There are some new allegations

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: There are some new allegations

Post by NigelUno on 2018-04-11, 17:37

David Harns
@DavidHarns
42m42 minutes ago

I'm hearing that Michigan State University has been investigating the claims made in this new lawsuit internally over the last couple days and that it is producing interesting information. I expect a statement from Michigan State some time soon.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-11, 17:39

NigelUno wrote:David Harns
@DavidHarns
42m42 minutes ago

I'm hearing that Michigan State University has been investigating the claims made in this new lawsuit internally over the last couple days and that it is producing interesting information. I expect a statement from Michigan State some time soon.

Please speculate wildly. TIA

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2018-04-11, 17:57

DWags wrote:
@DavidHarns
42m42 minutes ago

I bet anyone who comes in to meet with a counselor is not only advised, but given written material (and that they have to sign something to acknowledge that).

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-11, 18:29

DWags wrote:
@DavidHarns
42m42 minutes ago

I'm guessing that it's interesting. And going out on a limb here that it is potentially quite interesting, with a decent chance of being very interesting.

Stay tuned, if interested.

Seriously, though, MSU is probably going to look very very bad, whatever they find. Rightly or wrongly, that's the question. Either they find stuff that backs up the girl's claims and MSU (rightly) looks very bad. Or they find nothing, and the lawyers (and by extension the media) at the very least imply that MSU destroyed all the notes to cover this up, making MSU (wrongly) look very bad.

Either way, it sounds like it will be interesting.
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-11, 18:41

DWags wrote:
@DavidHarns
42m42 minutes ago

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2018-04-11, 18:57

Not even sure what to do here.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-11, 18:58

Pretty nasty back and forth between Solari and Harns now on Twitter.

Solari with the subtweet.

@chrissolari
Hearing @michiganstateu is now issuing press releases through its football season ticketholders.

Harns with the response.

@DavidHarns
Hearing a reporter is salty for getting scooped.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-11, 19:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Pretty nasty back and forth between Solari and Harns now on Twitter.

Solari with the subtweet.

@chrissolari
Hearing @michiganstateu is now issuing press releases through its football season ticketholders.

Harns with the response.

@DavidHarns
Hearing a reporter is salty for getting scooped.

Solari is disappointed that it's not horrible news for MSU.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-11, 19:05

It's a powerful statement and they absolutely have their ducks in a row or they wouldn't come out publicly at this point in time in this climate. I have no doubt the lawyer will piss back and it will turn ugly but they really had no choice but to do this publicly the way everything is being spun, provided they had their facts straight and evidence to back that up.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-11, 19:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's a powerful statement and they absolutely have their ducks in a row or they wouldn't come out publicly at this point in time in this climate. I have no doubt the lawyer will piss back and it will turn ugly but they really had no choice but to do this publicly the way everything is being spun, provided they had their facts straight and evidence to back that up.

Agreed. If Engler put that out without their legal team being involved then he's gone stupid and should be fired.

It certainly seems to signal that the U did everything correctly and she avoided following through.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-04-11, 19:21

Fuck solari. Fat miserable piece of shit.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-11, 19:27

An hour after the release neither Detroit paper has a peep about Engler's statement.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-11, 19:33

Freep does. Just finished reading it.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-11, 19:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Freep does. Just finished reading it.

They just posted it there and at the LSJ. Interesting part is that I ead that story to say that the woman has never named the players to anyone.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2018-04-11, 19:59

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Freep does. Just finished reading it.

They just posted it there and at the LSJ. Interesting part is that I ead that story to say that the woman has never named the players to anyone.

idk about that last part
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-11, 20:04

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

idk about that last part

Jane Doe never revealed the names of her alleged assailants nor, until she filed her lawsuit, did she publicly assert that an assault had occurred.

When attempting to investigate the issue, MSUPD did not have names or any information about possible assailants as Jane Doe never responded to their inquiry.

Not really a huge deal, but she may be the only one that knows the names. Would explain the no leaks so far.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-04-11, 20:31

And couch is retweeting slick nick as an example of bad Spartan fans No
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2018-04-11, 20:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:And couch is retweeting slick nick as an example of bad Spartan fans No

that weird kid from tOB that likes phil of the future and posted his seats asking people to show then cried when phoneman showed up?
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-04-11, 20:55

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:And couch is retweeting slick nick as an example of bad Spartan fans No

that weird kid from tOB that likes phil of the future and posted his seats asking people to show then cried when phoneman showed up?

One in the same.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2018-04-11, 20:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

One in the same.

he still exists???

Christ man
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-11, 21:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

One AND the same.

FIFY
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-11, 21:04

MSU fucked up in that they called the media out in their statement. Shouldn't have done that. They are all rallying against MSU right now. I know fuck them, I agree. But should have been smarter than that. Need all the PR help you can get at this point and turning the local media, however inept they are, against you even more was a bad move.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2018-04-11, 21:09

Da Mayor wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

One AND the same.

FIFY

Thank you. Your grammar assistance is a blessing in the skies.
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-11, 21:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:MSU fucked up in that they called the media out in their statement. Shouldn't have done that. They are all rallying against MSU right now. I know fuck them, I agree. But should have been smarter than that. Need all the PR help you can get at this point and turning the local media, however inept they are, against you even more was a bad move.

100% true. And by saying that you, like me, believe there to be animosity and vengeance in the press vs balance and justice.

But yeah, fuck them.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-11, 21:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck solari. Fat miserable piece of shit.

Don’t read sports writers or any of this stuff otpt. I was once given that advice.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-11, 21:39

Wow, so this statement really displays how deep Izzo's tentacles go, from the MSUCC, to the SAP, to the Police, and even to the phone companies and e-mail providers (possibly the US Postal Service, as well), in order to prevent the police's outreach "attempts" from getting to the victim.

Sincerely,

Kathy Redmond
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-04-11, 21:53

So MSU released the press release to Harns? I like Harns but that’s pretty weird. Isn’t he just a blogger? That’s a pretty big FU to the local media.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-11, 21:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:MSU fucked up in that they called the media out in their statement. Shouldn't have done that. They are all rallying against MSU right now. I know fuck them, I agree. But should have been smarter than that. Need all the PR help you can get at this point and turning the local media, however inept they are, against you even more was a bad move.
I don't really agree. I think referencing the media is two-fold. One, it's a reminder to the people reading the statement that the media is quick to jump to conclusions and pass judgement before getting all of the facts, so people should remember not to jump along with them. And two, it's a reminder to the media themselves that they should gather more facts before passing judgement, lest they end up looking like fools.

The media took a lawsuit, and treated it as fact. It's like they don't know the difference between a civil lawsuit and a criminal charge. Any civil lawsuit will be inherently biased, putting forth one side, and one side only, without having to provide supporting evidence.

While some articles merely reported on the suit, you have people like Couch who write an entire article based on the supposition that the lawsuit is all true. No corresponding article based on the supposition that it is not true, or even any words at all given to that counter-supposition in the same article.

Yeah, maybe the media won't change, but I don't think they'll be any more against us because of this statement. I do, however, believe that the more people are reminded that the media is getting things wrong, the more people are going to hold off and wait for more info before jumping to the media's conclusion right away.
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-11, 21:59

Check out twitter right now Miami. They are all on fire. Many of them have cited that specific part of the statement.

Maybe it's a long game. Right now they are all tweet storming. Fuckin Solari is retweeting shit from Brenda Tracy.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2018-04-11, 22:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Da Mayor wrote:

FIFY

Thank you. Your grammar assistance is a blessing in the skies.

CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-11, 22:28

steveschneider wrote:So MSU released the press release to Harns? I like Harns but that’s pretty weird. Isn’t he just a blogger? That’s a pretty big FU to the local media.

I like it.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-11, 22:33

I wouldn't necessarily assume that's the case. It appears to me that MSU put the press release on their communications website and Harns was the first one to find it. He may have been (probably was) tipped off, but I don't think they handed it to him directly. I would be surprised if he doesn't clarify it amid the butthurt that is currently going on.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-11, 22:34

Also check Harns' timeline - he said to some dude who married Solari and his wife to ask Solari to call him because Solari has been ignoring him for almost a year. Won't take his calls, blocked him on Twitter, etc. Wow. This is the MSU beat reporter for the largest news entity in the State of Michigan.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-11, 22:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Check out twitter right now Miami. They are all on fire. Many of them have cited that specific part of the statement.

Maybe it's a long game. Right now they are all tweet storming. Fuckin Solari is retweeting shit from Brenda Tracy.
I'm sure they're butt hurt about being called out. So what? Are they going to write even worse things about MSU? How can they, short of completely making things up? What are they saying on Twitter that is worse than what they've already written in articles and/or on Twitter prior to the statement?

Are they doing to start doing their own deep investigations into what's gone on at MSU? That would require actual work, which they've never shown a penchant for doing before.

That's all I mean. They're already adversaries that are blindly jumping to skewer MSU before doing any fact checking.
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-11, 22:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Also check Harns' timeline - he said to some dude who married Solari and his wife to ask Solari to call him because Solari has been ignoring him for almost a year. Won't take his calls, blocked him on Twitter, etc. Wow. This is the MSU beat reporter for the largest news entity in the State of Michigan.
Do you know what Harns did? I think I remember some people saying that Solari got pissed that Harns called him out about something last year. I don't know if it had to do with Corely and those guys or something completely unrelated (I do remember Solari being the lead whiny bitch about Dantonio not giving the names of the players, even though it would have been highly unethical, if not illegal, for Dantonio to do so, and he's had it out for MSU ever since....but I don't know if that's what the Harns animosity stems from).
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-11, 23:02

No, I have no idea...

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-04-11, 23:37

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck solari. Fat miserable piece of shit.

Don’t read sports writers or any of this stuff otpt. I was once given that advice.

Reading articles =/ seeing it on the swill. There’s a difference. I think.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-12, 08:16

MLive up with a lengthy new story that in my 1st reading contains exactly no new information. A complete rehash highlight Merry Baker whacking MSU. The best part is when they list 3 complaints about Nassar in 17 years and say "The complaints these women raised weren't trivial, isolated or rare. They were telling the university one of its prized doctors, Larry Nassar, was a serial molester."

I'm sorry but when you're living it rather than writing about it in hindsight 3 complaints over 17 years is pretty isolated and rare.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum