Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania

+8
Dendrobates
GRR Spartan
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
aualum06
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania Empty Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-17, 12:22

Feel free to move when this gets swampy, but I don't consider this exclusively Bin material.

A recent grand jury investigation of secret archives held by the Catholic Church says there were likely "thousands" of victims.  Any Catholics here willing to discuss how, if at all, this changes your feelings about the Church?  For me, I couldn't be associated with an institution that has systematically covered up sexual abuse by priests for literally hundreds of years.  I think the entire church needs a new reformation.  The institution still refuses to address issues like celibacy and how that requirement plays into these issues.  

"As accusers wept behind him, Shapiro described alleged abuse by priests in six of the state’s eight dioceses, including a group of Pittsburgh clergymen accused of ordering an altar boy to strip naked and pose as Christ on the cross while they photographed him."

"Shapiro said that one priest had molested five sisters in one family, he said. The diocese settled with the family after requiring a confidentiality agreement, he said."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pennsylvania-religion-sexcrimes/pennsylvania-report-details-decades-of-sexual-abuse-by-priests-idUSKBN1KZ24X

Last edited by Rocinante on 2018-08-17, 12:27; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania Empty Re: Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 12:27

Shocking to hear this about religion.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania Empty Re: Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-17, 12:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Shocking to hear this about religion.

Let's be intellectually honest here, Bob. The Catholic Church is kind of in a league of its own when it comes to sexual abuse. It's not a "religion" thing, really.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 12:33

Rocinante wrote:

Let's be intellectually honest here, Bob. The Catholic Church is kind of in a league of its own when it comes to sexual abuse. It's not a "religion" thing, really.
well, yeah - the catholic church loves them some child sex abuse.

But religion, in general, is the root of evil in the world. All ya have to do is look around you and see who is perpetrating cruel acts on humanity.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-17, 12:44

They literally need a purge.

They should have done it a decade or more ago.

I'll try to find it - but read an article a week or so ago that this is the reason that Benedict stepped down. He wanted a purge but couldn't make it happen. The current pope instead spends his time on other bullshit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-17, 12:48

Ah...it was only a couple days ago. Obviously after reading this I agree with his idea of a deep purge.

Right there in my history - this is a grim story.

WALSH: There Must Be A Purge In The Catholic Church. And It Must Be Brutal.

In another case, a priest molested a boy over the course of two years, admitted to church officials that he'd been engaged in naked "horseplay" with the child, and yet was allowed to continue in ministry for seven more years.

In another case, a priest raped a little girl while he was visiting her in the hospital.

In another case, a priest forced a boy to give him oral sex and then washed the boy's mouth with holy water.

In another case, a priest molested a 12-year-old boy, admitted his crime to a church official, but the diocese ruled that the abuse wouldn't "necessarily be a horrendous trauma" to the victim.

I think Catholics have been tempted to believe that the scandals are behind us. Cardinal McCarrick and now this case in Pennsylvania show that this is nothing but wishful thinking. The cancer has not been fully removed. And the reluctance of most priests and bishops to come forward, even now, and speak passionately and publicly against these crimes, yet again shows that the problem is not in the past. The predators and the cowards who aid and abet them remain.

And names must be named. For every priest who raped a boy, there could well be at least one more priest who knew about it and remained silent. And those priests are almost as guilty as the rapist. Cowardice is a moral evil. And there has been quite a lot of that kind of evil — and many other kinds of evil — infecting the hierarchy of the Church. So all of the evildoers must be purged. Exposed. Shamed. Thrown out. Imprisoned. All of them. That is the only way forward now. There is no other way. And every Catholic who loves God and truth and justice must demand it
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-17, 12:49

Rocinante wrote:

This is Bob at his worst - nothing to add. Ignores the fact that atheists and agnostics commit horrific crimes too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 12:50

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

This is Bob at his worst - nothing to add. Ignores the fact that atheists and agnostics commit horrific crimes too.
you're welcome to your opinion.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-17, 12:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

This is Bob at his worst - nothing to add.   Ignores the fact that atheists and agnostics commit horrific crimes too.
Thank you for allowing me that privilege.

And atheists and agnostics can be just as fucking pious and self righteous as the religious.  For proof of theory on that - find a mirror.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 12:56

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

And atheists and agnostics can be just as fucking pious and self righteous as the religious.  For proof of theory on that - find a mirror.
you seem upset.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-08-17, 12:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

you seem upset.

And you are a prick and an asshole.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 12:59

aualum06 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: you seem upset.

Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania 502811600

(that genuinely made me laugh).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-08-17, 13:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Your act sucks, go away
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 13:02

aualum06 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Fresh allegations of cover up in the Catholic Church - Pennsylvania 502811600

Your act sucks, go away
you seem upset.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-08-17, 13:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Your act sucks, go away
you seem upset.

Not upset. Just tired of reading your useless shit.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 13:08

aualum06 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: you seem upset.

Not upset. Just tired of reading your useless shit.
I wouldn't pay much attention to me, if I were you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-17, 13:12

Now see, this is what I was expecting in the salmon are moving upstream early thread.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 13:29

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Now see, this is what I was expecting in the salmon are moving upstream early thread.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-17, 13:31

Moved because Robert couldn't keep his hands out of his pockets
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-17, 13:33

There should be a tool for the thread starter to be able to block certain users from commenting. This is something I'd really like to have a conversation about and can't because of stupidity.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-17, 13:43

Rocinante wrote:Feel free to move when this gets swampy, but I don't consider this exclusively Bin material.

A recent grand jury investigation of secret archives held by the Catholic Church says there were likely "thousands" of victims.  Any Catholics here willing to discuss how, if at all, this changes your feelings about the Church?  For me, I couldn't be associated with an institution that has systematically covered up sexual abuse by priests for literally hundreds of years.  I think the entire church needs a new reformation.  The institution still refuses to address issues like celibacy and how that requirement plays into these issues.  

"As accusers wept behind him, Shapiro described alleged abuse by priests in six of the state’s eight dioceses, including a group of Pittsburgh clergymen accused of ordering an altar boy to strip naked and pose as Christ on the cross while they photographed him."

"Shapiro said that one priest had molested five sisters in one family, he said. The diocese settled with the family after requiring a confidentiality agreement, he said."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pennsylvania-religion-sexcrimes/pennsylvania-report-details-decades-of-sexual-abuse-by-priests-idUSKBN1KZ24X

If those priests were imans how would America react?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 13:47

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Feel free to move when this gets swampy, but I don't consider this exclusively Bin material.

If those priests were imans how would America react?
"christians" would be outraged.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 13:47

Rocinante wrote:There should be a tool for the thread starter to be able to block certain users from commenting. This is something I'd really like to have a conversation about and can't because of stupidity.
That would be a good idea..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 13:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Moved because Robert couldn't keep his hands out of his pockets
just voiced my opinion.. then Goose and another dude started cursing at me.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-08-17, 13:49

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Moved because Robert couldn't keep his hands out of his pockets
just voiced my opinion.. then Goose and another dude started cursing at me.

And then you play the innocent victim. Like I say the act is old
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-08-17, 13:54

But but but

THE CHURCH IS PROLIFE !!!!!!
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-08-17, 13:55

GRR Spartan wrote:But but but

The church has a lot of issues they refuse to discuss
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 14:06

aualum06 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: just voiced my opinion.. then Goose and another dude started cursing at me.

just voiced my opinion on religion, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 14:08

GRR Spartan wrote:But but but

as you know, religious folks are as far from "pro life" as you can be.

There are a few exceptions, such as Helen Prejean. She's truly a remarkable woman.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-08-17, 15:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

just voiced my opinion on religion, dude.

Nope you played your asshole schitck of absolutes.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 15:22

aualum06 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: just voiced my opinion on religion, dude.

you're ruining the thread.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-08-17, 15:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

you're ruining the thread.

That was you asshole
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 15:51

aualum06 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: you're ruining the thread.  

That was you asshole
by giving my opinion on religion.. and then you and Goose start shouting obscenities at me?

okay.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-17, 15:53

The Catholic Church should allow priests to marry.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 15:56

DWags wrote:The Catholic Church should allow priests to marry.
agree.

It's a bizarre little code that they have, isn't it?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-08-17, 16:08

Yea I don’t understand this. Everything I’ve read in the past suggests that most everyone in the church agrees marriage should be allowed.

But onto the subject, I agree there should be a huge fucking purge to start things in the right direction.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-17, 16:11

Dendrobates wrote:

Yea I don’t understand this. Everything I’ve read in the past suggests that most everyone in the church agrees marriage should be allowed.

But onto the subject, I agree there should be a huge fucking purge to start things in the right direction.
so do pedophile gay dudes seek out the Catholic church and priesthood just to have access to little boys.. knowing that they'll get away with it??

I mean, that's all I can think of, right?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-17, 16:18

So we cant quote again on mobile?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-08-17, 16:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

so do pedophile gay dudes seek out the Catholic church and priesthood just to have access to little boys.. knowing that they'll get away with it??

I mean, that's all I can think of, right?

Maybe. I don’t know. Or it just becomes a major power trip the longer they’re in the priesthood and which makes them easy to corrupt.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-08-17, 16:24

DWags wrote:So we cant quote again on mobile?  

I can. That’s all I use anyway.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next