lou ever gets in, although I'm pretty surprised Morris made it. They are to busy putting in mediocre Yankees and Red Sox

Lou will be in within 5 years or in the next window he's eligible.    Right now he's one of the 2 or 3 most deserving that's not in.  (Excluding the Roiders)
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by steveschneider on 2018-07-29, 17:41

LooseGoose wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I doubt Lou ever gets in, although I'm pretty surprised Morris made it. They are to busy putting in mediocre Yankees and Red Sox

Lou will be in within 5 years or in the next window he's eligible.    Right now he's one of the 2 or 3 most deserving that's not in.  (Excluding the Roiders)
I think he makes it. Seeing so many tweets today that he’s next from respected baseball analysts. I think trammel induction really hammered it home that Lou should be there.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15322
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by aualum06 on 2018-07-29, 18:38

LooseGoose wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

I doubt Lou ever gets in, although I'm pretty surprised Morris made it. They are to busy putting in mediocre Yankees and Red Sox

Lou will be in within 5 years or in the next window he's eligible.    Right now he's one of the 2 or 3 most deserving that's not in.  (Excluding the Roiders)

The thing about the roiders is they've let some of them in so the stand the writers are taking on that one is asinine as well. Baseball writers suck, best pitcher of the 80s and he doesn't enough sniff their vote. Lol. You guys may be right, Lou probably gets in but Lou, Tram, and Jack should have been in long ago.
avatar
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 5228
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-07-29, 18:44

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Lou will be in within 5 years or in the next window he's eligible.    Right now he's one of the 2 or 3 most deserving that's not in.  (Excluding the Roiders)

The thing about the roiders is they've let some of them in so the stand the writers are taking on that one is asinine as well. Baseball writers suck, best pitcher of the 80s and he doesn't enough sniff their vote. Lol. You guys may be right, Lou probably gets in but Lou, Tram, and Jack should have been in long ago.

I agree with you, but I'm an open Hall guy. Selig and all the owners knew those guys were on something but loved the ratings the HRs brought. I think Pete Rose and Shoeless Joe should be in too. Probably Curt Flood too if you count the impact on the game.

After Lou the most deserving Tigers not in are Mickey Lolich and Bill Freehan.

avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 41791
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 98
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: 2018 Tigers Thread...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum