Coachella 2018 lineup absolutely sucks ass - highlights how bad contemporary music is

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Coachella 2018 lineup absolutely sucks ass - highlights how bad contemporary music is

Post by steveschneider on Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:52 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The youngest album you've listed came out almost 12 years ago. There's been a lot of good shit since then. You ever check out Kurt Vile? I think his album Walking on a Pretty Daze is pretty damn good. It takes 3-4 good listens for it to really resonate but imo it's solid. I don't know though, for the most part it seems like the album is dead. I find a lot of just one off singles that have an amazing hook or great sound that I really like.

Another, indie suggesting you ever check out Car Seat Headrest? Some of the songs are an amazing wall of sound.
This trend really makes it kind of awkward at concerts, when few people know more than a couple of songs.  But with the way music can be accessed these days, it's easy to just listen to a few.

I'll admit that I will usually pick out a few favorites from an album, add them to a playlist, and then rarely listen to the rest of the album again.  However, I do always get the full album and give it several full listens before separating out my favorites, but that's because there are often some gems that might not catch my attention right away, but after a couple of listens I will notice it get into my head.

I understand it, though. It's a fast moving digital age that we're in, and we have so many things to be doing, it's hard to spend a lot of time with a full album.

Yeah, I still really enjoy complete albums but I think a lot of it is just a numbers game at this point. There’s more bands recording now than ever and occasionally one will hit a homerun.

There’s just not as much money in music and it’s so hard for bands to make a living on it so that’s probably a big factor killing off the albums.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: Coachella 2018 lineup absolutely sucks ass - highlights how bad contemporary music is

Post by AnomanderRake on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 am

I went to Coachella a few years ago when Outkast was headlining and it was awesome. The lineup from that year puts this one to shame though.
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum