Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow, I'm giving it up to Hondo, he nailed it in regards to Kithier.

+15
Death Roe
Space Lord
y2kMgrad
NigelUno
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
SawGreen
goodbar
Clarett's Folly
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
DWags
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wow, I'm giving it up to Hondo, he nailed it in regards to Kithier. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, I'm giving it up to Hondo, he nailed it in regards to Kithier.

Post by msuspartan4eva Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 14:17

But...it's about the KIDS. Evil or Very Mad

msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Wow, I'm giving it up to Hondo, he nailed it in regards to Kithier. - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, I'm giving it up to Hondo, he nailed it in regards to Kithier.

Post by DWags Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 14:50

Lets get this straight, I don't give a rats ass about this particular kid either playing or not playing for Clarkston.    

I always advised central office, every transfer out to sign the fucking paper.  Every damn time.  Without exception.  Even if you saw a kid grow with exceptional work of your coaches, why wouldn't you?  What, exactly, do you gain?  Kid stays at your school and plays.  Is he happy?  Are his parents happy?   You also put a huge target on your back.  Bullseye.    And you better have real good friends.  Know why?  Cause adults are assholes.   And they don't care they're using kids to gain their revenge.   Dakota, will, get this paid back by some other jackass from some other school, that says "fuck you I"m not signing, those are the rules".  Meantime, you have these kids who have to cash the check their dumb ass adults in their life wrote.   

I just want to see Fusco and Rashid have to testify in court finally. They're two of the biggest assholes who have manipulated rules their whole career and have always done so to help the catholic league or themselves or their friends.  The kid will be at MSU enjoying a final four run and enjoying our campus when these two idiots plus the Dakota administration get put on the stand, but it's still going to be fun.  

Best thing is, this mom really did do the research in finding schools for an academic transfer.   It was the only legit academic transfer of the four that left Dakota's basketball program.  And, the kid has the math class he wanted, plus the production class.  Bball glory will await him at MSU.   Good for him and his family.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 14:51

If i give 0 fucks about this am i a bad fan?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 14:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If i give 0 fucks about this am i a bad fan?

Fan?  No.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 15:03

Herbie Green wrote: Sometimes in life you have to follow rules whether you agree with them or not.  You are always better off telling the truth.  You can't always just pack up and leave when the going gets tough.  It is often better to take the high road than lashing out publicly and embarrassing yourself.

And people wonder why I'm #TeamHerbie

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 15:08

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Oh, Herbie.

You have to dig a little deeper.

Selective enforcement of the rules and AD's signing off on some transfers and not others is the story.  That's not a homer take...it's reality.    

It's cute that you're trying to be some bright eyed visionary for the sake of argument.  But, pick another topic.  

Sorry Nigel, but you don't get to pick the topics I am allowed to post on.

I'm just advising you that your visionary thoughts are better served with subjective (albeit usually wrong) posts.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 16:03

Herbie Green wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The spirit of modern basketball from aau, college, nba and even the Olympics is all about forming super teams.

It’s a teachable moment that carries over to the business world. Farmers compete against corporate farms. Mom and pop grocery stores compete with Walmart and Target. Small time retailers compete with amazon. On so many levels this is just how life works.

Seems to be more of a teachable moment for the Kithiers and Clarkston.  Sometimes in life you have to follow rules whether you agree with them or not.  You are always better off telling the truth.  You can't always just pack up and leave when the going gets tough.  It is often better to take the high road than lashing out publicly and embarrassing yourself.

That's such bullshit. There are so many athletes that have beaten the crap out of women, raped women or committed some other act of violence and have been allowed to suit up. Happens all the time in the pros and college and I bet if I spent time googling it I could find examples in High School sports as well.

I would take your talk about the rules seriously if there weren't countless examples where officials have just 'looked the other' way at far more serious offenses.

Last edited by steveschneider on Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 16:51; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 19 Dec 2017 - 16:27

[quote="steveschneider"]

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 6:59

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Sorry Nigel, but you don't get to pick the topics I am allowed to post on.

I'm just advising you that your visionary thoughts are better served with subjective (albeit usually wrong) posts.  

Sorry if you got your little green feelings hurt
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 7:02

http://www.themorningsun.com/sports/20171219/harrisons-minnoy-suspended-for-all-the-wrong-reasons
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 7:33

DWags wrote:Lets get this straight, I don't give a rats ass about this particular kid either playing or not playing for Clarkston.    

I always advised central office, every transfer out to sign the fucking paper.  Every damn time.  Without exception.  Even if you saw a kid grow with exceptional work of your coaches, why wouldn't you?  What, exactly, do you gain?  Kid stays at your school and plays.  Is he happy?  Are his parents happy?   You also put a huge target on your back.  Bullseye.    And you better have real good friends.  Know why?  Cause adults are assholes.   And they don't care they're using kids to gain their revenge.   Dakota, will, get this paid back by some other jackass from some other school, that says "fuck you I"m not signing, those are the rules".  Meantime, you have these kids who have to cash the check their dumb ass adults in their life wrote.   

I just want to see Fusco and Rashid have to testify in court finally. They're two of the biggest assholes who have manipulated rules their whole career and have always done so to help the catholic league or themselves or their friends.  The kid will be at MSU enjoying a final four run and enjoying our campus when these two idiots plus the Dakota administration get put on the stand, but it's still going to be fun.  

Best thing is, this mom really did do the research in finding schools for an academic transfer.   It was the only legit academic transfer of the four that left Dakota's basketball program.  And, the kid has the math class he wanted, plus the production class.  Bball glory will await him at MSU.   Good for him and his family.

So you would advise your staff to flat out lie?  In my work I would never even think about signing something attesting to something I knew was wrong.  Even lost a job over it.  I think Dakota did the right thing even if they didn't agree with the rule.

I can't believe you are so gullible to buy this academic transfer.  If that is the main reason then why is mom so upset?  He is in fact going to that great school and thriving.  If it was important to play basketball then she should have sent him to a high school that didn't have his AAU teammates on it so he would be eligible to play.  Which would have been every single other school district in the state.  But I guess you believe that just by some crazy fluke the one school that fit his academic desires also happened to to be the one team that has his AAU teammates on it and is defending state champions.

The biggest lesson I forgot to mention - do your research before making a big decision.  Mom apparently did all this academic research  but now is all upset about basketball.  It wouldn't have taken much time to discover he could be ineligible.  Clarkston staff must have damn well known the rule so I hope they alerted them to this risk.  It is all about the kid right?

I would hope the judge immediately dismissed this case.  I don't see any legal grounds.  And why is this Dakota coach so evil and Fife a saint?  I will take your word for it but I was very disappointed to learn that the Clarkston team was built with transfers.  Takes a lot of luster off that state championship story for me.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 7:40

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

It really doesn't matter to me where he plays. I'm not sure how my feelings could be hurt...that doesn't really make sense.

I'm glad you've taken the side of oppression though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 7:47

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:Lets get this straight, I don't give a rats ass about this particular kid either playing or not playing for Clarkston.    

So you would advise your staff to flat out lie?  In my work I would never even think about signing something attesting to something I knew was wrong.  Even lost a job over it.  I think Dakota did the right thing even if they didn't agree with the rule.

I can't believe you are so gullible to buy this academic transfer.  If that is the main reason then why is mom so upset?  He is in fact going to that great school and thriving.  If it was important to play basketball then she should have sent him to a high school that didn't have his AAU teammates on it so he would be eligible to play.  Which would have been every single other school district in the state.  But I guess you believe that just by some crazy fluke the one school that fit his academic desires also happened to to be the one team that has his AAU teammates on it and is defending state champions.

The biggest lesson I forgot to mention - do your research before making a big decision.  Mom apparently did all this academic research  but now is all upset about basketball.  It wouldn't have taken much time to discover he could be ineligible.  Clarkston staff must have damn well known the rule so I hope they alerted them to this risk.  It is all about the kid right?

I would hope the judge immediately dismissed this case.  I don't see any legal grounds.  And why is this Dakota coach so evil and Fife a saint?  I will take your word for it but I was very disappointed to learn that the Clarkston team was built with transfers.  Takes a lot of luster off that state championship story for me.

Wow, I'm giving it up to Hondo, he nailed it in regards to Kithier. - Page 2 502811600

Would you be OK with a rule that made coaches sit out a year every time they transferred to a new school for athletic reasons?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 7:52

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

It really doesn't matter to me where he plays. I'm not sure how my feelings could be hurt...that doesn't really make sense.

I'm glad you've taken the side of oppression though.

Nigel, what's the pic in your avatar?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 7:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:Hondo likes transfers about as much as he likes grammar.
I still haven't gotten final word on whether or not he's a graduate of Michigan State University..

Wow, I'm giving it up to Hondo, he nailed it in regards to Kithier. - Page 2 Giphy

"please, lawd jesus.. no"...

Other than being our resident fanboy/ "journalist", Hondo has no affiliation with Michigan State University.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 8:03

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Wow, I'm giving it up to Hondo, he nailed it in regards to Kithier. - Page 2 502811600

Would you be OK with a rule that made coaches sit out a year every time they transferred to a new school for athletic reasons?

If there was such a rule in place and I was,a coach switching jobs I wouldn't sign a form saying that I hadn't coached at another school in the last year.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 8:03

Clarett's Folly wrote:

A street in downtown Atlanta during the Great Slush Apocalypse 2017.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 8:04

Oh wait,

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 8:05

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

If there was such a rule in place and I was,a coach switching jobs I wouldn't sign a form saying that I hadn't coached at another school in the last year.

You didn't really answer the question.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 8:14

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Try to figure it out.  You are talking about what the rules should be whereas my posts revolve around what the rules actually are whether I agree with them or not.  Put on your thinking cap and see if you can catch up to yesterday
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 8:26

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Try to figure it out.  You are talking about what the rules should be whereas my posts revolve around what the rules actually are whether I agree with them or not.  Put on your thinking cap and see if you can catch up to yesterday

Any particular reason you refuse to answer the question?

Doesn't seem all the difficult, but I don't want to make your head hurt.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 8:28

NigelUno wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

A street in downtown Atlanta during the Great Slush Apocalypse 2017.

Ha! Awesome.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 9:00

Herbie is white hot in this thread, poor Nigel.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 9:11

LooseGoose wrote:Herbie is white hot in this thread, poor Nigel.

I know, right?

It's kind of like when you refuse to answer direct questions and/or swerve...

You guys should form a club or something.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 9:19

Yeah, so I literally don't care about any of this fake news stuff. Whatever.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 9:26

Herbie Green wrote:

So Herbie, why do you think that school signed off on three of the four transfers?  That’s what they’ll have to explain. That’s all.

Also, if the mom was so upset about basketball the kid would currently be playing on a top AAU team.  He’s not. She’s into education. That’s the cool part about that family. You can’t wrap your mind around that. Kids at the school taking his classes. He’s not down playing on the AAU team JJ was on last year.  Grab a clue Herbie. No, forget i said that.

You sign the letters because you care about the kid. Not to high five your colleague and say, “we were able to screw that family because we could”. I have no doubt you wouldn’t because you’d find something in a clause that says you don’t have to and you’d have no problem with it.  But you don’t need a reason to ever sign those letters. You can sign them absent of reason. Only the true assholes don’t.  I guess you’re saying that by not signing that letter it’s helping this kid.  I don’t see that, but my mind doesn’t work like yours.

Last edited by DWags on Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 10:02; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 9:36

DWags wrote: I don’t see that, but my mind doesn’t work like yours.

There's no reason to be ashamed Wags, few minds do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 9:38

I’d like to say high school sports suck. Ok carry on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 10:33

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Because it is irrelevant and I don't care.  But if you are really unable to focus on anything but your stupid irrelevant question - it was a week ago that I pointed out to you the stupidity of expecting the same rules for a paid professional at a high school and a student
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 10:35

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Because it is irrelevant and I don't care.  But if you are really unable to focus on anything but your stupid irrelevant question - it was a week ago that I pointed out to you the stupidity of expecting the same rules for a paid professional at a high school and a student

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 10:41

DWags wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

So Herbie, why do you think that school signed off on three of the four transfers?  That’s what they’ll have to explain. That’s all.

Also, if the mom was so upset about basketball the kid would currently be playing on a top AAU team.  He’s not. She’s into education. That’s the cool part about that family. You can’t wrap your mind around that. Kids at the school taking his classes. He’s not down playing on the AAU team JJ was on last year.  Grab a clue Herbie. No, forget i said that.

You sign the letters because you care about the kid. Not to high five your colleague and say, “we were able to screw that family because we could”. I have no doubt you wouldn’t because you’d find something in a clause that says you don’t have to and you’d have no problem with it.  But you don’t need a reason to ever sign those letters. You can sign them absent of reason. Only the true assholes don’t.  I guess you’re saying that by not signing that letter it’s helping this kid.  I don’t see that, but my mind doesn’t work like yours.

They say there are less than 10 such cases a year so what you are doing is not unique.  This might even be the first time Dakota pulled this.

If Kithier had just played for Michigan Mustangs then there would be nothing that could be done about it even if it is obvious the move was athletically motivated.

But in this case you have defending state champs, future teammates at MSU, and AAU teammates.  These facts were already all over the newspapers.  It seems people are pointing to the MHSAA about "If they had any balls".  Well the MHSAA might have very well put Dakota right on the spot in an ethical dilemna.  When the MHSAA heard it was Kithiers they were just appalled at such a blatant athletically motivated transfer and had a specific rule with public facts supporting its known violation.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 10:46

Loyalty is a one way street in HerbieLand.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:16

Hondo makes some good points and he works hard to develop contacts.

However he's in dire need of an editor, some writing classes or both.

Use of letting the cat out of the bag and can't put the toothpaste back into the tube in the same paragraph might get you a C- in 9th grade.

I won't be too hard on Tom Kithier's mom. It never dawned on her the same school district that regualrly approved transfer requests of at least one well known football player (Shane Morris) to leave and numerous transfer request of basketball players, football players and wrestlers to move into the district to participate in Dakota's varsity teams would deny the Kithier's request on athletic grounds.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:17

Sorry Herbie, you are as bad as Hondo if you are using Dakota athletics and ethical dilemma in the same sentence.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:27

GRR Spartan wrote:Sorry Herbie, you are as bad as Hondo if you are using Dakota athletics and ethical dilemma in the same sentence.

See the form.  Yes indeed it was Dakota that had to knowingly lie to sign it, regardless of what you think of their practices in other cases.  I am talking about this one.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:41

Its too bad Dance Fever was cancelled Herbie.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 11:41

Herbie Green wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Sorry Herbie, you are as bad as Hondo if you are using Dakota athletics and ethical dilemma in the same sentence.

See the form.  Yes indeed it was Dakota that had to knowingly lie to sign it, regardless of what you think of their practices in other cases.  I am talking about this one.

Wow, I'm giving it up to Hondo, he nailed it in regards to Kithier. - Page 2 Burn_Logo_1_6_highres
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 12:02

Herbie Green wrote:
DWags wrote:

They say there are less than 10 such cases a year so what you are doing is not unique.  This might even be the first time Dakota pulled this.

If Kithier had just played for Michigan Mustangs then there would be nothing that could be done about it even if it is obvious the move was athletically motivated.

But in this case you have defending state champs, future teammates at MSU, and AAU teammates.  These facts were already all over the newspapers.  It seems people are pointing to the MHSAA about "If they had any balls".  Well the MHSAA might have very well put Dakota right on the spot in an ethical dilemna.  When the MHSAA heard it was Kithiers they were just appalled at such a blatant athletically motivated transfer and had a specific rule with public facts supporting its known violation.

Serious? Class tech has 11 transfers. All great football players. Rule wasn’t applied. Not. Once. Zero.

Dakota took tyriq Jones Jermaine Jackson jr and Charles Penn from Mt. Clemens. Then last year took Jack Ballyntine from De La Salle last year. Rule wasn’t applied by Rashid of the mhsaa to Dakota and his long time friend Fusco. West Bloomfield had five transfers on their roster for their state final run in football. Rashid took no action.

Ten a year? You really don’t know what you’re talking about do you? These guys at Dakota, and their coach who has a son in the team are the biggest c-unts in metro Detroit they have an asshole friend at the mhsaa and they always get their way.

I could care less if this kid plays Herbie, but you can’t apply the rule in such an arbitrary and capricious manner and not have some kind of consequence.

And as an administrator your number one job is to help the kid. Period. I’m still waiting for these assholes to say how this helped. I know that doesn’t matter to you Herbie you don’t have to say “but the rule”. I get where you are on this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 12:04

NigelUno wrote:Loyalty is a one way street in HerbieLand.  

Poor Nigel.  Unable to focus on anything but his stupid irrelevant point I have no interest in discussing that you continue to try to directly attribute to me.  Will you be able to move on in your next post?  I put it at 10-1  Wow, I'm giving it up to Hondo, he nailed it in regards to Kithier. - Page 2 502811600
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Dec 2017 - 12:14

Wow, I'm giving it up to Hondo, he nailed it in regards to Kithier. - Page 2 9k=
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next