Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fed College Hoops case taints MSU

+22
The Pantry
Danny Tanner
Travis of the Cosmos
Da Mayor
InTenSity
Rocinante
Nordic
I.B. Fine
WhiteGreenShow
MattyFresh
Other Teams Pursuing That
MSU addict
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
DWags
kingstonlake
Death Roe
Dr. Strangelove
26 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 2 Empty Re: Fed College Hoops case taints MSU

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-02-23, 09:12

I have scandal fatigue.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 2 Empty Re: Fed College Hoops case taints MSU

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 09:13

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Jesus Christ......that may be your stupidest post ever.

Death Roe wrote:

Ranks pretty high. Although I don't have files on him like he does for us.

See: Alexander, Cliff

Then get back to me.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/report-cliff-alexander-faces-ineligibility-because-mom-took-loan/

There was proof there. Get back with me when you have more proof than a note on a spreadsheet. I could gin that up on you in 5 minutes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 09:15

Question what did Duke do wrong? My .02 there’s millions and millions of dollars on the table right now. No f’ing way they make duke, Kansas, MSU and Kentucky players sit. The ratings would tank. CBS and Turner would be fucking pissed off and so would coke, unilever, bw3s and whatever big time sponsor there is.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2018-02-23, 09:16; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 09:16

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I have scandal fatigue.

Hahaha! Man we went decades with none of this shit and then out of nowhere we are all of a sudden the university of Miami.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 09:18

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-spreadsheets-wiretaps-bank-records-detail-payment-scheme-hoops-corruption-case-001618078.html

According to the sources, the financial records from Miller and wiretap conversations featuring Dawkins illuminate the blatant nature of deal-making to land top talent well before the players turn professional. Those deals could threaten the current eligibility of players because of NCAA amateurism rules and retroactively put in peril the contests participated in by those players. Sources said this includes numerous prominent players in the upcoming NCAA tournament, the showcase of college basketball. “It’s all there,” said a different source familiar with the investigation.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-23, 09:20

Isn't Bowen technically still eligible?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 09:21

NigelUno wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-spreadsheets-wiretaps-bank-records-detail-payment-scheme-hoops-corruption-case-001618078.html

According to the sources, the financial records from Miller and wiretap conversations featuring Dawkins illuminate the blatant nature of deal-making to land top talent well before the players turn professional. Those deals could threaten the current eligibility of players because of NCAA amateurism rules and retroactively put in peril the contests participated in by those players. Sources said this includes numerous prominent players in the upcoming NCAA tournament, the showcase of college basketball. “It’s all there,” said a different source familiar with the investigation.

They will stall it out. Again way too much money on the table. Ratings will go down the toilet. I guess they could decide to make an example out of one school and because of the otl piece they make Bridges sit out. Who knows?

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 09:22

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

See: Alexander, Cliff

Then get back to me.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/report-cliff-alexander-faces-ineligibility-because-mom-took-loan/

There was proof there. Get back with me when you have more proof than a note on a spreadsheet. I could gin that up on you in 5 minutes.

So, you think there is ZERO chance Miles will be suspended pending an investigation? Was Alexander suspended during or after the investigation?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-02-23, 09:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Isn't Bowen technically still eligible?

He's eligible to play for South Carolina next January.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 09:24

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-spreadsheets-wiretaps-bank-records-detail-payment-scheme-hoops-corruption-case-001618078.html

They will stall it out. Again way too much money on the table. Ratings will go down the toilet. I guess they could decide to make an example out of one school and because of the otl piece they make Bridges sit out. Who knows?

The OTL piece won't matter. But, the NCAA could suspend any player pending an investigation...just like they did with Cliff Alexander.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 09:27

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The OTL piece won't matter. But, the NCAA could suspend any player pending an investigation...just like they did with Cliff Alexander.

All I can say is if they suspend a player who passed on being a lottery pick over $400 just wow. He should be everything that is good about the sport and to publicly disgrace him would be brutal.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 09:28

Except they had the fucking loan papers with Alexander you nitwit....you know, actual evidence.

What if Mom Bridges denies taking the $$?   What proof is there then?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-02-23, 09:32

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Izzo knows the Dawkins family well.   Doesn't surprise me at all.

Remember his brother Dorian collapsed at an MSU camp and died at Sparrow?

Dad Lou was a long time coach at Saginaw.

Dorian was supposed to be the next big MSU star.

Very, very tight with Draymond too.

Knowing Izzo's loyalty if this kid asked to meet today he might still get a meeting.

And in the court of public opinion all of that means squat.

Izzo is dying a death of a thousand cuts. He won't survive.
Stop with the Chicken Little shit.

Is it good, no. Is it the end, not unless Izzo wants it to be.

MSU alums are going to need to develop thicker skin.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 09:33

Hey, Ghost you working on Pat Forde is a Liar?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 09:33

Death Roe wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Isn't Bowen technically still eligible?

He's eligible to play for South Carolina next January.

Not really.  The NCAA has not cleared him yet.

https://www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/south-carolina-basketball-frank-martin-status-brian-bowen-february

On Monday, South Carolina basketball coach Frank Martin was asked for an update on the status of Louisville transfer Brian Bowen.

Bowen, who was suspended by Louisville after his alleged involvement in a pay-for-play investigation by the FBI, enrolled at South Carolina earlier this semester, but is still waiting to be granted eligibility by the NCAA.

Martin told reporters that he’d rather not “get into every step of what’s happening” with Bowen’s quest to be eligible for the Gamecocks during the 2018-19 season.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 09:34

I’m glad we were cheating, but did izzo have this fanbase fooled Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-02-23, 09:35

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

All I can say is if they suspend a player who passed on being a lottery pick over $400 just wow. He should be everything that is good about the sport and to publicly disgrace him would be brutal.
In a likelihood Miles was never even aware of the $400.

If you remember his Mom was pretty upset he decided to return to MSU.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-23, 09:36

If Izzo has been cheating he's really bad at it. He couldn't come up with more than $2700 for Apples?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 09:37

LooseGoose wrote:Except they had the fucking loan papers with Alexander you nitwit....you know, actual evidence.

Right.  I'm sure the FBI evidence is just made up.  That's what you implied, right?  

I'll ask again (as you haven't answered yet)...do you think there's a chance Miles will be suspended pending an investigation?

Have you read Forde's article where it addresses that players might be suspended?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 09:38

People lashing out at Nigel... he wasn’t the dumbass who took $400 or had dinner with the guy.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-02-23, 09:38

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Except they had the fucking loan papers with Alexander you nitwit....you know, actual evidence.

Right.  I'm sure the FBI evidence is just made up.  That's what you implied, right?  

I'll ask again (as you haven't answered yet)...do you think there's a chance Miles will be suspended pending an investigation?

Have you read Forde's article where it addresses that players might be suspended?

I should know better than to engage your stupid ass. I'm done.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 09:39

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m glad we were cheating, but did izzo have this fanbase fooled Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 2 502811600

I've been pro cheating for a long time but I wouldn't consider Izzo a big time cheater. He cheats, but not on the level of the other big time coaches.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 09:41

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I should know better than to engage your stupid ass. I'm done.

Typical Goose.

You run away when presented with facts.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 09:41

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m glad we were cheating, but did izzo have this fanbase fooled Fed College Hoops case taints MSU - Page 2 502811600

I've been pro cheating for a long time but I wouldn't consider Izzo a big time cheater. He cheats, but not on the level of the other big time coaches.

Tomato, tomatoe.. who’s coaching us next year if this is true?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-02-23, 09:42

I love what Izzo has done for MSU. 

But I've wanted him to step aside and give it to fife for 3 Years now.

Is the agent shit small potatoes? Yes it is. Does it look real bad after the hit piece? Oh yeah.

Look nothing is gonna happen this season from the ncaa. The FBi might be a different story. I could see them bringing indictments right before the tourney starts. 

As long as there are no msu indictments izzo could stick it out. There would be bullshit from media and opposing fans but he could do it if he really wants to break Knight's record.

I just don't think he will. I think he will retire after the tourney and take a TV job. MSU will bypass Fife and go outside current program and hire someone like Tom Crean.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-23, 09:44

NigelUno wrote:

Except for the fact that the NCAA doesn't have access to the information the FBI does, and may never, and that the NCAA has stated that they are going to let the FBI investigation play out before the get involved. Also, if you read the article, this isn't even close to being a complete investigation.

So..... no, theres zero chance the NCAA suspends anybody "pending" an investigation. That's laughable.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 09:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:People lashing out at Nigel... he wasn’t the dumbass who took $400 or had dinner with the guy.

It's comical.

I must be the boogeyman.

The NCAA has suspended numerous players over the years pending investigations. I'm not making that up. It's possible Miles (or any other player named) will face a suspension. Pat Forde has mentioned that for the last week or so.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 09:50

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Tomato, tomatoe.. who’s coaching us next year if this is true?

I'm surprised Steve Fisher didn't pop up on this report. Dude shows up in San Diego and turns it into a powerhouse? God I wonder how he did that?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-23, 09:52

LOL, if Bowen wasn't suspended for his mom taking six figures, Bridges isn't getting suspended for his mom allegedly taking the equivalent of two weeks groceries.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 09:53

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Except for the fact that the NCAA doesn't have access to the information the FBI does, and may never, and that the NCAA has stated that they are going to let the FBI investigation play out before the get involved. Also, if you read the article, this isn't even close to being a complete investigation.

So..... no, theres zero chance the NCAA suspends anybody "pending" an investigation. That's laughable.

Did they say that before or after all the names came out?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 09:54

kingstonlake wrote:LOL, if Bowen wasn't suspended for his mom taking six figures, Bridges isn't getting suspended for his mom allegedly taking the equivalent of two weeks groceries.

Except, Bowen is suspended and not (currently) eligible.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-02-23, 09:56

Nigel why don't we just let it play out instead of you turning this into one of those revolving Nigel I'm right and you're wrong things about something that hasn't happened.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-02-23, 09:57

NigelUno wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:LOL, if Bowen wasn't suspended for his mom taking six figures, Bridges isn't getting suspended for his mom allegedly taking the equivalent of two weeks groceries.

Except, Bowen is suspended and not (currently) eligible.

Is that a fact?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 09:58

Agreed, both sides have presented their case lets move forward. So who is coaching next year? I think it's Izzo.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-02-23, 09:59

Guilty or not, izzo probably says fuck it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-02-23, 10:01

steveschneider wrote:Agreed, both sides have presented their case lets move forward. So who is coaching next year? I think it's Izzo.

Crean
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-02-23, 10:02

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Agreed, both sides have presented their case lets move forward. So who is coaching next year? I think it's Izzo.

Crean

If not Izzo or Fife my vote is for Kelvin Sampson. Great cheater, great x's and o's guys and his teams were always fun to watch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-02-23, 10:05

steveschneider wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Crean

If not Izzo or Fife my vote is for Kelvin Sampson. Great cheater, great x's and o's guys and his teams were always fun to watch.
I don't mind cheating if you win but Sampson didn't win.

He does have ties to msu though.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2018-02-23, 10:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Guilty or not, izzo probably says fuck it.
I am not convinced of that.

Izzo does not seem to be one to run from a fight. If he retires now, fair or unfair, he retires under a cloud.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-02-23, 10:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nigel why don't we just let it play out instead of you turning this into one of those revolving Nigel I'm right and you're wrong things about something that hasn't happened.

I said he MIGHT get suspended.

You can read the reactions to that, or just run with your preconceived notions.

Have a good day.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next