Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good NYT Opinion piece

+10
NigelUno
steveschneider
Heat Miser
InTenSity
DWags
Cameron
Rocinante
WhiteBoyHatcher
I.B. Fine
kingstonlake
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Good NYT Opinion piece Empty Good NYT Opinion piece

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 7/2/2018, 1:35 pm

Not much to refute in here. But I particularly like this blurb. So, so true in everything that I have observed over the past few years. I keep finding myself back at this realization and it's why I've posed that 3 letter question in a few threads - why?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/01/opinion/trumps-rage-junkies.html

But no amount of moralizing from Trump’s opposition will affect the fervor of his supporters. Quite the opposite: Nothing quickens the pulse and induces the delight of conservatives more than the consternation of liberals. They would let the whole country collapse for the pleasure of spite.

Goose, I feel like you are part of this demographic. I have opined before that you seem to dislike all things liberal more than you really seem to care about conservative policies (with the exception of abortion). What the fuck is up with this phenomenon? I never defined myself as a liberal or a Dem but I certainly don't hate conservatives or Republicans with the same type of venom that so many of them seem to feel towards the left. I despise Trumpism and I think a lot of political conservatives are cowards more concerned about self preservation than doing what is right but I don't giggle with glee when a conservative gets put down and I don't think the majority of liberals do either. I think this is at the very core of the issue this country is facing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Good NYT Opinion piece Empty Re: Good NYT Opinion piece

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/2/2018, 1:57 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Not much to refute in here. But I particularly like this blurb. So, so true in everything that I have observed over the past few years. I keep finding myself back at this realization and it's why I've posed that 3 letter question in a few threads - why?

But no amount of moralizing from Trump’s opposition will affect the fervor of his supporters. Quite the opposite: Nothing quickens the pulse and induces the delight of conservatives more than the consternation of liberals. They would let the whole country collapse for the pleasure of spite.

Goose, I feel like you are part of this demographic. I have opined before that you seem to dislike all things liberal more than you really seem to care about conservative policies (with the exception of abortion). What the fuck is up with this phenomenon? I never defined myself as a liberal or a Dem but I certainly don't hate conservatives or Republicans with the same type of venom that so many of them seem to feel towards the left. I despise Trumpism and I think a lot of political conservatives are cowards more concerned about self preservation than doing what is right but I don't giggle with glee when a conservative gets put down and I don't think the majority of liberals do either. I think this is at the very core of the issue this country is facing.
it all goes back to racism and bigotry, pure and simple.

if we had never had 8 years of a successful, admired, scandal-free black president with a lovely family, there never would've been a racist, bigoted sexual predator. Because the right couldn't make their hate-filled, racist attacks and manufactured scandals stick to Obama, they're gleefully trying to punish the entire country for electing him not once, but twice.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 7/2/2018, 2:12 pm

I don't believe it's that simple in all cases Bob.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/2/2018, 2:22 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I don't believe it's that simple in all cases Bob.
I just don't think the American collective is much brighter than that... and I certainly can't explain to any sort of intellectual standard why the same patriots outraged at the fact that Barack Obama was simply breathing for 8 years suddenly allow a racist, bigoted sexual predator to run all over their once beloved Constitution.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 7/2/2018, 2:37 pm

I am sure that is a big part of it for a segment but I don't think we can simplify it down into that one sentiment for all of those that despise the left. I think a big part of it is the anti-PC crowd, as well. I see a lot of that - people that are pissed off that they are not supposed to do or say certain things because they are offensive. Which to be honest I don't really get, but that's neither here nor there.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/2/2018, 2:42 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I am sure that is a big part of it for a segment but I don't think we can simplify it down into that one sentiment for all of those that despise the left. I think a big part of it is the anti-PC crowd, as well. I see a lot of that - people that are pissed off that they are not supposed to do or say certain things because they are offensive. Which to be honest I don't really get, but that's neither here nor there.
but the "anti-PC crowd" seems to be the most emotionally fragile people around.. why else would they be so vociferously opposed to peaceful protest and a freedom of the press?

you know how outraged they are/were by "Black Lives Matter".. and would screech that ALL lives matter.. but now they're okay with children in cages?? Good NYT Opinion piece 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 7/2/2018, 2:53 pm

“With the exception of abortion”. Is a BIG exception.

For many, it’s all they vote on.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/2/2018, 2:56 pm

Rocinante wrote:“With the exception of abortion”. Is a BIG exception.

For many, it’s all they vote on.
but, again, they're (mostly) okay with the death penalty which is disproportionately applied to minorities. And they don't have a problem with unarmed black males being shot by police..

so they're only "pro life" as it relates to a very specific demographic.

I'm certainly open to hearing opinions from others as to why once such protectors of the Constitution and previously fine patriots concerned about the moral direction of the country under a black president are perfectly okay with it being destroyed by a racist, bigoted sexual predator.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/2/2018, 3:20 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Not much to refute in here. But I particularly like this blurb. So, so true in everything that I have observed over the past few years. I keep finding myself back at this realization and it's why I've posed that 3 letter question in a few threads - why?

Absolutely laughable that you would quote a Charles Blow piece on Conservatives. He knows nothing about Conservatives other than how much HE HATES them. His premise that Cons don't mind "destroying the country if they can win is silly. Tell me Mr. Neutral which party has disputed the last 2 Presidential elections they lost thus undermining confidence in our electoral system? Which party is advocating violence in the streets as they did in the 60s? How much coverage has your beloved media given the Antifa thugs attacking a prayer gathering? They called an assualt and beating a "riot" to spread the blame. Laughable.

I saw Dendro a while ago and you here use the term "Trumpism". Want a rational discussion? I'll ignore the assholes here if you or her is willing to clarify your position for me. Can you define "Trumpism"? Real events, real things he's done - not made up bullshit he MIGHT do. See I feel as if you're simply regurgitating how much things have changed for the worse without being able to define it.

It's strange how reality differs from the view you get from the CBS/NBC/ABC/CNN/MSNBC axis. They all act as if this is the 1st time that the Dems have so hated an R president or nominee....that's pure BS. This tactic is so old that the "Nazi" and "Fascist" thing goes back to Harry S Truman using those terms to describe Thomas Dewey. Only nowadays the Press brazenly helps them out with the smear..

What Conservatives want is to be generally left alone by the government. They want the borders held. If 1,000,000 illegal immigrants is so damned good for a country why isn't Mexico fighting to keep these prizes? Why is Canada deporting 90%+ of them? Yet Trump and the R's get roasted for what is an incredibly popular policy. Don't believe me? Here's "reall" America - not the media, not staged demonstrations:

On the issue of separations, Penn began with a threshold question: "Do you think that people who make it across our border illegally should be allowed to stay in the country or sent home? Sixty-four percent (83 percent of Republicans, 47 percent of Democrats, and 66 percent of independents) said they should be sent home. Thirty-six percent said they should be allowed to stay.

Then, Penn asked: "Do you think that parents with children who make it across our border illegally should be allowed to stay in the country or sent home?" The presence of children made little different in the result: 61 percent (81 percent of Republicans, 40 percent of Democrats, and 66 percent of independents) said they should be sent home, while 39 percent said they should be allowed to stay.

The vast majority — 88 percent — opposed separating illegal immigrant families while they are in the U.S., and they blamed the Trump administration for the policy. On the other hand, 55 percent (76 percent of Republicans, 39 percent of Democrats, and 55 percent of independents) said illegal immigrant families should be held in custody "until a judge reviews their case" — essentially the new Trump family detention policy.

The end result was that a substantial majority said illegal border crossers, and the children they brought, should be returned to their home countries. To that end, 80 percent (84 percent of Republicans, 79 percent of Democrats, and 78 percent of independents) favored hiring more immigration judges "to process people in custody faster."

"They [poll respondents] rejected family separation while narrowly favoring family detention," Penn told me in an email exchange. "Mostly they want people who cross the border illegally to be turned around and returned home efficiently."

Penn's polling found other results broadly favorable to the Trump approach to immigration.

For example, Penn asked, "Do you think we need stricter or looser enforcement of our immigration laws?" Seventy percent (92 percent of Republicans, 51 percent of Democrats, and 69 percent of independents) said stricter, while 30 percent said looser.

Penn asked whether respondents "support or oppose building a combination of physical and electronic barriers across the U.S.-Mexico border." Sixty percent (92 percent of Republicans, 39 percent of Democrats, and 54 percent of independents) supported the barriers, while 40 percent did not.

Sixty-one percent (73 percent of Republicans, 49 percent of Democrats, and 60 percent of independents) said current border security is inadequate.

For today's divided political climate those are strong numbers in favor - if you only watch the news you'd think it was the opposite.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/donald-trumps-mainstream-immigration-policy

Were you aware that Trump is gaining support among OTPT's tribe? And among Blacks? I know this board is overwhelmingly Liberal - but sorry to tell you folks it's not reflective of America. The Liberals are a minority, not a Majority, especially in the Midwest and South.

MANCHESTER, N.H. (Reuters) - Enthusiasm for the Democratic Party is waning among millennials as its candidates head into the crucial midterm congressional elections, according to the Reuters/Ipsos national opinion poll.
The online survey of more than 16,000 registered voters ages 18 to 34 shows their support for Democrats over Republicans for Congress slipped by about 9 percentage points over the past two years, to 46 percent overall. And they increasingly say the Republican Party is a better steward of the economy.

Two years ago, young white people favored Democrats over Republicans for Congress by a margin of 47 to 33 percent; that gap vanished by this year, with 39 percent supporting each party.

The shift was especially dramatic among young white men, who two years ago favored Democrats but now say they favor Republicans over Democrats by a margin of 46 to 37 percent, the Reuters/Ipsos poll showed.

Ashley Reed, a white single mother of three in New Hampshire, said a teenage fascination with Democrat Barack Obama led her to support his presidency in 2008. But her politics evolved with her personal life.

Reed, now 28, grew more supportive of gun rights, for instance, while married to her now ex-husband, a U.S. Navy technician. She lost faith in social welfare programs she came to believe were misused. She opposed abortion after having children.

Reed plans to vote for a Republican for Congress this year.

“As I got older, I felt that I could be my own voice,” she said last month in Concord, New Hampshire.

Ashley's become one of Blow's deplorables that wants to tear the country apart rather than fall in line and vote for his candidate - what a jackass he is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/2/2018, 3:21 pm

awesome.. Goose is back with some mainstream media links..

thanks, Goose!! Welcome back, brah.

Good NYT Opinion piece 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 7/2/2018, 5:18 pm

Yeah, what about Antifa, wbh?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 7/2/2018, 8:25 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

Absolutely laughable that you would quote a Charles Blow piece on Conservatives.   He knows nothing about Conservatives other than how much HE HATES them.  His premise that Cons don't mind "destroying the country if they can win is silly.   Tell me Mr. Neutral which party has disputed the last 2 Presidential elections they lost thus undermining confidence in our electoral system?    Which party is advocating violence in the streets as they did in the 60s?   How much coverage has your beloved media given the Antifa thugs attacking a prayer gathering?   They called an assualt and beating a "riot" to spread the blame.   Laughable.

I saw Dendro a while ago and you here use the term "Trumpism".   Want a rational discussion?   I'll ignore the assholes here if you or her is willing to clarify your position for me.   Can you define "Trumpism"?    Real events, real things he's done - not made up bullshit he MIGHT do.   See I feel as if you're simply regurgitating how much things have changed for the worse without being able to define it.

It's strange how reality differs from the view you get from the CBS/NBC/ABC/CNN/MSNBC axis.   They all act as if this is the 1st time that the Dems have so hated an R president or nominee....that's pure BS.   This tactic is so old that the "Nazi" and "Fascist" thing goes back to Harry S Truman using those terms to describe Thomas Dewey.   Only nowadays the Press brazenly helps them out with the smear..

You sure do know alot about news outlets you claim to never watch. And if you truly don't then you are exactly what WBH claims you are. A Trump echo-ist. Because that's straight out of his playbook.

So which is it?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 7/2/2018, 8:55 pm

Fuck I tried to type out a response and my browser refreshed and I lost it.

TL;DR - kl is sorta right. You had all these talking points queued up to prove that liberals are full of shit and they are being manipulated and Trump isn't really as bad as people make him out to be. And then you cited a bunch of media outlets that I literally have never watched as proof.

I am not being manipulated dude. Trump is a gigantic piece of shit. Listen to him. Observe him and the way he conducts himself. It is funny that you try to convince yourself that it's just people overreacting.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 7/2/2018, 9:22 pm

Hey Goose?

Do Conservatives like tariffs?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 7/2/2018, 9:49 pm

Meh, I’m convinced that Trumps followers have all kinds of reasons to follow him, but one common reason is that many are racists.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 7/3/2018, 12:32 am

Wags has come over to the unhinged leftist side. Welcome my friend.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/3/2018, 6:59 am

Lovin' how Goose rails on the mainstream media while posting mainstream media articles that support his views. Good NYT Opinion piece 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 7/3/2018, 8:29 am

This place is a total echo chamber, guys. If you think you can blame everything on one side, you really aren't that aware. The immigration problem really falls directly on Congress, both parties. They are the ones who are supposed to enact legislation and they have failed to do a thing-for decades.
Dems like the idea of a whole new group of voters they can tantalize with govt benefits, while repubs are keeping wages low by bringing in lots of cheap labor.
Meanwhile they all are in one constant election campaign where style counts way more than substance.
Sure, Trump is often a rude obnoxious blowhard, but he actually has accomplished a fair bit between shoving his foot in his mouth. (I am waiting for any specifics on his racism in office) Despite your criticism of Goose's sources, the point is valid, a majority of Americans agree with him on immigration. His immigration policy is not even really new, and was practiced, though perhaps less aggressively, by Obama, yet Obama could do no wrong in the worshipful press's eyes.
If you ventured out into reality once in a while, explored alternative sources for your information and try to look at both sides, perhaps you would understand that a lot of voters are sick of being told what ignoramuses they are by pompous ass hats.

Oh, and Charles Blow is as big a Trump hater as you'll find, far from 'unbiased', as demonstrated by his one sided view of things in the article.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/3/2018, 8:32 am

I.B. Fine wrote:This place is a total echo chamber, guys.  If you think you can blame everything on one side, you really aren't that aware. The immigration problem really falls directly on Congress, both parties. They are the ones who are supposed to enact legislation and they have failed to do a thing-for decades.
Dems like the idea of a whole new group of voters they can tantalize with govt benefits, while repubs are keeping wages low by bringing in lots of cheap labor.
Meanwhile they all are in one constant election campaign where style counts way more than substance.
Sure, Trump is often a rude obnoxious blowhard, but he actually has accomplished  a fair bit between shoving his foot in his mouth. (I am waiting for any specifics on his racism in office) Despite your criticism of Goose's sources, the point is valid, a majority of Americans agree with him on immigration. His immigration policy is not even really new, and was practiced, though perhaps less aggressively, by Obama, yet Obama could do no wrong in the worshipful press's eyes.
If you ventured out into reality once in a while, explored alternative sources for your information and try to look at both sides, perhaps you would understand that a lot of voters are sick of being told what ignoramuses they are by pompous ass hats.

Oh, and Charles Blow is as big a Trump hater as you'll find, far from 'unbiased', as demonstrated by his one sided view of things in the article.
you're welcome to your opinions.

Good NYT Opinion piece 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 7/3/2018, 10:16 am

I.B. Fine wrote:This place is a total echo chamber, guys.  If you think you can blame everything on one side, you really aren't that aware. The immigration problem really falls directly on Congress, both parties. They are the ones who are supposed to enact legislation and they have failed to do a thing-for decades.
Sure, Trump is often a rude obnoxious blowhard, but he actually has accomplished  a fair bit between shoving his foot in his mouth. (I am waiting for any specifics on his racism in office) Despite your criticism of Goose's sources, the point is valid, a majority of Americans agree with him on immigration. His immigration policy is not even really new, and was practiced, though perhaps less aggressively, by Obama, yet Obama could do no wrong in the worshipful press's eyes.

I understand that this place is an echo chamber but your mistake (and Goose's) I think in this case is that somehow I (or others) are getting all of their facts from this board. Or CNN/MSNBC. The only "news" sites I check out are detnews and freep.com and it's not usually for national politics. I see some stuff on Twitter but the majority of my opinions are formed by interacting in real life and online with people that I actually know (not message boardings). And also by seeing and reading the shit that Trump spews out of his mouth. I've never met a person that actually cares strongly about immigration one way or another until Trump told them that this was a sticking point and something we must do. I know plenty of people who were vocal bashers of Obama and never once was "immigration" or immigration policies brought up as a sticking point. It is possible that when asked direct questions on opinions about immigration that people on any side might agree with an opinion that illegal immigrants should not be allowed to waltz into this country. That doesn't mean that they care or that it was a hot button issue before Trump made it into one. And I will fully admit that just because the people that I interact with and talk to never cared about immigration does not mean others don't. My personal opinion is that you do have a relatively small demographic of conservatives who REALLY care about immigration and probably always have and Trump is playing to them and his crowd of worshippers who go along with everything he says and stirring up some of that xenophobia. 

I also have witnessed many times what the author of the article alludes to. In talking to and observing many conservative folks they HATE liberals. They call them libtards or other vile names and at the top of their agendas seem to be pissing them off. Above policy issues. That is why I posted the article. I see that, too, and I agree with the guy, regardless of his background.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 7/3/2018, 10:28 am

Good NYT Opinion piece A418b810
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 7/3/2018, 10:35 am

I'm going to assume you don't include... oh... most of us in your generalization since there are constant comments about how feckless and shitty the Democrats are.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 7/3/2018, 10:49 am

It is the party of trolls. They thrive on a liberal melt downs. It’s as thrilling to them as when we go to mgoblog and watch them meltdown after their football team gets their ass kicked.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/3/2018, 10:54 am

steveschneider wrote:It is the party of trolls. They thrive on a liberal melt downs. It’s as thrilling to them as when we go to mgoblog and watch them meltdown after their football team gets their ass kicked.
I'd say about 97.3% of them are also racist bigots.

it might make them sad for me to say that.. but I don't know too many racist bigots who proudly announce it for the world to admire.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 7/3/2018, 11:03 am

Like I’ve said, people support him for many reasons, however, the common theme for many of them is racism. Guaranteed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/3/2018, 11:09 am

DWags wrote:Like I’ve said, people support him for many reasons, however, the common theme for many of them is racism.   Guaranteed.
yep.

some people try to make it more complicated than it is.. but it's really this simple.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 7/3/2018, 12:23 pm

I understand the inclination to think Trump supporter = racist and not spare it a second thought. There is value in heuristics, to be sure. But I think it deepens the divide to draw such simple conclusions, and I don't see whose interests are really served by doing so.

Well, I have some cynical thoughts about whose interests are what here, but I don't wish to cast aspersions unprovoked. Not today, at least.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 7/3/2018, 12:27 pm

At the end of the day, there is a shit ton of racism involved in supporting him. Cut it up anyway you like, but you’ll find it in every slice.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7/3/2018, 12:42 pm

So far not one rational definition of "Trumpism" and why you hate it. More evidence that all people really want to do is name call not have any legitimate discussion. As is rote by now KL calls me a liar because I happen to know about media outlets I don't watch. Great logic there, must mean every Liberal here FEASTS on FoxNews and Bob mainlines the MSM.

I saw a couple weeks ago some crowing that George Will said to vote Dems in November as if he was some great Conservative. Does anyone here remember the last Rep nominee he dismissed as unhinged? Yep - the now icon of the left John McCain - Will said people should vote for Obama because McCain was too unstable to be Pres. You people have been so distorted by the left that you don't even know what a Conservative is. My god, the Washington Post touts Jennifer Rubin as their "Conservative voice" - the same woman that endorses hounding Trump staffers for the rest of their lives. Her list of articles reads like a leftist manifesto from the 70s.

And of course it's a racism to the Libs here....lol, what a joke. Fall back on the most simplistic, offensive explanation possible. Yep, you're good candidates for the party of Pelosi. So 60%+ of Americans are racists because they oppose ILLEGAL immigration. And the media whips you all into a frenzy about CRIMINALS being separated from their families. How many of you will be protesting at your county jails or state prisons this weekend?? The same thing happens every day to American citizens at those facilities. Why aren't you upset over that? Why aren't you upset at the lawbreaking parents that bring their kids along during the crime?

Did you see the other great victory of the anti racists this week? Yep they smeared Laura Ingalls Wilder - be proud of yourselves you woke people. It’s Not Laura Ingalls Wilder Who Is Prejudiced, It’s The Librarians Smearing Her Legacy

Some more reading for you. Hey, Democrats, The System Doesn’t Need To Be ’Fixed’ Every Time You Lose An Election Strange how I supposedly get shit "fed" to me - that article came out today - after my statement yesterday about the Dems contesting elections. My favortie quotes in it from noted Lefty Ezra Klein and his shifting opinions....

Here is what Klein said back when he was a filibuster reformer:

Democrats, rather than filibustering themselves in service of a political point, would have weakened the filibuster on behalf of the next majority, whoever it may be. It could be a blow struck against themselves in service of the long-term health of the Senate.

Here’s what he says now as a Supreme Court reformer:

Here, in truth, is where the past few years have left us. The minority party no longer holds a scintilla of power over Supreme Court picks. The majority party can and will jam whomever they want onto the Court, where that person will serve for life.

“The institution is broken,” he said. “The filibuster rests on an unstable foundation,” he said. “Let’s talk,” he said. When it was convenient, his Twitter bio let two-million-plus followers know that he hated the filibuster. Now he’s concerned that the majority party is “jamming” through a nominee?

What Klein probably meant to say all those years was that the filibuster undermined a “healthy” liberal majority. Today, he couches concerns about the system in the supposed tribulations surrounding “life appointments” to the court. I don’t recall similar concerns regarding the lifetime appointments of Sonia Sotomayor or Elena Kagan, although perhaps they exist.

Harry Reid was warned, he ignored the warning. Now Libs are pushing a court packing scheme. Dumb.

Another new poll, these are strange results for a man the Press has convinced you is so wildly unpopular. According to the Wags theory this means 50% of the country are racists. I wonder how they all sleep at night?

NBC News poll: Most want vote on Trump Supreme Court nominee before midterms

The full data doesn’t include demographic breakdowns, but it has some other eye-popping good news for Republicans. Donald Trump gets his best approval ratings in this series all year at 48/50, up from 45/52 a month ago. His strongly approve number hit a new high (29%) while his strongly disapprove number remained at the year-long low of 40%. On top of that, the generic congressional ballot narrowed to a three-point lead for Democrats (43/40), down from seven points the last time the question was asked in February (44/37). The momentum seems to be rolling toward Republicans with just four months to go before the midterms.

The party the media has you convinced that 90% of the country hates.

I think all of you are in for more major disappointments.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 7/3/2018, 12:45 pm

I’ll define Trumpism. It’s about being openly racist, being putin’s puppet, embracing brutal dictators, being a dick to our allies, and actively working to divide our country for personal gain.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 7/3/2018, 12:48 pm

Seen a term floating around to describe the GOP which is white wingers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/3/2018, 12:49 pm

Goose is back with some mainstream media links and lots of time on his hands.. Good NYT Opinion piece 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/3/2018, 12:50 pm

Bobby Sak wrote:I'd say about 97.3% of them are also racist bigots.

it might make them sad for me to say that.. but I don't know too many racist bigots who proudly announce it for the world to admire.

LooseGoose wrote:

And of course it's a racism to the Libs here....lol, what a joke.   Fall back on the most simplistic, offensive explanation possible.  

see what I mean.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 7/3/2018, 1:00 pm

I see the party of family values, is selective on which families to value. Tired of the meme talking about 250k soldiers are separated from their family. Guess what that's pretty much voluntary and not even on the same plane. Tired of the criminal thing as well. I guess from now on families should be separated if they get caught for stealing, which previously is the equivalent of what crossing the border was compared to.
It really doesn't matter, maybe because I live somewhere where I'm a minority and don't see things getting destroyed. Or living so close to the Canadian border somehow makes Michiganders paranoid of Mexicans and gang violence, that yes, is bad, but kinda limited where it takes place. I tend not to believe that the world is coming to an end because of immigrants and a lot of my interaction with them has been watching poor people pick fields for rich corporations in horrible conditions.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/3/2018, 1:15 pm

InTenSity wrote:I see the party of family values, is selective on which families to value. Tired of the meme talking about 250k soldiers are separated from their family. Guess what that's pretty much voluntary and not even on the same plane. Tired of the criminal thing as well. I guess from now on families should be separated if they get caught for stealing, which previously is the equivalent of what crossing the border was compared to.
It really doesn't matter, maybe because I live somewhere where I'm a minority and don't see things getting destroyed. Or living so close to the Canadian border somehow makes Michiganders paranoid of Mexicans and gang violence, that yes, is bad, but kinda limited where it takes place. I tend not to believe that the world is coming to an end because of immigrants and a lot of my interaction with them has been watching poor people pick fields for rich corporations in horrible conditions.
white folks in the administration convince white folks that control the mainstream media to tell white folks at home that all of their problems are because of brown people.

makes perfect sense. Rolling Eyes

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 7/3/2018, 1:17 pm

DWags wrote:Like I’ve said, people support him for many reasons, however, the common theme for many of them is racism.   Guaranteed.

I think it's a coalition of various groups (in no particular order):

1. Whitey - must at least keep black & brown people in their place. Better yet, kick them out.
2. Misogynists - must keep women in their place.
3. Gun nuts. "The libs are gonna repeal the 2nd Amendment" Good NYT Opinion piece 4198636888
4. Jesus freaks. "Godless libtards are ruining 'Merica!"
5. The anti-abortion crowd. "Save the babies!!! But they're not my fucking problem after they're born!!!"

Naturally, quite a few people will be members of many or all of these groups, but a lot of them are "one issue" voters. They don't care what Orange Fuckface does as long he satisfies their issue.

There's your platform - Guns, Jesus, Abortion, Immigration, & Military. Keep the sheep focused & voting for those issues while the you rob them blind.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/3/2018, 1:21 pm

Heat Miser wrote:

I think it's a coalition of various groups (in no particular order):

1. Whitey - must at least keep black & brown people in their place. Better yet, kick them out.
2. Misogynists - must keep women in their place.
3. Gun nuts. "The libs are gonna repeal the 2nd Amendment" Good NYT Opinion piece 4198636888
4. Jesus freaks. "Godless libtards are ruining 'Merica!"
5. The anti-abortion crowd. "Save the babies!!! But they're not my fucking problem after they're born!!!"

Naturally, quite a few people will be members of many or all of these groups, but a lot of them are "one issue" voters. They don't care what Orange Fuckface does as long he satisfies their issue.

There's your platform - Guns, Jesus, Abortion, Immigration, & Military. Keep the sheep focused & voting for those issues while the you rob them blind.
pretty accurate.. but the racists you refer to in #1 also are very capable of harboring the exact attributes you outline in points 2-5, as you suggested.

and, yes, I'm glad you referred to them as "anti abortion" - they might not be fans of abortion but they certainly are anything but "pro-life".

so, yeah, to sum it up.. it's racism. Good NYT Opinion piece 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 7/3/2018, 2:57 pm

Regarding #5 don’t forget about any repub that requires an abortion when they knock up their mistress.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 7/3/2018, 3:23 pm

steveschneider wrote:Regarding #5 don’t forget about any repub that requires an abortion when they knock up their mistress.
I do wonder how many abortions the racist, bigoted sexual predator has either paid for or forced his girlfriends to have.

I'm sure his 'christian' supporters would be absolutely appalled by the number.. Rolling Eyes Good NYT Opinion piece 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 7/3/2018, 3:44 pm

Goose?

You kind of lost any credibility when you went down the 'Save the Statues' path.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next