College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Go down

College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by DWags on 2019-01-12, 09:24

Lol. In the state of Washington mile69 was constantly stolen. Same with 420. So they’ve changed them.

69- 420- I’m sure 311. What other sign needs to be changed so it’s not stolen for a dorm room or kids bedroom
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31317
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 57
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-01-12, 10:07

I still have the Beal St sign hanging in my basement. We lived in that house for 3 years. The week before we moved out I took some liberties in the neighborhood as a farewell.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22520
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-01-12, 10:30

Harbor Springs bike trail here. Bob, wanna make an offer?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10432
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by Cameron on 2019-01-12, 11:37

Any High St anywhere.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 4735
Join date : 2014-04-16
Age : 30
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-01-12, 11:45

Cameron wrote:Any High St anywhere.

Use to rent a house on High St. in my younger years, lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10432
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by DWags on 2019-01-12, 12:59

The big beaver exit 69 is the Holy Grail of stolen road signs.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31317
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 57
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by steveschneider on 2019-01-12, 15:24

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I still have the Beal St sign hanging in my basement. We lived in that house for 3 years. The week before we moved out I took some liberties in the neighborhood as a farewell.

Did you ever throw a kegger in the 90s? If so very good chance I was there drinking.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18481
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher on 2019-01-12, 16:34

Yes. Many of them. Would have been '96 - '99. We were not one of the first few houses off of Michigan Ave that used to have the multi-house block party keggers. We were about halfway between Michigan and GR on the East side of the street. I can't remember if we had the house for 1 or 2 good Welcome Weeks before the gestapo started cracking down. After that all of our keggers were garbage bags over the windows type. We used to order the big PPV boxing fights and charge $3 for a cup or $6 for cup and fight combo.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 22520
Join date : 2014-04-20
Location : Welcome to the Revolution

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by Robert J Sakimano on 2019-01-12, 16:49

kingstonlake wrote:Harbor Springs bike trail here. Bob, wanna make an offer?


pretty funny - my roommate and I had 2-3 signs up in our living room in undergrad. We were so cliche.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 32766
Join date : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-01-12, 17:11

Even now, I’ll see a sign I think is pretty cool and I’ll want to take it. I don’t, but I want to.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30813
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-01-12, 17:12

Plus, most signs suck these days. Those old timey embossed signs were the shit.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30813
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by Senior Dickfist on 2019-01-12, 18:16

DWags wrote:The big beaver exit 69 is the Holy Grail of stolen road signs.

My thoughts, exactly!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Posts : 1193
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 98
Location : The Zoo

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-01-12, 18:25

tGreenWay wrote:Plus, most signs suck these days. Those old time carved in cave walls were the shit.

FIFY
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10432
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-01-12, 18:26

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Plus, most signs suck these days. Those old time carved in cave walls were the shit.

FIFY

True, but those were difficult to steal and a bitch to carry home, especially after I started walking upright.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30813
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-01-12, 18:29

IIRC, there was a newspaper article 20+ years ago saying signs changed to 69 from I-69 for the same reason. Some things don’t change, except perhaps how the government responds to the issue.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30813
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by kingstonlake on 2019-01-12, 18:32

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

FIFY

True, but those were difficult to steal and a bitch to carry home, especially after I started walking upright.

I could see that being a problem. The stone wheels on the wheel barrow probably weren't much help.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10432
Join date : 2014-05-15
Age : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-01-12, 18:39

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

True, but those were difficult to steal and a bitch to carry home, especially after I started walking upright.

I could see that being a problem. The stone wheels on the wheel barrow probably weren't much help.

No kidding, especially since our mechanic, Grok, hadn’t figured out they’d move easier as circles, not squares.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30813
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by The Pantry on 2019-01-12, 20:20

Never stole a road sign but did come across a 55 mph speed limit sign in the woods Up North. Took it back downstate and nailed it inside the back wall of my parents garage. Sold the house after my mom passed 20 years ago. Sorta wondering if that sign is still there.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10927
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by InTenSity on 2019-01-12, 20:46

The Pantry wrote:Never stole a road sign but did come across a 55 mph speed limit sign in the woods Up North. Took it back downstate and nailed it inside the back wall of my parents garage. Sold the house after my mom passed 20 years ago. Sorta wondering if that sign is still there.
Why were you in Clare?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 12601
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : Kendall

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by DWags on 2019-01-12, 20:49

InTenSity wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Never stole a road sign but did come across a 55 mph speed limit sign in the woods Up North. Took it back downstate and nailed it inside the back wall of my parents garage. Sold the house after my mom passed 20 years ago. Sorta wondering if that sign is still there.
Why were you in Clare?

It's where "up north" starts.

.




.

.

;

.

.
.



.
..
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

..

.
.
..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


to idiots.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31317
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 57
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by aualum06 on 2019-01-12, 20:51

DWags wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Why were you in Clare?

It's where "up north" starts.

.




.

.

;

.

.
.



.
..
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

..

.
.
..

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


to idiots.

Yeah everyone knows mt pleasant is north
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Posts : 6797
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 34
Location : Ashley, MI

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-01-12, 21:16

Best thing I ever had was stolen by the guy who previously lived in my room. He somehow managed to swipe an MSU National championship banner, but was moving abroad and couldn’t take it with him. We had it over the bar for a couple months, then my dumbass roommate put it on the wall facing a heavily trafficked EL street. Despite being on the third floor, an ELPD officer noticed the banner and claimed it as stolen property. Wish I’d known the laws better back when I was 20, but NBD, the banner was back where it belonged, despite having already been replaced.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30813
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by DWags on 2019-01-12, 21:22

tGreenWay wrote:Best thing I ever had was stolen by the guy who previously lived in my room. He somehow managed to swipe an MSU National championship banner, but was moving abroad and couldn’t take it with him. We had it over the bar for a couple months, then my dumbass roommate put it on the wall facing a heavily trafficked EL street. Despite being on the third floor, an ELPD officer noticed the banner and claimed it as stolen property. Wish I’d known the laws better back when I was 20, but NBD, the banner was back where it belonged, despite having already been replaced.

Holy shit! That’s awesome and a huge bummer. That would be gold.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 31317
Join date : 2014-04-21
Age : 57
Location : Right here

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by The Pantry on 2019-01-12, 21:31

InTenSity wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Never stole a road sign but did come across a 55 mph speed limit sign in the woods Up North. Took it back downstate and nailed it inside the back wall of my parents garage. Sold the house after my mom passed 20 years ago. Sorta wondering if that sign is still there.
Why were you in Clare?
Passed through Clare a number of times before 75 was completed. It's very far south of Up North. The word "downstate" means "from north of the Bridge".
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10927
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by steveschneider on 2019-01-12, 21:35

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes. Many of them. Would have been '96 - '99. We were not one of the first few houses off of Michigan Ave that used to have the multi-house block party keggers. We were about halfway between Michigan and GR on the East side of the street. I can't remember if we had the house for 1 or 2 good Welcome Weeks before the gestapo started cracking down. After that all of our keggers were garbage bags over the windows type. We used to order the big PPV boxing fights and charge $3 for a cup or $6 for cup and fight combo.

Very good odds I was some random person at your house drinking beer. Thank you for doing your part to make college life great.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 18481
Join date : 2014-05-02

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-01-12, 21:47

The Pantry wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
Why were you in Clare?
Passed through Clare a number of times before 75 was completed. It's very far south of Up North. The word "downstate" means "from north of the Bridge".

Balderdash. I’ve heard business owners all around Petoskey use the term downstate my entire life.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30813
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-01-12, 21:50

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Best thing I ever had was stolen by the guy who previously lived in my room. He somehow managed to swipe an MSU National championship banner, but was moving abroad and couldn’t take it with him. We had it over the bar for a couple months, then my dumbass roommate put it on the wall facing a heavily trafficked EL street. Despite being on the third floor, an ELPD officer noticed the banner and claimed it as stolen property. Wish I’d known the laws better back when I was 20, but NBD, the banner was back where it belonged, despite having already been replaced.

Holy shit! That’s awesome and a huge bummer. That would be gold.

It was seriously cool having it for the few months we did. That roommate wasn’t too bright.
I’ve since purchased a few old street and highway signs through eBay, but that’s not anywhere near as fun as stealing it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30813
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by The Pantry on 2019-01-12, 22:11

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Passed through Clare a number of times before 75 was completed. It's very far south of Up North. The word "downstate" means "from north of the Bridge".

Balderdash. I’ve heard business owners all around Petoskey use the term downstate my entire life.
All in denial of what it means, thinking it was a hip thing to say.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 10927
Join date : 2014-04-16
Location : Troy

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by tGreenWay on 2019-01-13, 00:47

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Balderdash. I’ve heard business owners all around Petoskey use the term downstate my entire life.
All in denial of what it means, thinking it was a hip thing to say.

You obviously haven’t met those owners.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Posts : 30813
Join date : 2014-04-18
Location : East Lansing

Back to top Go down

Re: College kids and stolen road signs for their rooms.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum