There are some new allegations

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: There are some new allegations

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-04-09, 19:00

SawGreen wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I believe only 2 players from that team transferred - Bess & Clark - both FR at the time. Would they have an apartment and cars?

Yeah, with the apartment thing, I don't think it could be... unless they were visiting.

No offense intended, Saw, but just throwing out names isn’t productive.
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-04-09, 19:01

She should have reacted to rape differently. If she did, my favorite sports teams wouldn’t be under more scrutiny.

Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-09, 19:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:She should have reacted to rape differently. If she did, my favorite sports teams wouldn’t be under more scrutiny.

So YOU know exactly how everyone should react and anyone that questions that is blaming the victim?
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-09, 19:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Love me some victim blaming. Nice work goose! Keep it up!

Why are you so convinced she a victim? Sounds to me like another case of a chick banging some dudes, regretting it the next morning, then trying to construe it as rape. How do you know she doesn't have dollar signs in her eyes given the current climate?
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-09, 19:16

I’m not reading the lawsuit. Does anyone have an idea why this took three years? Did they continue to seek justice and were stonewalled?
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-09, 19:19

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:She should have reacted to rape differently. If she did, my favorite sports teams wouldn’t be under more scrutiny.

This is as unfair as victim blaming. Will there be any questions allowed in this thread? It’s a tough thing to question that, but I have no problem with legit questions
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-09, 19:23

Don't see how this lawsuit gets anywhere unless there are detailed records of these conversations with counselors. There's not going to be physical evidence of anything against the players. Just more fodder for the fire, true or untrue, and no way to prove it either way so it's just another dark cloud. Sucks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-09, 19:25

DWags wrote:I’m not reading the lawsuit. Does anyone have an idea why this took three years? Did they continue to seek justice and were stonewalled?

IT seems she struggled academically and psychologically during that time period. I doubt she thought she had a case until recent events led her to believe otherwise.

It's unfortunate that she waited since the "trail" will be pretty cold as far as witnesses and recollections go. Hopefully there is paperwork on her 1st visit to the counseling center.

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-09, 19:25

DWags wrote:I’m not reading the lawsuit. Does anyone have an idea why this took three years? Did they continue to seek justice and were stonewalled?

She's riding the wave and looking for a payday, bro.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-09, 19:26

Wish we had lawyer types here. If she named people, could they counter sue her for defamation? I’m talking players. Does she have to name them? If so, can’t they still be arrested?
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-09, 19:30

This is civil, there is no criminal element here. No police report. Charges are off the table unless she decides to press them and there won't be any physical evidence for the prosecutor's to go on.
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-09, 19:37

Then my follow up. Can MSU sue her? Bad PR to do that now? Are we vulnerable to any number of possible suits? It can’t be that easy to do unless she has some records. I don’t think anyone would do it without some type of cooperative as far as evidence and records.
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-09, 19:45

I don't think that's easy to do, you would have to sue for defamation and they would have to also prove that they were 100% clean. There are a number of factors there. I don't know, I'm not an atty obviously.
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-09, 19:55

Her Attorney citing 2 portions of the OTL article that seem to be false is not a good look.
LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2018-04-09, 20:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Don't see how this lawsuit gets anywhere unless there are detailed records of these conversations with counselors. There's not going to be physical evidence of anything against the players. Just more fodder for the fire, true or untrue, and no way to prove it either way so it's just another dark cloud. Sucks.

It gets somewhere if there's a settlement...

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2018-04-09, 20:33

LooseGoose wrote:It really does suck that she waited 8 days to do anything about reporting this.  There is no one at the University to blame for that.

So, who are you blaming?

LooseGoose wrote:
Interesting that 8 months into her journalism studies the University had failed to teach her that getting drunk and going to an athlete's apartment was not a normal way of getting a story.

And you're NOT blaming her with that statement?

It's your go-to for any discussion about rape. Girls shouldn't drink. Girls shouldn't wear skimpy outfits. Girls shouldn't go off by themselves. Pick any one of those. You always blame girls. You do. And you don't see it.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-04-09, 20:38

I’m so tired of this shit.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-09, 20:40

Just to put the roster out there. It was three of these guys. I might be a bit pissed if, by lawsuit, I was implicated. Is there a way they can make her say who it wasn’t? (And yes I get by that process we’d have our three) but man, I’d be pissed.

Travis Trice
Denzel Valentine
Branden Dawson
Bryn Forbes
Matt Costello
Gavin Schilling
Marvin Clark
Lourawls Nairn
Alvin Ellis
Colby Wollenman
Javon Bess
Keenan Wetzel
Trevor Bohnhoff
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-04-09, 20:43

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't know whether the allegations are true or not and I'm not going to pass judgement on that. However I will pass judgement on this.

DEAR MSU ATHLETES - STOP WITH THE FUCKING GANGBANGS

The new AD should pass a rule, any athlete suspected of engaging in sexual conduct that is not 1 on 1 will be thrown off the team.

No zones. Strictly man to man.

lol lol!!
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-09, 20:47

Why do I suspect that if Valentine (edit - or Forbes) was one of the accused he would have been named in the suit? Upper classmen likely since it was an off campus apartment. That leaves Dawson, Trice, Costello and I don't know who else.
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-09, 21:12

Wait, wait, wait. How the fuck do you get that from people wishing that steps were taken to throw these assholes in jail, if this is true? And how the fuck would that make the teams under less scrutiny?

In your attempts to pick a fight with goose and/or je, you're effectively saying that you don't wish that she had gone to the police or gotten medically treated. Why is it bad to wish that she had done things that would have put rapist assholes in prison?
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ on 2018-04-09, 21:34

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Wait, wait, wait. How the fuck do you get that from people wishing that steps were taken to throw these assholes in jail, if this is true? And how the fuck would that make the teams under less scrutiny?

In your attempts to pick a fight with goose and/or je, you're effectively saying that you don't wish that she had gone to the police or gotten medically treated. Why is it bad to wish that she had done things that would have put rapist assholes in prison?

He's attempting to mock goose.
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-09, 21:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is civil, there is no criminal element here. No police report. Charges are off the table unless she decides to press them and there won't be any physical evidence for the prosecutor's to go on.
But surely at some point the players have to be named. It is integral to the suit.

This seems like a tactic so that MSU can't do anything. They can't refute anything, no alibis can be given, no one can claim that they never met the girl because they don't know who the girl is, or which players she's talking about. MSU has to just sit here and take its lumps in the media without being able to defend themselves. They're trying to squeeze out as many runs as possible in the Top of the 1st, putting MSU in a deep hole before MSU has even has a chance to bat.

Edit: None of the above is to imply that she is or is not being truthful. I feel like that disclaimer is needed before someone cries victim blaming.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-09, 21:40; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-09, 21:37

I'm just waiting for Jermaine Edmondson to claim that Draymond raped him.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-09, 21:39

MiamiSpartan wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This is civil, there is no criminal element here. No police report. Charges are off the table unless she decides to press them and there won't be any physical evidence for the prosecutor's to go on.
But surely at some point the players have to be named. It is integral to the suit.

This seems like a tactic so that MSU can't do anything. They can't refute anything, no alibis can be given, no one can claim that they never met the girl because they don't know who the girl is, or which players she's talking about. MSU has to just sit here and take its lumps in the media without being able to defend themselves. They're trying to squeeze out as many runs as possible in the Top of the 1st, putting MSU in a deep hole before MSU has even has a chance to bat.

Some attorneys on another board claimed that it was significant because it signified they were afraid of a defamation counterclaim.
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-09, 21:46

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

He's attempting to mock goose.
Yes, but I made a similar point to goose's. Goose wish she had gone to the police. I wish that, as well, or that she had gone to the hospital. Why are these positions worth mocking? I know that it is her decision, or any victim's decision, on what to do. But that doesn't mean I can't wish that their decision was different.
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2018-04-09, 21:47

I assume they have to name some names sometime, or is that just the way a civil claim works, the defendent is guilty until they prove otherwise?
I am not doubting this woman's story but I'd prefer to see those that actually did any of these things be pointed out, rather than allowing wild speculation about others that were probably unaware of the whole mess until today.
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by loogoldham on 2018-04-09, 21:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Love me some victim blaming. Nice work goose! Keep it up!

Made the mistake of reading the rcmb thread ... wow. The level of media/victim/bar blaming is just embarrassing.

I believe that this could have happened until the facts come out. What was that about believing the women? Doesn't mean guilty until proven innocent -- it means giving her a fair arena to have her voice heard.
loogoldham
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-09, 21:56

They are also suing MSU and not the former athletes. That is signficant I have to believe.
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-09, 22:00

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:It really does suck that she waited 8 days to do anything about reporting this.  There is no one at the University to blame for that.

So, who are you blaming?

LooseGoose wrote:
Interesting that 8 months into her journalism studies the University had failed to teach her that getting drunk and going to an athlete's apartment was not a normal way of getting a story.

It's your go-to for any discussion about rape. Girls shouldn't drink. Girls shouldn't wear skimpy outfits. Girls shouldn't go off by themselves. Pick any one of those. You always blame girls. You do. And you don't see it.

I'll answer this then get the Fuck out of here so you and otpt can circle jerk about how woke you are On campus rape.

Who is to blame for her waiting 8 fucking days to report this in any way? That's not blaming her for getting raped, that's blaming her for being dumb if she wanted justice.

And yes I think it was incredibly stupid behavior on her part to leave a bar drunk as hell with 3 guys she doesn't know. Whatever story they told her is irrelevant. Once she could see the story was false she doubled down on stupid by not leaving immediately. You call that blaming her for getting raped, I call it pointing out she made dumb decisions.

I keep forgetting that in today's world dumb decisions should never be criticised. .

And to clarify for you I blame dumb decisions if they contribute to a negative outcome. Getting stupid drunk and going off alone with guy(s) you don't know is dumb dumb dumb no matter how many times you say it isn't.

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-09, 22:17

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So, who are you blaming?

I'll answer this then get the Fuck out of here so you and otpt can circle jerk about how woke you are On campus rape.

Who is to blame for her waiting 8 fucking days to report this in any way? That's not blaming her for getting raped, that's blaming her for being dumb if she wanted justice.

And yes I think it was incredibly stupid behavior on her part to leave a bar drunk as hell with 3 guys she doesn't know. Whatever story they told her is irrelevant. Once she could see the story was false she doubled down on stupid by not leaving immediately. You call that blaming her for getting raped, I call it pointing out she made dumb decisions.

I keep forgetting that in today's world dumb decisions should never be criticised. .

And to clarify for you I blame dumb decisions if they contribute to a negative outcome. Getting stupid drunk and going off alone with guy(s) you don't know is dumb dumb dumb no matter how many times you say it isn't.

This. All of this. Bitches be trippin.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2018-04-09, 22:20

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So, who are you blaming?

But...you're not blaming her, right? Rolling Eyes

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-09, 22:22

Goose, imo those are fine opinions to have. You can believe all of that, and most rational people can agree with it. It's just that those opinions/judgement calls are completely irrelevant so not really even worth bringing up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-04-09, 22:26

Yikes. No wonder why people don’t like to come forward. Oh well - with time, attitudes like this will change. Doesn’t happen overnight.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-04-09, 22:27; edited 1 time in total

Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2018-04-09, 22:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They are also suing MSU and not the former athletes. That is signficant I have to believe.

Civil lawsuit. Going after the money. MSU has a lot more money/insurance.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-09, 22:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They are also suing MSU and not the former athletes. That is signficant I have to believe.
Well, her lawyers will say that it is the counselors who denied her her Title IX rights, and that it was because of the culture of rape by revenue sport athletes, as outlined in the OTL report, that the counselors did that.

A cynical viewpoint would say that it is merely because MSU has more money to go after.
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-09, 22:44

As I was typing my previous report, the part about the culture of rape per the OTL report, it occurred to me that this case could put the OTL report on trial (probably been mentioned elsewhere, but I was just thinking about this).

The lawsuit names the OTL report specifically as support for these claims of the "culture" that caused this all to happen. Now, in all honesty, I doubt that this case ever goes to a trial (likely will be settled), but if it did, pretty much everything in the OTL hit piece would be brought up, as the lawsuit sounds almost like a paraphrasing of that piece. Not that I'm wishing for that to happen, but it will be interesting to see how that plays out as supposed evidence in this case.
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2018-04-09, 22:45

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Well, her lawyers will say that it is the counselors who denied her her Title IX rights, and that it was because of the culture of rape by revenue sport athletes, as outlined in the OTL report, that the counselors did that.

A cynical viewpoint would say that it is merely because MSU has more money to go after.

It's a realistic viewpoint. It's a civil lawsuit. They are asking for damages.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-04-09, 23:00

Here’s the web site to the alleged victim’s lawyer.

https://temperancelegalgroup.com

Ms Truszkowski is the same lawyer who represented the young woman assaulted and video’ed by the 3 MSU football players who advised that victim to accept the plea and went public blasting the deal after stating her client wanted to put the event in her past.

Here’s a link to Temperance Legal Firm. Ms Truszkowski is warning her living on everything Title IX and is counting on what happened with Nassar to make her a shitload of money.

In this case the defendant wants to remain anonymous. Riiiight. Would not be surprised if one or more of the accused John Doe’s are now in the NBA .

Put those earnings while jumping on board the out of control narrative and Ms Truszkowski could get a dozen or more clients who appeared to be willing one night stands at the time who now think they were raped while they were drunk with some coaching.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-09, 23:09

GRR Spartan wrote:Here’s the web site to the alleged victim’s lawyer.

https://temperancelegalgroup.com

Ms Truszkowski is the same lawyer who represented the young woman assaulted and video’ed by the 3 MSU football players who advised that victim to accept the plea and went public blasting the deal after stating her client wanted to put the event in her past.

Here’s a link to Temperance Legal Firm. Ms Truszkowski is warning her living on everything Title IX and is counting on what happened with Nassar to make her a shitload of money.

In this case the defendant wants to remain anonymous. Riiiight. Would not be surprised if one or more of the accused John Doe’s are now in the NBA .

Put those earnings while jumping on board the out of control narrative and Ms Truszkowski could get a dozen or more clients who appeared to be willing one night stands at the time who now think they were raped while they were drunk with some coaching.

Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum