Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer

+9
TrueGreenSpartan
Motown Spartan
The Pantry
Giant Moose
Cosmo_Kramer
JEK
Spartan Pride
By-Tor
Other Teams Pursuing That
13 posters

Go down

Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer Empty Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer

Post by Spartan Pride 2014-04-21, 11:12

And I'm not a baller so I'm talking about a one day, two day max trip.

I've been Mackinac, Traverse City, The Sault locks, whitefish point, pictured rocks, Ludington, something new in Detroit is welcome....
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer Empty Re: Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-21, 11:13

Grand Haven?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer Empty Re: Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer

Post by By-Tor 2014-04-21, 11:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Grand Haven?

Seconded. Or saugutuck. Is DWags here yet?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Pride 2014-04-21, 11:17

Isnt the beach basically 100% of the reason people go there? Not complaining just asking.
Spartan Pride
Spartan Pride
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-04-21, 11:30

Head to Cross Village and take the drive down Hwy 119 ("Tunnel of Trees") to Harbor Springs. Very cool and scenic, with views of Lake Michigan to the west. Spend a day in Harbor Springs, very quaint and charming beach town. If you run out of things to do, head to Petoskey which has a couple breweries and more things to do.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-04-21, 11:37

Torch Lake
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-04-21, 11:43

Have you considered taking your woman to see Alpena?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-04-21, 11:44

Take a week and head up to the Keweenaw Peninsula...God's Country
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2014-04-21, 11:45

Hit the breweries in Traverse City and venture up to Short's in Bellaire.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-04-21, 11:55

Motown Spartan wrote:Hit the breweries in Traverse City and venture up to Short's in Bellaire.

Went to Short's last summer; it's a cool place.

K-Zoo and Grand Rapids have good breweries too.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan 2014-04-21, 12:07

Sleeping Bear Dunes area, Stay in Glen Arbor and hit up the winery's throughout Lelanau Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer 2599972566 Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer 2599972566 
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-04-21, 12:13

TrueGreenSpartan wrote:Sleeping Bear Dunes area, Stay in Glen Arbor and hit up the winery's throughout Lelanau Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer 2599972566 Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer 2599972566 
I like The Homestead Resort. Many options for a place to stay there in various price ranges.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-04-21, 12:16

Go to Hell?

Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer Hell+Top+5+Things+to+Do+in+Hell+MI
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-04-21, 12:19

Wife and I were kicking this around, too. Except we are baller level. Well not really but we will gladly pay for convenience. Neither of us has actually ever been to any of the beach towns on the Lower/mid western part of the State - from Ludington on down. We are thinking a 3 day beach town weekend with the kids (4.5 and 1+). Would want to stay somewhere that both beach and town were not more than a short walk. Any ideas?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-04-21, 12:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:Go to Hell?

Give me somewhere new to vacation in Michigan this summer 502811600 

I missed having pictures I could actually see without clicking on some thumbnail that half cut them off.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-04-21, 12:44

Spartan Pride wrote:
Isnt the beach basically 100% of the reason people go there? Not complaining just asking.

I mean that is usually the case for me since I'm from Grand Rapids and the drive is only 30-45 minutes, but if you're looking somewhere to go for 1-2 days, I'm sure you will find something to do. There are a few bars and restaurants but it really is beautiful in the summer. You'll probably be around some obnoxious high schoolers drinking vodka out of their powerade bottles during the summer but that also means you can look at some talent. That sounded weird, whatever, I'm only 20. So I'll probably be among them.

Overall it's a solid town and a nice beach. Nothing THAT special though. I recommend checking out Tip a few tavern.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-04-21, 12:46

Should look at Tawas, from my experience the lake water is warmer and the lake bottom sandier than most Lake Michigan sites.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-04-21, 12:58

Spartan Pride wrote:

it's a big reason. but the downtown has some excellent restaurants and bars.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-04-21, 16:52

Spartan Pride wrote:

Beach 50% OddSide Ales 40% Pronto Pup 10%
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-04-22, 00:15

Spartan Pride wrote:And I'm not a baller so I'm talking about a one day, two day max trip.

I've been Mackinac, Traverse City, The Sault locks, whitefish point, pictured rocks, Ludington, something new in Detroit is welcome....

Grayling. Canoe the AuSable on Saturday. Some fishing Saturday evening. Hartwick Pines for logging history on Sunday. Very reasonable accommodations. Nothing special on the beer/dining front but a cheap trip with some fun and learning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down