Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games?

+9
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
MJ
Snake Plissken
Giant Moose
Phil McCrackin
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
CrazySparty
13 posters

Go down

When do you leave MSU Football Games? Do you...

POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Vote_lcap50%POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 16 ]
POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Vote_lcap38%POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 12 ]
POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Vote_lcap3%POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Vote_lcap0%POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Vote_lcap9%POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 32

POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Empty POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games?

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-27, 14:47

Penn State has been getting some love today for selling out all 21,000 student section tickets. This reminded me of certain posters bashing MSU students for leaving football games early, which got me thinking... How early(if at all) do you leave MSU football games? Students or non-students, what say you?

Obviously, some people prefer to leave early because of a long trip home, others just want to beat traffic, etc. So feel free to provide the reasoning, but how early do you leave MSU football games?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Empty Re: POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games?

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-27, 14:51

POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? 3742235224 
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games? Empty Re: POLL: How early do you leave MSU Football Games?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-06-27, 14:56

If it's 55-7 in the 4th quarter against Youngstown State, I'm leaving and going to continue my buzz elsewhere.

Can't wait for all the "#1 fans" in this thread to come out.

Last edited by Other Teams Pursuing That on 2014-06-27, 14:56; edited 1 time in total
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-06-27, 14:56

I've never understood the whole "gotta beat traffic" thing with sporting events.
You paid a lot of money to go to a game. Why not enjoy it until the end? Is going home really that much better?

I remember several OSU fans around us leaving halfway through the 4th quarter of the B1GCG last year after MSU went up by 3 points. The game was still very close and OSU was about to get the ball back.

They had apparently seen enough and were ready to head back to their hotels. WTF?

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2014-06-27, 14:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If it's 55-7 in the 4th quarter against Youngstown State, I'm leaving and going to continue my buzz elsewhere.

I don't claim to be a better fan than anyone else, but I'd stay for the end of a 55-7 blowout against Youngstown State unless it was raining or below 20 degrees. I can drink beer anytime, I only get to go to a few MSU football games each year.

Can't wait for you to argue with me about this.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-06-27, 14:59

I am a Spartan. I only leave early if they throw me out for being belligerently drunk.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-27, 14:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If it's 55-7 in the 4th quarter against Youngstown State, I'm leaving and going to continue my buzz elsewhere.

I lean this way as well. For the most part, if it's a blowout, I'm leaving midway through the 4th

Exceptions to the rule are games like 29-6 over UM
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-27, 15:05

Phil McCrackin wrote:I've never understood the whole "gotta beat traffic" thing with sporting events.
You paid a lot of money to go to a game. Why not enjoy it until the end? Is going home really that much better?

If you're a student, and "home" is a 10 minute walk away, the game is a blowout, then yes, I would say it is
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-06-27, 15:13

Phil McCrackin wrote:

I don't claim to be a better fan than anyone else, but I'd stay for the end of a 55-7 blowout against Youngstown State unless it was raining or below 20 degrees. I can drink beer anytime, I only get to go to a few MSU football games each year.

Nothing really to argue about, just personal preference I guess. I would rather and go hang out with friends and drink somewhere than watch the 3rd stringers give up a meaningless field goal in the 4th quarter.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2014-06-27, 18:32

Phil McCrackin wrote:I've never understood the whole "gotta beat traffic" thing with sporting events.

Phil McCrackin wrote:

Sure sounds like you're claiming that. I'm not saying I leave early but it's my money so why should you care?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-06-27, 20:09

Sat through the monsoon last year during WMU, never left my seats. My seats are really close to an exit, so I usually stay until its over take a couple steps and I'm down a ramp.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-06-27, 20:22

I leave whenever I feel like it. Depends on the game, my mood, who I'm with.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-06-27, 20:56

MJ wrote:Sat through the monsoon last year during WMU, never left my seats.   My seats are really close to an exit, so I usually stay until its over take a couple steps and I'm down a ramp.

I stuck around for the game because I was heading home with my family afterwards(Labor Day weekend). Had I not been leaving campus, I probably would've left
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-06-27, 21:00

I think the only game I left abnormally early was the 2008 tOSU game, and that was halftime.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-06-27, 21:08

Never leave, and stay through Shadows.  I think the pendulum has swung.  If you hang out and chill, the traffic isn't that bad.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-06-27, 22:13

SawGreen wrote:Never leave, and stay through Shadows.  I think the pendulum has swung.  If you hang out and chill, the traffic isn't that bad.

Have to hang out after the game, at least an hour at the post game tailgate and getting out is a breeze after that.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-06-28, 02:57

Only left early once. I was with my mom, who hates football and I was 11. We were killing Minnesota that day and it was raining like hell. She stuck it out for three quarters and then we had to pack it in.

Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-06-28, 07:12

This question wasn't asked on tcock. You have a higher percentage of normal people here. So the answers all seem reasonable. I left with ten minutes left after the nd game when crapwell was the qb. It was obvious to me then the kid couldn't lead this team.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-06-28, 08:04

I'll stay to the end on a blowout. A lot of times some cool or funny shit still happens, like a lineman getting a chance to come in for a play to run the ball, someone who's been "the glue" guy but not played much will get something drawn up for him, etc, shit like that.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down