Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Go down

Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-05, 22:25

He doesn’t sound like a crackpot to me. The part about Trump repeating the same stories over and over with the exact same expressions was creepy.

https://https://www.npr.org/2018/01/05/575916244/as-fire-and-fury-goes-on-sale-trump-attacks-keep-coming
avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13430
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-05, 22:29

No. It's all fake!


Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25855
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-05, 22:46

MPR... heh. Accident. I had a baby in one arm while I did that.

_________________
It's only a matter of time before this thing blows up in our faces.
avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13430
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-05, 22:56

Rocinante wrote:MPR... heh. Accident. I had a baby in one arm while I did that.


Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25855
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : tswill.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-06, 02:22

Thanks for the heads up. I'll listen this weekend.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25310
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-06, 02:24

Wrong thread.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25310
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-01-06, 03:54

Rocinante wrote:MPR... heh. Accident. I had a baby in one arm while I did that.

Oh hi there!
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15083
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-01-07, 05:11

Rocinante wrote:He doesn’t sound like a crackpot to me. The part about Trump repeating the same stories over and over with the exact same expressions was creepy.

https://https://www.npr.org/2018/01/05/575916244/as-fire-and-fury-goes-on-sale-trump-attacks-keep-coming

He does have a habit of repeating himself at times....here's another take on that.

Why hasn't Michael Wolff's dementia-Trump ever been seen in public?

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. – H. L. Mencken
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39624
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-01-07, 05:17

Oh and add Tony Blair to the Trump defenders.....next TN can jump in again and call my asking for some skepticism and truth as "extreme defense"....

Tony Blair: Wolff Book Claims “A Complete Fabrication”

Either way, it opens up a wide hole in Wolff’s credibility for several reasons. One, Blair has a large amount of credibility in international media, including here in the US. Two, Blair is hardly a Trump acolyte or someone inclined to jump to Trump’s defense. Third, the “so weird it must be true” of Wolff’s reporting on Trump relies on the well-known mercurial nature of the president. No one looks at Blair and thinks he’s anything but a statesman who knows his business, and especially not a loose cannon inclined to whimsical action. If Wolff has applied the “so weird” standard this recklessly, it certainly raises questions about his reporting on all of the other weirdness Wolff wants people to buy, both literally and figuratively.

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. – H. L. Mencken
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 39624
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-01-07, 08:48

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:He doesn’t sound like a crackpot to me.  The part about Trump repeating the same stories over and over with the exact same expressions was creepy.

https://https://www.npr.org/2018/01/05/575916244/as-fire-and-fury-goes-on-sale-trump-attacks-keep-coming

He does have a habit of repeating himself at times....here's another take on that.

Why hasn't Michael Wolff's dementia-Trump ever been seen in public?
Perhaps because he hasn’t done a real life press conference in nearly a year. He just talks to reporters for 5 minutes at a time in which he just repeats his tweets

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18466
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 34
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-01-07, 13:34

Why don't we see Trump pressers?

Here's a question with Trump's answer:

Reporter: The CEO of Wal-Mart said you missed a critical opportunity to help bring the country together. Did you?

Trump:
Not at all.
I think the country — look, you take a look.
I've created over a million jobs since I'm president.
The country is booming, the stock market is setting records.
We have the highest employment numbers we've ever had in the history of our country.
We're doing record business.
We have the highest levels of enthusiasm.
So, the head of Wal-Mart, whom I know, who is a very nice guy, was making a political statement.
I mean, I do it the same way.
You know why?
Because I want to make sure, when I make a statement that the statement is correct, and there was no way — there was no way of making a correct statement that early.
I had to see the facts, unlike a lot of reporters — unlike a lot of reporters.
I know, David Duke was there.
I wanted to see the facts, and the facts as they started coming out were very well-stated.
In fact, everybody said his statement was beautiful.
If he would have made it sooner, that would have been good.
I couldn't have made it sooner because I didn't know all of the facts.
Frankly, people still don't know all of the facts.
It was very important — excuse me, excuse me.
It was very important to me to get the facts out and correctly, because if I would have made a fast statement — and the first statement was made without knowing much other than what we were seeing.
The second statement was made with knowledge, with great knowledge. There's still things — excuse me, there's still things that people don't know.
I want to make a statement with knowledge.
I wanted to know the facts.
Okay.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/15/read-the-transcript-of-donald-trumps-jaw-dropping-press-conference.html

Reads like a 71 year old who can't hold a train of thought


avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6431
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by steveschneider on 2018-01-08, 08:26

Getting my copy of his book tomorrow, can’t wait to read it. Michael Wolff has changed the temperament of the DC press btw. No way Tapper tosses Miller off his show prior to the release. NYT also has had more pointed language about trump in its op-ed the other day. The Wolff effect is happening.
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13985
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-01-08, 09:23

steveschneider wrote:Getting my copy of his book tomorrow, can’t wait to read it. Michael Wolff has changed the temperament of the DC press btw.  No way Tapper tosses Miller off his show prior to the release.  NYT also has had more pointed language about trump in its op-ed the other day. The Wolff effect is happening.
Lol wtf Steve

Not everything you say has to be some grandiose statement. You ever hear of Jake Tapper before yesterday? He absolutely would have.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18466
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 34
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by steveschneider on 2018-01-08, 09:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Getting my copy of his book tomorrow, can’t wait to read it. Michael Wolff has changed the temperament of the DC press btw.  No way Tapper tosses Miller off his show prior to the release.  NYT also has had more pointed language about trump in its op-ed the other day. The Wolff effect is happening.
Lol wtf Steve

Not everything you say has to be some grandiose statement. You ever hear of Jake Tapper before yesterday? He absolutely would have.

Good read.

https://www.gq.com/story/michael-wolff-white-house-trump-access
avatar
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13985
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Did you guys listen to the interview with Michael Wolff on MPR

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum