Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2018-05-16, 21:57

'Cause we done shared all of mine
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Re: Bump when The Rock has a new movie coming out

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-05-16, 22:08

Anyone that watches movies with him in them contributes to the fall of America (hey, that kinda sounds like a movie he’d be in)
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-05-16, 22:22

Give me a break OTPT. Rolling Eyes

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2018-05-16, 22:31

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Anyone that watches movies with him in them contributes to the fall of America (hey, that kinda sounds like a movie he’d be in)

I'd rather watch The Rock in cheesy/awesome action movies than hipster trash about how local squirrels in the community don't get enough trees in the city to make their homes.

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity on 2018-05-16, 23:10

I like the rock. Mostly because he takes himself so seriously.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-05-16, 23:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Give me a break OTPT. Rolling Eyes

I’ve seen you complain about movies that have been coming out lately on this very board. Rock is part of the problem.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-05-16, 23:26

Heh, my complaint is that I like action/adventure movies where I can turn my brain off and all of the action/adventure movies that come out these days are all superhero flicks. Which is just not my genre at all and something I can't get into. But I'm not about to make some cockamamie catch all declaration that if you watch superhero movies you are responsible for the downfall of the country.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-05-16, 23:32

Death Roe wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Anyone that watches movies with him in them contributes to the fall of America (hey, that kinda sounds like a movie he’d be in)

I'd rather watch The Rock in cheesy/awesome action movies than hipster trash about how local squirrels in the community don't get enough trees in the city to make their homes.

Not sure I’ve seen anything like that. Huh.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-05-16, 23:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Heh, my complaint is that I like action/adventure movies where I can turn my brain off and all of the action/adventure movies that come out these days are all superhero flicks. Which is just not my genre at all and something I can't get into. But I'm not about to make some cockamamie catch all declaration that if you watch superhero movies you are responsible for the downfall of the country.

Yeah wbh it’s an exaggeration but it’s also a contribution to the simpleton culture these days. That jumanji movie? Rampage? Fast and furious 9? Come the fuck on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2018-05-16, 23:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Heh, my complaint is that I like action/adventure movies where I can turn my brain off and all of the action/adventure movies that come out these days are all superhero flicks. Which is just not my genre at all and something I can't get into. But I'm not about to make some cockamamie catch all declaration that if you watch superhero movies you are responsible for the downfall of the country.

Yeah wbh it’s an exaggeration but it’s also a contribution to the simpleton culture these days. That jumanji movie? Rampage? Fast and furious 9? Come the fuck on.

The problem is that you see these things through your lens, as a 25 year old. You think "Any 25 year old like I am who wants to see this movie has lost their mind and must be an idiot."

Conversely, I see this through my lens. I am 15 years older than you are with a 8 year old kid. I can easily see in my head a lot of folks who might think a movie like those you listed are "fun" (I mean not Furious, come the fuck on but the others) and not have anything to do with the downfall of society. Jumanji was great fun. Did I derive any sort of divine prophecy out of it? Hell no. But I laughed a few times. I gawked at some hot boobs. I was entertained. Most importantly my kid thought it was very fun. And then I forgot about it.

I actually loved CIA, or whatever it was called, as well. Stupid fun movie. I watched it on a flight for a business trip. It was funny. I ain't gonna apologize for that.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2018-05-17, 07:42

I liked that Earthquake movie he did. It was shit but I have a real thing for Carla Gugino. She and The Rock also did that Witch Mountain movie together.

Wbh hit the nail on the head. Mostly family friendly fare with hot chicks

Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2018-05-17, 15:56

Death Roe wrote:

Not sure I’ve seen anything like that. Huh.

That is an original concept of mine, you cannot steal it.

I've had watery pea soup, it's AWFUL.
Uh, I've had gelatinous, thick pea soup, it's TERRIBLE.
Pea soup, much like clam chowder, needs to have that consistency first, that you can stand the spoon up in it, but the spoon soon tilts, that's the consistency you want.
Number two: Uh, pea soup on it's own can be a little bland. It wants, uh, a fairly aggressive peppering and salting.
Number three: Pea soup needs a fine dice of ham. Not bacon, not any other meat, not turkey. It needs a fine dice of ham.
Uh, number four: Uh, pea soup scorches easily. You don't wanna heat it on a high heat. You wanna heat it on medium low, just until it's warmed through.
Uh, number five: Pea soup is best made, uh, by hand, not out of a Campbell's can. And the key to pea soup, you want a ham bone, uh, for the stock you make, uh, to, to boil your peas.
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-05-17, 16:05

Thank you for rising above the simpletons in America to lead us. We await your instructions.

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2018-05-17, 16:08

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I liked that Earthquake movie he did. It was shit but I have a real thing for Carla Gugino. She and The Rock also did that Witch Mountain movie together.

Wbh hit the nail on the head. Mostly family friendly fare with hot chicks

So y’all are trying to tell me that this is the best family friendly shit out there? Man, poor kids.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-05-17, 16:35

Death Roe wrote:

I love squirrels. I love trees. Why do you hate Mother Earth?

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-05-17, 16:37

tGreenWay wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Do you like granola?

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-05-17, 17:15

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Do you like granola?

With little chunks of dirt, yes. Scrumpdillyicious.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LooseGoose on 2018-05-17, 17:30

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Do you like granola?

I like granola in the morning occasionally as long as it's not that shit that's so hard you'd bust a diamond on it.

LooseGoose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2018-05-17, 19:47

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I like granola in the morning occasionally as long as it's not that shit that's so hard you'd bust a diamond on it.

I’m weary of big brand granolas. Like you, I’ve had my share of tooth trauma over the years. A couple of times I’ve bitten into small bits of pecan shells. When I’m in the mood, I’ll find one of those small batch granolas that charges way too much money, but at least it’s high quality and free of things that will crack teeth.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth on 2018-05-18, 21:21

I find some of his movies entertaining. Plus The Rock is fucking awesome. He's the most down to Earth, nice celeb ever. Goes out of his way to show fans his appreciation.
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove on 2018-05-18, 22:32

StylesGShmooth wrote:I find some of his movies entertaining. Plus The Rock is fucking awesome.  He's the most down to Earth, nice celeb ever.  Goes out of his way to show fans his appreciation.
And he's gonna be elected President after Trump 's second term.

Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum