What’s Bannon’s angle? (Edit: major excerpt from new book about Trump presidency released)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: What’s Bannon’s angle? (Edit: major excerpt from new book about Trump presidency released)

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-01-04, 14:24

So Trump is threatening to sue Bannon and the author of this book? I'm no lawyer but wouldn't that open the door for discovery of all sorts of shady shit? (Sorry if I got the terminology wrong, I'm talking about evidence gathering)

Let's do this, morons!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: What’s Bannon’s angle? (Edit: major excerpt from new book about Trump presidency released)

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-01-04, 14:37

When you’re a public figure and there are interviews on tape it’s tough to sue.

The sue threat has been in Trump’s playbook for years
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-04, 15:15

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:So Trump is threatening to sue Bannon and the author of this book? I'm no lawyer but wouldn't that open the door for discovery of all sorts of shady shit? (Sorry if I got the terminology wrong, I'm talking about evidence gathering)

Let's do this, morons!

Yes, which is why I imagine some people threaten lawsuits but do not follow through with lawsuits.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-04, 16:43

steveschneider wrote:I think the guy is an idiot. How much longer will the Mercers keep funding this slob?

Maybe not too much longer

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/breitbart-owners-debate-ousting-bannon-amid-trump-feud-1515100110

Mr. Bannon’s longtime benefactors, billionaires Robert Mercer and his daughter Rebekah Mercer, are actively distancing from him even before the expected release of Michael Wolff’s book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” according to two people close to the Mercers.

They and other Breitbart News Network LLC board members on Thursday were debating whether to oust Mr. Bannon as chairman, with many supportive of the move, according to a person familiar with the exchanges. Among the considerations are Breitbart’s contractual relationships with other entities, including Sirius XM radio, that involve Mr. Bannon.

Staffers at Breitbart, which Mr. Bannon has called his “killing machine,” described a “chaotic” day at the company, with writers—many personally recruited by Mr. Bannon—wondering whether he would last the day.

Asked Thursday whether Breitbart should oust Mr. Bannon, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said: “I certainly think that it’s something they should look at and consider.”

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates on 2018-01-05, 09:22

I’m going to buy the book. Sounds like great entertainment
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-01-05, 10:04

The major donors like the Mercer family have made their choice and decided its better to have Trump in The White House with a synchophant GOP majority that they also paid for than Bannon.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-01-05, 11:13

Dendrobates wrote:I’m going to buy the book. Sounds like great entertainment

I am too. He's pretty sloppy, but I think the core of his book is spot on - the president is a man child, he's unfit to president, he's unqaulified and everyone around him talks shit about him.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-01-05, 11:16

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I think the guy is an idiot. How much longer will the Mercers keep funding this slob?

Maybe not too much longer

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/breitbart-owners-debate-ousting-bannon-amid-trump-feud-1515100110

Mr. Bannon’s longtime benefactors, billionaires Robert Mercer and his daughter Rebekah Mercer, are actively distancing from him even before the expected release of Michael Wolff’s book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” according to two people close to the Mercers.

They and other Breitbart News Network LLC board members on Thursday were debating whether to oust Mr. Bannon as chairman, with many supportive of the move, according to a person familiar with the exchanges. Among the considerations are Breitbart’s contractual relationships with other entities, including Sirius XM radio, that involve Mr. Bannon.

Staffers at Breitbart, which Mr. Bannon has called his “killing machine,” described a “chaotic” day at the company, with writers—many personally recruited by Mr. Bannon—wondering whether he would last the day.

Asked Thursday whether Breitbart should oust Mr. Bannon, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said: “I certainly think that it’s something they should look at and consider.”

Yeah, I stand by the thread I made a little while back Bannon is a complete fucking idiot.

Looks like he might even lose his job at Breitbart.

He's done nothing but implode and commit blunder after blunder once he's landed in big time politics.

Master strategist my ass.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-01-05, 13:45

Bannon is a master political stratagist like Middle Tennessee State's basketball coach is a first rd HOF coach.

What Bannon did in 2016 was as much a confluence of rare events that a strategy that is successful more than once.

Bannon's error was thinking he was more important to his benefactors than the President he helped get elected for them.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-01-05, 15:09

GRR Spartan wrote:Bannon is a master political stratagist like Middle Tennessee State's basketball coach is a first rd HOF coach.

What Bannon did in 2016 was as much a confluence of rare events that a strategy that is successful more than once.

Bannon's error was thinking he was more important to his benefactors than the President he helped get elected for them.

I saw it pointed out at one point he joined pretty well after Trump secured the republican nomination. I don't think he really did much other than have Bill Clintons accusers show up at the debates. I still think the guy's an idiot and he's going to further diminish any influence he has.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum