State of the Union

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: State of the Union

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-31, 20:17

Unfortunately we have a 2 party system so the national platform matters. I’m glad you are doing stuff locally.
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-01-31, 20:29

Rocinante wrote:Unfortunately we have a 2 party system so the national platform matters. I’m glad you are doing stuff locally.
Thank you for your approval messiah. I hope to make you happy in the future.
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-31, 22:29

Now you’re just trying to rile me up. It won’t work Travis.
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-01-31, 22:31

By the way did you hear that that aryan goddess Tomi Lahren called Kennedy a little limp dick and a disgusting ginger.

Ha!
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-01-31, 23:07

Look how fucking ugly Trump's grandson is. Somebody on Twitter said it looks like God just gave him all the spare parts

Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-02-01, 00:55

Rocinante wrote:By the way did you hear that that aryan goddess Tomi Lahren called Kennedy a little limp dick and a disgusting ginger.

Ha!

Meanwhile, Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz brought as his guest an alt-right troll so foul he’s been banned from twitter; a guy who favors use of the n-word, is a white nationalist and is a Holocaust denier. And Congressman Gaetz claims he didn’t know who the guy was.

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/01/31/gaetz-florida-right-wing-troll-380577
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-02-01, 10:20

BRANDON WEICHERT: Democrats Should Revise Their Hopes for 2018.

There are good reasons for them to expect some gains, but their understanding about what will drive those gains, if there are some, is skewed perfectly to suit their prejudices.

Watching tonight’s speech, I couldn’t help but wonder if the Left had totally checked out of reality and focused solely on their echo chamber. Did they really think that marginally Democrat voters would be impressed with their performance? The majority of elected Congressional Democrats were caught on camera tonight sneering at the concept of average American workers keeping more of their pay, bettering their lives, and overcoming stifling government regulations. They were caught in stone cold silence at the concept of honoring the flag and the ideas it represents.

The Democrats are banking on President Trump’s alleged unpopularity to carry them forward in their 2018 campaigns. However, that is a born-to-lose proposition going forward. Tonight’s speech proved that while the Democrats snigger and sneer at the Right, the Republicans—led by Trump—are actually doing things to demonstrate their sympathy with the American people and producing results that people can applaud. The Democrats are not “woke” if they fail to recognize this fact.

Trump reached across the aisle several times in his address, trusting that the Democrats would play to their worst instincts. His faith was not misplaced.
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2018-02-01, 10:35

Or maybe it was just hilarious watching him use victims of illegal immigrant violence as props. You know, since he's paid millions in settlements for using undocumented workers.
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-02-01, 10:36

Good thing Bob's buddies sat there scowling, they obviously were right in the main stream.

Witness prominent left-leaning responses to Trump’s State of the Union address, which earned an impressive 75 percent approval rating in a CBS News poll. Eight out of ten of the viewers in the poll “felt that the president was trying to unite the country, rather than divide it,” and “two-thirds said the speech made them feel proud.” Sure, we can argue about the policy implications of the address, but that’s been true for almost every State of the Union in the history of the nation. (“Free” community college! The magical “creation” of hundreds of thousands of jobs! An army of hydrogen cars!) In short, it was a well-written, well-delivered speech.

Perhaps that sounds boring to you, so it’s high time for some hyperventilation. Over to you, Democrats! CNN’s Sally Kohn called the speech “scary” and “terrifying.” Elizabeth Warren tweeted that she attended only because she wanted its horrors “burned into my eyes.” But it was perhaps MSNBC’s Joy Reid who took the cake, tweeting out a bizarre and amazing word salad trashing various American institutions: “Church . . . family . . . police . . . military . . . the national anthem . . . Trump trying to call on all the tropes of 1950s-era nationalism. The goal of this speech appears to be to force the normalization of Trump on the terms of the bygone era his supporters are nostalgic for.”

Ah, I can see the campaign posters now: “Can’t stand church and family? Neither can we! Vote for the Democrats in 2018!” It’s mind-boggling, isn’t it? I mean, come on, people. Pretending to be a normal human being can’t really be that hard.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/455998/democratic-party-2018-midterm-congressional-elections-blue-wave-predictions-agenda-anti-trump
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2018-02-01, 10:38

LooseGoose wrote:BRANDON WEICHERT: Democrats Should Revise Their Hopes for 2018.

There are good reasons for them to expect some gains, but their understanding about what will drive those gains, if there are some, is skewed perfectly to suit their prejudices.

Watching tonight’s speech, I couldn’t help but wonder if the Left had totally checked out of reality and focused solely on their echo chamber. Did they really think that marginally Democrat voters would be impressed with their performance? The majority of elected Congressional Democrats were caught on camera tonight sneering at the concept of average American workers keeping more of their pay, bettering their lives, and overcoming stifling government regulations. They were caught in stone cold silence at the concept of honoring the flag and the ideas it represents.

The Democrats are banking on President Trump’s alleged unpopularity to carry them forward in their 2018 campaigns. However, that is a born-to-lose proposition going forward. Tonight’s speech proved that while the Democrats snigger and sneer at the Right, the Republicans—led by Trump—are actually doing things to demonstrate their sympathy with the American people and producing results that people can applaud. The Democrats are not “woke” if they fail to recognize this fact.

Trump reached across the aisle several times in his address, trusting that the Democrats would play to their worst instincts. His faith was not misplaced.

Goose this might be the silliest thing you've ever posted. Why do you think Trump got elected? His dynamic personality, flawless moral character, and devotion to family values? LOL
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2018-02-01, 10:41

LooseGoose wrote:Good thing Bob's buddies sat there scowling, they obviously were right in the main stream.

Witness prominent left-leaning responses to Trump’s State of the Union address, which earned an impressive 75 percent approval rating in a CBS News poll. Eight out of ten of the viewers in the poll “felt that the president was trying to unite the country, rather than divide it,” and “two-thirds said the speech made them feel proud.” Sure, we can argue about the policy implications of the address, but that’s been true for almost every State of the Union in the history of the nation. (“Free” community college! The magical “creation” of hundreds of thousands of jobs! An army of hydrogen cars!) In short, it was a well-written, well-delivered speech.

Perhaps that sounds boring to you, so it’s high time for some hyperventilation. Over to you, Democrats! CNN’s Sally Kohn called the speech “scary” and “terrifying.” Elizabeth Warren tweeted that she attended only because she wanted its horrors “burned into my eyes.” But it was perhaps MSNBC’s Joy Reid who took the cake, tweeting out a bizarre and amazing word salad trashing various American institutions: “Church . . . family . . . police . . . military . . . the national anthem . . . Trump trying to call on all the tropes of 1950s-era nationalism. The goal of this speech appears to be to force the normalization of Trump on the terms of the bygone era his supporters are nostalgic for.”

Ah, I can see the campaign posters now: “Can’t stand church and family? Neither can we! Vote for the Democrats in 2018!” It’s mind-boggling, isn’t it? I mean, come on, people. Pretending to be a normal human being can’t really be that hard.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/455998/democratic-party-2018-midterm-congressional-elections-blue-wave-predictions-agenda-anti-trump

Well, that was easy to debunk....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/polling-analysis-state-of-the-union-speeches-attract-high-approval-ratings/

Goose, people who like the president are the vast majority of people who watch the SOU address. His rating we're lower than bush and Obama's first SOU's. Good try though....
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-02-01, 14:00

After pissing and moaning about inside the beltway bubble some are basking in the glow of a SOTU that's not a week old.

The Democrats have reason to worry. At no time in US history has a a pair of donors, the Koch Brothers reported to be ready to spend up to $400M so the GOP can keep its House and US Senate majorities.

That's just the Kochs. They could get more donors on board to make that go to a half Billion. That's a helluva war chest of campaign dollars.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-kochs/fearing-democratic-wave-koch-network-to-spend-big-on-u-s-midterm-elections-idUSKBN1FI07H
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-02-01, 19:41

The same parents that are a bit peeved at the CBC for sitting on their hands.

Parents Of Teens Killed By MS-13 Say Trump Told Them Not To Give Up

Just home from the nation’s capital, the victims’ parents felt a nation paying honor to their daughters.

“That he is going to be doing the right thing,” she said.

Some have said she shouldn’t have gone because she is Hispanic.

“I did not feel that at all,” she said.

Mickens’ mother Elizabeth Alvarado said it was overwhelming.

“Very overwhelming feeling all that love for us, what we stand for, and for my daughter, and for Kayla,” she said.

“Not too many people get a chance to meet a president. We are both in shock about it,” Mickens’ father Robert said.

“He kissed me on my forehead which I was like, my god I am just a little pea in a pod, but he did acknowledge and I felt his connection that he felt my pain,” Evelyn said.

The pain of losing children to the scourge of MS-13 and the desire to make streets safe.

“Her eyes got teary, you felt the realness, it wasn’t fake,” Rodriguez said.
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-02, 10:45

You might want to come up for air and put some chapstick on, Goose.
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-02-05, 10:30

Tribes

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-02-05, 10:45

They instinctively hate your party and your boy trump and that’s their fault, not the years and years of policies they don’t like. Smart. Good luck with that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-05, 11:38

There are still a lot of people who think Obama was born in Kenya.
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-02-08, 08:20

Rocinante wrote:There are still a lot of people who think Obama was born in Kenya.

I would assume a vast majority of those people are racists.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-02-08, 08:22

remember when the one great American yelled "you lie" at the colored boy during the joint session of congress?

and remember how outraged the fine, patriotic republicans were by it?

yeah, me too.  
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck on 2018-03-06, 10:04

The Pantry wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Not a single Republican stood for the family leave act.
We don't take handouts.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/03/03/roy-moore-begs-help-legal-defense-fund-make-ends-meet/391766002/

Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-03-06, 10:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:remember when the one great American yelled "you lie" at the colored boy during the joint session of congress?

yeah, me too.  

That guy runs on that moment and continues to get reelected.
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-03-06, 10:52

Rocinante wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:remember when the one great American yelled "you lie" at the colored boy during the joint session of congress?

yeah, me too.  

That guy runs on that moment and continues to get reelected.
of course he does - America is a stupid country. Racist, too.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum