What’s Bannon’s angle? (Edit: major excerpt from new book about Trump presidency released)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What’s Bannon’s angle? (Edit: major excerpt from new book about Trump presidency released)

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 11:15

"The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor -- with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers," Bannon continued, according to the Guardian. "Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad s***, and I happen to think it's all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately."

Bannon also reportedly told Wolff that special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into the Trump campaign's potential ties to Russia is centered on money laundering, saying that the White House is "sitting on a beach trying to stop a Category Five" hurricane.

“You realize where this is going ... This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose (senior prosecutor Andrew) Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy," Bannon reportedly said. "Their path to f***ing Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr., and Jared Kushner ... It's as plain as a hair on your face."

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politics/bannon-wolff-fire-and-fury/index.html

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 14:07; edited 1 time in total

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: What’s Bannon’s angle? (Edit: major excerpt from new book about Trump presidency released)

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-03, 11:20

Either, he wants to insulate the president and say that he's the victim of having a bad team, or he wants to reset the game and go back to finding his next Jeff Sessions (who he wanted to run but was handed Trump).

Or maybe he's just trying to sell books and that's all he cares about anymore.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: What’s Bannon’s angle? (Edit: major excerpt from new book about Trump presidency released)

Post by steveschneider on 2018-01-03, 11:43

I think the guy is an idiot. How much longer will the Mercers keep funding this slob?
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 14:11

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff--and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

It’s long. It makes Trump look really bad. I think it does cast doubt - without other information - on the collusion story. Not only does the Trump team appear to be too dysfunctional and incompetent, why collude if the motivation to run was not to win?

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 14:14

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-01-03, 14:21

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/us/politics/trump-statement-steve-bannon.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Pure gold. This is going to be amazing watching these two assholes tear eachother apart.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 14:44

Don Jr tweets, “Wow, Just looked at the comments section on Breitbart. Wow. When Bannon has lost Breitbart, he’s left with . . . umm, nothing.”

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-03, 15:16

Turtleneck wrote:http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/michael-wolff--and-fury-book-donald-trump.html

It’s long. It makes Trump look really bad. I think it does cast doubt - without other information - on the collusion story. Not only does the Trump team appear to be too dysfunctional and incompetent, why collude if the motivation to run was not to win?

I respectfully submit it's not the book that makes Trump look bad. Trump makes Trump look bad.
Also, go fuck yourself.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-03, 15:17

Turtleneck wrote:Don Jr tweets, “Wow, Just looked at the comments section on Breitbart. Wow. When Bannon has lost Breitbart, he’s left with . . . umm, nothing.”

Theyre turning on each other. Beautiful.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-03, 15:20

Also, I wonder how many of those comments are Russian bots or trolls designed by Putin to keep the chaos at high levels.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2018-01-03, 15:30

Bringing this out to sell books seems way too drastic and unnecessary right?

No one has accused him of involvement in the FBI case.

So ...what is the point?
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-03, 15:31

I would not be surprised if Bannon's angle is to throw a shit ton of disinformation in to the mix to muddy the water Ah-la the "maze of mirrors" approach the russians use. It works often. Although it doesn't normally play out in the headlines.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2018-01-03, 15:41

Rocinante wrote:I would not be surprised if Bannon's angle is to throw a shit ton of disinformation in to the mix to muddy the water Ah-la the "maze of mirrors" approach the russians use. It works often. Although it doesn't normally play out in the headlines.

I could see him doing that. But still... why?
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-03, 15:52

Dendrobates wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I would not be surprised if Bannon's angle is to throw a shit ton of disinformation in to the mix to muddy the water Ah-la the "maze of mirrors" approach the russians use. It works often. Although it doesn't normally play out in the headlines.

The confusion is the goal. If you can get the public's attention off it because it seems too confusing, you can start the drum beat to "move on".

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2018-01-03, 15:55

Rocinante wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

The confusion is the goal. If you can get the public's attention off it because it seems too confusing, you can start the drum beat to "move on".

God I hate these fuckers
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-03, 15:59

It could be the beast is just eating itself too. Bannon isn't a genius. I've listened to enough interviews with him that I'm pretty sure he's your typical above average intelligence bro with a randian ubermensch complex.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 16:04

Bannon is genuinely unhappy with the administration. Not enough ‘burn it all down’ is happening for Bannon’s taste, and he is disappointed. I imagine Bannon sees Trump as caving to the establishment GOP.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-03, 16:14

Turtleneck wrote:Bannon is genuinely unhappy with the administration. Not enough ‘burn it all down’ is happening for Bannon’s taste, and he is disappointed. I imagine Bannon sees Trump as caving to the establishment GOP.

So here's the thing about that. I heard a long interview with him from the NYT just before the AL election, and he didn't seem that way at all. He seemed all in on how the American people would see through their better lives how Trump is the right guy and he would win again and there's be a dynasty of Trumpian bullshit for decades to come. So... yeah.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2018-01-03, 16:20

Turtleneck wrote:Bannon is genuinely unhappy with the administration. Not enough ‘burn it all down’ is happening for Bannon’s taste, and he is disappointed. I imagine Bannon sees Trump as caving to the establishment GOP.
I could see this. Not sure if anyone else read some of the links. He didn't know anything about healthcare or even care about it. If any or parts of this is true, it is pretty damning. I wonder what Hillary is getting blasted about on Fox News right now.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-01-03, 16:23

InTenSity wrote:
I could see this. Not sure if anyone else read some of the links. He didn't know anything about healthcare or even care about it. If any or parts of this is true, it is pretty damning. I wonder what Hillary is getting blasted about on Fox News right now.
I got you.

Literally fire tho

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/03/no-injuries-after-fire-at-clintons-new-york-property.html

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2018-01-03, 16:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
I got you.

Literally fire tho

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/03/no-injuries-after-fire-at-clintons-new-york-property.html

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2018-01-03, 17:06

Well, I guess in time we will find out if Bannon is telling the truth.

None of it will surprise me . But I won’t be accepting anything he says as truth.

Maybe Bannons just an anarchist.
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 17:16

Rocinante wrote:

So here's the thing about that. I heard a long interview with him from the NYT just before the AL election, and he didn't seem that way at all. He seemed all in on how the American people would see through their better lives how Trump is the right guy and he would win again and there's be a dynasty of Trumpian bullshit for decades to come. So... yeah.

On the eve of the Alabama election, I am sure Bannon was singing Trump's praises in public (in an effort to affiliate Moore with a president who is popular among Alabama voters). However, if you read the New York Magazine article, it does not seem like anybody, Bannon included, ever had faith in Trump. It appears Bannon was always trying to pull Trump away from Murdoch and more conventional GOP forces. So what did Bannon see in Trump? A guy who came with a brand, would go against the grain, and would make for an easy pawn in Bannon's game (because Trump's politics aligned with Bannon's, and Trump is both incompetent and impressionable).

With the exception of a couple of people, the most visible nutjob populists have been purged from Trump's White House. I think this upsets Bannon, who said the Trump presidency was "over" shortly after he fired last fall. While he is certainly happy about legislative achievements thus far, I am sure he is disappointed by the small quantity of achievements and how long his "revolution" is taking under Trump's leadership.

As an isolationist, no way he he is happy about how Trump is handling North Korea, or how the U.S. will apparently remain in Afghanistan until the end of time. Overall, I think foreign affairs is where Bannon is most upset. For Bannon, Trump needs to accelerate U.S. nationalism and move from rhetoric to action.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 17:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
I got you.

Literally fire tho

Did her server overheat? Was it caused by an accident occurring during the destruction of classified material?

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 17:18

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-03, 17:30

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

On the eve of the Alabama election, I am sure Bannon was singing Trump's praises in public (in an effort to affiliate Moore with a president who is popular among Alabama voters). However, if you read the New York Magazine article, it does not seem like anybody, Bannon included, ever had faith in Trump. It appears Bannon was always trying to pull Trump away from Murdoch and more conventional GOP forces. So what did Bannon see in Trump? A guy who came with a brand, would go against the grain, and would make for an easy pawn in Bannon's game (because Trump's politics aligned with Bannon's, and Trump is both incompetent and impressionable).

With the exception of a couple of people, the most visible nutjob populists have been purged from Trump's White House. I think this upsets Bannon, who said the Trump presidency was "over" shortly after he fired last fall. While he is certainly happy about legislative achievements thus far, I am sure he is disappointed by the small quantity of achievements and how long his "revolution" is taking under Trump's leadership.

As an isolationist, no way he he is happy about how Trump is handling North Korea, or how the U.S. will apparently remain in Afghanistan until the end of time. Overall, I think foreign affairs is where Bannon is most upset. For Bannon, Trump needs to accelerate U.S. nationalism and move from rhetoric to action.

As I've said before, I'd love it to be true that the beast is eating itself finally, but if true, I wonder if Bannon overvalues himself. He might be abandoned by his fans in favor of the twit-er in chief.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 17:49

Katy Tur just posted this photo of a passage from the book...

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-01-03, 18:34

Turtleneck wrote:

Did her server overheat? Was it caused by an accident occurring during the  destruction of classified material?
She was probably burning all of the evidence to whatever conspiracy fox has convinced people is real this week.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 19:06

Also posted by Tur. A word of caution about the book.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-01-03, 19:34

Turtleneck wrote:

that's not a very nice thing to say about a brick.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake on 2018-01-03, 22:34

I'm not surprised in the least that two arrogant,narcissistic assholes are talking shit about each other behind their backs.

This is Occam's Razor at work here, two bumbling idiots didn't get along, had a nasty falling out, and now they hate each other.
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-03, 22:48

Trump attorney sends Bannon cease and desist letter over 'disparaging' comments
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-attorney-sends-bannon-cease-desist-letter-disparaging/story?id=52128555

I remember when Trump threatened to sue Ted Cruz for running an ad featuring a clip of an interview where Trump said he has pro-choice. My guess is that Bannon does not cower to Trump like Cruz.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-04, 09:48

And now a cease and desist order has been sent to the author and publisher, demanding they “cease and desist from any further publication, release or dissemination” of the book.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-attorney-sends-letter-author-book-demanding-cease/story?id=52134956&cid=social_twitter_abcn

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2018-01-04, 10:01

Pretty sure he's no longer a private citizen.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-04, 10:53

Yeah I’ve been hearing stuff about the lack of voracity of this guy’s research.

He’ll be interviewed on all things considered this afternoon. Should be interesting.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-04, 11:38

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-01-04, 11:50

Turtleneck wrote:And now a cease and desist order has been sent to the author and publisher, demanding they “cease and desist from any further publication, release or dissemination” of the book.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-attorney-sends-letter-author-book-demanding-cease/story?id=52134956&cid=social_twitter_abcn
who would've ever thought that the sexual predator was a whiny snowflake?
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-04, 13:30

Rocinante wrote:Either, he wants to insulate the president and say that he's the victim of having a bad team, or he wants to reset the game and go back to finding his next Jeff Sessions (who he wanted to run but was handed Trump).

Him trying to insulate Trump is looking a little more likely. See Bannon's podcast last night.
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-04, 13:36

Rocinante wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Either, he wants to insulate the president and say that he's the victim of having a bad team, or he wants to reset the game and go back to finding his next Jeff Sessions (who he wanted to run but was handed Trump).

Him trying to insulate Trump is looking a little more likely. See Bannon's podcast last night.

And continue to try to push out the kids. Which will likely blow up in his face.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum