Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+30
SawGreen
Travis of the Cosmos
tTito
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
By-Tor
Senior Dickfist
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
TheReal_LWS
Bill Cain
Tek Jansen
CORNER BLITZ
34 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread Empty tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:53 pm

The Simpsons is so timeless. And at the same time, and probably redundant, but they were so far ahead of their times. My son has taken a liking to this show and it's forced me to rewatch a lot of the older stuff. He doesn't get 75% of it, so I'm fine with him watching, but man, there is some serious LOL stuff in there. 

S8:E7 or so tonight when Nelson and Lisa have a little fling. Jimbo, Curly, etc catch Nelson kissing Lisa. Jimbo: "You were kissing a GIRL! That's so gay!!"

I mean that's at least 18 years ago. So goddamned funny.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:03 am

Not to hijack but speaking of timeless - got curb your enthusiasm on.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:02 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The Simpsons is so timeless. And at the same time, and probably redundant, but they were so far ahead of their times. My son has taken a liking to this show and it's forced me to rewatch a lot of the older stuff. He doesn't get 75% of it, so I'm fine with him watching, but man, there is some serious LOL stuff in there. 

S8:E7 or so tonight when Nelson and Lisa have a little fling. Jimbo, Curly, etc catch Nelson kissing Lisa. Jimbo: "You were kissing a GIRL! That's so gay!!"

The first 10 seasons are some of the best tv ever made.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:03 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Not to hijack but speaking of timeless - got curb your enthusiasm on.

I like that show better than Seinfeld.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:03 am

steveschneider wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The Simpsons is so timeless. And at the same time, and probably redundant, but they were so far ahead of their times. My son has taken a liking to this show and it's forced me to rewatch a lot of the older stuff. He doesn't get 75% of it, so I'm fine with him watching, but man, there is some serious LOL stuff in there. 

The first 10 seasons are some of the best tv ever made.

That's right around when I stopped watching. They have to be near 30 seasons now. Crazy. Have they ever done an episode about what they would look like today if the characters actually aged in the show?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:07 am

I skipped like seasons 12-18. I came back when my kids aged into it. I'm still back. They make 22 eps a year and of that you get 2 or 3 that are as good as anything in the golden years and that's enough for me to keep watching.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:56 am

GRR Spartan wrote:Ultraviolet on Netflix. Polish series with subtitles

If you are interested in The Premier League, Amazon Prime has All or Nothing about Manchester City's soccer club that's very good
How much time did they spend talking about the human rights abuses of the brutal and torturous dictatorship that owns the club as a PR tool to distract from their atrocities? Just curious.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:06 pm

I watched the first episode of Black Sails. Jesus that was boring. Does it get better?

Tits and a big black bush can only take you so far.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:48 pm

Rocinante wrote:I watched the first episode of Black Sails.  Jesus that was boring.  Does it get better?

Season 1 kinda sucks. Sorry. It gets a lot better in season 2.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:53 pm

Rocinante wrote:I watched the first episode of Black Sails. Jesus that was boring. Does it get better?

Pretty far though
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:09 pm

Rocinante wrote:Tits and a big black bush can only take you so far.

Many would disagree with you on this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:50 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Tits and a big black bush can only take you so far.

Many would disagree with you on this.

I know. We should discuss this as a board a lot more. tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread 3434560931
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:55 pm

They were hot, don't get me wrong, but I watch GOT, so, it's been done.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:18 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I watched the first episode of Black Sails.  Jesus that was boring.  Does it get better?

Yeah, maybe it was that I didn't really see where it was headed all that much in Season 1, but as I remember it, I found the development of the plot and characters in Season 2 and onward better. If I go back and watch Season 1, it probably sets up the other seasons more in retrospect than I recognized at the time.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:59 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Yeah, maybe it was that I didn't really see where it was headed all that much in Season 1, but as I remember it, I found the development of the plot and characters in Season 2 and onward better. If I go back and watch Season 1, it probably sets up the other seasons more in retrospect than I recognized at the time.

I'm only a 3-4 episodes into season 2 and so far the thing I like is the flashbacks to Flint's earlier career.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:48 pm

The Shop. HBO. Umm... This is good. Not a huge LeBron guy but respect.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:38 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The Shop. HBO. Umm... This is good. Not a huge LeBron guy but respect.

Solid.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:43 pm

I don't if I should put this in the football thread or here, but the Alabama training camp show is pretty solid. You watch that and watch the Michigan version on Netflix and it is pretty clear which coach is a elite and which one is not. I could listen to Saban at practice all day. But man is he a dick to the media.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:48 pm

Nordic wrote:I don't if I should put this in the football thread or here, but the Alabama training camp show is pretty solid. You watch that and watch the Michigan version on Netflix and it is pretty clear which coach is a elite and which one is not. I could listen to Saban at practice all day. But man is he a dick to the media.
Wouldn't it be great to be a fly on the wall to understand what happened here under Nick vs. how it went down there? I mean I think we all have ideas but the evolution is....staggering.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:23 am

[tw]1034980267205816321[/tw]
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:15 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Nordic wrote:I don't if I should put this in the football thread or here, but the Alabama training camp show is pretty solid. You watch that and watch the Michigan version on Netflix and it is pretty clear which coach is a elite and which one is not. I could listen to Saban at practice all day. But man is he a dick to the media.
Wouldn't it be great to be a fly on the wall to understand what happened here under Nick vs. how it went down there? I mean I think we all have ideas but the evolution is....staggering.

I don't fault Nick for leaving. It's obvious that he learned how to be a big time college head coach at MSU. He was a 7-5 / 6-6 guy who finally got his pieces in place and out from that bullshit probation for the 99 season. He could see that there was not going to be the monetary support and the force of will at MSU to continue as head coach and reach his goals. So he bailed.

We then wandered in the wilderness for 7 years until we lucked into the greatest coach MSU has had since Biggie Munn. Combine that with a historic collapse of the Michigan program and a renewed commitment to winning at MSU and we are were we're at today.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:01 am

Ozark.

Good shit.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:48 am

I watched Jack Ryan, E1 tonight. I thought it was pretty good. Certainly not ground breaking, but entertaining.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I watched Jack Ryan, E1 tonight. I thought it was pretty good. Certainly not ground breaking, but entertaining.

Can't get past Jim from The Office as Ryan
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:03 am

Yeah there's something to that. I gave up on the office probably 12 years ago and didn't follow it through the finale so I'm not sure I have the same connection. 

In other news....BCS. I thought this week's episode was really solid. I thought last week's episode was...all right...I'll fall victim to it....too slow. I enjoy the slow burn of this series. But last week....nothing fucking happened. Always entertaining to see Odenkirk going full Slippin Jimmy but that was just a time waster. If we're going to have massive time wasters at least let them involve Mike checking and embarrassing fools.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:51 am

Thought BCS has improved in recent episodes - I'm not sure why they have such pacing issues in the early episodes.

I think the writers were/are really enamored with the becoming of Saul. Unfortunately it's not that interesting at a snail's pace

The Mike stories grab you but personally the Gus shot bores me since I know how it ends
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:46 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I watched Jack Ryan, E1 tonight. I thought it was pretty good. Certainly not ground breaking, but entertaining.
Just finished the series this morning. I liked it quite a bit, but I'm admittedly a huge Tom Clancy blowar. Not that he had any involvement from beyond the grave (though he was still listed as an executive producer), but I mean that have an affinity for his "universe". The main characters that are known from the books (Jack, Cathy, and Greer...possibly some others that weren't really identified) were changed to varying degrees from their status and roles in the books. But the fact that this wasn't based on a book, and I knew that going in, made that easier to accept.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Has anyone watched Legion? I watched the first episode and part of the second and... eeeeehhhhhhh... I'm not sure.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tek Jansen Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Rocinante wrote:Has anyone watched Legion? I watched the first episode and part of the second and... eeeeehhhhhhh... I'm not sure.

It's definitely a trip and I needed Wikipedia to help me understand what's going on, but it gets a little clearer until it doesn't. The first season is quite good, but I haven't had a chance to jump into season 2 yet - it's on the list.

Overall, great performances and very interesting story construction - but it's not like other shows where you can half watch/half play on your phone, gotta be dialed in to figure it out.
Tek Jansen
Tek Jansen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:46 am

Just about finished with the 2nd season of Ozark. Fucking intense. Every time the phone rings something more horrible has happened.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:30 am

They made a second season of American Vandal. Different actors and different school but pretty much the same premise as the 1st season. Still pretty funny so far. I'm about 3 or 4 episodes in.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:37 am

The Amazing World of Gumball might be my favorite show ever.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:39 am

We watched "The Voices" on Netflix last night. It stars Ryan Reynolds as a semi-psychotic young man who becomes a serial killer after his dog and cat start talking to him.

It was so fucked up and weird. I don't know how this movie was made. It was awful.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:51 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Just about finished with the 2nd season of Ozark. Fucking intense. Every time the phone rings something more horrible has happened.
Yeah, that was good. Seems like most characters could be killed off in any given scene.

The women of that show are psycho.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Finally watched the last episode of The Looming Tower. Very intense and frustrating.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:14 am

Started Shape of Water
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:57 pm

Saw White Boy Rick last week. Pretty decent.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Death Roe wrote:Saw White Boy Rick last week. Pretty decent.

Really looking forward to seeing that. Might actually have to see it in the theater.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:01 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Saw White Boy Rick last week. Pretty decent.

Really looking forward to seeing that. Might actually have to see it in the theater.

The kid who played Rick was really good, first movie I believe. He had a little twang to his accent, really sounded ghetto and Southern. McConaughey was awesome as usual.

The story is fucking insane.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:12 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:They made a second season of American Vandal. Different actors and different school but pretty much the same premise as the 1st season. Still pretty funny so far. I'm about 3 or 4 episodes in.

I’ve seen the first three eps so far. Season one was funnier, but this is pretty funny.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next