Ok! Who's read the DOOZY!?!

Go down

Ok! Who's read the DOOZY!?!

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-02, 13:21

Let's discuss how this unimpeachable and not at all misleading document lays out the deep state conspiracy against the Great American President Donald Trump.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: Ok! Who's read the DOOZY!?!

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-02-02, 13:29

I love when the "law and order" president is so scared of law enforcement that he creates a document that lies about law enforcement.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2018-02-02, 13:33

It does seem to raise major questions about the initial and subsequent renewals of the FISA warrant on Carter Page.
I think the term is 'Fruit of the poisonous tree'

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-02, 13:52

I.B. Fine wrote:It does seem to raise major questions about the initial and subsequent renewals of the FISA warrant on Carter Page.

Except it doesn't at all since the Steele dossier was not the primary justification for the FISA warrant. Like, at all.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2018-02-02, 14:00

Rocinante wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:It does seem to raise major questions about the initial and subsequent renewals of the FISA warrant on Carter Page.

Except it doesn't at all since the Steele dossier was not the primary justification for the FISA warrant. Like, at all.
I'll be waiting for the rebuttal from the FBI and the Justice Dept., forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-02-02, 14:11

I suspect the GOP has overplayed their hand with regard to this doozy.

However, that won't stop the knuckle-draggers from being outraged by it.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-02, 14:12

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I'll be waiting for the rebuttal from the FBI and the Justice Dept., forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

Have you read it?! It even admits that the popodopolous or whatever his name is investigation was already underway.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2018-02-02, 14:44

I don't think it declares anyone innocent, but it does call into question the behavior of several theoretically non-partisan players in the FBI and Justice.
Add in that McCabe sat on the fact that NYPD found more of Hillary's emails on Weiner's computer for a month, and maybe the FBI needed a shakeup.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-02-02, 15:01

I think it's in everyone's best interest to not believe anything that this administration says or releases.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-02, 15:56

I.B. Fine wrote:I don't think it declares anyone innocent, but it does call into question the behavior of several theoretically non-partisan players in the FBI and Justice.
Add in that McCabe sat on the fact that NYPD found more of Hillary's emails on Weiner's computer for a month, and maybe the FBI needed a shakeup.

They're trying to argue that the dossier's funding sources ruin the credibility of the research. And Steele's professional training and background make that a highly suspect claim. Not to mention that FISA warrants against citizens are not granted without a preponderance of evidence. The dossier was only one part (by all accounts a small part) of the justification.

The only thing they have is a claim that our highest law enforcement agency is stacked with Democrats (HA!) and that the bias against Trump made them falsify evidence used to get a judge to agree to a warrant. This is the "deep state" bullshit. It's all shit. It's a complete bag of shit.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2018-02-02, 16:01

Rocinante wrote: The dossier was only one part (by all accounts a small part) of the justification.
Oh, so this is a lie and we'll see documentation of it any minute.
“Deputy Director McCabe testified before the committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information,”

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake on 2018-02-02, 16:14

I.B. Fine wrote:
Rocinante wrote: The dossier was only one part (by all accounts a small part) of the justification.
“Deputy Director McCabe testified before the committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information,”

People knowledgeable on the matter have already said the memo is basically bullshit. They cannot release any details as the investigation is still classified information. We do know that Carter Page was under FBI investigation as early as 2013 though.

You'd have to be an absolute fucking moron to believe the white house's version of the truth on just about anything. This in particular is an obvious, piss poor attempt at establishing an excuse to fire Mueller, which will hilariously backfire if they actually go through with it.
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2018-02-02, 16:44

Steele was considered one of the highest authorities on Russian commercial sector activities which anyone with half a brain knows is wildly corrupt.  To the point of murder.  So Steeles adamant concerns about a Trump presidency are valid.  If anyone knows that Trump could be compromised, its him.

kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-02-02, 16:48

The pee tape is definitely real.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-02, 16:54

I.B. Fine wrote:

They'd been watching Page's relationship with Russia since 2013. Maybe McCabe said that, maybe he was taken out of context, I don't know. I do know that the Dossier was one part of a long investigation.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-02, 16:56

kingstonlake wrote:Steele was considered one of the highest authorities on Russian commercial sector activities which anyone with half a brain knows is wildly corrupt.  To the point of murder.  So Steeles adamant concerns about a Trump presidency are valid.  If anyone knows that Trump could be compromised, its him.

Exactly. Maybe the quote from DAG Ohr is real, but if the context is "he really didn't want Trump to become president because he knew the Kremlin had him in their pocket" well that changes things a little doesn't it?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-02, 16:58

The frothing on right wing television was always the aim of this bag of crap. I swear they want a civil war.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-02-02, 17:15

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasnt this Steele dossier originally funded by Republicans? It was only offered to the DNC after Trump won the nomination.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-02, 17:27

tGreenWay wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasnt this Steele dossier originally funded by Republicans? It was only offered to the DNC after Trump won the nomination.

Not really. Fusion GPS was hired by R's to do Oppo research on Trump, but I think Steele produced the dossier while on the Dem payroll. That is not to say that the information in the Dossier hadn't been known to him (and others in the IC) for a long time prior to that. Because it had.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-02, 17:32

At least I think that's how it went. It's been a while since I read all that.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard on 2018-02-03, 05:08

I'd understand all the tin foil types out there if the center of the controversy was about popodopolous, not the known Russian sympathizer Carter Page.  The investigation by the fbi was long underway by the time all this bullshit dossier, FISA warrant, conspiracy theory, etc came along.

Also a critical fact for me is that the surveillance of Page came AFTER he'd had already left the trump campaign.  Also a fact is that the trump campaign made no bones at the time, they were DISTANCING themselves from Page.  So if the fbi was trying to spy on trump to add to their ongoing investigation by intentionally misleading the FISA by getting approval to spy on someone who had already left the campaign, they sure are pretty stupid.

What motivation did the fbi have by spying on someone who WAS NO LONGER ASSOCIATED WITH TRUMP, but wanted to use him to bolster their case against trump?

The other possibility is the fbi went to the FISA court because they wanted to REOPEN a surveillance of a guy who made several trips to Russia AFTER LEAVING the campaign and openly criticized the sanctions by the USA to a number of high ranking Russian officials WHILE IN MOSCOW.  No, that can't be the reason.  It has to be a conspiracy.

Page is not critical to the Mueller investigation.  Back in 2013, when he was hanging out with convicted Russian spies, he was considered an "idiot" by those very same Russian operatives.  Mueller apparently thinks pretty much the same thing, because he's got a guilty verdict from popodopolous, but to the very best of our knowledge, HASN'T EVEN BEEN REQUESTED TO INTERVIEW PAGE, WHO IS A NOBODY.

So IF the fbi is somehow guilty of tipping the scales against Carter Page, it didn't help their collusion case against trump, so he's pretty much useless to Mueller.  And Page was literally considered an "idiot" by the Russkies.  So the only person here who has a real reason to bitch is is known RUSSIAN SYMPATHIZER CARTER PAGE, who's civil rights might have been violated.  Which leads to my question as to why the fuck is the Republican party so suddenly interested in the Civil Rights of an idiot/nobody?

TL:DR  Who the fuck is carter page and why do we care?

Last edited by Frank Ricard on 2018-02-03, 05:33; edited 1 time in total

Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard on 2018-02-03, 05:30

I.B. Fine wrote:

That quote attributed to McCabe is HIGHLY disputed. Just because this Devin Nunes said it, doesn't mean it's true. The truth of who's version is right may never be fully known, but the transcript from McCabe's testimony is CLASSIFIED.

It's real easy to make up bullshit when you know the truth will probably never see the light of day for the public to see. As in all other matters, the burden of proof is with the accuser, so since Nunes can't prove this statement without literally breaking the law by releasing yet another classified document, then this alleged statement by McCabe is to be filed under Bullshit.

Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-03, 15:32

DOOOZZZZYYYYYYYY

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-02-03, 18:01

Donnie says the Nunes memo completely vindicated him in the Mueller investigation.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad on 2018-02-03, 20:47

It was more like a snoozy. Sleep
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-03, 23:46

That Michigan education serving your pun game well.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-02-04, 13:56

Donald Trump Jr. Says The GOP Memo His Dad Declassified Is 'A Little Bit Of Sweet Revenge'

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-jr-the-memo_us_5a772b3be4b06ee97af3bc07

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-09, 15:48

Doozy wasn't enough so they released doozy 2: Graham and Grassley Boogaloo!

In the end, the narrative being pushed to protect the president from the impending steamroller of the Mueller investigation goes like this: Nunes quote - “Hillary Clinton colluded with the Russians to get dirt on Trump to feed it to the FBI to open up an investigation into the other campaign.”

Reality is Clinton campaign hired a research firm that hired a researcher who spoke to Russian sources. The whole conspiracy theory goes off the rails when you start saying that Clinton fed Steele and the FBI information and pushed for an investigation.

Maybe Hillary also hired the Russians to entrap Don Jr. with the meeting promising dirt on her? Maybe she hacked the DNC and released her own emails? Maybe she colluded with Putin to have him push fake news supporting Trump in order to make it look like he was the favorite of the Russians so that she could pin that on him and get elected? #HillaryFail

All the meetings with Manafort, and Papadopoulus and Page and Flynn were also set up by Killery.

The breadth of the amount of willful ignorance it takes to look at all the evidence we know of now (which ain't half of it) and say that this is some kind of conspiracy to subvert the will of the people is staggering.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum