Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your current weather status

+34
SawGreen
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
Frank Ricard
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Tim Wakefield
TheReal_LWS
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
duffy munn
aualum06
Nordic
InTenSity
steveschneider
Dr. Strangelove
I.B. Fine
Other Teams Pursuing That
Death Roe
CORNER BLITZ
MiamiSpartan
AvgMSUJoe
Senior Dickfist
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
38 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 12 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 15:35

it's so fucking hot.

I'm gonna go rage-mow the back yard right now.

You know why?

because fuck it - that's why.

motherfuckers.  Post your current weather status - Page 12 1896033241
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 12 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 15:48

Bob's afternoon of mowing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 16:30

This weather is awesome. Post your current weather status - Page 12 2275418548
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 16:31

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

That’s perfect. Post your current weather status - Page 12 1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 20:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

that was pretty much me except I took a nap before my meltdown.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 20:43

80 and sunny by the lake in Michigan's great southwest
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 21:04

Tim Wakefield wrote:80 and sunny by the lake in Michigan's great southwest

Historically, I believe that’s been referred to as Michigan’s Gold Coast. At least it used to be by the rich folk from greater Chicagoland.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 21:06

tGreenWay wrote:

Historically, I believe that’s been referred to as Michigan’s Gold Coast. At least it used to be by the rich folk from greater Chicagoland.

Those fucking Chicago people are so rich they don't even know what money means
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 22:19

tGreenWay wrote:

The Gold Coast is the area around Sleeping Bear Dunes, which is what some of you dumbfuks consider "Up North". There is no gold Up North...just copper, iron ore, and pasties.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 22:30

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The Gold Coast is the area around Sleeping Bear Dunes, which is what some of you dumbfuks consider "Up North". There is no gold Up North...just copper, iron ore, and pasties.
You've been to Clare too
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 22:53

aualum06 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:The Gold Coast is the area around Sleeping Bear Dunes, which is what some of you dumbfuks consider "Up North". There is no gold Up North...just copper, iron ore, and pasties.
You've been to Clare too
Not much different from Mt Pleasant and Alma.

Are the tools willing to claim CMU is up north?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon 1 Jul 2019 - 23:05

The Pantry wrote:
aualum06 wrote:
You've been to Clare too
Not much different from Mt Pleasant and Alma.

Alma > CMU
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 0:10

aualum06 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Not much different from Mt Pleasant and Alma.

Alma > CMU
Alma is south of CMU and not that far south of Clare
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 0:16

The Pantry wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Alma > CMU
Alma is south of CMU and not that far south of Clare

But north of my location by about 25 minutes
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 0:19

Tim Wakefield wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Those fucking Chicago people are so rich they don't even know what money means

We should have such problems.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 0:22

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

After looking it up, it turns out the entire 300 miles of Lake Michigan coastline is called the Gold Coast.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 0:25

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:The Gold Coast is the area around Sleeping Bear Dunes, which is what some of you dumbfuks consider "Up North". There is no gold Up North...just copper, iron ore, and pasties.

After looking it up, it turns out the entire 300 miles of Lake Michigan coastline is called the Gold Coast.
Whatever you read was written by idiots. The south end of the Gold Coast starts at Ludington.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 0:27

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Whatever you read was written by idiots. The south end of the Gold Coast starts at Ludington.

Post your current weather status - Page 12 502811600 You really live your life in a vacuum.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 0:41

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Whatever you read was written by idiots. The south end of the Gold Coast starts at Ludington.

Post your current weather status - Page 12 502811600 You really live your life in a vacuum.
No. Just not willing to accept the oven-blown claims of dumbass westies, and now apparently some dumbass mid-staters.

No offense, Bob.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 0:44

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

No. Just not willing to accept the oven-blown claims of dumbass westies, and now apparently some dumbass mid-staters.

No offense, Bob.

You seem triggered? Lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 1:13

aualum06 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:No. Just not willing to accept the oven-blown claims of dumbass westies, and now apparently some dumbass mid-staters.

No offense, Bob.

You seem triggered? Lol
Not at all. Just amazed how many dumb fuckers live in this state.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 1:27

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

No offense, Bob.

lol Not my claims. Google it and you will find articles from Trip Advisor, Babble, Lonely Planet, and michigan.org .
Free your mind, gramps.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 1:29

The Pantry wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

You seem triggered? Lol
Not at all. Just amazed how many dumb fuckers live in this state.

I am 0 percent serious
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 6:20

The Pantry wrote:

No offense, Bob.
never been. Don't plan on going.

I'm impossible to offend.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 21:14

Got an alert of a flash flood warning on my phone. Weird. It's rained here a couple times today, both very light and brief.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 23:55

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If there is no gold, can you explain why there are gold mines in the UP? There was the old Ropes mine, and the current, or soon to be current, Back Forty mine.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 23:59

...and just found this...

"Make no mistake, finding gold was also one of the objectives of the earliest European explorers, but the native Indians knew nothing of the yellow metal. The explorers soon turned their attention to the abundant copper and iron deposits. Small amounts of gold were eventually found as early as 1845, but it was not until the opening of the Ropes Gold Mine in the early 1880's that gold mining jumped into Michigan’s history. The Ropes mine ran for 14 years and produced $645,792 in gold and silver, but was never able to pay a dividend to its stockholders.
In the years following the establishment of this first mine, more than 75 other gold mines and prospects were begun in the Upper Peninsula. Some, such as the Lake Superior and Michigan mines, produced spectacularly rich specimens of gold-bearing quartz. Other prospects consisted of only a few trenches and pits, producing no more than traces of the precious metal. Most prospecting had ceased by the early 1900s, but the Great Depression and the increase in the price of gold from $20.67 to $35 per ounce brought about another prospecting boom in the 1930's. World War II called a halt to gold mining, with the prospects lying idle until the abandonment of the gold standard in 1971 and the resultant dramatic rise in the price of gold. Improved metallurgical methods and higher gold prices in the 1970's and 1980's attracted a $20 million redevelopment project to the Ropes mine, which again began producing gold in the fall of 1985. The reopened mine produced until 1989, when a combination of low gold prices, poor ore grade and a collapse of rock in the production shaft prompted its shutdown."

http://geo.msu.edu/extra/geogmich/gold.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 7 Jul 2019 - 0:35

Turtleneck wrote:...and just found this...

"Make no mistake, finding gold was also one of the objectives of the earliest European explorers, but the native Indians knew nothing of the yellow metal. The explorers soon turned their attention to the abundant copper and iron deposits. Small amounts of gold were eventually found as early as 1845, but it was not until the opening of the Ropes Gold Mine in the early 1880's that gold mining jumped into Michigan’s history. The Ropes mine ran for 14 years and produced $645,792 in gold and silver, but was never able to pay a dividend to its stockholders.
In the years following the establishment of this first mine, more than 75 other gold mines and prospects were begun in the Upper Peninsula. Some, such as the Lake Superior and Michigan mines, produced spectacularly rich specimens of gold-bearing quartz. Other prospects consisted of only a few trenches and pits, producing no more than traces of the precious metal. Most prospecting had ceased by the early 1900s, but the Great Depression and the increase in the price of gold from $20.67 to $35 per ounce brought about another prospecting boom in the 1930's. World War II called a halt to gold mining, with the prospects lying idle until the abandonment of the gold standard in 1971 and the resultant dramatic rise in the price of gold. Improved metallurgical methods and higher gold prices in the 1970's and 1980's attracted a $20 million redevelopment project to the Ropes mine, which again began producing gold in the fall of 1985. The reopened mine produced until 1989, when a combination of low gold prices, poor ore grade and a collapse of rock in the production shaft prompted its shutdown."

http://geo.msu.edu/extra/geogmich/gold.html

Nice read thank you
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 7 Jul 2019 - 10:10

Much cooler and drier this morning.. back from a workout, watching le Tour.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 7 Jul 2019 - 18:39

Little chilly this morning....

Post your current weather status - Page 12 Img_2047
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 11 Jul 2019 - 19:39

Power just went out here. Hoping it's just DTE cycling it off and on.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 11 Jul 2019 - 20:26

Lovely evening in East Lansing (if it has to be summer). 50's tonight..

Gonna hot again next. Not happy.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 11 Jul 2019 - 20:46

Called DTE. Their estimate is power won't be back until 10pm.

Nothing else to do so minus well cut the grass.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 11 Jul 2019 - 21:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Lovely evening in East Lansing (if it has to be summer). 50's tonight..

Gonna hot again next. Not happy.

Post your current weather status - Page 12 2275418548 Freaking awesome weather today.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 11 Jul 2019 - 21:39

The Pantry wrote:Called DTE. Their estimate is power won't be back until 10pm.

Did you get storms in your area? Didn’t rain here.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 11 Jul 2019 - 21:54

tGreenWay wrote:

Hasn't rained here in a couple weeks. We could use some. Barely a breeze today. Sub is all underground utilities.

Something must have fried or someone hit a pole on one of the main roads.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 1:24

That sucks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 1:47

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Hasn't rained here in a couple weeks. We could use some. Barely a breeze today. Sub is all underground utilities.

Libs
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 6:23

you should go up north.

You'd really enjoy it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Fri 12 Jul 2019 - 10:41

Turtleneck wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Hasn't rained here in a couple weeks. We could use some. Barely a breeze today. Sub is all underground utilities.

Libs
Probably. Dumb fucks can't drive worth a shit.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next