Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harley Davidson to move US production overseas due to tariffs threats. WINNING yet?

+6
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
DWags
steveschneider
GRR Spartan
10 posters

Go down

Harley Davidson to move US production overseas due to tariffs threats.  WINNING yet? Empty Harley Davidson to move US production overseas due to tariffs threats. WINNING yet?

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-06-25, 10:05

Trump gave US corporations major tax breaks and Harley Davidson promptly took their tax savings windfall and after buying back 15 million shares valued at $696M.  Then they followed it up with closing the 800 employee Kansas City production facility, transerrinf 450 of the jobs to other locations in the US and cutting the workforce by 350.

Today due to Trump's entering tariff wars with our European allies Harley Davidson is going to move more production overseas.

Are we WINNING and is it MAGA time yet?

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/25/623140949/casualty-of-trade-tensions-harley-davidson-shifting-more-production-overseas
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Harley Davidson to move US production overseas due to tariffs threats.  WINNING yet? Empty Re: Harley Davidson to move US production overseas due to tariffs threats. WINNING yet?

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-25, 11:06

Is it unamerican that I don’t like Harley Davidson?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Harley Davidson to move US production overseas due to tariffs threats.  WINNING yet? Empty Re: Harley Davidson to move US production overseas due to tariffs threats. WINNING yet?

Post by DWags 2018-06-25, 14:47

Ima git one of them jackets melania was wearing about not caring and walk through Milwaukee with it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-25, 15:04

DWags wrote:Ima git one of them jackets melania was wearing about not caring and walk through Milwaukee with it.

You gonna be like John McClane standing on a corner in Harlem wearing a sandwich board..
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-25, 15:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:Ima git one of them jackets melania was wearing about not caring and walk through Milwaukee with it.

You gonna be like John McClane standing on a corner in Harlem wearing a sandwich board..

I always thought they should have brought back Alan Rickman for that role and just said he was Hans's twin brother.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-06-25, 15:47

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I always thought they should have brought back Alan Rickman for that role and just said he was Hans's twin brother.

Maybe the idea was floated by either party and it just didn't happen, but that would have been cool. Who was Han's brother, Alex Godunov or something? Lame.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-25, 16:28

DWags’ sandwich board can say: Miller sucks! Microbrews forever!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-06-25, 16:57

I’ll also say cheese curds are for assholes and bears fans.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-25, 17:07

Also, at the bottom, it should say: Milwaukee smells like a skanky cooter!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-06-25, 18:38

steveschneider wrote:Is it unamerican that I don’t like Harley Davidson?

You can buy one that's made in Europe...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-06-25, 19:08

Harley Davidson to move US production overseas due to tariffs threats.  WINNING yet? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-25, 19:30

Hahah!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-26, 01:12

It’s not that I dislike Harley, it’s that they’re just so nerve-wrackingly loud. It’s totally unnecessary, and it’s allowed to continue because “that’s what a Harley is supposed to sound like.” Tell you what: If my car’s exhaust sounded as loud as a Harley, I’d get a ticket for a noise violation. Double standard much?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-26, 08:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Maybe the idea was floated by either party and it just didn't happen, but that would have been cool. Who was Han's brother, Alex Godunov or something? Lame.

I'm talking about Die Hard 3. Jeremy Irons played Simon Gruber. Remember all that Simon Says bullshit. Irons was ok, but Alan Rickman would have been awesome.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2018-06-26, 08:51

tGreenWay wrote:It’s not that I dislike Harley, it’s that they’re just so nerve-wrackingly loud. It’s totally unnecessary, and it’s allowed to continue because “that’s what a Harley is supposed to sound like.”  Tell you what: If my car’s exhaust sounded as loud as a Harley, I’d get a ticket for a noise violation. Double standard much?
I always assumed they were loud so people might hear them while driving. Think of it as a safety issue.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-26, 10:14

For years I had a neighbor that would head off to work at five in the morning and I’d hear him start up his harley and let it warm up for a while. Woke me up every damn time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-06-26, 12:35

https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/status/1011640629003214855

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-06-26, 16:16

InTen, you may be right as to why it’s that loud, but it could be cut by half and still be heard very easily. Indian isn’t that loud. And those Harley aftermarket parts that make them even louder should be an automatic ticket on city streets.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2018-06-26, 20:12

steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/status/1011640629003214855

Seriously? This guy, I swear.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-06-26, 20:27

steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/theplumlinegs/status/1011640629003214855

The best policies!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2018-06-27, 07:14

tGreenWay wrote:It’s not that I dislike Harley, it’s that they’re just so nerve-wrackingly loud. It’s totally unnecessary, and it’s allowed to continue because “that’s what a Harley is supposed to sound like.”  Tell you what: If my car’s exhaust sounded as loud as a Harley, I’d get a ticket for a noise violation. Double standard much?

Trump is going to tax loud American made motorcycles.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down