Another high school shooting. Florida

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Clarett's Folly on 2018-02-15, 13:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Surprise surprise. Trump is going to come to Florida.
I suspect he'll enjoy some golf.. and blame the classmates and neighbors for this.. unless the weather is Stormy.

then they'll just call in the prostitutes and underaged girls.

Ayyyyyyyy!
avatar
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 3280
Join date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-02-15, 13:39

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I suspect he'll enjoy some golf.. and blame the classmates and neighbors for this.. unless the weather is Stormy.

then they'll just call in the prostitutes and underaged girls.

Ayyyyyyyy!
it's way too easy.. Wink
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-02-15, 13:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:
yet...


Anyone else notice this bit of incongruity?
I'm in favor of putting anyone advocating a "white ethno-state" immediately in a looney bin..
You’re breaking down the comments to reporters of 16 year olds who were just involved in a mass shooting. Congratulations on finding an inconsistency I guess?
Those comments are by the leader of the white nationalist militia that Cruz belonged to.

Trying paying attention, Travis.
avatar
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2836
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Miami, FL

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by I.B. Fine on 2018-02-15, 13:57

Thanks, Miami Spartan

Comments of Jordan Jereb, who is 21-22, apparently, a spokesperson for their whacked out group.
Hopefully since his brush with the law, his 2nd Amendment rights have been curtailed.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/05/11/extremist-nut-arrested-after-threatening-scott-staffer/84223924/


Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2018-02-15, 14:00; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Betteridge’s law: “Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no.”
avatar
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2711
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : Namaste, Bitches

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Travis of the Cosmos on 2018-02-15, 14:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
You’re breaking down the comments to reporters of 16 year olds who were just involved in a mass shooting. Congratulations on finding an inconsistency I guess?
Those comments are by the leader of the white nationalist militia that Cruz belonged to.

Trying paying attention, Travis.
Oh oops. I saw a kid saying something like that yesterday. My bad.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17600
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-02-15, 14:18

Damnit Travis, tighten it up.

_________________
There's the right way, the wrong way, and the GreenWay.
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24159
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-02-15, 15:00

so Marco Rubio - who the NRA - America's Terrorist Organization just loves - just said:

"I'm trying to be clear and honest here, someone who has decided to commit this crime, they will find a way to get the gun to do it."

so, basically, he's advocating for getting rid of every law on the books.. scratch
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-02-15, 16:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so Marco Rubio - who the NRA - America's Terrorist Organization just loves - just said:

"I'm trying to be clear and honest here, someone who has decided to commit this crime, they will find a way to get the gun to do it."

so, basically, he's advocating for getting rid of every law on the books.. scratch

Another person with the power to bring about actual change just saying, "Welp, nuttin' can be done. Thoughts and prayers I guess." Sad. Truly sad.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13967
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Rocinante on 2018-02-15, 16:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so Marco Rubio - who the NRA - America's Terrorist Organization just loves - just said:

"I'm trying to be clear and honest here, someone who has decided to commit this crime, they will find a way to get the gun to do it."

so, basically, he's advocating for getting rid of every law on the books.. scratch

Except Stand Your Ground.

_________________
It's only a matter of time before this thing blows up in our faces.
avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12975
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-02-15, 19:40

Tragic.

If only Republicans and the NRA valued children attending school as much as they value children in a uterus.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-02-15, 19:50

Apparently, evidence is thin that the shooter has connections to the Florida white nationalist group. Not totally stepping back from the story, yet, anyway.

*Stand by for link

3,2,1... and go for link

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/evidence-linking-alleged-shooter-to-white-supremacist-group-is-unraveling_us_5a860d74e4b004fc3190630c
avatar
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 24159
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by msugolfguy on 2018-02-15, 23:35

Clarett's Folly wrote:Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel just advocated in a press conference the expansion of the Baker Act in Florida which essentially allows the state to lock you up for an indeterminate amount of time if someone thinks you might be crazy.
So... y'know... fuck your 5th Amendment rights but don't you dare touch my 2nd Amendment rights.

You should probably think through this topic. We're now at a point where the 1st and 2nd are the only thing that matters. It's almost as if you could get away with the rest and not a big deal. Irony is that these are the same people who say they support the constitution but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they couldn't name anything past the 2nd.

On the other hand they support state sponsored killings by our criminal justice system but want to be called pro life. Go ahead and logically work your way through that one.
avatar
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Posts : 217
Join date : 2014-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by LooseGoose Yesterday at 00:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Tragic.

If only Republicans and the NRA valued children attending school as much as they value children in a uterus.

So stupid. All on the Rs while he ignores that in 2009/10 the Dems had the House, a filibuster proof Senate and the Presidency and passed ZERO gun laws. Why are you giving them a pass?

And so more of the parroted bullshit shot down by the right wing Washington Post.

Washington Post: No, There Haven’t Been 18 School Shootings So Far This Year

Everytown has long inflated its total by including incidents of gunfire that are not really school shootings. Take, for example, what it counts as the year’s first: On the afternoon of Jan. 3, a 31-year-old man who had parked outside a Michigan elementary school called police to say he was armed and suicidal. Several hours later, he killed himself. The school, however, had been closed for seven months. There were no teachers. There were no students.

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. – H. L. Mencken
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Yesterday at 00:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Tragic.

If only Republicans and the NRA valued children attending school as much as they value children in a uterus.

So stupid.  All on the Rs while he ignores that in 2009/10 the Dems had the House, a filibuster proof Senate and the Presidency and passed ZERO gun laws.     Why are you giving them a pass?    

And so more of the parroted bullshit shot down by the right wing Washington Post.  

Washington Post: No, There Haven’t Been 18 School Shootings So Far This Year

Everytown has long inflated its total by including incidents of gunfire that are not really school shootings. Take, for example, what it counts as the year’s first: On the afternoon of Jan. 3, a 31-year-old man who had parked outside a Michigan elementary school called police to say he was armed and suicidal. Several hours later, he killed himself. The school, however, had been closed for seven months. There were no teachers. There were no students.
And for you that’s different from republicans doing absolutely zilch, zero, nada about abortion because......

They get a pass from you though for no apparent reason.

As for guns I’d argue that we had the wrong democrats at the time. The time will inevitably come when they have that chance again and we’ll see if they fuck us as hard as republicans fuck you. Hope they don’t. We’ll just have to see, and then if they do fuck us we’ll see if we come off as big of idiots chasing a carrot as you do

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17600
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano Yesterday at 05:47

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Tragic.

If only Republicans and the NRA valued children attending school as much as they value children in a uterus.

So stupid. All on the Rs while he ignores that in 2009/10 the Dems had the House, a filibuster proof Senate and the Presidency and passed ZERO gun laws. Why are you giving them a pass?

And so more of the parroted bullshit shot down by the right wing Washington Post.

Washington Post: No, There Haven’t Been 18 School Shootings So Far This Year

Everytown has long inflated its total by including incidents of gunfire that are not really school shootings. Take, for example, what it counts as the year’s first: On the afternoon of Jan. 3, a 31-year-old man who had parked outside a Michigan elementary school called police to say he was armed and suicidal. Several hours later, he killed himself. The school, however, had been closed for seven months. There were no teachers. There were no students.
You're welcome to believe what you wish, but I'm not going to apologize for valuing life.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano Yesterday at 07:37

a mother who has to arrange her 14 year old daughter's funeral begs the sexual predator to do something... and I don't think she's talking about thoughts and prayers or a round of golf.




avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by DWags Yesterday at 07:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a mother who has to arrange her 14 year old daughter's funeral begs the sexual predator to do something... and I don't think she's talking about thoughts and prayers or a round of golf.






Now is not the time to talk about this.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25610
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by msugolfguy Yesterday at 07:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a mother who has to arrange her 14 year old daughter's funeral begs the sexual predator to do something... and I don't think she's talking about thoughts and prayers or a round of golf.






Bob, bob, bob. Stop your viture signaling and let's tackle abortion first.

Sincerely,
People who don't live in the real world.
avatar
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Posts : 217
Join date : 2014-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano Yesterday at 08:27

in a shock to nobody, the thrice-married family values icon, advocate for personal responsibility and drug-addicted Rush Limbaugh blames Hillary Clinton for the school shooting:

Limbaugh: "Hillary Clinton and the Democrats have the FBI so occupied tracking down something that didn't happen, they may not have the resources to pull this kid off the street"

scratch  
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by msugolfguy Yesterday at 08:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:in a shock to nobody, the thrice-married family values icon, advocate for personal responsibility and drug-addicted Rush Limbaugh blames Hillary Clinton for the school shooting:

Limbaugh: "Hillary Clinton and the Democrats have the FBI so occupied tracking down something that didn't happen, they may not have the resources to pull this kid off the street"

scratch  

Boy they must be really feeling the pressure if they are pulling that out. I was turned into Breibart radio and man they know it's starting to be a losing battle. Someone blamed it on football being taken away from the youth. Lol, like it has nothing to do with the fact multiple hits to the head delay development at a young age ooo no, its the liberals fault. Another blamed it on boys not being able to fight in school. Fantastic.
avatar
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Posts : 217
Join date : 2014-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano Yesterday at 08:39

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:in a shock to nobody, the thrice-married family values icon, advocate for personal responsibility and drug-addicted Rush Limbaugh blames Hillary Clinton for the school shooting:



scratch  

Boy they must be really feeling the pressure if they are pulling that out. I was turned into Breibart radio and man they know it's starting to be a losing battle. Someone blamed it on football being taken away from the youth. Lol, like it has nothing to do with the fact multiple hits to the head delay development at a young age ooo no, its the liberals fault. Another blamed it on boys not being able to fight in school. Fantastic.
I guess having a fetish with guns and a disregard for human life alters one's ability to participate in rational thought.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by DWags Yesterday at 08:41

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:in a shock to nobody, the thrice-married family values icon, advocate for personal responsibility and drug-addicted Rush Limbaugh blames Hillary Clinton for the school shooting:



scratch  

Boy they must be really feeling the pressure if they are pulling that out. I was turned into Breibart radio and man they know it's starting to be a losing battle. Someone blamed it on football being taken away from the youth. Lol, like it has nothing to do with the fact multiple hits to the head delay development at a young age ooo no, its the liberals fault. Another blamed it on boys not being able to fight in school. Fantastic.


Honestly if those calls are real, we’re fucked.

_________________
avatar
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25610
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 56
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by msugolfguy Yesterday at 08:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

Boy they must be really feeling the pressure if they are pulling that out. I was turned into Breibart radio and man they know it's starting to be a losing battle. Someone blamed it on football being taken away from the youth. Lol, like it has nothing to do with the fact multiple hits to the head delay development at a young age ooo no, its the liberals fault. Another blamed it on boys not being able to fight in school. Fantastic.
I guess having a fetish with guns and a disregard for human life alters one's ability to participate in rational thought.


In fairness if this were a Mulism then the entire Middle East would be bombed out by the end of the month and travel ban would be back front and center. A prime example of limited government.
avatar
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Posts : 217
Join date : 2014-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by msugolfguy Yesterday at 08:48

DWags wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

Boy they must be really feeling the pressure if they are pulling that out. I was turned into Breibart radio and man they know it's starting to be a losing battle. Someone blamed it on football being taken away from the youth. Lol, like it has nothing to do with the fact multiple hits to the head delay development at a young age ooo no, its the liberals fault. Another blamed it on boys not being able to fight in school. Fantastic.


Honestly if those calls are real, we’re fucked.

Yup, real calls. A 3rd one blamed it on transgender people. Because you know .0000001 percent of the population put a gun in that kids hands and told him to kill his peers.

I'm at the point where about half of the country has no interest in participating in society at all.
avatar
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Posts : 217
Join date : 2014-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Yesterday at 09:11

DWags wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

Boy they must be really feeling the pressure if they are pulling that out. I was turned into Breibart radio and man they know it's starting to be a losing battle. Someone blamed it on football being taken away from the youth. Lol, like it has nothing to do with the fact multiple hits to the head delay development at a young age ooo no, its the liberals fault. Another blamed it on boys not being able to fight in school. Fantastic.


Honestly if those calls are real, we’re fucked.

That type of logic is pretty pervasive on Breitbart. You think Goose is bad with the way he twists things? He's got nothing on those morans. They live on a different planet.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13967
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano Yesterday at 09:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:


Honestly if those calls are real, we’re fucked.

That type of logic is pretty pervasive on Breitbart. You think Goose is bad with the way he twists things? He's got nothing on those morans. They live on a different planet.
I suspect they're sort of the fringe types.. the ones who thought Obama was listening to them through their toaster ovens..

I could be wrong - I readily admit that with the election of the sexual predator, the intellectually-challenged, paranoid, angry, gullible American now has an advocate in the White House who takes advantage of their stupidity, racism and paranoia.
avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano Yesterday at 09:43

always fun when a rich, white snowflake fan of 2nd Amendment rights tells black people they don't have 1st Amendment rights..

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Yesterday at 09:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:always fun when a rich, white snowflake fan of 2nd Amendment rights tells black people they don't have 1st Amendment rights..


Barely intelligible? I was able to understand that James thinks he doesn't give a fuck about the public. What didn't you understand? Pretty funny when she rails on them making ignorant comments.
avatar
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 13967
Join date : 2014-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by LooseGoose Yesterday at 10:12

Saw this elsewhere today and it makes some sense.

Dems are arguing that we should keep all illegal immigrants here and that's it's unfair to condemn them all because a few of them are criminals and murderers.

Dems are arguing that all gun owners and the NRA are murderers with blood on their hands because of a few crazies that commit mass murders.

Tribes - pick and choose your arguments.

_________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. – H. L. Mencken
avatar
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 37442
Join date : 2014-04-18
Age : 97
Location : Up North

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano Yesterday at 10:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:always fun when a rich, white snowflake fan of 2nd Amendment rights tells black people they don't have 1st Amendment rights..


Barely intelligible? I was able to understand that James thinks he doesn't give a fuck about the public. What didn't you understand? Pretty funny when she rails on them making ignorant comments.
I suspect she was upset that a black person with a huge audience decided to articulate opinions different from hers.

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by msugolfguy Yesterday at 10:21

LooseGoose wrote:Saw this elsewhere today and it makes some sense.

Dems are arguing that we should keep all illegal immigrants here and that's it's unfair to condemn them all because a few of them are criminals and murderers.

Dems are arguing that all gun owners and the NRA are murderers with blood on their hands because of a few crazies that commit mass murders.

Tribes - pick and choose your arguments.

I don't think illegal immigrants should stay here but I do believe kids that were brought here at a young age should have a pathway to citizenship. I think that's the general argument.

In regards to guns good luck with that uphill battle. You're unwilling to move anywhere is going to cost you. Breibart is feeling the heat and they know public is turning on them.

avatar
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Posts : 217
Join date : 2014-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by GRR Spartan Yesterday at 10:22


[/quote] I'm at the point where about half of the country has no interest in participating in society at all.[/quote]

Which is what the GOP and the Trumpites want.

The more people they can get disgusted and turned off means they can win at the polls.
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6324
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Yesterday at 10:24

Bob why did you post that why did i watch that i hate everyone
avatar
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 23831
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Denver, CO

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Yesterday at 10:25

msugolfguy wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Saw this elsewhere today and it makes some sense.

Dems are arguing that we should keep all illegal immigrants here and that's it's unfair to condemn them all because a few of them are criminals and murderers.

Dems are arguing that all gun owners and the NRA are murderers with blood on their hands because of a few crazies that commit mass murders.

Tribes - pick and choose your arguments.

I don't think illegal immigrants should stay here but I do believe kids that were brought here at a young age should have a pathway to citizenship. I think that's the general argument.

In regards to guns good luck with that uphill battle. You're unwilling to move anywhere is going to cost you. Breibart is feeling the heat and they know public is turning on them.

Of course they just make shit up with regard to democrats position on immigration. Their own is so overtly racist and disgusting that people like goose need to just make something up to try to drag others in the mud with them.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17600
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano Yesterday at 10:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob why did you post that why did i watch that i hate everyone
No

avatar
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 25565
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by I.B. Fine Yesterday at 10:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:delicate combination between common sense gun control, breakdown in families, devaluing of human life, quality universal healthcare including treatment for mental health needs, an overall feeling of empathy, compassion and a shared sense of responsibility within society.

If this is real, why fixate solely on the gun part of the equation, when like you say it is only part? I think the majority of the population can go along with tightening gun control in some areas, but how does that impact the devaluation of life in general, the breakdown of the family, the way this kid was lost by the system when his mother died, apparently had no one to anchor his reality.
Also, people tried to report him, but that part of the system failed completely, as well.
This is not (for fear of being non PC) a black and white situation, the availability of the gun exacerbated the situation, but it didn't create it.
These incidents have been going on longer than AR-15s have been on the market.
Bath School Massacre

_________________
Betteridge’s law: “Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no.”
avatar
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 2711
Join date : 2014-05-07
Location : Namaste, Bitches

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by GRR Spartan Yesterday at 10:40

LooseGoose wrote:Saw this elsewhere today and it makes some sense.

Dems are arguing that we should keep all illegal immigrants here and that's it's unfair to condemn them all because a few of them are criminals and murderers.

Dems are arguing that all gun owners and the NRA are murderers with blood on their hands because of a few crazies that commit mass murders.

Tribes - pick and choose your arguments.

All Democrats are not calling all gun owners murderers but that doesn't fit into the FoxNews/Breitbart narrative.

Although we reportedly have enough guns in the US where everyone could have one, only one third of Americans own more than one.  According to Pew 16% of Democrats own guns while 41% of Republicans own guns.

Interestingly after 11M guns were sold in the US in 2016 there were only 4M sold in 2017.  Ironic that without having Hillary Clinton being used as a threat and a more gun friendly Trump winning The White House, fewer people are in a rush to get more guns.
avatar
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 6324
Join date : 2014-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Yesterday at 10:45

I.B. Fine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:delicate combination between common sense gun control, breakdown in families, devaluing of human life, quality universal healthcare including treatment for mental health needs, an overall feeling of empathy, compassion and a shared sense of responsibility within society.

If this is real, why fixate solely on the gun part of the equation, when like you say it is only part? I think the majority of the population can go along with tightening gun control in some areas, but how does that impact the devaluation of life in general, the breakdown of the family, the way this kid was lost by the system when his mother died, apparently had no one to anchor his reality.
Also, people tried to report him, but that part of the system failed completely, as well.
This is not (for fear of being non PC) a black and white situation, the availability of the gun exacerbated the situation, but it didn't create it.
These incidents have been going on longer than AR-15s have been on the market.
Bath School Massacre
and yet we do nothing.

_________________
I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.

2016 SWILL PICK EM (co)CHAMPION!
avatar
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 17600
Join date : 2014-04-15
Age : 33
Location : Right behind you

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by msugolfguy Yesterday at 10:51

I.B. Fine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:delicate combination between common sense gun control, breakdown in families, devaluing of human life, quality universal healthcare including treatment for mental health needs, an overall feeling of empathy, compassion and a shared sense of responsibility within society.

If this is real, why fixate solely on the gun part of the equation, when like you say it is only part? I think the majority of the population can go along with tightening gun control in some areas, but how does that impact the devaluation of life in general, the breakdown of the family, the way this kid was lost by the system when his mother died, apparently had no one to anchor his reality.
Also, people tried to report him, but that part of the system failed completely, as well.
This is not (for fear of being non PC) a black and white situation, the availability of the gun exacerbated the situation, but it didn't create it.
These incidents have been going on longer than AR-15s have been on the market.
Bath School Massacre

Agreed. The mental health community could help with additional support. Yet we got half the people that want to build an 18 billion dollar wall.

Reserach has shown you can increase funding in the mental health treatment areas at a fraction of the cost. It'll probably save more lives than the wall but then we'd probably be giving jobs to liberal elite social worker and school therapists. Tough call for the Republican party.
avatar
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Posts : 217
Join date : 2014-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Rocinante Yesterday at 11:03

Let's start calling it "uterus" instead of "school". Then maybe republicans will care about the kids inside.

_________________
It's only a matter of time before this thing blows up in our faces.
avatar
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12975
Join date : 2014-04-21
Location : East Lansing, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum