tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Go down

tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by SawGreen on 2018-02-03, 18:37

I like cool shit, and when I find it, I like to share it. I also like to read about cool shit.

So, I bought this on a recommendation of a Canadian. It's a folding bow saw. Good for backpacking or low-profile storage. I haven't used it, but based on the fit, it looks very sturdy.

Agawa Canyon



avatar
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1557
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-02-03, 18:45

I was hoping you were going to say you bought these hard boiled cooking things I saw in an infomercial today.

avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16088
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by SawGreen on 2018-02-03, 18:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:I was hoping you were going to say you bought these hard boiled cooking things I saw in an infomercial today.


I have used something real similar for the microwave. They worked really well.
avatar
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1557
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-02-03, 19:08

I broke down yesterday and started down the path of small farm again......



Ordered 30 chicks, figured I might as well offer free eggs along with the books.

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.  – H. L. Mencken
Travis is a whiny little bitch. - Goose
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40521
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by SawGreen on 2018-02-03, 19:18

LooseGoose wrote:I broke down yesterday and started down the path of small farm again......

Ordered 30 chicks, figured I might as well offer free eggs along with the books.

That is cool. We've had chickens for going on 25 years. Never regretted it. Watch out for racoons.
avatar
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1557
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-02-03, 19:27

SawGreen wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I broke down yesterday and started down the path of small farm again......

Ordered 30 chicks, figured I might as well offer free eggs along with the books.

That is cool. We've had chickens for going on 25 years. Never regretted it. Watch out for racoons.

I like chickens, used to have quite the flock. Once upon a time I used to raise ducks/geese for D'Artagnan.
I sold the last of my birds, my coop and all my equipment about 5 years ago. Now I need to go build a new coop.

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.  – H. L. Mencken
Travis is a whiny little bitch. - Goose
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40521
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by The Pantry on 2018-02-03, 19:31

Floyd Robertson wrote:I was hoping you were going to say you bought these hard boiled cooking things I saw in an infomercial today.

This is the egg cooker I got sent via Amazon for free a few weeks ago.  The directions that came with it are kind of cryptic so have not tried it yet.  Will have to read reviews and Q&A's



https://www.amazon.com/oz-zine-XMS640-Microwave-Silicone-Poaching/dp/B071CPNPPM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1517703801&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=cozzine+microwave+egg+poacher&psc=1
avatar
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 9482
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by MSU addict on 2018-02-03, 19:50

SawGreen wrote:I like cool shit, and when I find it, I like to share it. I also like to read about cool shit.

So, I bought this on a recommendation of a Canadian. It's a folding bow saw. Good for backpacking or low-profile storage. I haven't used it, but based on the fit, it looks very sturdy.

Agawa Canyon


Considering your screen name, one would have to assume you would be pleased with the purchase.
avatar
MSU addict
Spartiate

Posts : 734
Join date : 2014-04-29

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-02-06, 12:01

This might be the coolest ad I've seen.   Understated but effective.


_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.  – H. L. Mencken
Travis is a whiny little bitch. - Goose
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 40521
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by SawGreen on 2018-05-17, 21:42

I need more cool stuff from y'all...but I did buy a UTV a month ago (Odes from Farm & Home), and I confess that I really love it. I've got unique application at the home farm and some north property, so it is applicable.

They're a shit coin of $$, but once spent, I'm finding it to be a pretty unique and handy investment.
avatar
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1557
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by Nordic on 2018-05-17, 22:14

I have confession as well....I don't know what a UTV is
avatar
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 7373
Join date : 2014-05-08

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-05-17, 22:17

Nordic wrote:I have confession as well....I don't know what a UTV is

I'm glad you asked, saved me the embarrassment.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16088
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2018-05-17, 22:21

avatar
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 5934
Join date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by SawGreen on 2018-05-17, 22:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Nordic wrote:I have confession as well....I don't know what a UTV is

I'm glad you asked, saved me the embarrassment.

Utility Vehicle... A side-by-side ATV. Many have a small bed (like a pickup truck), winch, decent ground clearance and can tolerate a few feet of water.
avatar
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 1557
Join date : 2014-04-21

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-05-17, 22:26

SawGreen wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm glad you asked, saved me the embarrassment.

Utility Vehicle... A side-by-side ATV. Many have a small bed (like a pickup truck), winch, decent ground clearance and can tolerate a few feet of water.

Oh, gotcha.
avatar
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 16088
Join date : 2014-04-15
Location : Rolling Hills

Back to top Go down

Re: tOfficial I Bought Some Cool Shit thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum