Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I haven't watched morning TV in I can't remember......

+5
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Banks2Mason
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
9 posters

Go down

I haven't watched morning TV in I can't remember...... Empty I haven't watched morning TV in I can't remember......

Post by kingstonlake 2018-10-12, 09:49

So I'm visiting my parents and they have an endless loop of morning shows on TV every morning. Morning TV is big business. Marketed towards elderly. Geared to convince them they are lonely, sick, poor, inept, fat, malnourished, soon to die, have some sort of new infection or disease, need to buy something, etc. Complete trash TV.

End rant.

And in before Bob says America is a stupid country.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

I haven't watched morning TV in I can't remember...... Empty Re: I haven't watched morning TV in I can't remember......

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-10-12, 09:56

Worst thing (or right up there anyway) we ever did as a country is let big pharma advertise on TV aimed right at this audience and turn them/us into a nation of self-prescribing, self-diagnosing hypochondriacs.

End rant.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

I haven't watched morning TV in I can't remember...... Empty Re: I haven't watched morning TV in I can't remember......

Post by kingstonlake 2018-10-12, 10:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:Worst thing (or right up there anyway) we ever did as a country is let big pharma advertise on TV aimed right at this audience and turn them/us into a nation of self-prescribing, self-diagnosing hypochondriacs.

End rant.

BOOM
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2018-10-12, 10:43

kingstonlake wrote:So I'm visiting my parents and they have an endless loop of morning shows on TV every morning. Morning TV is big business. Marketed towards elderly. Geared to convince them they are lonely, sick, poor, inept, fat, malnourished, soon to die, have some sort of new infection or disease, need to buy something, etc. Complete trash TV.

End rant.

i'm sorry your parents are lonely, sick, poor, inept, fat, malnourished, and soon to die of a new infection or disease they caught while trying to buy something
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-12, 10:45

Neighbor asked me yesterday if I saw the network morning show interview of [doesnt matter who it was], and I just said I’d missed it. What I wanted to do was laugh out loud at the idea of watching that shlock. Morning shows are turrible, hosted by empty vessels showing off their plastic veneer personalities. But Kingston is right; that daypart gets a lot of eyes and makes a lot of money.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-10-12, 10:56

Banks2Mason wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:So I'm visiting my parents and they have an endless loop of morning shows on TV every morning. Morning TV is big business. Marketed towards elderly. Geared to convince them they are lonely, sick, poor, inept, fat, malnourished, soon to die, have some sort of new infection or disease, need to buy something, etc. Complete trash TV.

End rant.

i'm sorry your parents are lonely, sick, poor, inept, fat, malnourished, and soon to die of a new infection or disease they caught while trying to buy something

They aren't. Bored maybe......they take walks, travel, etc. but don't understand how they can watch that crap.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-10-12, 11:10

End rant.

this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-10-12, 11:41

Reminds me, a little different, but when I go home and my parents actually have the news on tv. Like abc nightly news or some shit. I’ve tried to tell them to stop watching that garbage but old people gonna old people.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-10-12, 12:03

What are your parents, like 50, otpt?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-10-12, 12:06

Little older than that. I’m the youngest/mistake.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-10-12, 12:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Reminds me, a little different, but when I go home and my parents actually have the news on tv. Like abc nightly news or some shit. I’ve tried to tell them to stop watching that garbage but old people gonna old people.
yeah - my Dad watches some morning show.. almost always covers hard hitting issues like reality TV shows and who wore what to the latest awards ceremony.

He then watches the nightly "news" - I've been down there a lot lately and he'll ask me "you wanna watch the news" - and I'll say "are you f**king kidding me - that garbage is what's wrong with the country"..

old people. Rolling Eyes

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-10-12, 14:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Reminds me, a little different, but when I go home and my parents actually have the news on tv. Like abc nightly news or some shit. I’ve tried to tell them to stop watching that garbage but old people gonna old people.

My favorite is my parents telling me they want to wait for the weather....uhhhhh you're holding something your pocket that can tell you the weather at any time and anywhere in the world - you don't need to watch the news for that
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-10-12, 14:36

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

My favorite is my parents telling me they want to wait for the weather....uhhhhh you're holding something your pocket that can tell you the weather at any time and anywhere in the world - you don't need to watch the news for that

Same with sports scores and who won the game.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-10-12, 18:02

But but but if you don’t watch local sports you’re going to miss Tim Staudt and those three minute stories on Okemos golf and Lansing Christian volleyball! I haven't watched morning TV in I can't remember...... 4177874726
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-10-12, 18:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Same with sports scores and who won the game.

OMG don't get me started. Every morning I get the update from the night before on everything sports related, Hands me the local paper sports section like I want to read it, lol. I walk in the room and he tells me "Bostons got guys on 1st and third, nobody out". Thanks dad, not watching, football is on.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-10-12, 18:35

I haven't watched morning TV in I can't remember...... 502811600 glad I could strike a nerve.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-10-12, 18:41

Floyd Robertson wrote: I haven't watched morning TV in I can't remember...... 502811600 glad I could strike a nerve.

LOL
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2018-10-12, 20:15

No, but afternoon TV is great. Maury and Judge Mathis FTW!
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-10-12, 23:12

y2kMgrad wrote:No, but afternoon TV is great. Maury and Judge Mathis FTW!

I haven't watched morning TV in I can't remember...... Giphy
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down