Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+33
Bill Cain
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
Cameron
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
TheReal_LWS
AvgMSUJoe
GirbaudJeans
Banks2Mason
goodbar
DWags
Death Roe
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
InTenSity
loogoldham
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
tGreenWay
Senior Dickfist
Dendrobates
37 posters

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings - Page 16 Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-07-03, 08:28

The Pantry wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

I'm starting to think that big pharma is also paying insurance companies or at the least contracts on a price per drug. I've had the formulary changed on three of the drugs I take, in two instances the total amount of each replacement drug is more than the drug the insurance company didn't want to pay for. Big pharma also kicks in on the copay so all three cost me next to nothing every month.
Healthcare cost increases have been spiraling out of control at least the past 30 years. Carte Blanche for anyone in the medical field, including the insurers.

There are schools that train people for medical billing. Seriously?

I think it's called coding. Saw an article a while ago about some guy who lives in the middle of nowhere in Tennessee or Kentucky and makes a good living doing it. All he needs is a good internet connection to do his job.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-07-03, 09:03

[quote="Jake from State Farm"]
The Pantry wrote:

I think it's called coding. Saw an article a while ago about some guy who lives in the middle of nowhere in Tennessee or Kentucky and makes a good living doing it. All he needs is a good internet connection to do his job.

Friend's wife does it remotely. She works for a hospital across the country.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-07-03, 09:11

The Pantry wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

I'm starting to think that big pharma is also paying insurance companies or at the least contracts on a price per drug. I've had the formulary changed on three of the drugs I take, in two instances the total amount of each replacement drug is more than the drug the insurance company didn't want to pay for. Big pharma also kicks in on the copay so all three cost me next to nothing every month.
Healthcare cost increases have been spiraling out of control at least the past 30 years. Carte Blanche for anyone in the medical field, including the insurers.

Billing and coding are extremely complex. There are something like 30,000 procedure codes and 70,000 diagnosis codes. Billers/coders have to make sure they use the right ones to ensure payment AND avoid committing fraud, all the while knowing the nuances of dealing with the individual insurance companies. Despite standards, insurance companies all seem to have their own way of interpreting codes and approving claims for payment.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-07-03, 11:31

An entire field that wouldn't exist if we had a reasonable healthcare system.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-07-03, 18:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Billing and coding are extremely complex. There are something like 30,000 procedure codes and 70,000 diagnosis codes. Billers/coders have to make sure they use the right ones to ensure payment AND avoid committing fraud, all the while knowing the nuances of dealing with the individual insurance companies. Despite standards, insurance companies all seem to have their own way of interpreting codes and approving claims for payment.
Doesn't sound that complex. Seems like something that could be done with a fairly simple database or maybe even a spreadsheet.

Or have the medical industry and insurers found a way to over complicate it, like the tax code?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-07-03, 19:02

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Doesn't sound that complex. Seems like something that could be done with a fairly simple database or maybe even a spreadsheet.

Or have the medical industry and insurers found a way to over complicate it, like the tax code?
It's not that complex until the wrong code is used and you are held responsible for $20k bill, and you have to do all the legwork.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-07-03, 19:38

InTenSity wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Doesn't sound that complex. Seems like something that could be done with a fairly simple database or maybe even a spreadsheet.

It's not that complex until the wrong code is used and you are held responsible for $20k bill, and you have to do all the legwork.
So, the billing/coding layer of medical bureaucracy is there to help protect doctors from malpractice lawsuits. Makes sense.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-07-10, 08:58

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/09/us/delta-flight-engine-damage-video/index.html

"After we heard the boom we just saw all this smoke come up into the cabin, and that's when we really started freaking out," passenger Avery Porch told CNN affiliate WMAR. "It started slowing down a little bit, it started getting hot (and) air cut off."

Well, this would make me shit myself.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-11, 15:59

I keep buying Two-Bite chocolate brownies because it takes me a minimum of three bites. But I’ll keep trying. Practice like it’s a game.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-07-11, 16:24

We don't have an "Oh, Illinois" thread and I'm too busy to start one right now.

[tw]1149407100981972992[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-07-11, 16:42

Floyd Robertson wrote:We don't have an "Oh, Illinois" thread and I'm too busy to start one right now.

[tw]1149407100981972992[/tw]

So she had the kids in there to weigh it down so it wouldn't fly off the car? She dumb. One kid would be plenty of weight for that.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-07-12, 18:19

https://www.nytimes.com/video/arts/100000005865824/bob-ross-paintings-mystery.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

Great Bob Ross video.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-07-14, 21:30

I know we had a thread last summer for ABCs crappy Sunday night family fued and pyramid Sunday nights with celebs. Can't find it. Just want to say Rob Gronkowski is not a smart person. Couldn't handle pyramid. Lol

Last edited by aualum06 on 2019-07-14, 22:44; edited 1 time in total
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-14, 22:23

aualum06 wrote:I know we had a thread last summer for ABCs crappy Sunday night family fued and pyramid Sunday nights with celebs. Can't find it. Just want to say Rob Gronkowski is not a art person. Couldn't handle pyramid. Lol

It was a bill Cain rip off of what was said on family feud that night. He started a thread about a topic on it and I think it was you and I who also had been watching it and we called him out on it. So i know it didn’t have family feud in the title.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-07-14, 22:45

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:I know we had a thread last summer for ABCs crappy Sunday night family fued and pyramid Sunday nights with celebs. Can't find it. Just want to say Rob Gronkowski is not a art person. Couldn't handle pyramid. Lol

It was a bill Cain rip off of what was said on family feud that night. He started a thread about a topic on it and I think it was you and I who also had been watching it and we called him out on it. So i know it didn’t have family feud in the title.

Yeah I know it had a name that referred to the shows or the theme that night but can't remember. Makes sense it was bill cain
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-14, 23:01

Pretty cool. Cast members from broadway plays that were canceled due to the blackout yesterday went out on the streets and did impromptu performances for the people on the streets

Taking it to the streets.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2019-07-16, 23:37

Another negative for dish Network. Lost my cbs station tonight. They are growing close to going bye bye
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-07-17, 08:44

So I'm sitting here in the Macomb county courthouse pulling jury duty with unsecured wifi. What sites should I surf to entertain me?

Been here 1/2 hour and nothing is happening.

A lot of parking downtown in the Clem, but I forgot quarters, the meters don't take CC so I had to install this parking app. What a PITA. Random Ramblings - Page 16 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-17, 10:10

Floyd Robertson wrote:So I'm sitting here in the Macomb county courthouse pulling jury duty with unsecured wifi. What sites should I surf to entertain me?

A lot of parking downtown in the Clem, but I forgot quarters, the meters don't take CC so I had to install this parking app. What a PITA. Random Ramblings - Page 16 502811600

https://www.sporcle.com/blog/2017/01/sites-that-kill-time/amp/

p.s. I hope you get seated near Judge Faunce.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-07-17, 10:16

Floyd Robertson wrote:So I'm sitting here in the Macomb county courthouse pulling jury duty with unsecured wifi. What sites should I surf to entertain me?

Was in that same room two summers ago. Same place. Never was called. Gave us lunch break. Told us to be back in an hour. we came back, sat around some more. Then they started calling people. One of the guys who was there before lunch, never came back after lunch. Called him and called him. I don't know the penalty, but it's not a good thing I believe. Oh well.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-07-17, 13:10

I haven't seen Judge Faunce yet except in a video that introduced all of the judges. Last time I was here I almost made the jury for the Stephen Grant trial, dude who went psycho and hacked up his wife, Tara. They excused 11 people at 11 and told the rest of us to be back at 1:30. Whole lots of time to kill.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-17, 14:48

Faunce was in the House for a couple of terms twenty years ago. Smack dab in her prime. It was an enjoyable assignment when I got to cover her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-07-17, 15:22

tGreenWay wrote:Faunce was in the House for a couple of terms twenty years ago. Smack dab in her prime. It was an enjoyable assignment when I got to cover her.

With what?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-17, 16:59

Rocinante wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Faunce was in the House for a couple of terms twenty years ago. Smack dab in her prime. It was an enjoyable assignment when I got to cover her.

With what?

Something long and hard.

Random Ramblings - Page 16 4113017228 We we’re still using field microphones back then.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-07-19, 18:47

Stevia fuckin sucks.

That shoulda been the first sign that Lydia from BB was crazy. Drinking that crap
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-07-19, 19:55

Tim Wakefield wrote:Stevia fuckin sucks.

That shoulda been the first sign that Lydia from BB was crazy. Drinking that crap
You've tried stevia?

First learned of it 20 years ago. Though "all natural" it has a flavor that reminds of aspartame and other artificial sweeteners. It's not good.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2019-07-19, 23:01

The Pantry wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Stevia fuckin sucks.

You've tried stevia?

First learned of it 20 years ago. Though "all natural" it has a flavor that reminds of aspartame and other artificial sweeteners. It's not good.

People I'm hanging with tonight were making Moscow mules with a Stevia-sweetened ginger beer. Most noticeable thing I've ever tasted. I can't even describe the taste but I didn't like it
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2019-07-21, 00:36

All of my valuable work experience is in sales but I suck at sales. Currently working in furniture sales and this sucks, but I’m too old to be unemployed. I guess I just have to work while go back to school part time. But hey, I have friends again so things aren’t that bad. Wish I just was going to school and didn’t have to pretend to like my job every day. My parents allowed me to make mistakes. I guess I could have had a drill sergeant or football coach to tell me what I was good at and what I sucked at. Sometimes I wish I had that type of parent
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-21, 01:01

Bill Cain wrote:All of my valuable work experience is in sales but I suck at sales. Currently working in furniture sales and this sucks, but I’m too old to be unemployed. I guess I just have to work while go back to school part time. But hey, I have friends again so things aren’t that bad. Wish I just was going to school and didn’t have to pretend to like my job every day. My parents allowed me to make mistakes. I guess I could have had a drill sergeant or football coach to tell me what I was good at and what I sucked at. Sometimes I wish I had that type of parent

Time to up your meds and get into therapy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2019-07-22, 22:15

tGreenWay wrote:
Bill Cain wrote:All of my valuable work experience is in sales but I suck at sales. Currently working in furniture sales and this sucks, but I’m too old to be unemployed. I guess I just have to work while go back to school part time. But hey, I have friends again so things aren’t that bad. Wish I just was going to school and didn’t have to pretend to like my job every day. My parents allowed me to make mistakes. I guess I could have had a drill sergeant or football coach to tell me what I was good at and what I sucked at. Sometimes I wish I had that type of parent

Time to up your meds and get into therapy.

Funny enough I saw my general care doctor today and he said I’m the best I’ve ever been and agrees with my psychiatrist that I should get off the meds. I’ve seen a therapist for a long time. I’m just down in the mouth about my prospects. My brother made 3x what I make at 25. I come from a big family and all my siblings make over 6 figures. I guess life’s not fair. They had normal lives. Friends, girlfriends, performed well in school and at work. While I had it the hardest. I guess they do say the youngest is the most fucked up
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2019-07-22, 22:16

Nm
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-07-22, 23:09

Life is not a competition, Blill.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-07-22, 23:50

Get your shit together Bill. You are not as boxed in as you think you are. Go find something better. It's not that hard. Get yourself out there. Craft a resume (don't lie but tailor). Be charming. The world is your oyster. Stop being such a self loathing dipshit.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-07-23, 22:36

Joined a coed soccer league. Fun as shit. Wish i played growing up.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-07-23, 23:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Joined a coed soccer league. Fun as shit. Wish i played growing up.

Best chick in the sack for me was a really really good soccer player. Those legs.......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-07-23, 23:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Joined a coed soccer league. Fun as shit. Wish i played growing up.
Does this mean you're going to be critical of MSU soccer recruits now?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-07-23, 23:36

InTenSity wrote:

Random Ramblings - Page 16 502811600 Random Ramblings - Page 16 502811600

Soccer would be fun to play. My knees couldn't take it, even if I was in good enough shape. I dislocated my knee teeing off golfing a couple of weekends ago. Now I have to swing like a pussy just to make sure I don't hurt myself.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-07-23, 23:37

InTenSity wrote:

lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-07-24, 14:43

Take a dump like an apollo astronaut.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-07-24, 17:21

Cameron wrote:Take a dump like an apollo astronaut.
Random Ramblings - Page 16 502811600 Butt, what about wiping?

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20 ... 25  Next