Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government is shut down!

+8
DWags
Rocinante
Cameron
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
Tim Wakefield
Watch Out Pylon!
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Government is shut down! Empty Government is shut down!

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-20, 13:44

Who do we blame? Trump used to think it was the president's fault. It's different this time because... help me out Goose. Your team needs you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Government is shut down! Empty Re: Government is shut down!

Post by Tim Wakefield 2018-01-20, 14:02

Trump sucks. Politics suck. Everyone sucks
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-20, 14:09

Tim Wakefield wrote:Trump sucks. Politics suck. Everyone sucks

Honestly, the fewer things that Trump can accomplish the better. Can government stay shut down until 2020?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-20, 14:25

Since there are no more laws I’m going looting
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-20, 14:42

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Trump sucks. Politics suck. Everyone sucks

Honestly, the fewer things that Trump can accomplish the better. Can government stay shut down until 2020?
while I agree, my suspicion is that he'll still find a way to criminalize brown people, women and the poor.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-20, 14:45

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Who do we blame? Trump used to think it was the president's fault. It's different this time because... help me out Goose. Your team needs you.
looking forward to some cutting edge analysis from my man Goose.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-20, 15:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

looking forward to some cutting edge analysis from my man Goose.

Can't help you Bob....the Schumer shutdown is simple. The Dems prefer to not pay our military in favor of making illegal aliens legal.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-20, 15:33

Goose has reverted to just regurgitating trump tweets. That’s where we’re at. Sad!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-20, 15:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Goose has reverted to just regurgitating trump tweets. That’s where we’re at. Sad!

Sorry bud, don't follow the man. Explain it some other way?

The R;s gave them a clean CR with ChiP funding - which everyone wants. The Dems are holding it up over DACA which doesn't expire for a month.

Again, I'm old enough to remember when holding the country hostage over non-monetary policy issues was a bad thing. Do you remember that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-20, 15:43

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Goose has reverted to just regurgitating trump tweets. That’s where we’re at. Sad!

Sorry bud, don't follow the man.   Explain it some other way?

The R;s gave them a clean CR with ChiP funding - which everyone wants.  The Dems are holding it up over DACA which doesn't expire for a month.

Again, I'm old enough to remember when holding the country hostage over non-monetary policy issues was a bad thing.   Do you remember that?
Similar to how you don’t watch Fox News.... if all of your garbage sources regurgitate it, then you regurgitate it, well....
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-20, 15:57

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: looking forward to some cutting edge analysis from my man Goose.

Can't help you Bob....the Schumer shutdown is simple.   The Dems prefer to not pay our military in favor of making illegal aliens legal.

So you can't explain Trump's flip flop. I didn't expect you to. I just wanted to see your response. Typical and pretty lame, per usual.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-01-20, 16:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Can't help you Bob....the Schumer shutdown is simple.   The Dems prefer to not pay our military in favor of making illegal aliens legal.

So you can't explain Trump's flip flop. I didn't expect you to. I just wanted to see your response. Typical and pretty lame, per usual.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-20, 17:00

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: looking forward to some cutting edge analysis from my man Goose.

Can't help you Bob....the Schumer shutdown is simple. The Dems prefer to not pay our military in favor of making illegal aliens legal.

is the racist, bigoted sexual predator wanting to fund the entire military or just the ones who aren't captured?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2018-01-20, 21:17

LooseGoose wrote:

The R;s gave them a clean CR with ChiP funding - which everyone wants. The Dems are holding it up over DACA which doesn't expire for a month.

Again, I'm old enough to remember when holding the country hostage over non-monetary policy issues was a bad thing. Do you remember that?

Who did you blame for the shutdown in 2013? Do you remember that?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-01-21, 13:13

I don’t know why the Democrats don’t just openly embrace the blame. I think the dreamers are worth shutting it down.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-21, 15:50

What shut down means department by department. Pretty interesting as far as numbers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-01-21, 17:00

Do you needed more than a simple majority to pass the budget or whatever to not shut down the government? Just curious, because one party has all the power, right?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-21, 18:23

InTenSity wrote:Do you needed more than a simple majority to pass the budget or whatever to not shut down the government? Just curious, because one party has all the power, right?
apparently, the fine patriots on the right could pass it with 51 votes via the "nuclear option".

Instead, they prefer to whine and blame the party out of power.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-21, 19:21

Rocinante wrote:I don’t know why the Democrats don’t just openly embrace the blame. I think the dreamers are worth shutting it down.

You and 40%, so that's a fine idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-21, 19:22

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Sorry bud, don't follow the man.   Explain it some other way?

The R;s gave them a clean CR with ChiP funding - which everyone wants.  The Dems are holding it up over DACA which doesn't expire for a month.

Again, I'm old enough to remember when holding the country hostage over non-monetary policy issues was a bad thing.   Do you remember that?
Similar to how you don’t watch Fox News.... if all of your garbage sources regurgitate it, then you regurgitate it, well....

And again he implies that I'm a serial liar.   You're so fun.

I sincerely wish I had a TV log that could be sent. I'd send it then shove it right up your snarky ass.
My total watch time of ANY television news/opinion/current events show for the last 6 months would probably total under an hour.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2018-01-21, 19:25

Rocinante wrote:I don’t know why the Democrats don’t just openly embrace the blame. I think the dreamers are worth shutting it down.

There is a bipartisan solution on the table, but there will be no vote until Trump either A) stops blowing in the wind on the DACA issue, or B) decides he is in charge and not Stephen Miller.

Graham singled out White House senior policy adviser Stephen Miller, a pugnacious conservative who has a keen focus on restrictive immigration policy.

"As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration, we are going nowhere. He's been an outlier for years," Graham told reporters as he entered a meeting of more than a dozen senators from both parties who have worked since the shutdown began to carve out space for a compromise.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/21/government-shutdown-immigration-graham-miller-354747
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-21, 19:26

LooseGoose wrote:

You’re a serial liar. Is that better?

Of course. I didn’t actually imply that in that instance. Perhaps you missed my previous posts. Here it is again. 

You- reads daily caller (or most other conservative sources for that matter)
Daily caller- gets their shit from Fox News
You- says “i don’t watch Fox News!”
Me- “doesn’t fucking matter if you read the daily caller. You might as well watch it.”

You see goose, what I’m saying is that I don’t care if you do or do not watch it. You consume it because of the shit sources you trust.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-21, 19:40

LooseGoose wrote:

Of course. I didn’t actually imply that in that instance. Perhaps you missed my previous posts. Here it is again. 

Me- “doesn’t fucking matter if you read the daily caller. You might as well watch it.”

You see goose, what I’m saying is that I don’t care if you do or do not watch it. You consume it because of the shit sources you trust.

And your sources are impeccable. Oh wait, you don't regurgitate so all of your material is primary reporting. Busy life you must have.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-21, 19:41

LooseGoose wrote:

And your sources are impeccable.  Oh wait, you don't regurgitate so all of your material is primary reporting.  Busy life you must have.
Whatabout

No for real you just said “yeah I know that you’re right but what about you” 

So cool thanks for the admission hannity lover
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-21, 19:42

Cameron wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Who did you blame for the shutdown in 2013? Do you remember that?

The Rs tried to tie OCare repeal to the funding, the Dems told us how bad that was. Now the Dems are trying to tie policy issues (DACA) to funding and the Rs are telling us how bad that is. Tribes and all on what people now believe is right and wrong.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-21, 19:44

IOW they're as usual all a bunch of lying hypocrites.

Rs held up the funding in 13, Ds are doing it now.

One big difference is the Obama administration tried to make it hurt for the American people just to be pricks. Shutting down national monuments and parks....you did note those are still open this time?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-21, 19:53

I think one big difference is that everything the democrats want are things republicans have literally promised to do. That seems like an issue
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-21, 20:11

read that Pence (a fine 'christian') lied to the face of the military by blaming Democrats for the military not being paid during the racist, bigoted sexual predator's shutdown.

Yep - shocking that a republican would lie. [lolz]
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-22, 09:10

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/tech/science/space/2018/01/21/spacex-unable-test-fire-falcon-heavy-rocket-ksc-due-government-shutdown/1052438001/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-22, 09:40

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:https://www.floridatoday.com/story/tech/science/space/2018/01/21/spacex-unable-test-fire-falcon-heavy-rocket-ksc-due-government-shutdown/1052438001/

You should send Schumer a note. Ask him to stop punishing America.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-22, 09:43

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:https://www.floridatoday.com/story/tech/science/space/2018/01/21/spacex-unable-test-fire-falcon-heavy-rocket-ksc-due-government-shutdown/1052438001/

You should send Schumer a note.  Ask him to stop punishing America.

Or I could ask the one truly responsible, Trump. What do you think? I mean Trump said the buck stops with the president. Are you going to disagree with your team leader?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2018-01-22, 10:28

Wasn't there a bi-partisan bill and Trump refused to sign it? Now everyone is digging their heels in and pointing fingers. Good times.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2018-01-22, 10:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I think one big difference is that everything the democrats want are things republicans have literally promised to do. That seems like an issue

I believe if trump hadn't flat out lied 2 wks ago saying he'd sign whatever and take the heat for it, there'd be no shutdown. So he's to blame because he's the prez, which is what he was saying mulitple time in faux news interviews in 2013.

However, I don't really like how the Dems played this. DACA isn't directly tied to the budget. I agree with McConnel it's a separate issue. They do have another 5 weeks to get something done on this. They can fund the govt now. So dems partly to blame, although I get why they don't trust anything from the WH. trump poisoned the well, but the dems fell into it.

Bigger picture, the Congressional Repubs have failed because they're trying to govern by CR's without ever getting an annual budget through even though they control everything.

So, all 3 parties have some blame in this, but it's mostly on trump, who once again lies and spoiled a deal that was there and made a shithole out of it.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-22, 11:00

Frank Ricard wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I think one big difference is that everything the democrats want are things republicans have literally promised to do. That seems like an issue

I believe if trump hadn't flat out lied 2 wks ago saying he'd sign whatever and take the heat for it, there'd be no shutdown.  So he's to blame because he's the prez, which is what he was saying mulitple time in faux news interviews in 2013.

However, I don't really like how the Dems played this.  DACA isn't directly tied to the budget.  I agree with McConnel it's a separate issue.  They do have another 5 weeks to get something done on this.  They can fund the govt now. So dems partly to blame, although I get why they don't trust anything from the WH.  trump poisoned the well, but the dems fell into it.

Bigger picture, the Congressional Repubs have failed because they're trying to govern by CR's without ever getting an annual budget through even though they control everything.  

So, all 3 parties have some blame in this, but it's mostly on trump, who once again lies and spoiled a deal that was there and made a shithole out of it.
They do. However. They’ve been passing CRs for months based on the promise “oh we’ll do something about DACA later.” Which, at a certain point especially when you’re dealing with children who really probably don’t want to do something even if they say they do, you have to put your foot down. They can’t pass another CR, then find themselves with only a week to emergency pass something on DACA then “oops didn’t get it done I guess we’ll start our deportations now.” If they were going to do anything about it, now is the time. And like you said, there was an agreement in place. So, I mean, what should they do at that point once that gets shut down? Just say “aw shucks okay well I guess we’ll go along with it.” That’s been their MO for way too long. 

At the end of the day this all revolves around DACA And CHIP, two issues that everyone wants to do (or at least they say they do.) so just do it. It seems pretty black and white.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-22, 11:14

Discussion of continuing resolutions reminds me of this.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-22, 11:25

In case Bob wants to blame Rs again - had Schumer allowed 50 to pass it this would have been done long ago.

Byron York Verified account @ByronYork

Often noted that Senate requires 60 votes for passage. But Senate could also pass spending bill with simple majority. Indeed, McConnell asked that bill be taken up without 60-vote threshold. But Schumer objected, demanded 60-vote standard. So current impasse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-22, 11:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:At the end of the day this all revolves around DACA And CHIP, two issues that everyone wants to do (or at least they say they do.) so just do it. It seems pretty black and white.

CHiP is in the deal, they all support that.

DACA the trade is DACA for the Wall/Border security.

Do it in the deal or out. It's simple but one side wants to exploit DACA for political gain just as the other side has used the Wall for political gain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-01-22, 11:29

LooseGoose wrote:In case Bob wants to blame Rs again - had Schumer allowed 50 to pass it this would have been done long ago.

Byron York Verified account @ByronYork

Often noted that Senate requires 60 votes for passage. But Senate could also pass spending bill with simple majority. Indeed, McConnell asked that bill be taken up without 60-vote threshold. But Schumer objected, demanded 60-vote standard. So current impasse.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/369984-mcconnell-opposes-nuclear-option-in-budget-debate

Let's not spread more lies Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-01-22, 11:33

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:At the end of the day this all revolves around DACA And CHIP, two issues that everyone wants to do (or at least they say they do.) so just do it. It seems pretty black and white.

CHiP is in the deal, they all support that.

DACA the trade is DACA for the Wall/Border security.

Do it in the deal or out.   It's simple but one side wants to exploit DACA for political gain just as the other side has used the Wall for political gain.
Those two things don’t really compare since apparently republicans want to take care of DACA (again I think many might be less than sincere about that.) Simple- just do it. Everyone pretends they want it. Hell they could have done it at any point since September. They didn’t. And here we are.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-22, 12:25

Looks like we might have a 3-week deal in place by the end of the day.

Dumb.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next