Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Credit where credit is due

+14
By-Tor
aualum06
MiamiSpartan
pulling69
Nordic
steveschneider
Death Roe
Dendrobates
Bill Cain
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
kingstonlake
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Credit where credit is due Empty Credit where credit is due

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-13, 22:02

I've been critical of some hot takers and I don't mean this as an I told you so by any means. But man, our staff hit this one out of the park. Even the failed fake...texting with buddies....we were all like yeah, that was balls, that was solid, can't fault them. Coach D knows the mentality and attitude of the team. He also knows the health status of the team, and he knows when to push the pedal down.

I cannot believe we won this game. We were severely undermanned and we nailed it somehow, despite BL having a not very good outing. If we can get some guys back next week....giddy up. This was fun.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Credit where credit is due Empty Re: Credit where credit is due

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-10-13, 22:05

Best D of the year. I also thought maybe best of BL this year

Loved the fake even with a miss. Honestly wished if it came down to a kick that we would run the same damn play...but even better that FD3 called his own play deep to win
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-10-13, 22:08

I'm not as bullish on BL as some for this game but they nutted up. Didn't fold like I halfway thought they might this game.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-13, 22:10

Oh, also, I wanted to say. The 4 power right runs from the 1? If you cursed Dave Warner for that while it was happening turn in your Spartan card.

Because it worked (eventually)? No.

Because if you don't recognize that that was a directive from Coach Huge Balls Dantonio, you don't follow MSU football very closely.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-13, 22:12

kingstonlake wrote:I'm not as bullish on BL as some for this game but they nutted up. Didn't fold like I halfway thought they might this game.

BL was pretty terrible today. I suspect a lot of it has to do with the attrition around him, especially on the OL. But I'm very happy for him and I hope he will settle in as we get healthy bodies back online.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-10-13, 22:12

I’m on board. I gave up on this squad. They didn’t. It’s why I’m pretty much a dick and these guys aren’t. Humbled.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-10-13, 22:14

Went for a walk at halftime. Thought to myself "how in the hell is MSU only down 7".. figured Penn State would probably win by 3+ TD's.

I was wrong. Major props to Spartan Dawgs - that was a quintessential MSU win under Dantonio.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-13, 22:15

DWags wrote:I’m on board. I gave up on this squad. They didn’t. It’s why I’m pretty much a dick and these guys aren’t. Humbled.

Oh I gave up on them too bro. Texted my buddies earlier today that the o/u for PSU points was 53.5. Told my buddy who is helping me coach hoops that if he was a gambling man he should put a lot of coin on PSU.

Hella credit to this team and staff. And they gonna be ready for next week.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-10-13, 22:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:I’m on board. I gave up on this squad. They didn’t. It’s why I’m pretty much a dick and these guys aren’t.  Humbled.

Oh I gave up on them too bro. Texted my buddies earlier today that the o/u for PSU points was 53.5. Told my buddy who is helping me coach hoops that if he was a gambling man he should put a lot of coin on PSU.

Hella credit to this team and staff. And they gonna be ready for next week.

although I don't want to say gave up....thirded

Saw the line @ 13.5 and thought to myself I'd be shocked if we keep it within 17
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-13, 22:24

Shit I put $20 on PSU -6.5 2h. Partially for a jinx, but I believed it, too.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-10-13, 22:50

Well, we were told by a certain spartan fan on 97.1 that he was told by two very well connected people that they quit last week. That they don't believe in their assistants.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-10-13, 22:51

Are we supposed to just ignore what happened the previous 5 weeks just because of the results of one game? Nothing changed. The offensive line is still mediocre, the offense continues to have a hard time moving the ball, and Dantonio is still loyal to a fault about firing his assistants. He’s all about creating that perfect “family” atmosphere.

No reasonable man expected it. But I’m not counting on this team to win out. This is a team that can beat OSU at the horseshoe and then lose the following week to Purdue at home. Sabans 1998 beat the #1 Ohio State team at the horseshoe but finished the season 6-6.

This team has holes and only a fool would believe that in one week Dantonio fixed it. Frustrating team to watch

Nonetheless Great win
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-10-13, 22:59

MSU had numerous dropped passes. That is concerning.

I am hoping this win brings the team some confidence, mixed in with passion. We've all noticed this years team has been lacking in their motivation/passion. I hope this carries on to next week. The chip needs to stay. I hope MSU is not ranked. I dont think they deserve it, even if there is a good argument for them. They need that chip/motivation. All that matters is winning next week, ans getting coach D another top 10 win.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-10-13, 23:00

No. Put all of it together and form an opinion Bill. One that nobody gives a shit about.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2018-10-13, 23:03

Hey Bill, go play in traffic, pal. You represent the scum of this fan base.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-10-13, 23:11

Amazing win and I hope we kick some Wolverine ass.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-10-13, 23:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Oh, also, I wanted to say. The 4 power right runs from the 1? If you cursed Dave Warner for that while it was happening turn in your Spartan card.

Because if you don't recognize that that was a directive from Coach Huge Balls Dantonio, you don't follow MSU football very closely.

This.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2018-10-13, 23:34

scUM players(and coach) are acting very, very high on themselves after bearing a very suspect Badger team. Have we seen this formula before?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-10-13, 23:34

We rushed and passed for more yards than OSU did against PSU. PSU's D is good. This was a very solid offensive game from us.

Defensively, we shut down the best QB in the B10. Allowed 17 points to their high powered offense. 14 of which came on two, very uncharacteristic plays by our D. 3 points total in the second half. Dominant.

Is everything fixed? No, but it is progress. The holes were created by injuries. It is not at all unreasonable for the replacements (and the replacements' replacements...and the replacements' replacements' replacements) to take a few games to get up to speed. Chambers last week and this week (hope is thumb is better next week, but I dont think he came in again after the INT). And how about Larisse Fucking Nelson? Dude had about 45 yards on the final drive (9-10 yard punt return, 20+ yard catch and 10+ yard catch).

We are still without our best RB, best FB, 2nd best WR, 3rd best WR, 4th best WR, maybe 5th best WR, two of our best OL, and our best CB. Today we saw growth in all of those areas. Time will tell if it was actual growth or just things falling right at the right time.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-13, 23:34

The good thing about having a small, close knit board is that I know whose posts I should pay attention to and whose posts I should scroll past without reading.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-13, 23:38

MiamiSpartan wrote:We rushed and passed for more yards than OSU did against PSU. PSU's D is good. This was a very solid offensive game from us.

Defensively, we shut down the best QB in the B10. Allowed 17 points to their high powered offense. 14 of which came on two, very uncharacteristic plays by our D. 3 points total in the second half. Dominant.

Is everything fixed? No, but it is progress. The holes were created by injuries. It is not at all unreasonable for the replacements (and the replacements' replacements...and the replacements' replacements' replacements) to take a few games to get up to speed. Chambers last week and this week (hope is thumb is better next week, but I dont think he came in again after the INT). And how about Larisse Fucking Nelson? Dude had about 45 yards on the final drive (9-10 yard punt return, 20+ yard catch and 10+ yard catch).

We are still without our best RB, best FB, 2nd best WR, 3rd best WR, 4th best WR, maybe 5th best WR, two of our best OL, and our best CB. Today we saw growth in all of those areas. Time will tell if it was actual growth or just things falling right at the right time.

A lotta troof here. I did not think it was a great gave by Lewerke but I have conceded over the past few weeks that it is tough to judge him given all of the chaos around him in terms of injuries to his OL, WRs, RBs, etc. Happy feet is an easy byproduct. I, um, frankly....think that there's more to it than that, but from all I know, he's a great kid, with a lot of talent and I'm hoping that's all that it is. (I know nothing, for real....just surprised at what seems to be a step back)
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-10-13, 23:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Oh, also, I wanted to say. The 4 power right runs from the 1? If you cursed Dave Warner for that while it was happening turn in your Spartan card.

Was it 4? I thought it was 3? Thought the penalty they all bitched about was on 2nd down - so the next play TD would have been 3rd down anyways even though they tried to say the penalty helped keep the drive going
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-10-13, 23:52

2 runs qb sneak with a penalty and scored on fun 4
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2018-10-13, 23:56

Lwereke had a nice run or 2 for once this year. Do you think we will see more of that? I loved that about him with his improvisation. But all the other games he was conservative.

Protect the QB is a must. But if they stick to broken plays what else can they do ?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-10-13, 23:59

This.
Bill Cain wrote:Are we supposed to just ignore what happened the previous 5 weeks just because of the results of one game? Nothing changed. The offensive line is still mediocre, the offense continues to have a hard time moving the ball, and Dantonio is still loyal to a fault about firing his assistants. He’s all about creating that perfect “family” atmosphere.

No reasonable man expected it. But I’m not counting on this team to win out. This is a team that can beat OSU at the horseshoe and then lose the following week to Purdue at home. Sabans 1998 beat the #1 Ohio State team at the horseshoe but finished the season 6-6.

This team has holes and only a fool would believe that in one week Dantonio fixed it. Frustrating team to watch

Nonetheless Great win

Rolling Eyes Nothing was fixed. And we sure as hell aren't winning out. The OL is a mess. We are a MASH unit. We have numerous issues. But today...just like many days over the last 10 years...Dantonio's stubborness yeilded a W against the odds.

Be frustrated with that all you want. We played the same exact way in our losses to NW and ASU. We played the same way in our Rose Bowl and 3-9 year. We've played the same way in every Top 10 win (most of any coach?) and mind bottling loss. We've played the same way every year Dantonio has been our coach. And...hot take time...we will play the same exact way till he retires.

Scream at the clouds or enjoy the ride.

Credit where credit is due 4113017228 BTW you need to do better at sticking to your schtick script. A 25-year old wouldn't reference the OSU win/Purdue loss.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-10-14, 00:32

Come on, Nordic, this is a 25 year old that wakes up in the middle of the night thinking about Demetrius Underwood. His 5 year old self would get so frustrated at that team.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-10-14, 00:40

MiamiSpartan wrote:Come on, Nordic, this is a 25 year old that wakes up in the middle of the night thinking about Demetrius Underwood. His 5 year old self would get so frustrated at that team.

True true
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-10-14, 00:43

I’m a realist usually. Will overreact at times, whatever. Know this team is not great and piecing it together on O with guys even recruiting dorks have never heard of . But it’s laughable that anyone would rather have another coach besides MD leading. Like Nordy said, we all knew it was MD calling those runs from the goal line in the first half and he would’ve done it for 15 straight times if he had to. That’s why we love him and anyone who calls for a change is a fucking buffoon.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-10-14, 00:48

I’m 24 years old actually. I like to study history in all of its forms, and that includes sports
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-10-14, 00:56

What does this years or any Dantonio team have to do with Sabans 98 team?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2018-10-14, 01:06

Both Saban and Dantonio are disciples of the Belichick coaching philosophy, which emphasizes running the football while having a stout defense to keep games close. Dantonio was a coach under saban in 98. Wisdom will always follow you wherever you travel. Saban had an impact of Dantonio. There’s no doubt about it. Only a dolt would suggest otherwise. Both teams had/have lots of raw talent and showed glimpses of success on the football field but weren’t able to show it consistently. A loss to ASU and Northwestern followed by a win at an evening game at happy valley against a top ten opponent is blatant inconsistency.

This year will be a paradigm to the Saban era.

I’m off to bed
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-10-14, 07:41

Bill Cain wrote:Both Saban and Dantonio are disciples of the Belichick coaching philosophy, which emphasizes running the football while having a stout defense to keep games close. Dantonio was a coach under saban in 98. Wisdom will always follow you wherever you travel. Saban had an impact of Dantonio. There’s no doubt about it. Only a dolt would suggest otherwise. Both teams had/have lots of raw talent and showed glimpses of success on the football field but weren’t able to show it consistently. A loss to ASU and Northwestern followed by  a win at an evening game at happy valley against a top ten opponent is blatant inconsistency.

This year will be a paradigm to the Saban era.

I’m off to bed

Are you sad that last night didn't signal the end of MSU football? Would life be better for you if everyone were miserable?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-10-14, 08:35

Nordic wrote:

This.
Bill Cain wrote:Are we supposed to just ignore what happened the previous 5 weeks just because of the results of one game? Nothing changed. The offensive line is still mediocre, the offense continues to have a hard time moving the ball, and Dantonio is still loyal to a fault about firing his assistants. He’s all about creating that perfect “family” atmosphere.

Nonetheless Great win

Rolling Eyes Nothing was fixed. And we sure as hell aren't winning out. The OL is a mess. We are a MASH unit. We have numerous issues. But today...just like many days over the last 10 years...Dantonio's stubborness yeilded a W against the odds.  

Be frustrated with that all you want. We played the same exact way in our losses to NW and ASU. We played the same way in our Rose Bowl and 3-9 year. We've played the same way in every Top 10 win (most of any coach?) and mind bottling loss. We've played the same way every year Dantonio has been our coach. And...hot take time...we will play the same exact way till he retires.

Scream at the clouds or enjoy the ride.

Credit where credit is due 4113017228 BTW you need to do better at sticking to your schtick script. A 25-year old wouldn't reference the OSU win/Purdue loss.

Lol. I remember miser nuking his other schticks. sparty11 and tacosalad maybe?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-10-14, 09:04

I just don't understand the desire to make up an online persona that is a completely different age than what you really are. Why even bother if you're not any good at pulling it off? Weird.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-10-14, 09:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The good thing about having a small, close knit board is that I know whose posts I should pay attention to and whose posts I should scroll past without reading.
Thanks for reading :)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-14, 09:47

One other thing. It was so vintage stubborn Coach D and it "worked" but man. Never in a million years would I have put that final kickoff in play with Hamler back there. I guess that's why he's Coach Big Balls and I'm sitting in my basement posting on tSwill.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-10-14, 11:10

aualum06 wrote:2 runs qb sneak with a penalty and scored on fun 4

ahh yes the sneak

Loved that Jefferson was in there - hopefully good reminder/practice on how to properly hold the ball for this coming week
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2018-10-14, 12:54

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:One other thing. It was so vintage stubborn Coach D and it "worked" but man. Never in a million years would I have put that final kickoff in play with Hamler back there. I guess that's why he's Coach Big Balls and I'm sitting in my basement posting on tSwill.
Talked about that last night with the group I was with. By kicking it to the 1 the run back burned off 6 seconds I believe. One less play for them to run. A Hail Mary from our 40 instead of their 40 is a big diff. I was pretty surprised they didn’t fair catch it. Was also surprised they didn’t run a quick slant or an out with six secs left to get 10 yards closer.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2018-10-14, 14:28

Positive take-aways from last night:

Defense played great, we got good pressure on McSorely and our secondary played well in coverage even when they did have time to throw.

Our back-ups, and back-ups' back-ups played their hearts out and the team didn't give up.

Loved the first fake, Coach D has huge balls as always.

Felton Davis III is superhuman.

Where we struggled last night:

OL still can't give Lewerke much time to throw and we can't really run the ball up the middle reliably.

Lewerke was inaccurate all night, partially due to pressure but he missed some easy throws too, thankfully FDIII bails him out repeatedly.

Poor tackling gave up a couple of big run plays but other than that the D played excellent.

Didn't like the 2nd fake. I'm fine with playing to win there, but they were in protection formation after our first fake. We should have just straight up gone for it with a legit play.

Warner's play calling is still mind boggling sometimes. How many times does Lewerke have to throw the ball in the dirt before he stops rolling him out to his left so much? It's no surprise that the game winning TD came from a play that FDIII and Lewerke decided on in the huddle.

All in all, I love the grit we showed last night and it was a great win that should shut up all of the whiners bitching about Coach D. GO GREEN
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-10-14, 14:44

Rake, Warner called the last play. All Felton did was pre-determine which of his two options he was going to do.

I also think it was Lewerke's most accurate game of the year. Sure, he missed a few passes, but his completion percentage is skewed by drops and break ups (admittedly, probably poor decision making throwing into too tight of windows some times).

The OL did fine, also their best of the season. We put up more yards on the ground than OSU did against PSU, and Lewerke had more time than he has against far worse defensive fronts, especially at the end.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next