Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Credit where credit is due

+14
By-Tor
aualum06
MiamiSpartan
pulling69
Nordic
steveschneider
Death Roe
Dendrobates
Bill Cain
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
kingstonlake
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Credit where credit is due - Page 2 Empty Re: Credit where credit is due

Post by kingstonlake 2018-10-14, 15:09

MiamiSpartan wrote:Rake, Warner called the last play.  All Felton did was pre-determine which of his two options he was going to do.

I also think it was Lewerke's most accurate game of the year.  Sure, he missed a few passes, but his completion percentage is skewed by drops and break ups (admittedly, probably poor decision making throwing into too tight of windows some times).

The OL did fine, also their best of the season.  We put up more yards on the ground than OSU did against PSU, and Lewerke had more time than he has against far worse defensive fronts, especially at the end.

If you're completing passes for a 8 yd average you better be at 60% completion rate, minimum.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-10-14, 17:33

He'd have been at 60% if not for the drops, and your post also ignores the incompletions that were accurate, but broken up.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-14, 17:42

Comp said he counted 7 balls that were catchable and dropped. That would have put him at 63%.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-10-14, 17:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Comp said he counted 7 balls that were catchable and dropped. That would have put him at 63%.

Which is probably a bare minimum for an 8 yard average. He played better. Guess I'm looking for 60% + and a 12-15 yard average. Drops hurt no doubt. By my count he also threw 3 balls that somehow weren't picked.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-14, 18:06

Yeah, he definitely had some misses. Not as egregious in this game as in the NW or IU games imo. In the IU game, I counted something like 7 of his first 9 passes were very, very bad. Against NU, he had a number of bad misses and some very bad "makes" where he threw behind guys or stopped their momentum with poor ball placement. I did not think he was nearly that bad yesterday - it was more the other guys. But then again I was drinking. Would like to rewatch.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-10-14, 19:04

Kingston, where are you getting these numbers?
259 over 24 completions is a 10+ YPCompletion average.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-10-14, 19:24

Clarett's Folly wrote:Kingston, where are you getting these numbers?
259 over 24 completions is a 10+ YPCompletion average.

You're right. If you add the drops it brings the avg down but you have to add the yards as well. Right around 10yds per completion. He's 8th in the league in YPA @ 7.1 he was @ 4.9 for the game vs PSU.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-10-14, 22:09

Having his most accurate game doesn't mean it was his best game numbers wise. I felt it was pretty obvious that his accuracy (regardless of whether or was caught) was better than other games. He wasnt badly missing receivers nearly as frequently.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-10-14, 22:41

Stats are for losers
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-10-15, 00:33

Bill Cain wrote:Both Saban and Dantonio are disciples of the Belichick coaching philosophy, which emphasizes running the football while having a stout defense to keep games close. Dantonio was a coach under saban in 98. Wisdom will always follow you wherever you travel. Saban had an impact of Dantonio. There’s no doubt about it. Only a dolt would suggest otherwise. Both teams had/have lots of raw talent and showed glimpses of success on the football field but weren’t able to show it consistently. A loss to ASU and Northwestern followed by  a win at an evening game at happy valley against a top ten opponent is blatant inconsistency.

This year will be a paradigm to the Saban era.

I’m off to bed

Actually the opposite. As a student of history, you will know that we consistently play with fire just about every game. Every once in a while we will lay or receive an ass whooping, but generally our games are always is doubt till the end. Remember the Rose Bowl year? I believe we won every game by two scores except the last one, but that was us largely due to Langford busting a dagger late 4th qtr TD (those were fun BTW).

You are young. Still lots to learn. Hopefully someday you'll be able to apply all your history learning to the real world.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2