There are some new allegations

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: There are some new allegations

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-09, 23:10

MiamiSpartan wrote:As I was typing my previous report, the part about the culture of rape per the OTL report, it occurred to me that this case could put the OTL report on trial (probably been mentioned elsewhere, but I was just thinking about this).

The lawsuit names the OTL report specifically as support for these claims of the "culture" that caused this all to happen. Now, in all honesty, I doubt that this case ever goes to a trial (likely will be settled), but if it did, pretty much everything in the OTL hit piece would be brought up, as the lawsuit sounds almost like a paraphrasing of that piece. Not that I'm wishing for that to happen, but it will be interesting to see how that plays out as supposed evidence in this case.

g Host is gonna get deposed, yo.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-04-10, 00:09

I'm not doing any victim blaming.

However its damned convenient that on April 4 2016, Ms Truszkowski client saw the 3 MSU football players who assaulted her and one who video'ed the incident get a plea deal which following that announcement Ms. Truszkowski proceeded to go to the press critical of the plea after it was published her client acceptance of the plea deal was contigent to offering it to the defendants.

Now we are learning Ms Truszkowski had a pdf file of the Federal Court filing being distributed to reporters within 60 minutes after the filing.

She's playing the court of public opinion card very hard and the defendants will end up having to hire legal representation to address the charges if their names go public. Karen Truszkowski is also hoping MSU caves and gives her client a quick settlement.

Pretty big stuff for a lawyer whose offices are located between Koger and Joann's Fabrics in Frandor.
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-04-10, 00:26

There's still a Kroger in Frandor? Who knew.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-10, 07:40

So the girl was apparently a sports journalism major. Looks to me like we have a jersey chaser on our hands.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2018-04-10, 09:13

Sounds like there was enough dumb going around that night to fill an ocean. If this turns out to be true (as far as the counseling angle goes) I personally will take a step back from MSU basketball for a while. You can't have that shit going on. If that's the angle they took you're naive to think it doesn't filter down to the athletes. They can do the simple math on what it would take to actually get in trouble over something like this.
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan on 2018-04-10, 10:17

DWags wrote:Here is where we ask ourselves, are we conditioned to be skeptical, or should we believe first and get on the counselors. Which is it for you guys?

All that aside, our university has forever been pulverized by this. I’m guessing it’s going to tumble in every aspect more than we think.

The cynic in me thinks the 2 big factors have are statute of limitations expires in 3 years for this type of crime and the Temperance Legal Firm is getting while the clients while MSU is low hanging fruit
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-10, 10:21

GRR Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:Here is where we ask ourselves, are we conditioned to be skeptical, or should we believe first and get on the counselors. Which is it for you guys?

All that aside, our university has forever been pulverized by this. I’m guessing it’s going to tumble in every aspect more than we think.

The cynic in me thinks the 2 big factors have are statute of limitations expires in 3 years for this type of crime and the Temperance Legal Firm is getting while the clients while MSU is low hanging fruit

Yup. It's akin to Tanny chasing ambulances.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-10, 10:34

Torn in this case. Guys like Da Mayer will have you believe that the girl is a money chaser, others in that line will say why was she drunk, what did she do, was she putting herself in a bad situation? Guys like OTPT will tell you you’re a victim shamer and part of the problem if you bring up any possible questions, even if you ask clarifying questions. Both I believe to be way extreme and simplistic.

But how do you seek real justice here? I’d certainly hate to be the father brother friend classmate of the accuser and have any iota of extra burden on them. I’d also hate to not be able to question accusations without looking like a monster.

I’m glad my life is boring and uneventful. The whole thing sucks.

Last edited by DWags on 2018-04-10, 10:52; edited 1 time in total
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-04-10, 10:35

I don't know if TempeTantrum still reads this stuff, but I think it would be a great time to get part 3 out. I picture him somewhere hunched over a key board with a couple of courts of fresh blue berries to snack on and some brit pop on in the background. TempeTantrum you are our only hope!
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-10, 10:40

steveschneider wrote:I don't know if TempeTantrum still reads this stuff, but I think it would be a great time to get part 3 out. I picture him somewhere hunched over a key board with a couple of courts of fresh blue berries to snack on and some brit pop on in the background. TempeTantrum you are our only hope!

Where do you picture him taking a dump in this situation?

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-04-10, 10:42

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I don't know if TempeTantrum still reads this stuff, but I think it would be a great time to get part 3 out. I picture him somewhere hunched over a key board with a couple of courts of fresh blue berries to snack on and some brit pop on in the background. TempeTantrum you are our only hope!

Where do you picture him taking a dump in this situation?

Some where at the mid point of a 5 mile trail run. In a few years we can expect there to be some wild blue berry bushes just off the trail.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2018-04-10, 10:50

Part 2 was underwhelming. I don't think there will be a Part 3.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-04-10, 11:11

NigelUno wrote:

Part 2 was a collaboration though. Hoping part 3 he gets back the mojo he had in part 1.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-10, 12:27

DWags wrote:Torn in this case. Guys like Da Mayer will have you believe that the girl is a money chaser, others in that line will say why was she drunk, what did she do, was she putting herself in a bad situation? Guys like OTPT will tell you you’re a victim shamer and part of the problem if you bring up any possible questions, even if you ask clarifying questions. Both I believe to be way extreme and simplistic.

But how do you seek real justice here? I’d certainly hate to be the father brother friend classmate of the accuser and have any iota of extra burden on them. I’d also hate to not be able to question accusations without looking like a monster.

I’m glad my life is boring and uneventful. The whole thing sucks.

You're too wrapped up in all of this, bro. Don't spend so much time thinking about it.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2018-04-10, 12:52

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Part 2 was a collaboration though. Hoping part 3 he gets back the mojo he had in part 1.

Part 2 was kind of pointless unless that guy sues Paula. I think he asked for an apology or something? I don't recall seeing one from her.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-04-10, 13:05

So I finally read up on this latest controversy. What is this the third alleged gang rape committed by members of Tom Izzos team?

By my count Appling/Payne, Walton and a few other unnamed players and then three unnamed players from 2015.

I'm not saying anyone is guilty, but I'd like to hear from Tom Izzo what he knows about each case and how he handles these situations. We can spin the allegations any way we want but transparency is needed and we need answers.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-04-10, 13:22

Steve, in theory, this one never reached Tom Izzo. With that being said, I’d rather question the female that was allegedly raped’s actions after she was raped. That’s what the focus should be on.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-04-10, 14:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve, in theory, this one never reached Tom Izzo. With that being said, I’d rather question the female that was allegedly raped’s actions after she was raped. That’s what the focus should be on.

If Tom Izzo didn't know anything then that's his answer. I'm starting to find a small sliver of common ground with ESPN in the sense that I think MSU needs to be more forthcoming. I guess the issue is with the investigations and lawyers involved there might not be anything they can say but that's a fucked up way for a public institution to operate with new scandals coming out every other week.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-10, 14:32

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Steve, in theory, this one never reached Tom Izzo. With that being said, I’d rather question the female that was allegedly raped’s actions after she was raped. That’s what the focus should be on.

If Tom Izzo didn't know anything then that's his answer. I'm starting to find a small sliver of common ground with ESPN in the sense that I think MSU needs to be more forthcoming. I guess the issue is with the investigations and lawyers involved there might not be anything they can say but that's a fucked up way for a public institution to operate with new scandals coming out every other week.

Eff that. They don't owe ESPN shit.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno on 2018-04-10, 14:48

steveschneider wrote:

She's suing MSU. I don't think MSU is going to allow anyone to talk about it.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-10, 14:51

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

She's suing MSU. I don't think MSU is going to allow anyone to talk about it.

They can’t. That’s it.

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2018-04-10, 17:56

Something happened that night but her not going to cops or doctor in wake of it and then waiting 8 days to seek counseling means there can be no criminal charges.

So only thing she can do is sue and hope msu settles - if they fight it she can't win.

'Cause we done shared all of mine
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine on 2018-04-10, 20:06

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Something happened that night but her not going to cops or doctor in wake of it and then waiting 8 days to seek counseling means there can be no criminal charges.

So only thing she can do is sue and hope msu settles - if they fight it she can't win.
Does seem like conveniently opportunistic timing to file this. Paying her is only frustrating since the real culprits will apparently go scot-free. Sucks for everyone, except her lawyer.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-10, 20:42

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Something happened that night but her not going to cops or doctor in wake of it and then waiting 8 days to seek counseling means there can be no criminal charges.

Do you think if they settle there will be more? Lkegit and otherwise?

Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen on 2018-04-10, 20:49

DWags wrote:

According to Redmond, there are more.

"My friend, Paula Lavigne, has borne the misdirected brunt of fans’ hostility in her investigative reports. There is far more to come and fans now need to apologize to her and redirect their anger towards the people who have allowed wonderful MSU students to be harmed."

After reading this and the responses, it's pretty clear she is completely in favor of the court of public opinion (her rapist was never charged).

https://twitter.com/kathyredmond/status/983496351169167365?s=20
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-04-10, 21:20

SawGreen wrote:
DWags wrote:

"My friend, Paula Lavigne, has borne the misdirected brunt of fans’ hostility in her investigative reports. There is far more to come and fans now need to apologize to her and redirect their anger towards the people who have allowed wonderful MSU students to be harmed."

After reading this and the responses, it's pretty clear she is completely in favor of the court of public opinion (her rapist was never charged).

Paula Lavigne’s reporting sucks and her ethics are shit. What’s happening at MSU sucks but Paula’s crusade is not helping. It’s just making a huge distraction.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-10, 21:38

SawGreen wrote:
DWags wrote:

Whether more things come out or not, it does not change the lies, omissions, and sensationalism that Paula spewed in the OTL report. She got so much horribly wrong about those incidents, why believe anything she says?

Redmond's agenda and conspiracy theories make Paula and Murphy look like Woodward and Bernstein.
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan on 2018-04-10, 23:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Why do I suspect that if Valentine (edit - or Forbes) was one of the accused he would have been named in the suit? Upper classmen likely since it was an off campus apartment. That leaves Dawson, Trice, Costello and I don't know who else.

Thinking out loud the lawsuit states she lived in fear the last few weeks of the school year because she might be confronted by JD1-3 in the cafe but then returned to school following summer break. Is it possible JD1-3 were no longer enrolled then and that's why she came back? That would give you only 3 players on that list--the 3 that graduated. Probably stupid logic but IDK anymore...

On a side note, technically Harris was also on that team as well but ineligible as a transfer in 14-15.

Last edited by CheesySpartan on 2018-04-11, 09:15; edited 1 time in total
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2018-04-11, 06:08

DWags wrote:

Do you think if they settle there will be more?  Lkegit and otherwise?
If there are more I'm pretty sure this ambulance chaser would have found them. And you gotta think she's been looking

'Cause we done shared all of mine
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-04-11, 08:33

And these new allegations are just that - allegations - built on the rotten foundation of the OTL report. Fuck MasterCard. I'll use Discover and Amex.

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2018-04-11, 08:51

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm so tired of all of this. Let me know how it all washes out. I'm done trying to figure out what is real and what is made up.

Bumplestiltskin.
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-11, 09:04

LooseGoose wrote:

And these new allegations are just that - allegations - built on the rotten foundation of the OTL report. Fuck MasterCard. I'll use Discover and Amex.

Yup. I'll be canceling my MC today. So spineless.
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2018-04-11, 09:09

Yeah, let’s face facts. Our university will not be the same. Break it down, start over. We’ll come back, but the power of the media is immense.

So at breakfast today a UofM grad a Wayne state grad and I are talking. Great guys. They say Tom Izzo has been so scarred by this his legacy is shot and he should resign. Pretty level headed UofM guy who has railed against Jim Harbaugh and the ass clown show. I asked why, and he said the Payne/Appling stuff while legal is beneath him and that they never missed even practice. The WSU grad agrees, and asks how a university with 50k students and all kinds of money could only have 6 volunteer sexual crisis counselors on campus. I have no idea if that’s true but if so, it’s depressing. Then he throws a bombshell. “Wags, you know Christine’s daughter dropped out this semester because she was assaulted there and felt like she couldn’t get help.” I asked what type of assault? He said all her husband said was “ assault”. Fuck. I’d love a breakdown of other campuses and crisis wirkers per students. But face it, even if we’re about average there, we should be an example, not an average.
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-04-11, 09:54

DWags wrote:

Yeah, let’s face facts.  Our university will not be the same.  Break it down, start over.  We’ll come back, but the power of the media is immense.  

So at breakfast today a UofM grad a Wayne state grad and I are talking.  Great guys. They say Tom Izzo has been so scarred by this his legacy is shot and he should resign. Pretty level headed UofM guy who has railed against Jim Harbaugh and the ass clown show. I asked why, and he said the Payne/Appling stuff while legal is  beneath him and that they never missed even practice. The WSU grad agrees, and asks how a university with 50k students and all kinds of money could only have 6 volunteer sexual crisis counselors on campus.  I have no idea if that’s true but if so, it’s depressing.  Then he throws a bombshell. “Wags, you know Christine’s daughter dropped out this semester because she was assaulted there and felt like she couldn’t get help.”  I asked what type of assault? He said all her husband said was “ assault”.  Fuck.  I’d love a breakdown of other campuses and crisis wirkers per students. But face it, even if we’re about average there, we should be an example, not an average.
No

it's possible I'm overreacting, but Izzo might just walk after this stuff. Whether it's encouraged or totally voluntary, I have no idea - death by a thousand cuts.

That said, I do believe that MSU will be stronger eventually. Sometimes you need to shine a bright light in every corner so that the cockroaches will scatter.

(not calling Izzo, et al. "cockroaches" - but making a general reference toward anyone/everyone involved in nefarious acts over the years).

I've been a bit bummed about my daughter starting at MSU in 4 months.. little scared/nervous given the perceived climate. But then I am astute enough to know that safety isn't a certainty anywhere - and that maybe with the current focus and microscope on MSU it will ultimately be more conducive to a safer experience than a lot of other schools and institutions not currently under scrutiny.

Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2018-04-11, 10:21

DWags wrote:

Yeah, let’s face facts. Our university will not be the same. Break it down, start over. We’ll come back, but the power of the media is immense.

So at breakfast today a UofM grad a Wayne state grad and I are talking. Great guys. They say Tom Izzo has been so scarred by this his legacy is shot and he should resign. Pretty level headed UofM guy who has railed against Jim Harbaugh and the ass clown show. I asked why, and he said the Payne/Appling stuff while legal is beneath him and that they never missed even practice. The WSU grad agrees, and asks how a university with 50k students and all kinds of money could only have 6 volunteer sexual crisis counselors on campus. I have no idea if that’s true but if so, it’s depressing. Then he throws a bombshell. “Wags, you know Christine’s daughter dropped out this semester because she was assaulted there and felt like she couldn’t get help.” I asked what type of assault? He said all her husband said was “ assault”. Fuck. I’d love a breakdown of other campuses and crisis wirkers per students. But face it, even if we’re about average there, we should be an example, not an average.

Yeah, there's just a dark cloud over it all.
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2018-04-11, 10:31

Depending on the survey, about 20% of college females report being sexually assaulted while in college. 5-10% of college males admit that they have committed what would be considered sexual assault. Those are national numbers.

That percent of males who admit sexual assault exceeds the percentage of MSU football/basketball players accused of sexual assault.

I don't know how MSU's numbers as a whole for the general student population compared nationally. And I don't for a minute mean to be taking a Dan Murphy approach by saying "we aren't as bad as others, so it's ok". But when you hear of people saying "I wouldn't send my daughter there", as if they'd be any safer at another school, they're blinding themselves. FWIW, I don't mean that about your friend's daughter, dawgs. If I got mugged walking down a certain street, I probably wouldn't feel safe on that street again, even if every other street poses the same risk.

We have to own the Nassar disgrace, but the conversation has gone well past him now and into a a discussion about campus safety as a whole. People want to bash MSU for this, fine. We deserve some of it. But don't pretend like this is an issue exclusive to MSU. Instead of shutting their eyes to the nationwide problem, the media should use MSU to springboard to a much bigger conversation. But people don't want that, do they? They want to feel like it's just an MSU problem, so they can talk themselves into thinking everything will be fine if their kids go somewhere else.
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2018-04-11, 10:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:Depending on the survey, about 20% of college females report being sexually assaulted while in college.  5-10% of college males admit that they have committed what would be considered sexual assault.  Those are national numbers.

That percent of males who admit sexual assault exceeds the percentage of MSU football/basketball players accused of sexual assault.

I don't know how MSU's numbers as a whole for the general student population compared nationally.  And I don't for a minute mean to be taking a Dan Murphy approach by saying "we aren't as bad as others, so it's ok".  But when you hear of people saying "I wouldn't send my daughter there", as if they'd be any safer at another school, they're blinding themselves. FWIW, I don't mean that about your friend's daughter, dawgs. If I got mugged walking down a certain street, I probably wouldn't feel safe on that street again, even if every other street poses the same risk.  

We have to own the Nassar disgrace, but the conversation has gone well past him now and into a a discussion about campus safety as a whole.  People want to bash MSU for this, fine.  We deserve some of it.  But don't pretend like this is an issue exclusive to MSU.  Instead of shutting their eyes to the nationwide problem, the media should use MSU to springboard to a much bigger conversation.  But people don't want that, do they?  They want to feel like it's just an MSU problem, so they can talk themselves into thinking everything will be fine if their kids go somewhere else.
this is true.

MSU has done a lot of things wrong.. but this isn't exclusively an MSU problem. This is a societal/cultural problem. If someone believes otherwise, they're simply sticking their head in the sand.
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor on 2018-04-11, 10:51

I know this is played, but imma post it anyway

Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NWSpartan on 2018-04-11, 16:24