tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Cameron on 2019-08-01, 19:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Controversial opinion alert, but I think that film is overrated.

#teamCameron

Get ready to flip flop, because I've never even seen Reservoir Dogs.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Cameron on 2019-08-01, 19:20

steveschneider wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

#teamCameron

I’m on team Cameron too!

You most certainly are not. Team Cameron has a strict "No Steves Allowed" policy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2019-08-02, 08:06

Just saw the teaser for the new Nolan film, “Tenet.”

I haven’t been this pumped for a Nolan film in a long time!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2019-08-02, 08:32

Cameron wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

#teamCameron

I'll take a never seen it over a it's overrated any day. Team Cameron until further notice.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-08-02, 08:35

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I’m on team Cameron too!

You most certainly are not. Team Cameron has a strict "No Steves Allowed" policy.

I’m self loathing and hopping on the wagon. Team Cameron everybody!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-08-02, 08:36

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I'll take a never seen it over a it's overrated any day. Team Cameron until further notice.

Probably rated right, I just found it meh.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron on 2019-08-02, 09:16

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 19 Giphy

GTFO, steve.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-08-02, 09:18

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 19 Giphy

GTFO, steve.

Please, let me know if there’s anything I can do to join. I thought hating myself would qualify me for the team.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2019-08-02, 09:45

Death Roe wrote:Just saw the teaser for the new Nolan film, “Tenet.”

And by a long time, you mean since his last movie? I know you're a bit of a fan of his to say the least.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-08-02, 10:57

Reservoir Dogs is dated, but if you watch it in the context of it’s time and the state of movies at the time, it is almost revolutionary in American cinema. So much copying of Tarantino styles since then.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-08-02, 11:02

Rocinante wrote:Reservoir Dogs is dated, but if you watch it in the context of it’s time and the state of movies at the time, it is almost revolutionary in American cinema. So much copying of Tarantino styles since then.

I think my main thing was I saw Pulp Fiction first and it blew my mind. Saw it in the theater out by the Meridian Mall and loved it so much I went and saw it again. Was fired up beyond belief to see it and everyone had already spoiled the big scene with the ear. I was expecting so much it just didn't have the same impact for me as Pulp Fiction.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2019-08-02, 11:06

#TeamNolan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2019-08-02, 12:38

MiamiSpartan wrote:

And by a long time, you mean since his last movie? I know you're a bit of a fan of his to say the least.

I am a Nolanite, but I wasn’t super hyped for Dunkirk. It’s a great movie, but not one you really want to sit down and watch randomly.

Tenet looks like old school Nolan. It feels really close to Inception.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-08-02, 13:48

steveschneider wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Reservoir Dogs is dated, but if you watch it in the context of it’s time and the state of movies at the time, it is almost revolutionary in American cinema. So much copying of Tarantino styles since then.

I think my main thing was I saw Pulp Fiction first and it blew my mind. Saw it in the theater out by the Meridian Mall and loved it so much I went and saw it again. Was fired up beyond belief to see it and everyone had already spoiled the big scene with the ear. I was expecting so much it just didn't have the same impact for me as Pulp Fiction.

Agree. And I saw PF first also and was blown away. But he didn’t have the budget for RD that he had for PF.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-08-02, 13:48

Death Roe wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I am a Nolanite, but I wasn’t super hyped for Dunkirk. It’s a great movie, but not one you really want to sit down and watch randomly.

I love you bro, but inception is dumb.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan on 2019-08-02, 18:50

Death Roe wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I guess it is for me, but it is about one of my favorite events in history.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-08-02, 21:09

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Agree. And I saw PF first also and was blown away. But he didn’t have the budget for RD that he had for PF.

If I had to rank em I'd go Pulp Fiction, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and then Resevoir Dogs. That opener in Inglorious Bastards is so good but it lost me after that.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2019-08-02, 21:40

Rocinante wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

I’d go into your dreams and kick you in the taint.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags on 2019-08-02, 22:13

DR did I miss your review of once upon a night in Hollywood
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-08-02, 22:48

Death Roe wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I’d go into your dreams and kick you in the taint.

I’ve been dream trained to ejaculate if anyone does that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2019-08-02, 23:34

DWags wrote:DR did I miss your review of once upon a night in Hollywood

I’ll give my full thoughts tomorrow for you. Great movie.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-08-02, 23:46

Dwags just go see it. Avoid the trailers and the input. I went to the new theater in town paid for the reclining heated seat and paid the criminal prices for pop corn and it was worth every penny.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2019-08-05, 23:07

Mind hunter. So far so good only 2 eps in. Interesting stuff.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2019-08-05, 23:08

Rocinante wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

You are dumb.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante on 2019-08-05, 23:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

You are dumb.

You don’t really think that. Someone who went into your dreams made you think you think that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2019-08-05, 23:59

Rocinante wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

You are dumb.

You don’t really think that. Someone who went into your dreams made you think you think that.

lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-08-06, 02:00

Stumbled onto a movie called In the Valley of Elah (2007) about halfway through. Liked it enough that I found another start time and recorded the entire thing. Charlize Theron and Tommy Lee Jones work on trying to find out the real reason Jones’ son died. A lot of familiar faces playing smaller roles. Frances Fisher had some nice looking tits for a then 54-year-old. The whole thing had a Coen Brothers film feel to it, although not as good. The ending wasn’t as good as the rest of the movie, but still good.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-08-06, 08:03

tGreenWay wrote:Stumbled onto a movie called In the Valley of Elah (2007) about halfway through. Liked it enough that I found another start time and recorded the entire thing. Charlize Theron and Tommy Lee Jones work on trying to find out the real reason Jones’ son died. A lot of familiar faces playing smaller roles. Frances Fisher had some nice looking tits for a then 54-year-old. The whole thing had a Coen Brothers film feel to it, although not as good. The ending wasn’t as good as the rest of the movie, but still good.

I saw the Swimming Pool and thought it was hilarious when Charlotte Rampling showed off her tits in that film she was old but I think she was making a statement.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-08-07, 09:34

Great NYT oped on the new Tarantino film.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/06/opinion/quentin-tarantino.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

Full of spoilers. One thing I strongly agree with film blows away digital. Visually This film really stands out in the sterile cg digital world.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson on 2019-08-07, 09:48

I watched this 2018 Gerard Butler film "The Vanishing" on one of the streaming sites last weekend. Based on a true story of some missing lighthouse keepers in 1900. Very loosely, that is. It was not very good. I mean, 5.8 on IMDb so I should have known, but still.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! on 2019-08-07, 13:36

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Mind hunter. So far so good only 2 eps in. Interesting stuff.

The dude that plays Ed Kemper makes the show. Most, if not all of these guys were actual serial killers too. Some of the Kemper dialog came right from this interview.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-08-15, 22:52

Blinded By the Light. I kind of want to see it, even though Bob is pretty annoying and I don't care about Springsteen. Looks pretty damn interesting.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-08-17, 01:45

Somehow I just discovered Comedians in cars getting coffee. I'm not gonna watch all of these but some of them are amazing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe on 2019-08-17, 09:34

Mindhunter season two on Netflix. Already 1/3 done, such a great show.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-08-17, 10:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Somehow I just discovered Comedians in cars getting coffee. I'm not gonna watch all of these but some of them are amazing.

That’s my approach to that show...I only watch a handful of the ones with people I like. Some of them hit it out of the park.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-08-17, 12:05

The Kevin Hart one was good. Chappelle was good. Eddie Murphy was really weird and quiet and reserved at first and then he opened up and was hysterical the 2nd half. Politics aside, I want to hang with B.O., he is one cool dude. George Wallace had me rolling. I watched Ferrell, but it wasn't as good as I thought it might be. Still want to watch Letterman and a few others.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider on 2019-08-17, 12:56

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The Kevin Hart one was good. Chappelle was good. Eddie Murphy was really weird and quiet and reserved at first and then he opened up and was hysterical the 2nd half. Politics aside, I want to hang with B.O., he is one cool dude. George Wallace had me rolling. I watched Ferrell, but it wasn't as good as I thought it might be. Still want to watch Letterman and a few others.

Letterman, Larry David, Michael kramer, Carl Reiner and I can’t remember if the Mel Brooks one was good or not but the others I listed are great. I think there’s a don rickles one too.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-08-18, 01:51

Jim Carrey is completely insane.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-08-18, 02:29

I lied about Ferrell. I thought I watched it but I hadn't. Just watched now. Crying laughing. Funniest one yet.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-08-18, 02:50

I just watched the Stern episode. I think it reinforces my opinions about him. He's certainly interesting. He makes for good content. But man he got aggressive for no reason. He's very insecure. The funniest people are the ones who can let go of this. No that Howard is doing anything wrong...but this fit was not right. His medium is where he belongs.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum