Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles. I'm in love with you.

+6
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
tGreenWay
The Pantry
DWags
10 posters

Go down

Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles.  I'm in love with you.   Empty Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles. I'm in love with you.

Post by DWags Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 0:34

YOu will never have to buy a beer if you choose to vacation on beautiful Lac St. Clair in the summer and I know you're in town.  I swear, any meal you want, any thing I can do for you, it's done.  

A man who does his job right
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles.  I'm in love with you.   Empty Re: Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles. I'm in love with you.

Post by The Pantry Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 0:58

Guessing the chick was clueless to holding up traffic, but there are speed vigilantes out there that do that shit on purpose. Highly dangerous.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles.  I'm in love with you.   Empty Re: Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles. I'm in love with you.

Post by tGreenWay Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 1:05

Will never understand why some people think it’s their obligation to regulate the speeds of everyone else, but yep, they’re out there. They probably used to be MSU parking nazis and miss the power.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 7:12

Just pass her on the right, it's not that hard to figure out people.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 9:30

Have to admit I've done it. But in my sub. The stretch into the round about is 25mph. People will blast through at 45 to get into the round about ahead of others. I will pull into the left lane at 25mph to slow them down. There are a ton of kids and people walking dogs etc. Fuck em. Slow down. Freeway, different story. Get you ass in the slow lane.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 9:38

I've driven down I-65 countless times. That new transition that they put in that curves you right then left (into direct sunlight in the evening) and back right from the south Indy loop to 65 is pretty scary during rush hour. Anyone driving slow in the left lane clogging things up deserves a PIT maneuver right into those cable retaining barriers.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 10:13

I do the same in my sub. If someone is flying through I will ride down the middle of the road to get their attention. I'm sure they think I'm an ass, but don't care. Slow the fuck down.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 11:24

Nordic wrote:I do the same in my sub. If someone is flying through I will ride down the middle of the road to get their attention. I'm sure they think I'm an ass, but don't care. Slow the fuck down.

Word
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 12:16

Just make sure you guys don’t cause more of a hazard by being a traffic cop. Happens a lot. People break the law all the time. Thinking by Halving lanes or suddenly slowing is the safest task to take might be short sighted. People are assholes. Sometimes it makes them do even dumber things. So, be careful when you put the traffic enforcer cap on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 13:14

Maybe police are starting to focus on this kind of thing. Around here, on the digital displays that they use for traffic notices (such as a lane blocked ahead, a Silver Alert, etc.), I've seen sometimes where it says "Slower Traffic Stay To The Right $150 Fine" (or whatever the fine amount is). They use this for other reminders about traffic laws that people don't think about and stating the fine (i.e., using signal when changing lanes, lights on when it's raining, etc.).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 13:46

This is how I handle people who drive crazy in my neighborhood. And this is how they handle me right back.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 14:57

I was speeding down Burcham yesterday on my bike.. speed limit = 25 mph.. not all that difficult to ride your bike that fast.

I'd love to get a speeding ticket on my bike. I'd frame it and put it in my living room.   Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles.  I'm in love with you.   3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 15:06

Hate that stretch of Burcham. Twenty-five seems too low, but then there’s the HS on one end and the elementary school on the other.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 18:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I was speeding down Burcham yesterday on my bike.. speed limit = 25 mph.. not all that difficult to ride your bike that fast.

I'd love to get a speeding ticket on my bike. I'd frame it and put it in my living room.   Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles.  I'm in love with you.   3493939353
If you're anything like 99% of the bicyclists I see, then that's the least of the traffic violations that you should be ticketed for.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 18:50

DWags wrote:Just make sure you guys don’t cause more of a hazard by being a traffic cop.  Happens a lot.   People break the law all the time.  Thinking by Halving lanes or suddenly slowing is the safest task to take might be short sighted.   People are assholes. Sometimes it makes them do even dumber things.  So, be careful when you put the traffic enforcer cap on.

I'll.also pump my brakes if you tailgate me
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 20:10

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:Just make sure you guys don’t cause more of a hazard by being a traffic cop.  Happens a lot.   People break the law all the time.  Thinking by Halving lanes or suddenly slowing is the safest task to take might be short sighted.   People are assholes. Sometimes it makes them do even dumber things.  So, be careful when you put the traffic enforcer cap on.

I'll.also pump my brakes if you tailgate me

I just hang my arm out the window while holding onto my .44. Works every time.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 19 Jun 2018 - 23:38

I get the traffic cop stuff. I want to do do it all the time. But I think maybe it might lead to worse shit and it would be my fault. Anyway, do what you gotta do.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 9:02

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I was speeding down Burcham yesterday on my bike.. speed limit = 25 mph.. not all that difficult to ride your bike that fast.

If you're anything like 99% of the bicyclists I see, then that's the least of the traffic violations that you should be ticketed for.
I'd say the same think about 99% of motorists.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 9:02

tGreenWay wrote:Hate that stretch of Burcham. Twenty-five seems too low, but then there’s the HS on one end and the elementary school on the other.
yeah - and the middle school on the other side of Hagadorn. Lots of neighborhoods lining the way, too.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 9:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

we need automous bikes
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 10:08

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

we need automous bikes
whatever that is, it sounds good.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 10:26

Screw automous bikes. I want my hover boards and flying cars.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 10:30

The fuck is an automous bike?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 10:32

Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles.  I'm in love with you.   1515770374229-IMG_6386JPG1400x1400.jpeg?crop=1xw%3A0

Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles.  I'm in love with you.   2599972566
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 10:56

Cameron wrote:The fuck is an automous bike?
sounds like a bike that enjoys spending time alone with itself.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 12:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles.  I'm in love with you.   1515770374229-IMG_6386JPG1400x1400.jpeg?crop=1xw%3A0

Look at Bob go!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 12:10

Nordic wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles.  I'm in love with you.   1515770374229-IMG_6386JPG1400x1400.jpeg?crop=1xw%3A0

Look at Bob go!
that thing has way more personality than I'll ever have.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 12:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I don't think 99% of motorists drive between cars at a stop light to get in front of them, even though they'll be going much slower after the light. Nor do I think 99% of motorists take red lights regularly, drive on the sidewalks when convenient, expect the right of way like they're a pedestrian, etc. Not to turn this into a biking rant (though I guess I did), but I am very respectful of bicyclists, and try to give them 3 feet, if not the full lane when I'm passing them. But it's just one of my big pet peeves how bicyclists want to be treated like any other vehicle (as the law states)...except when it doesn't benefit them, then they want to do their own thing, and sometimes even be treated like a pedestrian on wheels. Honestly, this is probably a bigger danger than someone going slow in the left lane. But how often do cops give tickets to bicyclists? I've never seen it happening.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 13:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I don't think 99% of motorists drive between cars at a stop light to get in front of them, even though they'll be going much slower after the light.  Nor do I think 99% of motorists take red lights regularly, drive on the sidewalks when convenient, expect the right of way like they're a pedestrian, etc.  Not to turn this into a biking rant (though I guess I did), but I am very respectful of bicyclists, and try to give them 3 feet, if not the full lane when I'm passing them.  But it's just one of my big pet peeves how bicyclists want to be treated like any other vehicle (as the law states)...except when it doesn't benefit them, then they want to do their own thing, and sometimes even be treated like a pedestrian on wheels.  Honestly, this is probably a bigger danger than someone going slow in the left lane.  But how often do cops give tickets to bicyclists?  I've never seen it happening.
as someone who has ridden probably (let me get an anecdotal figure for ya..).. around 78,000 miles in the last 28-30 years of my life, I can assure you that motorists are a much bigger threat to a cyclist than a cyclist is to a motorist.

oh - and, as I stated, one of my life goals is to get a speeding ticket on my Specialized.. I doubt it'll happen, but one can dream. Burcham seems to be like the most likely venue for such a thing to occur. Relatively low speed limit + high rate of ELPD patrol.

I'll keep ya posted.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 14:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
I don't think 99% of motorists drive between cars at a stop light to get in front of them, even though they'll be going much slower after the light.  Nor do I think 99% of motorists take red lights regularly, drive on the sidewalks when convenient, expect the right of way like they're a pedestrian, etc.  Not to turn this into a biking rant (though I guess I did), but I am very respectful of bicyclists, and try to give them 3 feet, if not the full lane when I'm passing them.  But it's just one of my big pet peeves how bicyclists want to be treated like any other vehicle (as the law states)...except when it doesn't benefit them, then they want to do their own thing, and sometimes even be treated like a pedestrian on wheels.  Honestly, this is probably a bigger danger than someone going slow in the left lane.  But how often do cops give tickets to bicyclists?  I've never seen it happening.
as someone who has ridden probably (let me get an anecdotal figure for ya..).. around 78,000 miles in the last 28-30 years of my life, I can assure you that motorists are a much bigger threat to a cyclist than a cyclist is to a motorist.

oh - and, as I stated, one of my life goals is to get a speeding ticket on my Specialized.. I doubt it'll happen, but one can dream. Burcham seems to be like the most likely venue for such a thing to occur. Relatively low speed limit + high rate of ELPD patrol.

I'll keep ya posted.
I said that cyclists not obeying laws are a bigger danger than someone driving slow in the left lane, period. Not that they're a bigger danger to cars than cars are to them. The danger is mostly to themselves. And I know that most motorists drive like assholes and break the laws about driving around cyclists. People need to do better. I just want cyclists to figure out if they're road vehicles or pedestrians, and stick with it. Currently, the laws make them road vehicles, and as such, they should be subject to the same laws as every other road vehicle. What's so hard about that?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 20 Jun 2018 - 15:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'll keep ya posted.
I said that cyclists not obeying laws are a bigger danger than someone driving slow in the left lane, period.  Not that they're a bigger danger to cars than cars are to them.  The danger is mostly to themselves.  And I know that most motorists drive like assholes and break the laws about driving around cyclists.  People need to do better.  I just want cyclists to figure out if they're road vehicles or pedestrians, and stick with it.  Currently, the laws make them road vehicles, and as such, they should be subject to the same laws as every other road vehicle.  What's so hard about that?
nothing is wrong with that.. I agree.

Police Sargent Stephen Wheeles.  I'm in love with you.   969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down