Post your current weather status

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 22 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-01-22, 10:38

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/restaurants/six-ways-to-cook-iguana-6392248

But there's one bit of unpleasantness to deal with before you can get started.

"First, you gotta kill 'em," explains Harry.
"Den, you scald 'em in the hot water. You can peel the skin off, but most people on the island just scrape it with a knife. Some people doesn't scrape it off; dey eats the hide and ever'ting. You gots to cut open his belly, take everything out.

"Dese are different ways you can cook iguana," he says, "and make it taste... good enough, you know? Just like chicken."
if you were in Tijuana, you could eat barbecued iguana.

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

https://www.browardpalmbeach.com/restaurants/six-ways-to-cook-iguana-6392248

But there's one bit of unpleasantness to deal with before you can get started.

"First, you gotta kill 'em," explains Harry.
"Den, you scald 'em in the hot water. You can peel the skin off, but most people on the island just scrape it with a knife. Some people doesn't scrape it off; dey eats the hide and ever'ting. You gots to cut open his belly, take everything out.

"Dese are different ways you can cook iguana," he says, "and make it taste... good enough, you know? Just like chicken."
if you were in Tijuana, you could eat barbecued iguana.

I wish I was
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post your current weather status - Page 22 Empty Re: Post your current weather status

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-01-23, 10:11

The Pantry wrote:Large chunk of icy snow slid off the front roof of my SUV and over the windshield on the way home this afternoon. Fortunately, it was mostly on the passenger side. No point to turning on the wipers...could have burned out the wiper motor. Did a few hard left turns in attempt to pitch the chunk off but it got stuck on the antenna. Took it really easy on right turns to avoid the mass sliding to the left and possibly obscuring my view. Didn't clear it until back in my driveway.

Ice chunk goes through school bus windshield.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-01-23, 11:00

The Pantry wrote:Large chunk of icy snow slid off the front roof of my SUV and over the windshield on the way home this afternoon.  Fortunately, it was mostly on the passenger side.  No point to turning on the wipers...could have burned out the wiper motor.  Did a few hard left turns in attempt to pitch the chunk off but it got stuck on the antenna.  Took it really easy on right turns to avoid the mass sliding to the left and possibly obscuring my view.  Didn't clear it until back in my driveway.  

Ice chunk goes through school bus windshield.
I wonder if they stopped, collaborated and listened....
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-01-23, 11:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I wonder if they stopped, collaborated and listened....

or opened a dialogue of discussion?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe on 2020-01-23, 11:50

Was it a Good Day though?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-01-23, 12:31

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Was it a Good Day though?
depends.

did anyone have to use their AK?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-01-31, 06:53

Warm temperatures suck but at least the sidewalks of lazy people who refuse to shovel are clear.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn on 2020-01-31, 07:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Warm temperatures suck but at least the sidewalks of lazy people who refuse to shovel are clear.

doesn't the city of EL ticket those people within like 48hrs?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-01-31, 07:25

I"m getting nervous, you think we'll get nailed with snow and shit in March and April? This is one weird "winter". So, my wife and I, who don't know science and have a good imagination, have been saying the last few years that it seems the seasons are "shifting", like one month ahead. Like when we were kids, This weather is like what we got in December. April weather is like what we got in March when we were kids. October weather is like what we got in September when we were kids.

See, when the kids move out and it's just the two of you again, and your 58 and 55, how fucking boring and stupid dinner table conversations get. We got in an argument last night about how I'm going to get a car to the ice arena and drop it off and pick up another car I have up there and bring it back if she wants my truck to go to work today and I need to have her car here at 2 because her and the kid are going to valpraiso to sign an apartment lease. And we started arguing for like five minutes cause I wanted to do it one way and she didn't want to listen to me. And It's as boring as you think it is. Really. I just hope I get that courna virus soon.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-01-31, 08:05

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Warm temperatures suck but at least the sidewalks of lazy people who refuse to shovel are clear.

that's the wording of the ordinance, but they don't enforce it.

even if they did, I find that most people who attempt to shovel their sidewalk just give it some sort of half-ass attempt and it ends up being more dangerous than just packed down snow.

upper-middle class white living ain't for the weak, yo. Wink  
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-01-31, 08:09

High of 45 on Sunday. Woooo!!!! Fuck you winter!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2020-01-31, 14:14

I miss winter  Post your current weather status - Page 22 1f625
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-01-31, 15:20

Senior Dickfist wrote:I miss winter  Post your current weather status - Page 22 1f625

Me too. I don't ski, but four months of March is BS.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2020-01-31, 15:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:I miss winter  Post your current weather status - Page 22 1f625

Yes, agreed. The only season I'm not a fan of is spring. This is simply because my yard gets wet from the rain and my dogs do their best to destroy my grass. Good thing for them that I love the little bastards.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm on 2020-01-31, 15:54

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Yes, agreed. The only season I'm not a fan of is spring. This is simply because my yard gets wet from the rain and my dogs do their best to destroy my grass. Good thing for them that I love the little bastards.

Can't get the little effers out when there's snow on the ground, but when it turns to mud, watch out.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-01-31, 17:46

Great winter for the State and the Great Lakes as an equalizer. Fairly little snow...was bound to happen after getting my snowblower tuned-up. Ground has not frozen, giving Michigan roads a break from freeze-thaw cycles of past years.

Great Lakes are pretty much ice free, even Superior. Between warm temperatures, evaporation from exposed water surface and negligible precipitation/snow runoff, this winter should help reduce rising lake water levels over the past decade.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic on 2020-01-31, 17:52

Pantrygadica

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-01-31, 18:35

duffy munn wrote:

Post your current weather status - Page 22 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-01-31, 19:01

You're a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-01-31, 19:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

that's the wording of the ordinance, but they don't enforce it.

even if they did, I find that most people who attempt to shovel their sidewalk just give it some sort of half-ass attempt and it ends up being more dangerous than just packed down snow.

upper-middle class white living ain't for the weak, yo. Wink  

My two biggest winter peeves: As you alluded; those who barely clear the walk or don’t at all and count on foot traffic to pack down the snow, which quickly turns to uneven ice. The other peeve is with the lazy fuckers whose houses are on corners who don’t clear the area at the crosswalk after the plows have come through. Makes it difficult to get across streets.
My other winter peeve is how gray it is all the time, but I don’t think that’s our neighbors’ fault.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-01-31, 19:36

Nordic wrote:Pantrygadica

Fuck Chuck Gaidica. Sonny Eliot was my favorite when I was a kid.

Later on, Shay Ryan was great with her knowledge, delivery, and sweet sweater puppies on ABC/Detroit. Bitch left for NYC first. She's taken her "talents" to Florida since.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-01-31, 19:43

The Pantry wrote:Great winter for the State and the Great Lakes as an equalizer. Fairly little snow...was bound to happen after getting my snowblower tuned-up. Ground has not frozen, giving Michigan roads a break from freeze-thaw cycles of past years.

Great Lakes are pretty much ice free, even Superior. Between warm temperatures, evaporation from exposed water surface and negligible precipitation/snow runoff, this winter should help reduce rising lake water levels over the past decade.

That’s good news, because it means g-Host is stuck in Wisconsin for another year.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake on 2020-01-31, 20:53

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Great winter for the State and the Great Lakes as an equalizer. Fairly little snow...was bound to happen after getting my snowblower tuned-up. Ground has not frozen, giving Michigan roads a break from freeze-thaw cycles of past years.

That’s good news, because it means g-Host is stuck in Wisconsin for another year.

That joke was funny for 5 minutes 3 years ago. Post your current weather status - Page 22 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2020-01-31, 22:30

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That joke was funny for 5 minutes 3 years ago. Post your current weather status - Page 22 2809484752

Just because you don’t understand a joke doesn’t mean it’s not funny. Post your current weather status - Page 22 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-02-01, 00:26

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Rotting banana always goes with the low hanging fruit.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-02-01, 10:16

67 degrees, 70 degrees this weekend then the low on Tuesday is 1
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-01, 10:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:67 degrees, 70 degrees this weekend then the low on Tuesday is 1

Crazy you could snow ski and get a tan on the same day. Pretty cool.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2020-02-01, 10:52

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:67 degrees, 70 degrees this weekend then the low on Tuesday is 1

Crazy you could snow ski and get a tan on the same day. Pretty cool.

Yep. Yesterday it was neat, drove back into town and grabbed some beers on a patio. Post your current weather status - Page 22 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-04, 12:58

calling for a few inches of snow (hopefully) in the greater East Lansing area Wednesday into Thursday.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-02-04, 14:45

Fuck snow
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-06, 06:27

2-3 inches of snow in the concrete ghettos of East Lansing overnight. Mine were the first footsteps on the Northern Tier Trail.. lovely morning.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-02-06, 09:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:2-3 inches of snow in the concrete ghettos of East Lansing overnight. Mine were the first footsteps on the Northern Tier Trail.. lovely morning.

BOOOOO!!!!!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-06, 13:47

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:2-3 inches of snow in the concrete ghettos of East Lansing overnight. Mine were the first footsteps on the Northern Tier Trail.. lovely morning.

BOOOOO!!!!!
Post your current weather status - Page 22 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-13, 08:04

finally a solid week of winter.. pretty much snowed every day for the last week. Gonna get really cold tonight and into tomorrow.

of course, by Monday, back up close to 40.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2020-02-13, 08:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:finally a solid week of winter.. pretty much snowed every day for the last week. Gonna get really cold tonight and into tomorrow.

of course, by Monday, back up close to 40.

but the 40 degree weather will kill flu viruses.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry on 2020-02-26, 06:02

Just a couple inches of snow here and most of the schools are closed? WTF
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2020-02-26, 06:18

The Pantry wrote:Just a couple inches of snow here and most of the schools are closed?  WTF

My guess is that this is a preemptive move for the potential of heavier afternoon snow. Plus, they haven't used many snow days this years and it's use 'em or lose 'em.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-26, 06:26

Dusting in the concrete jungle ghetto of East Lansing.. solid run around the block.

Looking forward to shoveling as the day goes on.. beer.. nap. Post your current weather status - Page 22 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-02-26, 07:55

She's icy out there now. A bit of a skating rink. Good luck.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2020-02-26, 19:19

Shoveled three times today.. Post your current weather status - Page 22 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum