$18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Go down

$18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-06, 11:33

The Trump administration has told lawmakers that it wants $18 billion over the next decade for the initial phase of a Mexico border wall, laying out for the first time a detailed financial blueprint for the president’s signature campaign promise.

The money would pay for 316 miles of new fencing and reinforce another 407 miles where barriers are already in place, according to cost estimates sent to senators Friday by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. If the work was completed, more than half of the 2,000-mile border with Mexico would have a wall or other physical structure by 2027.

Democratic lawmakers blasted the $18 billion request, first reported by the Wall Street Journal, and it arrived in the middle of delicate budget negotiations that include the risk of a government shutdown Jan. 20 if no deal is reached.

“President Trump has said he may need a good government shutdown to get his wall. With this demand, he seems to be heading in that direction,” said Sen. Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Immigration subcommittee.

Remember, this is what Loose and 62,980,159 other people voted for. Thanks!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-border-wall-gets-18-billion-price-tag-in-new-request-to-lawmakers/2018/01/05/34e3c47e-f264-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html?utm_term=.a6cfe09b4b14

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25940
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-01-06, 11:38

Rolling Eyes
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25344
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-01-06, 11:45

Turtleneck wrote:
The Trump administration has told lawmakers that it wants $18 billion over the next decade for the initial phase of a Mexico border wall, laying out for the first time a detailed financial blueprint for the president’s signature campaign promise.

The money would pay for 316 miles of new fencing and reinforce another 407 miles where barriers are already in place, according to cost estimates sent to senators Friday by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. If the work was completed, more than half of the 2,000-mile border with Mexico would have a wall or other physical structure by 2027.

Democratic lawmakers blasted the $18 billion request, first reported by the Wall Street Journal, and it arrived in the middle of delicate budget negotiations that include the risk of a government shutdown Jan. 20 if no deal is reached.

“President Trump has said he may need a good government shutdown to get his wall. With this demand, he seems to be heading in that direction,” said Sen. Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Immigration subcommittee.

Remember, this is what Loose and 62,980,159 other people voted for. Thanks!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-border-wall-gets-18-billion-price-tag-in-new-request-to-lawmakers/2018/01/05/34e3c47e-f264-11e7-b3bf-ab90a706e175_story.html?utm_term=.
Fact check on Turtleneck = 



They voted for Mexico to pay for it. Now who is the lying liar huh?

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18747
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 34
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-06, 11:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Fact check on Turtleneck = 



They voted for Mexico to pay for it. Now who is the lying liar huh?

I'm the liar.

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25940
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-06, 14:04

Goose must be so happy.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26548
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-06, 14:12

tGreenWay wrote:Goose must be so happy.

In addition to the $18 billion in wall funding, the CBP also requested $8 billion for additional personnel and training, $5 billion for new border technology and at least $1 billion to build more access roads. The final price tag for the CBP spending plan would exceed $33 billion over the next decade, according to a copy of the document obtained by The Washington Post

....but Gorsush...

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25940
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-01-06, 19:02

Fact Check for TN and Green:

I have stated multiple times that I didn't vote for Trump.

Thank you so much for continuing to call me a liar. I appreciate it.

And though you may disagree with the Wall I'm surprised you don't find it refreshing for a politician to actually try to fulfill campaign promises. I understand the anger though since the last thing Americans expect from their politicians is any honesty.

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.  – H. L. Mencken
Travis is a whiny little bitch.  - Goose
Pylon is the Mario Mendoza of moderators. - Goose
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40758
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-01-06, 19:05

Trump- “who is going to pay for the wall?”

Goose- “Mexico!!”

Trump- “who is going to pay for the wall???”

Goose- “MEXICO!!!!!!!!”

Trump- “where am i who are all of you”

Goose- “MEXICOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!”

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18747
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 34
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-06, 19:30

LooseGoose wrote:Fact Check for TN and Green:

I have stated multiple times that I didn't vote for Trump.






Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25940
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-01-06, 19:34

LooseGoose wrote: I'm surprised you don't find it refreshing for a politician to actually try to fulfill campaign promises.

Oh, the promise was the U.S. would not be pay for the wall.


Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25940
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Currently on the couch

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-06, 19:44

LooseGoose wrote:Fact Check for TN and Green:

I have stated multiple times that I didn't vote for Trump.

Thank you so much for continuing to call me a liar. I appreciate it.

And though you may disagree with the Wall I'm surprised you don't find it refreshing for a politician to actually try to fulfill campaign promises. I understand the anger though since the last thing Americans expect from their politicians is any honesty.

Now, you're just being intellectually dishonest. As others have pointed out, you know damn well Trump said the wall would be paid for by Mexico. That's not an honest politician, that's a pathological liar playing people like you for the suckers you apparently are.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26548
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-01-06, 21:07

Are we going to see a surcharges for every phone call made in the US to Mexico and every money order wiring money to Mexico?

The guy, Trump, has been conning people his whole life.
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6573
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-01-16, 09:51

This story has been pretty prominent locally over the past couple of days. Awful....married, 39 year old guy living here for 30 years illegally literally sent back to Mexico yesterday, leaving wife and young daughter behind.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/wayne-county/2018/01/15/lincoln-park-man-deported/109493870/

_________________
Welcome to the Revolution
avatar
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 19608
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-01-16, 10:06



Bonus: Trump is calling out Fox. Asking him to apologize for being disgusting.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15953
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-01-16, 11:46

New tax laws and deconstructing NAFTA could have dire consequences.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/opinion/mexico-tax-nafta-lopez-obrador.html?_r=0
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6573
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-16, 14:53

Goose, will you at least admit Trump lied about the wall?

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26548
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-01-16, 14:54

tGreenWay wrote:Goose, will you at least admit Trump lied about the wall?

I suspect you know the answer to this.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 15953
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-01-16, 15:23

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Goose, will you at least admit Trump lied about the wall?

I suspect you know the answer to this.

Yeah, I know. Blood from a stone.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 26548
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: $18 Billion requested for "the wall" over the next decade

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum