Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another high school shooting. Florida

+23
Floyd Robertson
Dendrobates
AnomanderRake
msugolfguy
Clarett's Folly
GirbaudJeans
Turtleneck
Cameron
Dr. Strangelove
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Nordic
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
27 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 4 Empty Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-02-15, 13:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Surprise surprise. Trump is going to come to Florida.
I suspect he'll enjoy some golf.. and blame the classmates and neighbors for this.. unless the weather is Stormy.

then they'll just call in the prostitutes and underaged girls.

Ayyyyyyyy!
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 4 Empty Re: Another high school shooting. Florida

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-15, 13:39

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I suspect he'll enjoy some golf.. and blame the classmates and neighbors for this.. unless the weather is Stormy.

then they'll just call in the prostitutes and underaged girls.

Ayyyyyyyy!
it's way too easy.. Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-02-15, 13:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:
yet...

Anyone else notice this bit of incongruity?
I'm in favor of putting anyone advocating a "white ethno-state" immediately in a looney bin..
You’re breaking down the comments to reporters of 16 year olds who were just involved in a mass shooting. Congratulations on finding an inconsistency I guess?
Those comments are by the leader of the white nationalist militia that Cruz belonged to.

Trying paying attention, Travis.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-15, 13:57

Thanks, Miami Spartan

Comments of Jordan Jereb, who is 21-22, apparently, a spokesperson for their whacked out group.
Hopefully since his brush with the law, his 2nd Amendment rights have been curtailed.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/05/11/extremist-nut-arrested-after-threatening-scott-staffer/84223924/

Last edited by I.B. Fine on 2018-02-15, 14:00; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-15, 14:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
You’re breaking down the comments to reporters of 16 year olds who were just involved in a mass shooting. Congratulations on finding an inconsistency I guess?
Those comments are by the leader of the white nationalist militia that Cruz belonged to.

Trying paying attention, Travis.
Oh oops. I saw a kid saying something like that yesterday. My bad.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-15, 14:18

Damnit Travis, tighten it up.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-15, 15:00

so Marco Rubio - who the NRA - America's Terrorist Organization just loves - just said:

"I'm trying to be clear and honest here, someone who has decided to commit this crime, they will find a way to get the gun to do it."

so, basically, he's advocating for getting rid of every law on the books.. scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-15, 16:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so Marco Rubio - who the NRA - America's Terrorist Organization just loves - just said:

"I'm trying to be clear and honest here, someone who has decided to commit this crime, they will find a way to get the gun to do it."

so, basically, he's advocating for getting rid of every law on the books.. scratch

Another person with the power to bring about actual change just saying, "Welp, nuttin' can be done. Thoughts and prayers I guess." Sad. Truly sad.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-15, 16:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so Marco Rubio - who the NRA - America's Terrorist Organization just loves - just said:

Except Stand Your Ground.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-15, 19:40

Tragic.

If only Republicans and the NRA valued children attending school as much as they value children in a uterus.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-02-15, 19:50

Apparently, evidence is thin that the shooter has connections to the Florida white nationalist group. Not totally stepping back from the story, yet, anyway.

*Stand by for link

3,2,1... and go for link

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/evidence-linking-alleged-shooter-to-white-supremacist-group-is-unraveling_us_5a860d74e4b004fc3190630c
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-15, 23:35

Clarett's Folly wrote:Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel just advocated in a press conference the expansion of the Baker Act in Florida which essentially allows the state to lock you up for an indeterminate amount of time if someone thinks you might be crazy.
So... y'know... fuck your 5th Amendment rights but don't you dare touch my 2nd Amendment rights.

You should probably think through this topic. We're now at a point where the 1st and 2nd are the only thing that matters. It's almost as if you could get away with the rest and not a big deal. Irony is that these are the same people who say they support the constitution but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts they couldn't name anything past the 2nd.

On the other hand they support state sponsored killings by our criminal justice system but want to be called pro life. Go ahead and logically work your way through that one.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-16, 00:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Tragic.

If only Republicans and the NRA valued children attending school as much as they value children in a uterus.

So stupid. All on the Rs while he ignores that in 2009/10 the Dems had the House, a filibuster proof Senate and the Presidency and passed ZERO gun laws. Why are you giving them a pass?

And so more of the parroted bullshit shot down by the right wing Washington Post.

Washington Post: No, There Haven’t Been 18 School Shootings So Far This Year

Everytown has long inflated its total by including incidents of gunfire that are not really school shootings. Take, for example, what it counts as the year’s first: On the afternoon of Jan. 3, a 31-year-old man who had parked outside a Michigan elementary school called police to say he was armed and suicidal. Several hours later, he killed himself. The school, however, had been closed for seven months. There were no teachers. There were no students.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-16, 00:22

LooseGoose wrote:

So stupid.  All on the Rs while he ignores that in 2009/10 the Dems had the House, a filibuster proof Senate and the Presidency and passed ZERO gun laws.     Why are you giving them a pass?    

And so more of the parroted bullshit shot down by the right wing Washington Post.  

Everytown has long inflated its total by including incidents of gunfire that are not really school shootings. Take, for example, what it counts as the year’s first: On the afternoon of Jan. 3, a 31-year-old man who had parked outside a Michigan elementary school called police to say he was armed and suicidal. Several hours later, he killed himself. The school, however, had been closed for seven months. There were no teachers. There were no students.
And for you that’s different from republicans doing absolutely zilch, zero, nada about abortion because......

They get a pass from you though for no apparent reason.

As for guns I’d argue that we had the wrong democrats at the time. The time will inevitably come when they have that chance again and we’ll see if they fuck us as hard as republicans fuck you. Hope they don’t. We’ll just have to see, and then if they do fuck us we’ll see if we come off as big of idiots chasing a carrot as you do
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-16, 05:47

LooseGoose wrote:

So stupid. All on the Rs while he ignores that in 2009/10 the Dems had the House, a filibuster proof Senate and the Presidency and passed ZERO gun laws. Why are you giving them a pass?

You're welcome to believe what you wish, but I'm not going to apologize for valuing life.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-16, 07:37

a mother who has to arrange her 14 year old daughter's funeral begs the sexual predator to do something... and I don't think she's talking about thoughts and prayers or a round of golf.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-16, 07:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a mother who has to arrange her 14 year old daughter's funeral begs the sexual predator to do something... and I don't think she's talking about thoughts and prayers or a round of golf.

Now is not the time to talk about this.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-16, 07:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a mother who has to arrange her 14 year old daughter's funeral begs the sexual predator to do something... and I don't think she's talking about thoughts and prayers or a round of golf.

Bob, bob, bob. Stop your viture signaling and let's tackle abortion first.

Sincerely,
People who don't live in the real world.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-16, 08:27

in a shock to nobody, the thrice-married family values icon, advocate for personal responsibility and drug-addicted Rush Limbaugh blames Hillary Clinton for the school shooting:

Limbaugh: "Hillary Clinton and the Democrats have the FBI so occupied tracking down something that didn't happen, they may not have the resources to pull this kid off the street"

scratch   Another high school shooting.  Florida - Page 4 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-16, 08:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:in a shock to nobody, the thrice-married family values icon, advocate for personal responsibility and drug-addicted Rush Limbaugh blames Hillary Clinton for the school shooting:

Limbaugh: "Hillary Clinton and the Democrats have the FBI so occupied tracking down something that didn't happen, they may not have the resources to pull this kid off the street"

Boy they must be really feeling the pressure if they are pulling that out. I was turned into Breibart radio and man they know it's starting to be a losing battle. Someone blamed it on football being taken away from the youth. Lol, like it has nothing to do with the fact multiple hits to the head delay development at a young age ooo no, its the liberals fault. Another blamed it on boys not being able to fight in school. Fantastic.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-16, 08:39

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:in a shock to nobody, the thrice-married family values icon, advocate for personal responsibility and drug-addicted Rush Limbaugh blames Hillary Clinton for the school shooting:

Boy they must be really feeling the pressure if they are pulling that out. I was turned into Breibart radio and man they know it's starting to be a losing battle. Someone blamed it on football being taken away from the youth. Lol, like it has nothing to do with the fact multiple hits to the head delay development at a young age ooo no, its the liberals fault. Another blamed it on boys not being able to fight in school. Fantastic.
I guess having a fetish with guns and a disregard for human life alters one's ability to participate in rational thought.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-02-16, 08:41

msugolfguy wrote:

Honestly if those calls are real, we’re fucked.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-16, 08:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

I guess having a fetish with guns and a disregard for human life alters one's ability to participate in rational thought.

In fairness if this were a Mulism then the entire Middle East would be bombed out by the end of the month and travel ban would be back front and center. A prime example of limited government.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-16, 08:48

DWags wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

Yup, real calls. A 3rd one blamed it on transgender people. Because you know .0000001 percent of the population put a gun in that kids hands and told him to kill his peers.

I'm at the point where about half of the country has no interest in participating in society at all.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-16, 09:11

DWags wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

That type of logic is pretty pervasive on Breitbart. You think Goose is bad with the way he twists things? He's got nothing on those morans. They live on a different planet.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-16, 09:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:

That type of logic is pretty pervasive on Breitbart. You think Goose is bad with the way he twists things? He's got nothing on those morans. They live on a different planet.
I suspect they're sort of the fringe types.. the ones who thought Obama was listening to them through their toaster ovens..

I could be wrong - I readily admit that with the election of the sexual predator, the intellectually-challenged, paranoid, angry, gullible American now has an advocate in the White House who takes advantage of their stupidity, racism and paranoia.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-16, 09:43

always fun when a rich, white snowflake fan of 2nd Amendment rights tells black people they don't have 1st Amendment rights..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-16, 09:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:always fun when a rich, white snowflake fan of 2nd Amendment rights tells black people they don't have 1st Amendment rights..

Barely intelligible? I was able to understand that James thinks he doesn't give a fuck about the public. What didn't you understand? Pretty funny when she rails on them making ignorant comments.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-16, 10:12

Saw this elsewhere today and it makes some sense.

Dems are arguing that we should keep all illegal immigrants here and that's it's unfair to condemn them all because a few of them are criminals and murderers.

Dems are arguing that all gun owners and the NRA are murderers with blood on their hands because of a few crazies that commit mass murders.

Tribes - pick and choose your arguments.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-16, 10:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:always fun when a rich, white snowflake fan of 2nd Amendment rights tells black people they don't have 1st Amendment rights..

Barely intelligible? I was able to understand that James thinks he doesn't give a fuck about the public. What didn't you understand? Pretty funny when she rails on them making ignorant comments.
I suspect she was upset that a black person with a huge audience decided to articulate opinions different from hers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-16, 10:21

LooseGoose wrote:Saw this elsewhere today and it makes some sense.

Dems are arguing that we should keep all illegal immigrants here and that's it's unfair to condemn them all because a few of them are criminals and murderers.

Dems are arguing that all gun owners and the NRA are murderers with blood on their hands because of a few crazies that commit mass murders.

I don't think illegal immigrants should stay here but I do believe kids that were brought here at a young age should have a pathway to citizenship. I think that's the general argument.

In regards to guns good luck with that uphill battle. You're unwilling to move anywhere is going to cost you. Breibart is feeling the heat and they know public is turning on them.

msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-02-16, 10:22

[/quote] I'm at the point where about half of the country has no interest in participating in society at all.[/quote]

Which is what the GOP and the Trumpites want.

The more people they can get disgusted and turned off means they can win at the polls.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-16, 10:24

Bob why did you post that why did i watch that i hate everyone
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-16, 10:25

msugolfguy wrote:

I don't think illegal immigrants should stay here but I do believe kids that were brought here at a young age should have a pathway to citizenship. I think that's the general argument.

In regards to guns good luck with that uphill battle. You're unwilling to move anywhere is going to cost you. Breibart is feeling the heat and they know public is turning on them.

Of course they just make shit up with regard to democrats position on immigration. Their own is so overtly racist and disgusting that people like goose need to just make something up to try to drag others in the mud with them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-02-16, 10:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob why did you post that why did i watch that i hate everyone
No

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2018-02-16, 10:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:delicate combination between common sense gun control, breakdown in families, devaluing of human life, quality universal healthcare including treatment for mental health needs, an overall feeling of empathy, compassion and a shared sense of responsibility within society.

If this is real, why fixate solely on the gun part of the equation, when like you say it is only part? I think the majority of the population can go along with tightening gun control in some areas, but how does that impact the devaluation of life in general, the breakdown of the family, the way this kid was lost by the system when his mother died, apparently had no one to anchor his reality.
Also, people tried to report him, but that part of the system failed completely, as well.
This is not (for fear of being non PC) a black and white situation, the availability of the gun exacerbated the situation, but it didn't create it.
These incidents have been going on longer than AR-15s have been on the market.
Bath School Massacre
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-02-16, 10:40

All Democrats are not calling all gun owners murderers but that doesn't fit into the FoxNews/Breitbart narrative.

Although we reportedly have enough guns in the US where everyone could have one, only one third of Americans own more than one.  According to Pew 16% of Democrats own guns while 41% of Republicans own guns.

Interestingly after 11M guns were sold in the US in 2016 there were only 4M sold in 2017.  Ironic that without having Hillary Clinton being used as a threat and a more gun friendly Trump winning The White House, fewer people are in a rush to get more guns.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-02-16, 10:45

I.B. Fine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:delicate combination between common sense gun control, breakdown in families, devaluing of human life, quality universal healthcare including treatment for mental health needs, an overall feeling of empathy, compassion and a shared sense of responsibility within society.

If this is real, why fixate solely on the gun part of the equation, when like you say it is only part? I think the majority of the population can go along with tightening gun control in some areas, but how does that impact the devaluation of life in general, the breakdown of the family, the way this kid was lost by the system when his mother died, apparently had no one to anchor his reality.
Also, people tried to report him, but that part of the system failed completely, as well.
This is not (for fear of being non PC) a black and white situation, the availability of the gun exacerbated the situation, but it didn't create it.
Bath School Massacre
and yet we do nothing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2018-02-16, 10:51

I.B. Fine wrote:

Bath School Massacre

Agreed. The mental health community could help with additional support. Yet we got half the people that want to build an 18 billion dollar wall.

Reserach has shown you can increase funding in the mental health treatment areas at a fraction of the cost. It'll probably save more lives than the wall but then we'd probably be giving jobs to liberal elite social worker and school therapists. Tough call for the Republican party.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-02-16, 11:03

Let's start calling it "uterus" instead of "school". Then maybe republicans will care about the kids inside.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next