Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Put Nu Finish On My Windows, I Gone?

+3
CheesySpartan
Turtleneck
Izzo Court
7 posters

Go down

I Put Nu Finish On My Windows, I Gone? Empty I Put Nu Finish On My Windows, I Gone?

Post by Izzo Court June 28th 2014, 9:29 pm

Fukc you Rain Ex and your monopoly of rain whisking products. OT season is super fun.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I Put Nu Finish On My Windows, I Gone? Empty Re: I Put Nu Finish On My Windows, I Gone?

Post by Turtleneck June 28th 2014, 10:29 pm

It attracts bears.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I Put Nu Finish On My Windows, I Gone? Empty Re: I Put Nu Finish On My Windows, I Gone?

Post by CheesySpartan June 28th 2014, 11:32 pm

Turtleneck wrote:It attracts bears.

"Did you know dogs and bears can smell NuFinish?"
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 June 29th 2014, 1:31 am

This stuff? Not the best or worst thing you could use, more towards the bad end though.

I Put Nu Finish On My Windows, I Gone? 41oPMSYadwL._SY355_
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court June 29th 2014, 8:01 am

pulling69 wrote:This stuff? Not the best or worst thing you could use, more towards the bad end though.

I Put Nu Finish On My Windows, I Gone? 41oPMSYadwL._SY355_
That's what I thought since there are so many new synthetic waxes. I like the Turtle Wax Ice synthetic paste wax, but Consumer Reports rated Nu Finish one of the best waxes/polishes so I picked it up. It gives a little higher shine and water beads up a little more.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior June 29th 2014, 9:13 am

I'm a bit of a detailing nut and there's no real problem using wax on your windshield if you let it fully harden. However, your wipers will probably smear it. No big deal though. If you don't like having that stuff on your windshield, you can use Dawn dish soap (the blue Dawn) to wash it all off. I use Dawn to strip all the wax off my car when I'm doing my annual paint correction work, or when I want to get down to the raw paint to clay bar.

So, for those of you who use dish soap to wash your car, it will completely strip the wax from it, and Dawn is absolutely the best wax stripper out there.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin June 30th 2014, 10:15 am

Code_Warrior wrote:I'm a bit of a detailing nut and there's no real problem using wax on your windshield if you let it fully harden.  However, your wipers will probably smear it.  No big deal though.  If you don't like having that stuff on your windshield, you can use Dawn dish soap (the blue Dawn) to wash it all off.  I use Dawn to strip all the wax off my car when I'm doing my annual paint correction work, or when I want to get down to the raw paint to clay bar.

So, for those of you who use dish soap to wash your car, it will completely strip the wax from it, and Dawn is absolutely the best wax stripper out there.

Pics of stripper named Dawn please, preferably after waxing.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan June 30th 2014, 2:56 pm

Code_Warrior wrote:I'm a bit of a detailing nut and there's no real problem using wax on your windshield if you let it fully harden.  However, your wipers will probably smear it.  No big deal though.  If you don't like having that stuff on your windshield, you can use Dawn dish soap (the blue Dawn) to wash it all off.  I use Dawn to strip all the wax off my car when I'm doing my annual paint correction work, or when I want to get down to the raw paint to clay bar.

So not to completely derail this thread, but what kind of polishes do the detailing nuts like these days? I'm definitely not a detailing nut, but I like taking care of my cars and will perform a good detailing once a month. I have always used Zaino, but that stuff was the "in" product like 15 years ago. I'm assuming there's probably something better out there now?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 June 30th 2014, 3:03 pm

I am a big fan of acrylic paint sealant(I use the stuff we have at work that is used on corporate jets)...It isn't cheap and not something you can just pick up at AutoZone. That said, there are cheaper options available at AutoZone. It'll last a lot longer and offer better protection than a normal wax.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin June 30th 2014, 3:18 pm

TravelinMan wrote:

So not to completely derail this thread, but what kind of polishes do the detailing nuts like these days?  I'm definitely not a detailing nut, but I like taking care of my cars and will perform a good detailing once a month.  I have always used Zaino, but that stuff was the "in" product like 15 years ago.  I'm assuming there's probably something better out there now?

I like Meguires or Mothers products.
Clay bar, polish, wax. All different things with different purposes.
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down