Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

+25
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
InTenSity
The Matador
Dendrobates
Da Mayor
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
Wally Fairway
NigelUno
MattyFresh
SawGreen
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Cameron
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
I.B. Fine
Death Roe
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
29 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 4 Empty Re: Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:32 pm

MattyFresh wrote:that her daughter was and probably still is a smokeshow that I could fap to?

That's Nordy's wife Matty
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 4 Empty Re: Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim.

Post by MattyFresh Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:36 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:that her daughter was and probably still is a smokeshow that I could fap to?

Well he just got the best compliment any man could ever receive.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:40 pm

MattyFresh wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Lol. Well. I was lying trying to stir shit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:43 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

Lol. Well. I was lying trying to stir shit.

You tease, she's probably at Mio 7.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Engler named Beekman interim AD. Solari reporting that no internal candidates will be accepted for permanent AD. Wonder if Ianni decides it's time to look for greener pastures? (ironic pun intended).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Good letter from Engler.

http://president.msu.edu/communications/memorandum-to-all-university-employees.html
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:05 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Good letter from Engler.

http://president.msu.edu/communications/memorandum-to-all-university-employees.html

It is good. It strikes the right balance, the right tone, and the right goals.

But for the love of god can we lose the "Spartan Nation" thing?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:29 am

Editor’s note: Give Engler chance to stabilize MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:30 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Good letter from Engler.

Do you not want to be part of Swill Nation any more? :(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:32 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Do you not want to be part of Swill Nation any more? :(

Of course I do, but that's different.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:38 pm

Now Charboneau must feel he needs to cheap shot people like Solari...

Matt Charboneau @mattcharboneau 4m4 minutes ago
More
Bill Beekman, interim MSU AD, wrote an open letter -- last night, apparently. He mentions "ongoing dialogue." ... Requested an interview. Response? "Bill Beekman is not taking interview requests at this time."
============
Don't see him promising interviews here.....

"I will be listening to the entire athletic community. Today is just day one. I look forward to having an ongoing dialogue that will help ensure our culture, and the policies and procedures that support it, protect the health, safety, and wellness of all Spartans."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Engler calls the prosecutor out for grandstanding.

Engler slams Schuette for media presence at Michigan State search

As part of that investigation, agents from Schuette's office and the Michigan State Police executed a search warrant at the university on Friday, picking up what appeared to be a flash drive. Reporters from the State Journal and TV cameras were on scene when agents arrived.

MSU attorneys had been "in regular contact" with Schuette's office, Engler wrote to Forsyth, and had a meeting scheduled for Friday morning. Forsyth's team "abruptly cancelled" that meeting on Wednesday afternoon, Engler said.

"Your decision to arrive without warning ... with search warrants and camera crews was not in keeping with your reputation in Kent County for 30 years," Engler wrote to Forsyth. "It was also very much at odds with the cooperation I have pledged and had understood as being received by your investigators."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:10 pm

good for Gov. Engler.. as I mentioned in this thread on December 12th of last year..

Bobby Sak wrote:It also doesn't hurt things to mention that Schuette is trying to raise his profile, as he's running for Governor next year.

Schuette is a slimeball.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:12 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Engler calls the prosecutor out for grandstanding.

As part of that investigation, agents from Schuette's office and the Michigan State Police executed a search warrant at the university on Friday, picking up what appeared to be a flash drive. Reporters from the State Journal and TV cameras were on scene when agents arrived.

MSU attorneys had been "in regular contact" with Schuette's office, Engler wrote to Forsyth, and had a meeting scheduled for Friday morning. Forsyth's team "abruptly cancelled" that meeting on Wednesday afternoon, Engler said.

"Your decision to arrive without warning ... with search warrants and camera crews was not in keeping with your reputation in Kent County for 30 years," Engler wrote to Forsyth. "It was also very much at odds with the cooperation I have pledged and had understood as being received by your investigators."
I picture Schuette showing up in a fedora and chopping into a filing cabinet with an axe while the media snaps pictures.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:25 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Engler calls the prosecutor out for grandstanding.

I picture Schuette showing up in a fedora and chopping into a filing cabinet with an axe while the media snaps pictures.
Sounds like it's some sort of team - Engler & Blanchard for the interim. - Page 4 502811600

with his dealings and associations, he's going to have a hard time playing the "sexual assault sympathizer" card.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:27 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:good for Gov. Engler.. as I mentioned in this thread on December 12th of last year..

Bobby Sak wrote:It also doesn't hurt things to mention that Schuette is trying to raise his profile, as he's running for Governor next year.

Schuette is a slimeball.

And has been for 25 years or more. Never cared for him or Camp.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:49 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:good for Gov. Engler.. as I mentioned in this thread on December 12th of last year..

Schuette is a slimeball.

same - this fall will be interesting.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:11 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Schuette is a slimeball.

I may have told this story before, but I'll never forget him yelling at me on the phone about 20 years ago because his billboard "was supposed to be 'Schwarzenegger Ballsy Blue' and not this 'Candy Ass Blue' ".

FWIW, I had absolutely nothing to do with the design or printing of his billboard.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:13 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

same - this fall will be interesting.

It almost brings a tear to my eye watching Bob and Goose agree on something involving politics.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:06 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:same - this fall will be interesting.

It almost brings a tear to my eye watching Bob and Goose agree on something involving politics.
every now and then Goose has a momentary period of lucidity.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:53 pm

So I don’t want to read through all of this. I don’t know much about either guy. I heard through other articles that Engler is a big prick.

Good picks for now? I guess we need someone. Just curious if they are decent to represent MSU.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Dendrobates wrote:So I don’t want to read through all of this. I don’t know much about either guy. I heard through other articles that Engler is a big prick.

Good picks for now? I guess we need someone. Just curious if they are decent to represent MSU.

Engler is a fat fuck blowhard.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Da Mayor wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:So I don’t want to read through all of this. I don’t know much about either guy. I heard through other articles that Engler is a big prick.

He's also the President of Michigan State University.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Who knows, he might keep the right wing heavy leaning AG and Soecial investigator in check. Seems like that letter was a shot across Schutte’s bow as far as “watch it, I can get you elected govenor or make it tough” type thing. Especially after the stunt they pulled last Friday.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:15 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

He's also the President of Michigan State University.

That doesn't change the fact that he's a fat fuck blowhard.
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:00 am

Damned if you do, damned if you don't

The News implies Engler is spending too much $$.

If he wasn't changing things then he'd be a "do nothing".

Engler’s first moves costly at MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:10 am

Isn't there a guy here who complains that political threads shouldn't be on this board?

Can't remember his name...someone help me out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:29 am

NigelUno wrote:Isn't there a guy here who complains that political threads shouldn't be on this board?

If you think this is a political thread you're too stupid to help.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:59 am

Lol... get over it. You know what 'culture' needs to change? Academia living in a bubble. Step out into the real world.

“I think a lot of people don’t really know what’s going on,” said Phylis Floyd, an art history professor and member of the University Committee on Faculty Affairs. “The faculty is very unhappy that he was appointed.”
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:43 am

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Isn't there a guy here who complains that political threads shouldn't be on this board?

If you think this is a political thread you're too stupid to help.

Oh.  Seemed like you thought it was a political thread on the first page with this comment...

LooseGoose wrote:Tribes.

And you're not implying the Detroit News is playing politics? What was the point of bringing that up?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:44 am

I'm not implying anything - I'm clearly stating your stupidity.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:46 am

LooseGoose wrote:I'm not implying anything - I'm clearly stating your stupidity.

I'm clearly stating that you've whined in the past that this board should remain free from political discussions.

I'm implying you're a hypocrite.

We good now?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 am

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I'm not implying anything - I'm clearly stating your stupidity.

I'm clearly stating that you've whined in the past that this board should remain free from political discussions.

I'm implying you're a hypocrite.

We good now?

Whatever will shut you up. For a dull fella you can be quite annoying.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:04 am

Nigel please go fight on rcmb not here thx
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:50 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Nigel please go fight on rcmb not here thx

Fuck that, OTPT. #TeamSwill
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:30 am

Nordic wrote:Lol... get over it. You know what 'culture' needs to change? Academia living in a bubble. Step out into the real world.

“I think a lot of people don’t really know what’s going on,” said Phylis Floyd, an art history professor and member of the University Committee on Faculty Affairs. “The faculty is very unhappy that he was appointed.”

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:17 pm

MSU to bring in retired Michigan chief justice to handle conduct investigations
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 am

Engler to donate $510K salary back to Michigan State

Under the contract, Engler will receive an annual salary of $510,399, though he has voluntarily agreed to donate his earnings back to the university, said Trustee Dianne Byrum.

Engler, whose contract will remain in effect until the board hires a permanent president, has not yet announced which areas of the university he will donate his compensation to, she said.

Engler signed the contract Monday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:29 am

To the MSU campus community:

As I wrap up my third week as interim president of Michigan State, I want to give you an update on our activity.

From the beginning, a primary goal has been to foster a safer campus environment based on principles of respect and accountability, while recognizing that among us are survivors of sexual abuse who have raised serious concerns about how they were treated, how our community responded, and what is being done to prevent future assaults.

Certainly, Michigan State is not alone in the national reckoning stemming from the growing awareness of relationship abuse and sexual violence. Repugnant stories in the news about how powerful men treated women, the rising societal intolerance of relationship abuse and sexual violence stemming from that greater awareness, and the social media coverage, shocking #MeToo testimonials, and even revelations involving news organizations, including ESPN, FOX, and NBC, have made it clear to all that behaviors must change. This is a long overdue national conversation, and MSU is very much part of it. We have to respond and we have to lead.

I have been meeting with many MSU community members and groups, and they have given me feedback on the weaknesses in our current approach, as well as very constructive suggestions to improve our response to someone who has been the victim of a sexual assault. We’re ready now to act on the advice we’ve been given. To assist me, I’m announcing today the formation of a new Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Expert Advisory Workgroup.

The workgroup is composed of impressively qualified leaders from throughout the MSU community, individuals with expertise in handling issues of sexual misconduct and who are committed to prompt action. They will look at the various proposals and make recommendations to me.

The workgroup will begin work in the days ahead. The pace will be brisk. To assure that all inputs are received, we have set up an interactive feature on the president’s website: president.msu.edu.

The workgroup also will continue to solicit input from campus organizations, committees, and individuals to ensure that diverse viewpoints are considered, including the voices of students, faculty, staff, and alumni. This allows community members who might not otherwise have a chance to contribute suggestions and feedback to give us their best ideas.

Special attention also is being paid to the issue of prevention. We could use everyone’s help on this. While the workgroup will be expected to consider long-term issues associated with relationship violence and sexual assault, it also will move swiftly to formulate consensus on actions that can or need to be taken now.

We made another major announcement on February 14 about a new structure for our health colleges, clinical practices, and student wellness programs. Not only do we mean to improve near-term safety, transparency, and accountability for those served by our health care educational and clinical systems, we want to become a national model of alignment for quality and efficiency of health services.

Other recent actions:

MSU has now produced digital data equivalent to more than 80,000 pages of documentation to turn over to William Forsyth, the independent special counsel heading an investigation for the Michigan Attorney General’s Office. The equivalent of 15,000 pages has also been turned over to one of the investigating House committees in Washington, D.C.

Demonstrating the university’s commitment to full cooperation across the campus with legal and other inquiries, I sent a message to all MSU employees setting forth clear expectations that anyone contacted by the Office of the General Counsel is expected to provide full and prompt assistance. MSU also suspended a departmental administrator over concerns associated with such compliance.

To help us address the concerns of various federal departments and agencies of the Executive Branch and before Congress, MSU engaged former Michigan Gov. James J. Blanchard and his law firm, DLA Piper, in a one-year service agreement.

MSU moved to revoke tenure for William Strampel, former dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine. A request to the Office of the Provost began the process to terminate his employment as a faculty member.

To handle a rising number of sexual assault incident reports to MSU’s Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) and ensure more timely investigations, we enlisted Kroll, Inc., a leading global provider of investigative services, to serve as an independent third party to help investigate complaints filed under MSU’s Title IX Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Policy. Kroll began reviewing complaints immediately.

Working with our executive vice presidents, several positions were immediately authorized for addition to our sexual assault response resources, including a new Sexual Assault Program staff member, two staffers for the Employee Assistance Program and several Counseling and Psychiatric Services vacancies.

A number of administrative changes were made, including naming an interim athletic director, interim College of Osteopathic Medicine dean, new vice president and special counsel to the president, an interim vice president for legal affairs, and the engagement of former Michigan Supreme Court Chief Justice Robert Young of the Dickinson Wright law firm to oversee outside legal firms assisting MSU.

Finally, in addition to frequent meetings with administrative staff, including the provost, vice presidents, directors, and others, I’ve made it a point to begin developing relationships with students and faculty members including:
Council of Graduate Students president
Associated Students of MSU president
Council of Racial and Ethnic Students
Council of Progressive Students
African Students Leadership Association
Faculty Steering Committee at Large
Black Faculty, Staff, and Administrators Association
Sexual Violence Advisory Committee
Violence Free Communities
Student athletes
Athletic Council
It is my earnest hope that the steps we’re taking, and those to follow, will lay a solid foundation for a more safe and civil culture at Michigan State. Thank you for your own contributions toward this important end.

Sincerely,
John Engler
President
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:22 am

Nordic wrote:To the MSU campus community:

As I wrap up my third week as interim president of Michigan State, I want to give you an update on our activity.

From the beginning, a primary goal has been to foster a safer campus environment based on principles of respect and accountability, while recognizing that among us are survivors of sexual abuse who have raised serious concerns about how they were treated, how our community responded, and what is being done to prevent future assaults.

Certainly, Michigan State is not alone in the national reckoning stemming from the growing awareness of relationship abuse and sexual violence. Repugnant stories in the news about how powerful men treated women, the rising societal intolerance of relationship abuse and sexual violence stemming from that greater awareness, and the social media coverage, shocking #MeToo testimonials, and even revelations involving news organizations, including ESPN, FOX, and NBC, have made it clear to all that behaviors must change. This is a long overdue national conversation, and MSU is very much part of it. We have to respond and we have to lead.

I have been meeting with many MSU community members and groups, and they have given me feedback on the weaknesses in our current approach, as well as very constructive suggestions to improve our response to someone who has been the victim of a sexual assault. We’re ready now to act on the advice we’ve been given. To assist me, I’m announcing today the formation of a new Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Expert Advisory Workgroup.

The workgroup is composed of impressively qualified leaders from throughout the MSU community, individuals with expertise in handling issues of sexual misconduct and who are committed to prompt action. They will look at the various proposals and make recommendations to me.

The workgroup will begin work in the days ahead. The pace will be brisk. To assure that all inputs are received, we have set up an interactive feature on the president’s website: president.msu.edu.

The workgroup also will continue to solicit input from campus organizations, committees, and individuals to ensure that diverse viewpoints are considered, including the voices of students, faculty, staff, and alumni. This allows community members who might not otherwise have a chance to contribute suggestions and feedback to give us their best ideas.

Special attention also is being paid to the issue of prevention. We could use everyone’s help on this. While the workgroup will be expected to consider long-term issues associated with relationship violence and sexual assault, it also will move swiftly to formulate consensus on actions that can or need to be taken now.

We made another major announcement on February 14 about a new structure for our health colleges, clinical practices, and student wellness programs. Not only do we mean to improve near-term safety, transparency, and accountability for those served by our health care educational and clinical systems, we want to become a national model of alignment for quality and efficiency of health services.

Other recent actions:

MSU has now produced digital data equivalent to more than 80,000 pages of documentation to turn over to William Forsyth, the independent special counsel heading an investigation for the Michigan Attorney General’s Office. The equivalent of 15,000 pages has also been turned over to one of the investigating House committees in Washington, D.C.

Demonstrating the university’s commitment to full cooperation across the campus with legal and other inquiries, I sent a message to all MSU employees setting forth clear expectations that anyone contacted by the Office of the General Counsel is expected to provide full and prompt assistance. MSU also suspended a departmental administrator over concerns associated with such compliance.

To help us address the concerns of various federal departments and agencies of the Executive Branch and before Congress, MSU engaged former Michigan Gov. James J. Blanchard and his law firm, DLA Piper, in a one-year service agreement.

MSU moved to revoke tenure for William Strampel, former dean of the College of Osteopathic Medicine. A request to the Office of the Provost began the process to terminate his employment as a faculty member.

To handle a rising number of sexual assault incident reports to MSU’s Office of Institutional Equity (OIE) and ensure more timely investigations, we enlisted Kroll, Inc., a leading global provider of investigative services, to serve as an independent third party to help investigate complaints filed under MSU’s Title IX Relationship Violence and Sexual Misconduct Policy. Kroll began reviewing complaints immediately.

Working with our executive vice presidents, several positions were immediately authorized for addition to our sexual assault response resources, including a new Sexual Assault Program staff member, two staffers for the Employee Assistance Program and several Counseling and Psychiatric Services vacancies.

A number of administrative changes were made, including naming an interim athletic director, interim College of Osteopathic Medicine dean, new vice president and special counsel to the president, an interim vice president for legal affairs, and the engagement of former Michigan Supreme Court Chief Justice Robert Young of the Dickinson Wright law firm to oversee outside legal firms assisting MSU.

Finally, in addition to frequent meetings with administrative staff, including the provost, vice presidents, directors, and others, I’ve made it a point to begin developing relationships with students and faculty members including:
Council of Graduate Students president
Associated Students of MSU president
Council of Racial and Ethnic Students
Council of Progressive Students
African Students Leadership Association
Faculty Steering Committee at Large
Black Faculty, Staff, and Administrators Association
Sexual Violence Advisory Committee
Violence Free Communities
Student athletes
Athletic Council
It is my earnest hope that the steps we’re taking, and those to follow, will lay a solid foundation for a more safe and civil culture at Michigan State. Thank you for your own contributions toward this important end.

Sincerely,
John Engler
President
what a dick.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next