Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They found that girl from Wisc. alive

+9
The Pantry
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

They found that girl from Wisc. alive Empty They found that girl from Wisc. alive

Post by kingstonlake Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:02 pm

I'd have given you a .00056% chance she was still alive.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/01/10/missing-wisconsin-teenager-jayme-closs-found-alive-suspect-in-custody/

According to the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Jayme was located alive in Gordon, Wisconsin, at 4:43 p.m. on Thursday, and a suspect was taken into custody in Gordon at 4:54 p.m.

Closs disappeared on Oct. 15, 2018, the same day her parents — James, 56, and Denise, 46 — were found shot to death inside their Barron home.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

They found that girl from Wisc. alive Empty Re: They found that girl from Wisc. alive

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:27 am

Never heard of this story but it's good news.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

They found that girl from Wisc. alive Empty Re: They found that girl from Wisc. alive

Post by DWags Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:32 am

Wow! That’s great news
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:30 am

Jayme Closs suspect wasn’t home when she escaped, ‘appeared to be out looking for her,’ authorities say as details of kidnapping emerge

Neighbor who came to Jayme Closs' aid: 'We were armed and ready' for suspect to come looking

GORDON, Wisconsin – When Jayme Closs showed up at their doorstep, the Kasinskas family sprung into action, taking two steps before most anything else. They called 911. And they grabbed their firearms, in case the kidnapped teen's abductor was in pursuit.

Kristin Kasiskas told Fox News that she and her husband immediately recognized the 13-year-old Wisconsin girl whose October kidnapping captivated the nation when a neighbor, Jeanne Nutter, frantically knocked on their door at 4 p.m. on Thursday.

“When our neighbor Jeanne came in with Jayme, she said: ‘Get a gun. We don’t know if he’s after us,’” Kasinskas said. “So we were armed and ready in case this person showed up.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:46 am

I'm just happy she escaped and got to police . Wasn't looking for pro gun boner. scratch
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:13 am

kingstonlake wrote:I'm just happy she escaped and got to police . Wasn't looking for pro gun boner. scratch

But did you know those people had guns?

I mean...that's what's important in the whole saga.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:15 pm

It obviously seemed important to the reporter(s). Those private citizens were willing to defend the girl from a man that had already killed at least 2 people. Mock them, mock the story all you will but at that point in time I'll bet they were happy to have a gun in their hands until the police arrived.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:18 pm

LooseGoose wrote:It obviously seemed important to the reporter(s).   Those private citizens were willing to defend the girl from a man that had already killed at least 2 people.   Mock them, mock the story all you will but at that point in time I'll bet they were happy to have a gun in their hands until the police arrived.

It's a Fox News story you twit. Of course they're going to talk about guns. I'm not reading the rest of that bullshit. Did they mention that brown people were coming to ruin America too?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:30 pm

This is why we can't have nice things. There was nothing overtly political about the articles Goose posted.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:31 pm

Cameron wrote:This is why we can't have nice things. There was nothing overtly political about the articles Goose posted.
Hard disagree. But regardless people could have just ignored the loon.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Considering he shot the door off with a shotgun and killed both her parents when he abducted her, I don't see how arming oneself in anticipation that he might come looking for her is really a politicized act. And if that is a factual retelling of the account, I don't see how reporting it in that way is politicized either. The article didn't really editorialize about it, in my estimation. If you disagree, quote a sentence or two.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Cameron wrote:Considering he shot the door off with a shotgun and killed both her parents when he abducted her, I don't see how arming oneself in anticipation that he might come looking for her is really a politicized act. And if that is a factual retelling of the account, I don't see how reporting it in that way is politicized either. The article didn't really editorialize about it, in my estimation. If you disagree, quote a sentence or two.
I don’t think the question is really about the several moments that the other family spent with the girl while there may or may not have been a guy looking for her before police arrived. 

In fact, that’s so far down the list of important details here that it’s probably like in 15th place. The fact that we’re talking about a family maybe protecting her with a gun for like 10 minutes is sheer politicization of the situation and is pathetic.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:49 pm

Miraculous recovery of young girl,  They found that girl from Wisc. alive 2599972566
They mentioned guns because psycho murderer on the loose?  They found that girl from Wisc. alive 1550444538
Focus on the facts  people
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:53 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:Miraculous recovery of young girl,  They found that girl from Wisc. alive 2599972566
They mentioned guns because psycho murderer on the loose?  They found that girl from Wisc. alive 1550444538
Focus on the facts  people
They mentioned guns in the headline because that’s the message they tried to drive to you lame brained idiots.

Reality is that having a gun there or not is 100% irrelevant to the story.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:54 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Cameron wrote:Considering he shot the door off with a shotgun and killed both her parents when he abducted her, I don't see how arming oneself in anticipation that he might come looking for her is really a politicized act. And if that is a factual retelling of the account, I don't see how reporting it in that way is politicized either. The article didn't really editorialize about it, in my estimation. If you disagree, quote a sentence or two.
I don’t think the question is really about the several moments that the other family spent with the girl while there may or may not have been a guy looking for her before police arrived. 

In fact, that’s so far down the list of important details here that it’s probably like in 15th place. The fact that we’re talking about a family maybe protecting her with a gun for like 10 minutes is sheer politicization of the situation and is pathetic.

Alright, we're clearly not gonna see eye to eye on this one. It was a story about what happened when the girl was found, and what happened was the lady who found her took her to a house and told the people to get a gun because they didn't know if the abductor was looking for them. Fox News mostly doesn't deserve to be referred to as journalism, but I don't have a problem with the way this story was written. Apparently mentioning guns at all counts as overtly political to some, but I'm not quite there yet.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:56 pm

Cameron wrote:

Alright, we're clearly not gonna see eye to eye on this one. It was a story about what happened when the girl was found, and what happened was the lady who found her took her to a house and told the people to get a gun because they didn't know if the abductor was looking for them. Fox News mostly doesn't deserve to be referred to as journalism, but I don't have a problem with the way this story was written. Apparently mentioning guns at all counts as overtly political to some, but I'm not quite there yet.
They took her to a house and waited like 4 minutes for police to arrive. The gun really doesn’t need to come into play.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Also, if you really really insist on talking about guns in this story, then the issue to focus on is how a crazy person had access to guns and killed two random people he didn’t know and kidnapped a 13 year old girl in the first place.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:26 pm

It's not often that Travis is right this often in a thread guys. soak it it. Just kidding Travis, lol. He's 100% accurate there was a clear angle in the headline and it's importance was so far down the list. But, people will bite. And I agree, the real story is if he LEGALLY had the guns and the danger he then provided to the community.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:48 pm

So the position that KL and ToC are taking is that the reporter should have ignored the witness reporting what they did.   Ignore the story of what happened so nobody gets triggered by the mention of big evil guns.   I read the stories this morning, remember this thread and linked them here.   KL decided to get his panties in a wad over what seems to be an accurate account of what happened.    Enjoy your freak out.

Kristin Kasiskas told Fox News that she and her husband immediately recognized the 13-year-old Wisconsin girl whose October kidnapping captivated the nation when a neighbor, Jeanne Nutter, frantically knocked on their door at 4 p.m. on Thursday.

“When our neighbor Jeanne came in with Jayme, she said: ‘Get a gun. We don’t know if he’s after us,’” Kasinskas said. “So we were armed and ready in case this person showed up.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:49 pm

That's a DIRECT FUCKING QUOTE not something Fox made up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:49 pm

What was the headline of the story Goose?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:57 pm

I guess "Patterson lived in our neighborhood and we never knew" doesn't have the same boner effect as WE WERE ARMED AND READY!!

And for the record she gained her freedom without using a weapon. But it doesn't have the same effect as WE WERE READY FOR WAR.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:11 pm

LooseGoose wrote:That's a DIRECT FUCKING QUOTE not something Fox made up.  
I bet there are a lot more than one direct fucking quotes when they interviewed that person. They chose one.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:28 pm

LooseGoose wrote:That's a DIRECT FUCKING QUOTE not something Fox made up.  
I bet there are a lot more than one direct fucking quotes when they interviewed that person. They chose one.

I won't debate that, reporters do it all the time.

My point was that in replies here "FoxNews!" was being invoked as if they made something up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:35 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

I won't debate that, reporters do it all the time.  

My point was that in replies here "FoxNews!" was being invoked as if they made something up.  
Oh goose. Oh goosey goosey goose. When people talk about Fox News they aren’t typically suggesting that they are making up quotes. For as much as you pay attention to this stuff you simply MUST understand that. Maybe not though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 pm

Cameron wrote:This is why we can't have nice things. There was nothing overtly political about the articles Goose posted.
Exactly. Mad libs will always be mad. Free elections will never be the same in this country. Their ever-present media writes bullshit stories everyday trying to smear conservatives. God-forbid any mad lib would be happy about a true story written about a positive outcome that involved Americans protecting themselves under rights of the Second Amendment.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:27 pm

They found that girl from Wisc. alive 1966794946
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:30 pm

LooseGoose wrote:So the position that KL and ToC are taking is that the reporter should have ignored the witness reporting what they did.   Ignore the story of what happened so nobody gets triggered by the mention of big evil guns.   I read the stories this morning, remember this thread and linked them here.   KL decided to get his panties in a wad over what seems to be an accurate account of what happened.    Enjoy your freak out.

Exactly the reason why it’s great to have the second amendment. Nothing wrong with gun ownership. That’s never been the debate. Of course rational people realize that. Unfortunately the wackos on the fringes will print and highlight that while the other side will poo poo it.

Too bad.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:39 pm

And of course when he was arrested he was in his car searching the neighborhood for her.   That's one of those times it would be nice to have a gun in your hand rather than your dick.

A story from his hearing today:
Jayme Closs' alleged kidnapper charged, has bail set at $5 million

What's strange is that he told her he'd be gone for 5-6 hours....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:42 pm

LooseGoose wrote:It obviously seemed important to the reporter(s). Those private citizens were willing to defend the girl from a man that had already killed at least 2 people. Mock them, mock the story all you will but at that point in time I'll bet they were happy to have a gun in their hands until the police arrived.

They found that girl from Wisc. alive 502811600

You're so full of shit. The most important thing in your post was mentioning they had guns. Not that the girl was found.

Nice try.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:44 pm

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:It obviously seemed important to the reporter(s). Those private citizens were willing to defend the girl from a man that had already killed at least 2 people. Mock them, mock the story all you will but at that point in time I'll bet they were happy to have a gun in their hands until the police arrived.

You're so full of shit. The most important thing in your post was mentioning they had guns. Not that the girl was found.

Nice try.

And now OTPT can chime in with how I try to start fights.

You on the other hand can go fuck yourself, you're a miserable little boil on the ass of life.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:47 pm

LooseGoose wrote:And of course when he was arrested he was in his car searching the neighborhood for her.   That's one of those times it would be nice to have a gun in your hand rather than your dick.

So...this isn't political, right? They found that girl from Wisc. alive 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:49 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Nice try.

And now OTPT can chime in with how I try to start fights.

You on the other hand can go fuck yourself, you're a miserable little boil on the ass of life.

Sorry for calling out your bullshit.

You even had a couple of people fall for it. They found that girl from Wisc. alive 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:55 pm

This thread is going well. They found that girl from Wisc. alive 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:07 pm

I bet the knuckle-draggers really wish this guy was brown..

Maybe we should build a wall around the processed meat stix section at Wal Mart to protect Americans from rapists and murderers..?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:11 pm

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:And of course when he was arrested he was in his car searching the neighborhood for her.   That's one of those times it would be nice to have a gun in your hand rather than your dick.

So...this isn't political, right? They found that girl from Wisc. alive 502811600

For you it seems to be. It's a sad way to go through life. But luckily Bob will be there next to you displaying his superior morality and intellect with his original "knuckle-dragger" and "brown" thoughts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:13 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

For you it seems to be. It's a sad way to go through life. But luckily Bob will be there next to you displaying his superior morality and intellect with his original "knuckle-dragger" and "brown" thoughts.

So...you're NOT making this about gun control? That wasn't your intent?

Try not to lie...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Exactly. Mad libs will always be mad. Free elections will never be the same in this country. Their ever-present media writes bullshit stories everyday trying to smear conservatives. God-forbid any mad lib would be happy about a true story written about a positive outcome that involved Americans protecting themselves under rights of the Second Amendment.

The headline for the story was literally about something that didn't happen. Not that she was found, not how she was found, not her condition, not how she escaped, not how she felt. It was about guns man. GUNS. This young girl found her way to freedom. Found a way out of her hell on her own. And the thing fox wanted to use to draw attention to the story was sensationalizing the potential of a gun battle that never happened. Honestly I would never have noticed is Goose hadn't highlighted it and dropped the headline on us lol. But I'm glad we know the Patriot had a gun. I'd say maybe we need to work on finding a way assholes like him don't get to own them, but I'm more interested in her story to be honest.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:19 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

just my opinions, dude.

I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings that I think the knuckle-draggers were salivating at the idea of the perpetrator being brown... and hopefully {gasp} "illegal".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:22 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Exactly.  Mad libs will always be mad.  Free elections will never be the same in this country.  Their ever-present media writes bullshit stories everyday trying to smear conservatives.  God-forbid any mad lib would be happy about a true story written about a positive outcome that involved Americans protecting themselves under rights of the Second Amendment.

The headline for the story was literally about something that didn't happen. Not that she was found, not how she was found, not her condition, not how she escaped, not how she felt. It was about guns man. GUNS. This young girl found her way to freedom. Found a way out of her hell on her own. And the thing fox wanted to use to draw attention to the story was sensationalizing the potential of a gun battle that never happened. Honestly I would never have noticed is Goose hadn't highlighted it and dropped the headline on us lol. But I'm glad we know the Patriot had a gun. I'd say maybe we need to work on finding a way assholes like him don't get to own them, but I'm more interested in her story to be honest.

Specifically what part of the two headlines I posted didn't happen??

Jayme Closs suspect wasn’t home when she escaped, ‘appeared to be out looking for her,’ authorities say as details of kidnapping emerge

Neighbor who came to Jayme Closs' aid: 'We were armed and ready' for suspect to come looking

The suspect wasn't home - True.
She escaped - True.
He was out looking for her - True.
Details were emerging - True.
Neighbor came to her aid - True.
Neighbors were armed and ready - True.

You're calling bullshit - please point it out??

Last edited by LooseGoose on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next