Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just can't figure Democrats out. Are they actually dumber than Republican's?

+7
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
TheReal_LWS
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I just can't figure Democrats out.  Are they actually dumber than Republican's? - Page 2 Empty Re: I just can't figure Democrats out. Are they actually dumber than Republican's?

Post by Cameron 2017-12-13, 14:59

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Can you blame the GOP for thinking Moore would win despite all the bullshit? Most of us thought they were right. After the last election cycle, I think assuming that Alabama's electorate wasn't going to be repulsed by Moore's past was rather reasonable.

I really think the DNC might be stupider than the GOP. Say what you will about the GOP, but those craven fucks are shrewd as hell. They're like a snake oil salesman that never leaves town and keeps making sales. It's crazy, but perhaps its starting to turn.

I can't find anything smart about supporting a child molester to win a seat in the senate. Not only did he lose, but it has stained the party and will cost them in 2018. I've never seen self inflicted blunder after blunder like the Republican party is currently doing to them selves.

I wouldn't call it stupid, though, I'd call it brazen. I think they, like many of us, were beginning to wonder if there were any lines left that they could cross and lose an election. Turns out there are, which is too surprising to be much of a relief just yet, if you ask me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I just can't figure Democrats out.  Are they actually dumber than Republican's? - Page 2 Empty Re: I just can't figure Democrats out. Are they actually dumber than Republican's?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-12-13, 15:16

Cameron wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
my problem with the Democratic party recently is that they have a moral conscience. That's a good thing, obviously - but the "when they go low, we stay high" approach isn't overly effective when your opponents are racist, sexist, bigoted misogynists whose supporters are as immoral as they are.

last night in Alabama was refreshing, though - I think (hope?) it showed America is craving a leader and party that is respectful, humble, intellectual and dignified. To that end, even Alabama had to go with the Democrat. Good for them.

Always makes me think of this:
until the right gets rid of their sexual predator leader, Democrats are certainly the ones taking the high road.

I just can't figure Democrats out.  Are they actually dumber than Republican's? - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-12-13, 16:10

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I can't find anything smart about supporting a child molester to win a seat in the senate. Not only did he lose, but it has stained the party and will cost them in 2018.  I've never seen self inflicted blunder after blunder like the Republican party is currently doing to them selves.

I wouldn't call it stupid, though, I'd call it brazen. I think they, like many of us, were beginning to wonder if there were any lines left that they could cross and lose an election. Turns out there are, which is too surprising to be much of a relief just yet, if you ask me.

The economy is doing so well right now. If Trump could just stfu, and put forth a few symbolic gestures every now and then to unite the country the guy would probably be a slam dunk to win a re-election and have a pretty decent approval rating. It sounds simple, but for him it clearly is not.

One year in and I've seen nothing but incompetence, stupidity and self inflicted blunder after blunder that is going to cost them in 2017 and the damage will only get worse in 2018.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-13, 16:21

I guess my point is this. The door is wide open for democrats to grab Washington for a long time and hold on to it. At Americans core i truly believe they more relate to Democrats on social issues with an exception being abortion maybe. Now....just make strides to balance the budget. sure some cuts are going to be made to traditional Dem causes. You won't lose the minority vote, ain't gonna happen. We know damn well sure R's aren't going to court it. Their best strategy was "what do you have to lose'? LOL. What does that leave R's with to campaign on? Nothing really. A single issue. Abortion. maybe defense. Balancing the budget neuters the GOP. They will always fall back on Dem's being fiscally irresponsible if available and it does resonate. Hell, I'm a lefty and it bothers me. What I'm saying is the opportunity is there.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-13, 16:33

kingstonlake wrote:I guess my point is this. The door is wide open for democrats to grab Washington for a long time and hold on to it. At Americans core i truly believe they more relate to Democrats on social issues with an exception being abortion maybe. Now....just make strides to balance the budget. sure some cuts are going to be made to traditional Dem causes. You won't lose the minority vote, ain't gonna happen. We know damn well sure R's aren't going to court it. Their best strategy was "what do you have to lose'? LOL. What does that leave R's with to campaign on? Nothing really. A single issue. Abortion. maybe defense. Balancing the budget neuters the GOP. They will always fall back on Dem's being fiscally irresponsible if available and it does resonate. Hell, I'm a lefty and it bothers me. What I'm saying is the opportunity is there.

Even from a purely strategy perspective and ignoring the whole thread where multiple people disagree with that viewpoint.... but purely strategy you’re way overstating how many people actually give a shit about those fiscal issues when they vote and you’re way way way understating the number of minority votes you stand to lose. Which.... on the day after a Democrat won a senate race in Alabama is kind of astounding. You don’t need to “lose” minorities to republicans for it to be a terrible idea. You just need them not to go vote at all for anyone. That’s not a good assumption at all dude.

Also I’m not really sure why you’ve branded Democrats as fiscally irresponsible or in your head other than buying fox propaganda. Yeah, they’d rather have social programs that cost relatively small amounts when you compare it to republicans that are actively trying to pass a tax cut that’s going to cost 1.5 trillion. If the deficit really bothers you that much you’d think that that would be a significantly larger worry at the moment.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-13, 17:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I guess my point is this. The door is wide open for democrats to grab Washington for a long time and hold on to it. At Americans core i truly believe they more relate to Democrats on social issues with an exception being abortion maybe. Now....just make strides to balance the budget. sure some cuts are going to be made to traditional Dem causes. You won't lose the minority vote, ain't gonna happen. We know damn well sure R's aren't going to court it. Their best strategy was "what do you have to lose'? LOL. What does that leave R's with to campaign on? Nothing really. A single issue. Abortion. maybe defense. Balancing the budget neuters the GOP. They will always fall back on Dem's being fiscally irresponsible if available and it does resonate. Hell, I'm a lefty and it bothers me. What I'm saying is the opportunity is there.

Even from a purely strategy perspective and ignoring the whole thread where multiple people disagree with that viewpoint.... but purely strategy you’re way overstating how many people actually give a shit about those fiscal issues when they vote and you’re way way way understating the number of minority votes you stand to lose. Which.... on the day after a Democrat won a senate race in Alabama is kind of astounding. You don’t need to “lose” minorities to republicans for it to be a terrible idea. You just need them not to go vote at all for anyone. That’s not a good assumption at all dude.

Also I’m not really sure why you’ve branded Democrats as fiscally irresponsible or in your head other than buying fox propaganda. Yeah, they’d rather have social programs that cost relatively small amounts when you compare it to republicans that are actively trying to pass a tax cut that’s going to cost 1.5 trillion. If the deficit really bothers you that much you’d think that that would be a significantly larger worry at the moment.

lol. everything is a contest with you isn't? lol, I don't get that. It's clear you are content with status quo. Its us vs them. and that type of thinking will continue the cycle and everyone loses. evolve or die. And in politics dying is letting a guy like trump actually win the oval office. Blame racists religious zealots etc. the left is just as responsible for him getting elected as the right. But you continue with that line of thinking. You're on record as not being interested in bi-partisanship. Don't want dem programs fiscally accountable. And don't tell me your not in Washington so its not your job. It is, you help elect those that are there. it's about winning is all you seem to be concerned about.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-13, 17:06

Jesus. All right dude. Fine. Everyone will love everything if they just bend to exactly what you want it to be and there’s no reason why they don’t just do that. Cool.

But, since we’re just repeating ourselves, is there any particular reason why you don’t think minorities wouldn’t vote for them any more? Do you think they wouldn’t figure it out or something Kingston? Why do they vote for them in the first place? Further, is there some particular reason why you think that democrats are fiscally irresponsible other than it’s a republican talking point and you’ve bought it?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-13, 17:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Jesus. All right dude. Fine. Everyone will love everything if they just bend to exactly what you want it to be and there’s no reason why they don’t just do that. Cool.

But, since we’re just repeating ourselves, is there any particular reason why you don’t think minorities wouldn’t vote for them any more? Do you think they wouldn’t figure it out or something Kingston? Why do they vote for them in the first place? Further, is there some particular reason why you think that democrats are fiscally irresponsible other than it’s a republican talking point and you’ve bought it?

If you're opposed to Democrats adopting a strategy of focusing more on fiscal responsibility, it's ok.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-12-13, 17:16

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Jesus. All right dude. Fine. Everyone will love everything if they just bend to exactly what you want it to be and there’s no reason why they don’t just do that. Cool.

If you're opposed to Democrats adopting a strategy of focusing more on fiscal responsibility, it's ok.

All right I’m pretty sure you just don’t really know. Cool.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-13, 17:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

All right I’m pretty sure you just don’t really know. Cool.

No worries. Carry on.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-12-13, 18:10

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Look at the results from Virginia and Alabama...all indicators show that the Dems are setting up for a tidal wave in 2018. Believe it or not Polling shows that even the senate is up for grabs. Not sure how much the Dems really need to shift.
The only thing the Democrats are doing to cause that is to be Not Trump.  They can absolutely take advantage of the Not Trump platform next year, but that doesn't mean that their message is connecting with more Americans.

Very true. Not being Trump will only get Dem's so far.  It won't be lasting.  It's what got him elected this cycle.  He wasn't Hillary and he wasn't Obama.  In the end you have an empty suit who won't get re-elected and might cost the right the house and possibly the senate.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-13, 19:11

Want trump just not Obama? We literally elected someone because Republicans were not Obama's.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2