Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh.

+10
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. Empty For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:21 pm

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. Life_is_beautiful_16
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. Empty Re: For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh.

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:52 pm

LooseGoose wrote:For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. Life_is_beautiful_16
awesome.

yep - one week from today, the kid is moving in. Even though she'll be about a mile down the road, the house is gonna be awfully quiet.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. Empty Re: For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh.

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. Life_is_beautiful_16
awesome.

yep - one week from today, the kid is moving in. Even though she'll be about a mile down the road, the house is gonna be awfully quiet.

That's like the best possible outcome. Until she starts brings laundry home every Sunday. Seriously though, congrats!
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:17 pm

Yeah. This one hurts. Empty house. We held our breath about college choice. We were hoping she chose MSU. Let’s say she’s a bit of a free spirit and we wanted to have her big sister around to show her how to properly college. So we’re happy/sad. Eldest lived in my old dorm, youngest is gonna live in the wife’s old dorm.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:34 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: awesome.

That's like the best possible outcome. Until she starts brings laundry home every Sunday. Seriously though, congrats!
I'm sure we'll get the random "hey.. do ya'll plan on going to El Azteco any time this weekend.. and, if so, mind if I meet you there", text periodically - For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. 502811600 - I'm happy for her. She's gonna dig it. She met her roommate last week for the first time and they seem to have a lot in common, so that puts my mind at ease.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:34 pm

DWags wrote:Yeah. This one hurts. Empty house. We held our breath about college choice. We were hoping she chose MSU. Let’s say she’s a bit of a free spirit and we wanted to have her big sister around to show her how to properly college. So we’re happy/sad. Eldest lived in my old dorm, youngest is gonna live in the wife’s old dorm.
our daughter is gonna be kickin' it in Snyder.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:Yeah. This one hurts. Empty house. We held our breath about college choice. We were hoping she chose MSU. Let’s say she’s a bit of a free spirit and we wanted to have her big sister around to show her how to properly college. So we’re happy/sad. Eldest lived in my old dorm, youngest is gonna live in the wife’s old dorm.

Hubbard. Her roommates dad is helping with the move in I’m told which is surprising. I also hear he’s been sporting a state cap. Cool.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:41 pm

I will be the guy on the left a week from Tuesday for the youngest. I'm sure I'll close my eyes and all of a sudden I'll be the guy on the right like you guys. Y'all will probably be dead by then.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:44 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I will be the guy on the left a week from Tuesday for the youngest. I'm sure I'll close my eyes and all of a sudden I'll be the guy on the right like you guys. Y'all will probably be dead by then.

It does go by fast. Ima try to hang on till a grandkid Becomes a Spartan.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:49 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I will be the guy on the left a week from Tuesday for the youngest. I'm sure I'll close my eyes and all of a sudden I'll be the guy on the right like you guys. Y'all will probably be dead by then.
like DWags says.. and it's one of those things that I know parents get tired of hearing, but it really does fly by. Everyone tells you that but, man, you blink and it's like "what the heck just happened"?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:56 pm

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. Life_is_beautiful_16

Every time I look at that pic I think that kid looks big for kindergarten - but not so big as a college freshmen.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:00 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Hubbard.  Her roommates dad is helping with the move in I’m told which is surprising. I also hear he’s been sporting a state cap. Cool.

For living in Wonders I spent a fair amount of time in that neighborhood. Had 3 guys from my hometown in Akers and 2 sisters that I'd known from another town close to me in HS living in Hubbard. Ended up dating this Lene Lovich fangirl/clone from Hubbard - she ditched me when I shaved my beard. Didn't break my heart to ditch that walk across the tundra in the winter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:03 pm

I'm hoping not to be but supposing I will be. As Wags will tell you being closer to all of it - it's damned bittersweet. Soak it in so you have memories for your retirement on the lake.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Every time I look at that pic I think that kid looks big for kindergarten - but not so big as a college freshmen.

to his credit, Dad looks pretty much the same size. For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:09 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm hoping not to be but supposing I will be. As Wags will tell you being closer to all of it - it's damned bittersweet. Soak it in so you have memories for your retirement on the lake.

Truth.

WBH, I remember being pissed on a Friday night having to go to the football games and watch that program for six years Lise every game but a couple. Now, I’d like another fall. Watching them laugh and joke with friends, run up and kiss you after, ask for money, friends saying hi, little shit like that. I know the wife and I will probably walk up to a game. Won’t be the same. Take it all in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:57 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm hoping not to be but supposing I will be.   As Wags will tell you being closer to all of it - it's damned bittersweet.  Soak it in so you have memories for your retirement on the lake.

Truth.

WBH, I remember being pissed on a Friday night having to go to the football games and watch that program for six years Lise every game but a couple.  Now, I’d like another fall.  Watching them laugh and joke with friends, run up and kiss you after, ask for money,  friends saying hi, little shit like that.  I know the wife and I will probably walk up to a game.  Won’t be the same. Take it all in.
told my wife the other day that I probably won't go to any ELHS games.. just won't feel the same.

I was an emotional wreck at the end of our daughter's senior year. Between all of the various senior night stuff, banquets, baccalaureate, top scholar awards, convocation, then graduation, etc - I was an absolute mess. I probably cried at least once a day for two weeks. For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. 502811600

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

to his credit, Dad looks pretty much the same size. For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. 502811600

I think he's thinner.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:59 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:to his credit, Dad looks pretty much the same size. For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. 502811600

I think he's thinner.
I think you're right - he actually looks more fit... probably from all the ass-whuppin's he gave his kid. For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:05 pm

My daughter is a little over half way there. I don't really like reading about how hard it is to send them off to college.

Fuck the passage of time.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:16 pm

I lived in Hubbard myself dwags. It was cool. Didn’t bother learning them buses until it got cold, but otherwise it was fun.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:58 pm

So Dwags and Bobby daughters are roomies? How awesome is that?!?
Bobby, Dwags wants to know if he can crash at your house on home game days, is that cool? Do you mind if he smokes weed?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:11 pm

InTenSity wrote:So Dwags and Bobby daughters are roomies? How awesome is that?!?
Bobby, Dwags wants to know if he can crash at your house on home game days, is that cool? Do you mind if he smokes weed?

Em. No to both.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:14 pm

I’m gonna crash in the bushes next to the master bedroom window at Bobs house
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:19 pm

DWags wrote:
InTenSity wrote:So Dwags and Bobby daughters are roomies? How awesome is that?!?

Em. No to both.
You think they're going to make fun of you two for posting on a message board instead of something like Instagram or Pinterest? I'm pretty sure they're going to want to braid both of your guys hair.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:33 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m gonna crash in the bushes next to the master bedroom window at Bobs house

You’ll have to move my stuff.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:16 am

DWags wrote:

Em. No to both.
a lesser person would be offended by this rather abrupt decline if an invitation that was never even extended.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:19 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m gonna crash in the bushes next to the master bedroom window at Bobs house
it seems like a comfy area.. a thick layer of mulch with a luscious canopy from a deep burgundy smoke bush to protect you from the elements.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:41 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Em. No to both.
a lesser person would be offended by this rather abrupt decline if an invitation that was never even extended.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to most days. I just don’t think I could take the boss blasting in my ears when it’s 4th and one and the Spartans need a big stop.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:48 am

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. Back-To-School-Supplies
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: a lesser person would be offended by this rather abrupt decline if an invitation that was never even extended.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to most days. I just don’t think I could take the boss blasting in my ears when it’s 4th and one and the Spartans need a big stop.
we could probably reach a gentleman's agreement on such things.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:22 pm

Yo DWags.. you in EL for move in?

I think our kid is moving in tomorrow.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:43 pm

I know you guys have daughters, but what the hell. I’m going for tears outta grown men.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:44 pm

So my kid just started LCC. The kid has zero motivation, but had the grades and SAT to get into State if he wanted. (I feel like a bad alumni.)
I wish my kid was motivated enough to set his sights on a big school (and subsequently growing up to be a big boy).

Even with that though, the HS grad party picture board was difficult for me to fill out. All the old pics.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:47 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So my kid just started LCC. The kid has zero motivation, but had the grades and SAT to get into State if he wanted. (I feel like a bad alumni.)
I wish my kid was motivated enough to set his sights on a big school (and subsequently growing up to be a big boy).

Even with that though, the HS grad party picture board was difficult for me to fill out. All the old pics.

Ever think about a trade school? College courses can be the ultimate de motivator. Is that a word?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:52 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So my kid just started LCC. The kid has zero motivation, but had the grades and SAT to get into State if he wanted. (I feel like a bad alumni.)

Better to not waste major dollars if they don't want it
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:35 pm

aualum06 wrote:

This. The basics will transfer to a 4-yr school if that’s the direction your kid wants to go. If he wants to learn a trade, the CC is where he needs to be. LCC has classes for plumbers & pipe fitters, welders, nursing, etc.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:01 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I know you guys have daughters, but what the hell. I’m going for tears outta grown men.

carried some stuff to the car. Teared up - came inside, grabbed a Strohs and turned on AC/DC.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:02 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

This. The basics will transfer to a 4-yr school if that’s the direction your kid wants to go. If he wants to learn a trade, the CC is where he needs to be. LCC has classes for plumbers & pipe fitters, welders, nursing, etc.
this.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:03 pm

aualum06 wrote:

Agree with this. Everyone knows their kid the best. I cried when we left this morning. I’m just sweaty and tired now. She’s happy as hell, eager to dig into her major, and comfortable on a campus she knows very well. They will find their way just like we did. It all pretty much evens out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I know you guys have daughters, but what the hell. I’m going for tears outta grown men.

carried some stuff to the car. Teared up - came inside, grabbed a Strohs and turned on AC/DC.

For Bob, Wags and maybe others.....the time is drawing nigh. 502811600 I believe that’s called overcompensation.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next